Havi of the Earth Kingdom

By _Unina05_

Havi is the older sister to Haru. While her brother is an earthbender, she was born without that gift but is... More

Introducing Havi
Chapter 1: Imprisoned
Chapter 2: Imprisoned
Chapter 4: Winter Solstice Part 2
Chapter 5: The Waterbending Scroll
Chapter 6: The Waterbending Scroll
Chapter 7: Jet
Chapter 8: Jet
Chapter 9: The Great Divide
Chapter 10: The Storm
Chapter 11: The Fortune Teller
Chapter 12: The Fortune Teller
Chapter 13: Bato of the Water Tribe
Chapter 14: Bato of the Water Tribe
Chapter 15: The Deserter
Chapter 16: The Deserter
Chapter 17: The Northern Air Temple
Chapter 18: The Waterbending Master
Chapter 19: The Waterbending Master
Chapter 20: The Seige of the North Part 1
Chapter 21: The Siege of the North Part 2
Chapter 22: The Avatar State
Chapter 23: The Avatar State
Chapter 24: The Cave of Two Lovers
Chapter 25: The Cave of Two Lovers
Chapter 26: Return to Omashu
Chapter 27: The Swamp
Chapter 28: The Blind Bandit
Chapter 29: The Blind Bandit
Chapter 30: The Chase
Chapter 31: The Chase
Chapter 32: Bitter Work
Chapter 33: The Library
Chapter 34: The Library
Chapter 35: The Desert
Chapter 36: The Serpent's Pass
Chapter 37: The Serpent's Pass
Chapter 38: The Drill
Chapter 39: City of Walls and Secrets
Chapter 40: City of Walls and Secrets
Chapter 41: The Tales of Ba Sing Se
Chapter 42: Lake Laogai
Chapter 43: Lake Laogai
Chapter 44: The Earth King
Chapter 45: The Earth King
Chapter 46: The Guru/The Crossroads
Chapter 47: The Awakening
Chapter 48: The Headband
Chapter 49: The Painted Lady
Chapter 50: The Painted Lady
Chapter 51: Sokka's Master
Chapter 52: The Avatar and The Firelord
Chapter 53: The Runaway
Chapter 54: The Runaway
Chapter 55: The Puppetmaster
Chapter 56: The Puppetmaster
Chapter 57: Nightmares and Daydreams
Chapter 58: The Invasion
Chapter 59: The Invasion

Chapter 3: Winter Solstice Part 1

2.6K 67 96
By _Unina05_

Havi's pov

Aang, Sokka, Katara, and I were all relaxing on Appa while on our way to the North Pole. After a little bit of small talk I found out that right now our mission is to get Aang to a waterbending teacher so he can master the element. Our peace and quiet was interrupted when Katara spoke, "Those clouds look so soft, don't they? Like you could just jump down and you'd land in a big, soft, cottony heap."

"Maybe you should give it a try," Sokka suggests making me let out a soft laugh.

"You're hilarious." Katara says dryly.

"Havi laughed."

I nudge Sokka, "Don't bring me into this."

"I'll try it!" Aang yells before jumping off Appa to disappear beyond the clouds. Us three left looked over the edge right as the air bender jumped back on Appa behind us, "Turns out, clouds are made of water." He airbended his soaking clothes dry.

"Hey, what is that?" Katara brings out attention to land that looks dark and out of place from the other trees.

"It's like a scar," I point out.

We all land down in the dead forest and sokka says, "listen, it's so quiet. There's no life anywhere."

"Aang are you okay?" Katara was cut off by a yelling sokka.

"Fire nation!" He bends down by some footprints so I walk over to see them as well, "those evil savages make me sick. They have no respect for-" Katara shushes him, "What, I'm not allowed to be angry?"

She points over to a sorrowful aang as he drops to his knees, "why would anyone do this? How could I let this happen?"

I try to help, "Aang you didn't let this happen. It has nothing to do with you."

"Yes it does. It's the avatars job to protect nature, but I don't know how to do my job."

"That's why were going to the North Pole" katara says this time, "to find you a teacher."

