Not the Same (Alex Morgan/Rea...

由 Thompson1317

It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not... 更多

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
IMPORATANT: Author's Note
New Book!
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's Note
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Author's Note: Test
Sneak Book of New Book
Chapter 53
New Book
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Sneak Peak of New Book
New Book
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Important Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 26

5.4K 151 3
由 Thompson1317

Warnings: None
————————————————————————
Recap:

In the ninety-first minute Jessica scores the last goal of the game and the stadium roars with cheers. The final whistle blows and everyone on the bench runs onto the field. I just sit in my wheelchair taking everything in, the crowd, the team, the field, literally everything.

I see Alex runs towards me, "NOOO, don't hug me, you're all sweaty," I say and she laughs.

"To bad," Alex says and hugs me.

I just groan. "Don't worry, this just means we can save water together later," Alex says when she pulls back with a smirk on her face.

My eyes widen and I slap her on the arm and she laughs. Alex pushes me onto the field so I can be with the rest of the team and so I can see the 99ers when they are called on.

This might be one of the best days of my life.
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

"I can't Dawn," I say as I try to take a step.

"Yes you can, Y/N. Come on," Dawn says standing ten feet away from me as I slowly step forward, "There you go, you got it."

My leg and arm have improved. I am able to use crutches now, so now I can move around by myself. Dawn has been trying to help me walk because I told her I wanted to surprise the team when they have their send off game.

Between the Belgium game and now the team has recorded all of the 23 Stories, played South Africa, played New Zealand, went to New York City for a surprise from Nike, and had their World Cup media day. Unfortunately I couldn't go to NYC or go with them for media day because I'm not part of the team, so Dawn put in extra sessions.

"Dawn, I can't do it," I say stopping a couple feet away from her.

"Yes you can, Y/N. I can see the fear in your eyes, I know your leg doesn't hurt right now, you are just scared," Dawn tells me and I look at her with hesitation.

I take a deep breath and start walking again. After a couple steps I collapse in Dawn's arms and she holds me. "See, I knew you could do it," Dawn says as she picks me up and sits me on a chair.

I sigh once I'm on the chair. "The team is on their way back to the hotel from training. Do you want to take an ice bath for your legs before they get back," Dawn asks as she gets the recovery things set up.

I look at her contemplating if I want to or not. I don't verbally answer and just nod. "What's wrong kid," Dawn asks me as she sets up the ice bath.

"Nothing," I say as I grab my phone off the table next to me.

Dawn just shakes her head, she knows not to push me. "Alright kid, put the phone down," Dawn says as she walk over.

I place it down and wince a little when she picks me up, I'm really sore from all the physical therapy sessions. Dawn gently places me in the bath and I shiver as I start to submerge myself into it. I close my eyes and hear Dawn walk away.

After a few minutes I hear multiple people talking down the hall and I know it's the team. I feel arms wrap around my shoulders and I open my eyes to come face to face with Alex. "Hey," she says with a smile.

I just give her a small smile and lean my head on her arm. Alex sighs, "What's wrong," she whispers so the team doesn't hear.

"Can we talk about it later," I ask her.

Alex nods and softly kisses my head. "Do you want to come back to the room," she asks as she removes her arms and stands up.

I just nod and a few seconds later Alex is back with a towel. She helps me get out of the bath and wraps the towel around me. I then lean into her as she yells to Kelley, "Kell," Alex says and Kelley turns to look at us, "Can you bring me Y/N's crutches?"

Kelley nods and brings my crutches over. Kelley sees the sad look on my face, "What's wrong bestie?"

I just shake my head and lean more into Alex. Kelley looks at me sad and confused, "Alright, well if you want to talk you know I'm here for you," Kelley tells me as she places a hand on my shoulder.

I give her a small smile which makes her smile, "I'll see you guys later. I'm going out with some of the other girls," Kelley says with a bright smile and she walks away.

Alex and I go upstairs to our room and we take a shower together and no, we did not do anything. Now, we are laying in bed, my head laying on Alex's chest as she runs her fingers through my hair. "You want to tell me what's wrong now," Alex asks.

I sigh and wrap my arm around her waist, "I feel useless."

Alex places her fingers under my chin and lifts it so I'm looking at her. "Why would you think that?"

