Multiverse Switch

Door DepravityCorner

"I'm not, I repeat, I'm NOT going to play around with you." "It's your fault why we're stuck like this." "I c... Meer

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Fourth General
Chapter 2 - Dance and Play Your Part
Chapter 3 - Many Things Happening
Chapter 4 - How Much Do You Know?
Chapter 5 - Apologies
Chapter 6 - Doubts
Chapter 7 - Happy
Chapter 8 - Sneaking
Chapter 9 - Lies
Chapter 10 - Seventh General
Chapter 11 - Cry in My Funeral, Will You?
Chapter 12 - Who is He?
Chapter 13 - Winter Festival
Chapter 14 - Abducted
Chapter 15 - First General is Who?
Chapter 16 - The King and His Servants
Chapter 17 - Traitors
Chapter 18 - Like You're Any Better
Chapter 19 - Promises
Chapter 20 - Slaves in the Army
Chapter 21 - Strange Things
Chapter 22 - First Day is a Day to Screw Up
Chapter 23 - Kill Me
Chapter 24 - Pent Up Emotions
Chapter 25 - Orders
Chapter 26 - Saving Lives
Chapter 28 - Too Quiet
Chapter 29 - Harmless Blackmails
Chapter 30 - Matter of Perspective
Chapter 31 - First is Being Weird
Chapter 32 - Truth
Chapter 33 - Handful
Chapter 34 - Past
Chapter 35 - Last Tower
Chapter 36 - Asking Help is a Bad Thing
Chapter 37 - Man of My Word
Chapter 38 - You Are Not Alone
Chapter 39 - Looking Forward
Chapter 40 - Invitations
Chapter 41 - Winter Ball
Chapter 42 - So The Party Is Going Great
Chapter 43 - Start of the Show
Chapter 44 - Far From Done
Chapter 45 - Everybody's Target
Chapter 46 - We Blew It
Chapter 47 - Chronicle
Chapter 48 - Too Many Mistakes
Chapter 49 - Cyfrin
Chapter 50 - Think of It
Chapter 51 - Help
Chapter 52 - One-Sided
Chapter 53 - Priority
Chapter 54 - Reconcile
Chapter 55 - Preparations and Negotiations
Chapter 56 - Inching Closer
Chapter 57 - Departure
Chapter 58 - Shattered Utopia
Chapter 59 - The Bell Tolls for Thee
Chapter 60 - Atalante and Cyfrin
Chapter 61 - The Mad King's Gone And Lost His Head
Chapter 62 - With A Sword in Hand
Chapter 63 - He Will Reclaim This Land
Chapter 64 - And Raise The Flag in His Own Name
Chapter 65 - Twilight
Chapter 66 - You Will Be Remembered
Chapter 67 - Now or Never
Chapter 68 - One Step Closer
Chapter 69 - Welcome Home
Chapter 70 - Relationship Status: Together
Epilogue
Extra #2: Gifts and Coronations

Chapter 27 - I Don't Need You Anymore

2K 152 90
Door DepravityCorner

"I told you, you'll see him."

Lust felt his hopes rise as he saw Horror among the Generals lined up to collect their remaining slaves. He saw the relief washed over the Sixth General as Lust raised his hand among the crowd to signal his survival. He grinned so wide until he looked at Ink who was frowning beside him. He debated to ask what's wrong so he decided to look for the cause instead.

Seventh was standing there, giving a blank look at everyone as he tilted his head to cure the stiffness. First was standing straightly, Lust noticed the few bandages especially the patch on the strongest general's cheek. Sixth wasn't focusing to others except for the assassin. Second was chatting to Dream although having no such luck and was currently prodding at the bandages which earned a rightful smack from his superior. Fifth was mumbling to himself while examining the crowd, currently looking at his line. Third stood with laziness in his posture, his scythe on his shoulder while he chugged down a drink. He gave one lazy look at Lust before nodding which Lust returned.

Lust frowned as he realized the source of the other's unhappiness.

It wasn't Error who was standing beside Reaper and Dust, it was the new Commander of Fourth's tower. Error was nowhere to be seen.

He looked directly at Ink to see his eye lights to see one of them changed to a question mark. Lust debated whether to console him or not but he owe Ink for keeping his promise so he chose the first option.

"Ink, he'll be fine. I'm certain Fourth General is well." He received a small nod instead of any answer or confirmation that the other was feeling better.

Lust heard the barks of the soldiers for them to move and go to their lines. Lust was swept away to his line and he watched Ink get left behind by the crowd. He gave a worried glance to Horror who was giving a questioning gaze. He went to the line not before he caught Dream staring at the artist.

