Not the Same (Alex Morgan/Rea...

By Thompson1317

It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
IMPORATANT: Author's Note
New Book!
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's Note
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Author's Note: Test
Sneak Book of New Book
Chapter 53
New Book
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Sneak Peak of New Book
New Book
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Important Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 18

7.6K 180 10
By Thompson1317

Warnings: None
————————————————————————
Recap:

We start to watch TV when something pops up. "Breaking news," the person starts off, "The suspect driver of the drive by from a few days ago is now in custody."

Alex's and my eyes widen when this is said. Once it cuts back to the show we were watching I am not looking at the TV anymore. Alex tightens her hold around me, "It's gonna be ok."

I snuggle more into her a close my eyes as tears start to stream down my face. "It will be ok, I will be here for you every step of the way," Alex tells me.

I nod and yawn as I start to feel sleepy. "Go to sleep, Y/N," Alex tells me.

I let sleep start to take me when I feel Alex place a kiss on my head. "I am never leaving you ever again," she says as I'm lulled into sleep.
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

I wake up feeling a little cold. I look to where Alex was laying and she's not there, there is a note though.

Dear Y/N,
I hope you slept well and I hope you are feeling ok. I had to leave early this morning to catch a flight to Tampa for the SheBelieves Cup. The game will be on March 5th if you want to watch. I will come straight back to Utah once the game is over, some others might be coming as well. I'll see you soon.
- Alex

I have a smile on my face once I finish reading the letter. I set it down on the table and Dr. Miller walks into my room. "Good morning, how did you sleep," she asks me.

"I slept alright, only a little bit of pain," I tell her.

"That's good," she says, "I'm going to change your bandages and check your ribs then a nurse will bring in breakfast for you."

"Ok, sounds good," I say.

Dr. Miller walks over to my right hand. She takes the bandages off my knuckles and cleans them. She applies some ointment on it and then wraps it.

Next, she moves the blanket that is covering my right leg. My eyes widen when I see my thigh wrapped up, I didn't know that was there.

Dr. Miller takes the wrap off and I see multiple cuts across my thigh. She does the same thing she did to my knuckles. "Ok, so bandages are done. I'm not gonna take of the wrap around your ribs because they need to stay stabilized right now. So just tell me how they feel," she says.

"They're not too bad, of course they only really hurt when I move," I say.

She nods, " That's good. Ok, you're all set, I'll come back later just to check in. A nurse will be in soon with breakfast," Dr. Miller tells me and walks out.

After about five minutes a nurse walks in with food. "So for breakfast today we have pancakes, bacon, toast, and a banana. There is also some apple juice," she says as she places the tray in front of me.

"Thank you," I say and she nods and leaves the room.

I start to eat with only one thought on my mind, I want some real food.
———
It is March 5th and the game just finished. We beat Brazil 1-0. Thanks to Tobin in the 20th minute, we won. Even though we won the last game, England still came out on top.

As I am watching a show that is on, my phone rings. I slowly reach for since my arm is a little sore and I pick it up. "Hello," I say when I answer it.

"Hey, Y/N/N," the person says and I instantly smile.

"Hey, Alex. Great game tonight."

"Thank you. I'm just calling to let you know that I'm on my way to the airport to come to Utah," she says and my smile grows.

"Ok, who else is coming with you?"

I hear Alex chuckle a little, "A few people are."

"How many is a few, Al," I ask.

"Just the entire team," she tells me and I roll my eyes and laugh.

"Ok, Al. Do you think you can do me a favor?"

"Of course."

"Can you tell the team that I saw my mom and that it will just take time, especially with me like this," I ask her, "I don't feel like explaining it when they get here."

"Will do," she says.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome," she replies.

After talking for about ten minutes Alex tells me that her flight was called. "I gotta go, but I'll see you soon," she tells me.

"Ok, bye Al."

"Bye Y/N/N," she says and we hang up.
———
After a few hours and taking a nap, there is a knock on the door. "Hey," Alex says as she walks in.

