Not the Same (Alex Morgan/Rea...

By Thompson1317

It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
IMPORATANT: Author's Note
New Book!
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's Note
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Author's Note: Test
Sneak Book of New Book
Chapter 53
New Book
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Sneak Peak of New Book
New Book
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Important Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 19

7.1K 158 6
By Thompson1317

Warnings: None
————————————————————————
Recap:

We slowly lean in, but the door opens and we quickly pull away. "Did we interrupt something?"

"No, you didn't. Hey, Jill. Hey, Dawn," I say as Alex starts to run her fingers through my hair.

"I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for how I treated you," Jill says, "You didn't deserve that and I am very sorry."

"I know Jill. I acted out poorly, I probably would of done the same. Also, thank you, both of you, for letting Alex to come and see me," I say.

"Of course, we'll leave you girls to it," Dawn says and they walk out the room.

"That was awkward," Alex says with a laugh.

"That was," I reply and look back up at her and she looks back down.

"I mean, it could still happen if you want it to," Alex says.

"I want it to," I reply.

We slowly lean into each other and then our lips touch. All I feel are sparks and butterflies that I haven't felt in a year. "Yeah," I say as we pull away, "We will definitely go on a date when we get to Orlando."

Alex laughs and kisses me one more time before I lay my head back on her chest. I have a good feeling with what's to come.
———
Present

Y/N's POV:

It has been three days since the team came to visit me. Alex hasn't left my side besides to get food, take a shower, and go to the restroom. Right now nurses are setting me up in my room to take me for a brain scan and it is 3am. I tiredly look at Alex as she sits next me. She tiredly looks back at me.

"Ok," Dr. Miller says, "We will take about 15 minutes to get enough brain scans and we'll be back."

Alex nods and stand up and walks to me. "I'll see you in a little bit," she says as she places a kiss on my lips.

"See you in a bit," I say with a smile then I am taken to the other room.

After 15 minutes the nurses take me back to my room where I see Alex sleeping on the couch. The nurses quietly set my leg and arm back up on the wire and leave the room. Dr. Miller then walks in, "You'll have your results tonight, Y/N. Sound good?"

"Sounds perfect, thanks Doc," I say to her.

"No problem, get some rest," Dr. Miller says and walks out the room.

Once she leaves I look at Alex and smile, she looks so peaceful. I close my eyes and go to sleep.
———
It is about 11am when I am waken up by someone moving around. I groan a little when the light in the room blinds me and I close my eyes. I hear someone chuckle and I slowly open my eyes. "Hey, beautiful," Alex says as she walks over to me.

I smile at her, "Hi."

"I'm gonna head out to get some food, do you want anything," Alex asks me.

"A taco would be great," I tell her.

Alex laughs as she hold my hand, "You love your tacos don't you?"

"Of course I do," I say.

Alex smiles and leans down to place a kiss on my lips, "I'll be back in thirty," she says as she pulls away.

"Sounds good, bye Al."

"Bye, Y/N/N," Alex says and walks out the room.

It's been about ten minutes when someone walks into room. "Jill? What are you doing here," I ask her as she sits next to my bed.

"What," she chuckles, "You not happy to see me?"

"I'm happy to see you, I'm just confused on why your here," I tell her.

"Well, I want to talk to you about something and just check in on you," Jill tells me.

"Well, they took brain scans earlier which will determine if I can go home or not," I tell her.

"That's great, I'm happy your recovering."

I smile,"Ok, what's up?"

"I wanted to talk to you about your soccer career," Jill says.

I sigh and look down, "I don't know Jill. I haven't played in a year. I haven't touched a soccer ball in a year."

"I know, I know, but I need to tell you something that no one else on the team knows," Jill tells me.

I look at her curiously, "What is it?"

"I will be retiring after the World Cup," she says.

"WHAT," I say as I sit up, but wince when my ribs ache.

"Relax, Y/N. I have been coaching for a while and I want to spend time with my family. I have been talking to U.S. Soccer and the staff, we already have a coach in mind for my position, but we think you could be a great assistant coach if you decide not to play again," Jill tells me.