---|---

"Return to your duties, no time must waste!" Ink was pushed off the crowd and personally guided by the commander with few more men.

"C-Commander? Is this necessary?" One of them doubted.

"I am certain. We don't want any repeat of what happened, do we?" The Commander gave Ink a look.

The slave pretended not to care although he knew the certain incident that embarrassed them. It can't be helped, he wasn't going to get caught by these people. He could fight them off anyways. He was dropped off infront Error's door.

He stood there for a long time. He couldn't believe he's back. He came back alive as he promised! He subconsciously looked at his pinky finger. He held the doorknob and twisted it.

Error... I'm back!

Ink's smile came to a halt as he saw the figure tucked on the bed. He didn't even bother as the bag he brought was left on the ground. He immediately grabbed a chair and held Error's hand. Despite his exhaustion, he forced himself to use his magic. The green mist danced as he tried the best he could, darting to every bandaged bones. Error was smiling at him even if he was beaten to a pulp.

"You're back..." The destroyer stated as he assisted Ink on getting himself sat up.

He hissed at the dull throbbing on his legs and Ink was once again on him.

"Where does it hurt?" Ink asked worriedly as he healed all current injuries he could find.

"I'm glad you're safe."

Ink nodded as he watched the many bandages and couldn't help himself but cringe. "Who did this to you? If it was normal training I'm sure they won't go overboard."

He looked directly at the destroyer for answers and only saw a sad smile directed on him that made him suck his breath. "Error..."

"You know, I was thinking if the orb was in the Royal Treasury." Ink blinked right at him. "Usually it was located in the lower parts of the castle for safety measures. Maybe lower than the dungeon. If you made a fool out of all the staffs here then I'm sure you can do it there too."

The Guardian of Creation's face scrunched up in confusion.

"Why are you saying these stuffs?"

Error didn't answer. He only continued to smile before reaching under the covers and pulled out the other half. Ink could see the glittering night sky  and wondered if that was what the AUs looked like from afar.

He was surprise when Error grabbed his hand and rested the orb there. The destroyer manually curled Ink's fingers on it. The strange behavior threw Ink off and so snatched his hand away while still holding the core of their Multiverse.

"What's wrong with you?"

"It's no use. We can't pull off a heist in an unknown place."

"What are you talking about?! What's going on?" He stood up from his seat and gave a glare.

Their trance was broken by a knock coming the door. Blue's muffled voice announced from the other side.

"Sir, First General is waiting for your slave."

A look of pure rage crossed over Ink's face as he looked at Error. He was sure he wasn't mistaken of what he heard just there. An incredulous looked was written on his face along with his anger.

"You gave me away?!"

"There's no other choice." Error answered in a defeated tone which Ink didn't took lightly.

"What the heck?! Error! You promised we're going home together!" Ink reminded him.

"Well, I'm happy here! With or without you!" Error screamed right at his face.

I don't need you anymore.

Ink was taken aback and he slowly eased his breathing. He assessed the words thrown at him like sharpened bones. He laughed lightly and staggered in his steps. The atmosphere darkening as he struggled to understand.

"Y-you're not... you're just saying that!" Ink wouldn't believe this. "I'm not useless..."

You need me, right? I can do anything you want-

Error just gave a sigh. "I can handle everything on my own."

Why do you always decide all by yourself?

"I DON'T NEED YOU ANYMORE EITHER! I'm going home without you!"

Why does it hurt so much?

Why does he feel like crying?

BECAUSE OF THIS- THESE STUPID EMOTIONS!

"This-" He took off the sash hastily and threw it right at the destroyer. "You can have it."

I don't want them if they'll cause sadness and pain.

The emotions lingered but they'll soon be gone. They will be because whatever's he's feeling right now wasn't real. Sooner, he won't fear nor regret anything he plans to do. He looked back tearfully at Error and only saw the other looking out the window. He pocketed the other half of the orb with bitterness.

I hate you, liar.

Ink opened the door and ignored Blue right infront of him.

"Ink? What's going on? Why aren't you-"

"Just shut up and bring me to Dream!" Ink snapped to the servant who felt the harshness.

He marched down the stairs, not caring with the disapproving looks thrown right at him. They'll be seeing the last of him anyway. He wiped the tears away, smearing them right on his cheeks so evidently. He arrived at the entrance to see Dream standing there with confusion.

He stood infront the General with a glare who wasn't looking at him but to Blue who apologized for not leashing him.