I look at her and reach my good arm out to her with a smile. Alex smiles back and walks into my embrace. We hold each other for a little then pull apart. "How are you feeling," Alex asks as she hold my hand.

"I honestly feel better than the last time you were here," I say and her smile grows.

"That's great," she says, "There are some people here that want to say hi, can they come in?"

"Yeah," I say and she leaves the room.

Alex walks in with Tobin, Christen, Kelley, and Becky trailing behind her. Tobin immediately comes over to me and gives me a hug. I wrap my arms around her and hold her, "I missed you," she tells me.

"I missed you too, Tobs," I say.

Tobin pulls away then Becky walks over. "Hey, Cap," I say as she hugs me.

"Hey, Y/N/N," she says.

"Thank you for giving us a chance," she says as she pulls away.

I grab her hand and give it a light squeeze. The next person quickly walks over, "I am so sorry," she says.

"It's ok Chrissy, I'm here," I say as I rub her back as she hugs me.

Christen pulls away with a smile and walks towards the other girls. Kelley doesn't move, she just stands there and looks at me with tears in her eyes. "Hey, Squirrel," I say and she lets out a small laugh as she rushes over to me.

We pull each other into a hug, "I thought I was going to lose you again," she says.

"Nope, I don't plan on going anywhere," I say and she pulls away with a smile.

After talking the four girls leave the room and Alex goes and grabs the next group. The door opens and Rose, Mal, Sonnet, and Lindsey walk in. "Hello, children," I say and they all walk towards me and give me a group hug.

After a little they all pull away, except for one. "What are you doing Sonnet," I ask her.

"I'm just making sure you don't leave again," she tells me.

I chuckle and run my fingers through her hair, "I don't plan on going anywhere, Em," I tell her.

She pulls away with tears streaming down her face and I wipe them away.

After talking with those four girls the rotation continues and after an hour all the girls have been in the room and now it's just Alex and I. She is laying in the bed with me when she asks me something, "Y/N?"

"Yeah, Al," I ask as my head is laying on her chest.

"Do you think that we could go on a date depending on how you're feeling, when we get to Orlando. I know you want to take things slow but-," I cut her off.

"I think we can do that," I tell her with a smile.

I look up at her and she looks down at me. We both get lost in each other's eyes when I speak up, "You're so beautiful," I tell her and she blushes a little.

"Not as beautiful as you," Alex replies and it's my turn to blush.

We slowly lean in, but the door opens and we quickly pull away. "Did we interrupt something?"

"No, you didn't. Hey, Jill. Hey, Dawn," I say as Alex starts to run her fingers through my hair.

"I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for how I treated you," Jill says, "You didn't deserve that and I am very sorry."

"I know Jill. I acted out poorly, I probably would of done the same. Also, thank you, both of you, for letting Alex to come and see me," I say.

"Of course, we'll leave you girls to it," Dawn says and they walk out the room.

"That was awkward," Alex says with a laugh.

"That was," I reply and look back up at her and she looks back down.

"I mean, it could still happen if you want it to," Alex says.

"I want it to," I reply.

We slowly lean into each other and then our lips touch. All I feel are sparks and butterflies that I haven't felt in a year. "Yeah," I say as we pull away, "We will definitely go on a date when we get to Orlando."

Alex laughs and kisses me one more time before I lay my head back on her chest. I have a good feeling with what's to come.
————————————————————————
Here's the last update for today! I hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.1K 1.5K 32
The story that shows my life at 16 and being the next top soccer player for the U.S. National team. Fanfiction of the USWNT some AU!
6.5K 159 17
"I didn't know what had happened to me, but ever since the night before, I hadn't been able to stop thinking about her. The thought of our hands touc...
21.3K 553 13
You and Hope had been through this before. Way back before you were just boring old you and she was her, the big soccer entity she was now. You had d...
974K 28.9K 139
Eleanore Queen is the upcoming rising star for both her club and national team. Recruted by the Arsenal Academy at an age of 12, she made her debut f...