"Yeah. A waterbending teacher but there's no one who can teach me how to be the avatar," he continues to look away from us, "monk Gyatso said that avatar Roku would help me."

Sokka looked up in confusion, "the avatar before you? He died over a hundred years ago. How are you supposed to talk to him?"

"I don't know," Momo jumps into Aang's lap so he pets his ears.

"Hey Aang, are you ready to be cheered up?" Katara says his her hands behind her back.

"No- Ow!" She threw an acorn at his head and I picked it off the ground, "hey, how is that cheering me up?"

Sokka laughed, "cheered me up- Ow!" I had thrown the acorn at his head and he rubs where it hit, "yeah I probably deserved that."

"These acorns are everywhere, Aang" katara explains and bends down to where he sat, "that means the forest will grow back. Every one of these will be a tall oak tree someday and all the birds and animals that lived here will come back." She places the acorn in his hand.

"Thanks, Katara." An old man walking towards us brings my attention away from the little couple, I'm not forcing it but there's definitely some romantic tension in there.

"Hey, who are you?" I ask frantically.

He answers, "when I saw the flying bison I thought it was impossible but those markings.. are you the avatar, child?" Aang looks back at katara for permission before nodding, "my village desperately needs your help." The man took us to what I'm assuming is his worn down village. Almost all the houses were destroyed. He leads us into a building with people inside, "this young person is the avatar."

A younger guy than the old man walks up to us, "so the rumors of your return are true." He bows "it is the greatest honor of a lifetime to be in your presence."

Aang bows back, "nice to meet you too. So, is there something I can help you with?"

"I'm not sure." The leader looks away but the old man doesn't take that for an answer,

"Our village is in crisis. He's our only hope," he tuned back to us, "for the last few days at sunset, a spirit monster comes and attacks our village."

I furrow my brows to hide my nerves. I look over from Sokka rubbing my arm with a finger, "It'll be okay," I give him a smile and keep listening to the old man.

"He is hei bai, the black and white spirit."

"Why is it attacking you?" Sokka asks.

"We do not know," the leader steps forward, "but each of the last three nights he has abducted one of our own. We are especially fearful because the winter solstice draws near."

"What happens then?" I ask.

"As the solstice approaches, the natural world and the spirit world grow closer and closer until the line between them is blurred completely." He turns back to us "Hei bai is already causing devastation and destruction. Once the solstice is here, there will be no telling what will happen."

"So, what do you want me to do exactly?" Aang asks.

The old man answers, "who better to resolve a crisis between our world and the spirit world than the avatar himself? You are the great bridge between man and spirits."

"Right. That's me."

"Hey, great bridge guy," Katara speaks up, "Can I talk to you over here for a second?" They walk away from us.

Sokka looks at me with a funny face and I just smile and push him over. We walk over to Katara and aang and hear what he says, "I don't know anything at all about the spirit world."

"Well, shit." I say and both the siblings glare at me. I throw my hands up, "what? We were all thinking it!"

"It's not like there's someone to teach me this stuff," Aang says with attitude.

Katara sighs, "so, can you help these people?"

"I have to try, don't I? Maybe whatever I have to do will just come to me." Momo lands on his shoulder.

"I think you can do it, aang." Katara says with a smile. There is no way that's not flirting.

"Yeah," sokka glooms, "we're all gonna get eaten by a spirit monster."

• • •

Later that day, we sent Aang out into the town alone to try to communicate with Hei Bai. Katara, Sokka, and I stood at a window watching Aang yell out to the spirit, "this isn't right," sokka speaks up, "we can't sit here and cower while aang waits for some monster to show up."

I nod, "I agree with Sokka! We can't just do nothing."

"If anyone can save us, he can." The old man explains.

I look at him, "he still shouldn't have to face this alone."

We wait a little longer as the sun sets. Patience is not my strong suit so this is killing me. We watch as Aang yells some things out to the air, spins around his stick a little, then begins his walk back towards us. I could tell he had given up but this fight was only starting. A large spirit appears from behind him and I gasp.

"You must be the hei bai spirit. My name is-" Aang was cut off by the spirit screaming and walking away, "my name is aang! I'm the avatar and I would like to help! Hey, wait up!"