"Becuase I can't walk. I can't run. I can't do anything without those stupid crutches," I tell her.

"But you will get through it, I know you will. You are one of the strongest people I have ever met, Y/N/N," Alex tells me and I smile a little.

"How do you know that I will get through this," I ask her.

"Because the amount of other horrible things that have happened in your life, you got through them," Alex tells me.

"How do you know how to always make me feel better?"

"Magic," Alex says and I laugh.

I lean up and place a kiss on her lips and she smiles. I lay my head on her shoulder and ask her a question, "Do you know where I'll be sitting during the World Cup games?"

"Jill told me that she is unable to add you to the staff list, so you are going to have to sit in the friends and family section. After the game security will escort you on the field so you can come back to the hotel with us," Alex says.

"Ok, hopefully I'll survive," I say and Alex chuckles.

"You will be fine. Now let's watch Netflix," She says happily as she grabs her computer.

This girl is something else.

---

Today is the send off game. Right now Dawn and I are talking while the girls warm up, "You ready for today," she asks.

I shift a little while I stand up with my crutches, "I'm nervous, I don't want to mess this up," I tell Dawn.

Dawn then stands up and places her hands on my shoulders. "You will be fine. The only person that you need to get to is Alex, just focus on Alex."

I nod and I look to where Alex is. Her and I lock eyes and she gives me a little wave, I smile back then she gets back to warming up. "That's all you need to do kid," Dawn says and walks to the team to finish up their warm up.

The team heads into the locker room, but I stay by the bench. Alex is the captain today so I won't be able to sit with her, but after the National Anthem,  Mal and Emily sit next to me. "Hiiiiii," Mal says and I look at her weirdly.

"Are you ok," I ask her.

"Yep, I'm just excited for the World Cup," Mal says as she looks at the field.

I feel Sonnett lay her head on me when the whistle is blown to start the game. I just smile down at her and move my shoulder slightly which results in her head falling off. "Heyyy," Sonnett says as she lightly shoves me with a chuckle.

"Sorry, not sorry," I say as I focus back on the game.

---

It is now the end of the game, we won 3-0 with a goal from Tobin, Carli, and Christen. All the girls are on the field in their team huddle. I take a deep breath and shakily stand up without my crutches. Dawn looks at me and gives me a thumbs up and I nod towards her.

I take my first step, then second, and third. I slowly continue walking towards the team and I look at them as I walk. Ali looks away from the huddle for a quick second and freezes with wide eyes when she sees me. I look back down at me feet for my coordination and when I look back up the entire team is looking at me.

Most of them are shocked, some are frozen, and some are crying, but Alex is a combination of all three. I smile as I start to get closer to Alex and once I reach her I collapse in her arms, my legs too tired to hold me up anymore. Alex holds me tightly and cries into my shoulder.

"You did it, you walked," Alex says once she takes her head off my shoulder.

I laugh and wipe her tears away as she continues to hold me, "I sure did."

Alex pulls me back in for a hug and I relax into her arms. "GROUP HUG," Kelley screams and everyone comes into a hug and everyone starts congratulating me and tells me how proud they are of me.

After the group hug Kelley picks me up and spins me around. "Kelley! Stop it," I say while laughing.

Kelley sets me down and gives me one last hug.

Once the hug ends I speak up, "Why did you guys have to stand so far from the bench though," I say and everyone starts laughing and I smile.

This team is my family.
————————————————————————
I hope you guys enjoyed the update! Don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

4.2K 72 29
It's been 5 months since the World Cup. Alex and Tobin are planning their wedding, preparing for the day they go to court with Andy, and thinking abo...
13 Hours 由 Alex

同人小說

89.1K 3.7K 60
13 Hours 13 Hours changed my life 13 Hours destroyed me 13 Hours erased a part of me Those 13 Hours will forever haunt me, my family, and my spouse
412K 7.3K 52
Sage is 17 and her life has taken a turn for the worse ever since she lost her father. Her mother has become abusive and hasn't let Sage out of the h...
154K 4.3K 30
(BOOK ONE) Logan Scott is at the end of her college soccer career, next up is the professional stage and pledging allegiance to the Nation she feels...