"Unfortunately, I do not have any leash with me. Fourth was rather irresponsible I must say." Dream said.

Dream met his gaze and Ink offered his wrists together which took Dream aback. "Restrain me or something, I don't care."

He shouldn't have talked out loud right that because it certainly emitted gasps and whispers around them. One of them even begged for forgiveness. One even pushed him to bow down but the artist stayed intact on his position.

Instead of rage, the First General only smirked as he turned around. "You truly are unique."

He started walking away and Ink didn't think twice to follow him. He hated seeing Error. He doesn't want to be in the same room or tower the destroyer's currently in.

Ink started to relax as they approached the castle in every steps. He doesn't want to attract attention with Nightmare's servants. Once the stoned path turned to tiled, shiny floors, Ink bowed down his head like every obedient slave would do. He could see Dream's feet stopped in place and turned slightly to look at him. There was a moment of silence before Dream started walking again. There were smell of foods being cooked and small noises but once they turned a corner, it turned silent.

Ink lifted his head once the only thing he could hear were their footsteps. The place have two twin stairs in each side that meet in the midde and under the shed of the meeting platform was a double door. Does it belong to Dream? The place looked dusty for him.

He heard the doorknob clicked open and one of the doors creaking. He followed inside and was quite surprise to see a clean room. It must be Dream's bedroom. There wasn't any windows inside. It was dark until Dream lit the candles and lantern. Ink shut the door behind him.

Dream took off the coat he was wearing and put it on the rack. The bed was almost in the color of black while the covers was a pale purple color with gold trim lines. The study table was packed with piles of paperworks. The stone cold ground had a carpet infront the bed. It was definitely colder since there was no fireplace.

Dream turned around and snapped his fingers to get the artist's attention. "Sit." He pointed by chain leash beside the door.

Ink wondered if it was poor choices to keep him here. He absolutely wasn't good at anything except beating the shit out of the others. As he took a seat, he searched for any visible torture device but found none.

He looked at Dream when he heard the other approached. Ink could feel his positive aura right then and there. Dream knelt down at his level, in his hand was a yellow collar with black stitches and black emblem that highlighted the half sun in white. This was quite disturbing to be honest. It was the same mechanics like the one he's currently wearing so he'd have problem finding a solution to take it off.

"You no longer belong to Fourth." Dream said as he pulled out a key which Error must have lend him and Ink glared at it like it was the Guardian of Destruction.

Ink didn't fight back. He let the collar slipped out his neck and another one replaced. It felt... weird. Like he felt that he didn't belong there. He looked at the black collar on the ground which Dream picked up and dropped inside the drawer of his study table. He soon chained Ink on the wall and stepped back to see the whole picture.

"I hope you do well, Ink. I am looking forward to it." First General greeted and left the room.

The artist was left to himself. He looked at his hands. He watched the flames from the candles dance. He watched the flames from the lantern flicker. Books and papers were scattered on the floor and table. So far, Ink couldn't find any implication that Nightmare and First were indeed brothers. Not only because he already know but a real implications.

He need to escape and return to his Multiverse. He needed to think of a plan. Something that he could do.

He could find the Royal Treasury by disguising then grab the orb and disappear right then and there.

How should he get out of here?

What if Dream came back while he was out?

What if one of the guards caught him?

Should he take off the collar or cover it? There's nothing to cover and nothing to destroy it though...

He should...

He should what?

What should he do?!

Ink lightly banged his skull on the stone wall in frustration. He can't figure out everything on his own. He can't make a concrete plan and how to execute it.

I wish Error's here...

Ink's eye sockets squinted at the subconscious wish.

Error...

Why does it still hurt even if he took away his vials? Why was there still a dull, throbbing?

Ink felt his cheeks damped and realized belatedly that it was his tears.

Was this a joke?

He shouldn't feel pain or sadness anymore!

Why was it still here?!

It will go away... it will be gone soon.

He'll forget liking Error soon enough.

It will be gone... soon enough.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

734 36 8
After helping horror leave the bad sanses, swap sans takes horror to an au where no one can bother them and where they both can live a peaceful life...
31.8K 767 42
to the new people that have come across this, it is very cringe apologies ig also to. the new people why do u read this it clearly says discontinued...
29.2K 1K 28
Cross has amnesia and can't remember anything but his old AU and Chara. (Not in story) When Nightmare found out Cross didn't remember anything, he wa...
59.6K 2.5K 21
Looking for a creepy place to play games, Nightmare brought his friends to an abandoned mansion, ignoring the rumors about it being haunted. It didn'...