I watch as the giant spirit smashes homes then teleports to smash more. A man speaks behind us, "the avatars methods are unusual."

"It's doesn't seem to interested in what he's saying." Sokka says, "maybe we should go help him."

"No," mr. old man Joe says, "only the avatar stands a chance against the hei bai."

"Aang will figure out the right thing to do, Sokka." Katara says.

Aang jumps up onto a roof to get the attention of the spirit, "please, would you stop destroying things and listen? I'm just trying to do my job as spirit bridge." He sounds exasperated, "excuse me! Would you please turn around? I command you to turn around now!" The hei bai turns and blows aang straight off the roof he stood upon. He lands on the ground, away from the spirit, after hitting a different house.

I can't just stand here and watch him get his ass whooped, "that's it. He needs help!"

"I'm with you, Havi." Sokka and I run out of the building.

"Guys! Wait!" Katara chases after us.

"It's not safe," the leader adds but we don't listen.

"Hei Bai! Over here!" Sokka yells out then throws his boomerang at it.

I run over to Aang, "Havi, go back!"

"We'll fight him together, Aang." Sokka finally joins us.

"I don't want to fight him unless I-" Aang was cut off by the angry spirit grabbing me. Aw fuuuuuck. This is gonna suck.

"Ahh!" I scream as I'm carried out to the forest, "Sokka's the one who threw the boomerang! Why take me!?" I look behind me and see Aang flying towards me on his glider while dodging trees, "Aang! Over here!" I try to wriggle out of the spirits grasp but it was too tight. He continues to take out of the woods into the dead forest we found earlier, "help!" I yell out again.

"Hang on, Havi!" Aang comes closer and closer on his glider to grab me. Right as I had reached out far enough to take his hand, everything went dark.

• • •

Dazed and confused I walk out of a bamboo forest? When the hell did I go to a bamboo forest? I rub my head trying to remember while I walk into the village I was at.

"Havi!" I look to the side and sokka run my way. He catches me off guard in a hug.

"Hey, sokka?" I say slightly confused. He pushes me to arms length and he had a blush on his cheeks.

"Sorry, I- we were really worried about you." Katara joins us.

"What happened?" I asked them.

Katara tells me, "You were trapped in the spirit world for 24 hours. How are you feeling?"

"Like I seriously need to use the bathroom," I run off from then to relieve myself.

• • •

We were all about to leave so a few people came to say goodbye. The leader first thanked us, "thank you, avatar. If only there were a way to repay for what you've done."

"You could give us some supplies and some money" sokka suggested.

Katara elbows him in the side, "sokka!"

"What? We need stuff."

The leader bows, "it would be an honor to help prepare you for your journey."

Katara puts her hand on Aangs arm, "I'm so proud of you, aang. You figured out what to do all on your own."

I tap sokka to get his attention then point at katara and Aang. I turn away from sokka and wrap my arms around myself while making kissing noises. Sokka and I laugh together and keep listening to Aang, "actually, I did have a little help and there's something else."

"What is it?" I ask.

"I need to talk to Roku," Aang says, " and I think I found a way to contact his spirit."

"That's great!" Katara sucks up but Sokka says it how it is,

"Creepy, but great."

"There's a temple on a crescent-shaped island and if I go there on the solstice I'll be able to speak with him."

"But the solstice is tomorrow." I point out.

"Yeah and there's one more problem." He looks away from us, "the island is in the fire nation." We all widen our eyes in fear.

I didn't feel like writing this WHOLE episode... oops? Posting again Thursday how about?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 58.6K 49
Ruka (ROO-KAH) is the middle sibling between Sokka and Katara. Unlike her younger sister, she didn't believe the avatar would return and save the wor...
78.3K 2.4K 16
DISCONTINUED **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚🔥˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚* She was born to be a strong warrior. Not only did she possess the ability to firebend, but the blood of th...
870K 23.7K 130
Elua's purpose has always been to protect and help her brother, Avatar Aang, keep balance to the world. One night, her brother runs away from home. S...
75.3K 2.1K 18
With Yue's death fresh on the minds of the GAang, they struggle to come to terms with the hand they've been dealt, and the ways that they have to han...