I look down, "Having that job could help me a lot," I tell her, "I'll have to think about it."

"That's all I want, thank you Y/N. I'll see you at the World Cup with Alex," Jill says as she gives me a hug.

I laugh lightly, "See you then," I tell her.

Jill leaves and not even five minutes later Alex walls in. "I just saw Jill, did something happen," she asks me.

"I'll tell you at some point," I tell her.

Alex nods and hands me my food, "Here's the taco for the pretty lady."

"Thanks, Al," I say as she sits down and eats her food.

Once we are done Alex gets in the bed with me. "Thank you for giving me a chance, Y/N," she says as she looks down at me.

I look at her, "I'm gonna be honest, I was scared at first, but I realized that you didn't want to hurt me. That you did want to marry me. I'm fucking angry at my mom for what she did," I say, "You could be my wife right now," I tell Alex as I look down.

Alex places her fingers under my chin, "And hopefully in the future I will," she says and places a kiss on my lips.

I smile and lay my head on her chest and we fall asleep.
———
It is about 5pm when Alex and I hear a knock on the door. We have been up for about an hour. Dr. Miller walks into the room, "Hi Alex and Y/N, I have the brain scan results. It seems that the swelling in your brain has gone down the right amount for you to be released from the hospital. You can leave today if you would like. You just need to sign her out Alex."

"This is great news, thank you so much Dr. Miller," I say.

"Of course. Alex told me that you would be going back to Orlando, so I called the best doctor and physical therapist there to help you. I will be back with the papers to sign you out and a wheelchair for you to have, Y/N, so you can have time to change," Dr. Miller says as she walks out.

Alex and I look at each other with smile on our faces, "I'm going home," I tell Alex and her smile grows.

Alex helps me slowly change into some sweatpants and a sweatshirt that she brought me. Once she finishes Dr. Miller walks in with the papers to sign me out and a wheelchair. Alex signs out and her and Dr. Miller help me in the wheelchair.

I give Dr. Miller a hug and Alex and I make our way to the car Alex rented for while she was here. Alex helps me into the car and puts the wheelchair in the drunk. Once she's in the drivers seat she grabs my hand a places a kiss on it then we leave to go to my apartment.

When we get to my apartment Alex wheels me inside, "I'm sorry for the mess," I tell Alex.

"It's not a mess," Alex says.

We go to my room and pack everything. Then I grab my guitar and place it onto my lap. Alex walks up behind me and wraps her arms around my shoulder. "You're gonna need to play for me now since you'll be living with me," she whispers in my ear.

"I will," I tell her.

"Good," she says and places a kiss behind my ear.

Alex then wheels me into the room where my piano is. "You play the piano," she asks shocked.

"Yep," I say as I run my fingers over the keys.

"Why didn't you tell me," Alex asks.

I sigh and look down, "I was going to play the day of our wedding."

Alex eyes soften, "I'm sorry," she says.

"It's ok, you want me to play you a song?"

"YES," Alex says excitingly as she moves the stool aside and pushes me in front of it.

Alex sits on the bench and I start to play.

Once I finish Alex has tears streaming down her face. I lean over and place a kiss on her forehead and wipe her tears away. I pull her into my lap carefully so she doesn't hurt me. Alex snuggles into me and I just hold her till we had to leave.
————————————————————————
Here you go! I hope that you all enjoyed the update! Don't forget o comment, vote, and stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 2.5K 36
Alex lives in a foster home. Her mother died when there was fire in the house and her father died in a plane crash. Her brother is the only one left...
207K 4K 75
Emma have a pretty dark and complicated past. Love never goes her way, parents never existed and being bullied. But what will happen when she get a c...
154K 4.3K 30
(BOOK ONE) Logan Scott is at the end of her college soccer career, next up is the professional stage and pledging allegiance to the Nation she feels...
103K 2.7K 41
y/n y/ln was born in the US but her fathers family is from England and her mothers family is from Italy. Her parents moved back to England and y/n gr...