Not the Same (Alex Morgan/Rea...

By Thompson1317

It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
IMPORATANT: Author's Note
New Book!
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's Note
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Author's Note: Test
Sneak Book of New Book
Chapter 53
New Book
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Sneak Peak of New Book
New Book
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Important Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 4

9.2K 188 22
By Thompson1317

Warnings: None
—————————————————————-

Recap:

I sigh as we take off thinking about everything that will happen in a few hours. I feel Kelley lean her head on my shoulder. I look down at her, "What happened to all your craziness Kell," I ask with a chuckle.

Kelley hums as she wraps her arms around my arms, "I haven't forgiven myself after what happened last year. I felt like it was my fault and I haven't always acted the same. I am also just tired," she says with a chuckle.

I laugh and lean my head on top of hers and close my eyes. Maybe going won't be so bad.

———
Present

Y/N POV:

After a six hour flight we finally land in Philadelphia. Kelley was asleep on my shoulder the entire flight while Becky and Christen watched some movies. I just sat there thinking about how the team is going to react when they see me.

I lightly flick Kelley on the head to wake her. She groans as she hits my hand away and Christen, Becky, and I laugh. We stand up to get off the plane. Once we are in the airport we go to the baggage claim and grab our things.

On the way to the baggage claim I call Tristan. "Hey, Y/N," he says, "How was the flight?"

"It was good," I say as I look at Becky, Christen, and Kelley, "I saw Kelley, Christen, and Becky today. We were on the same flight," I tell him.

"Wow," he says surprised, "How was it to see them?"

"It was ok, it was nice to see them again. I can tell that they are sorry for what happened and that they missed me," I tell Tristan.

"That's good, I'm proud of you with being able to handle this," he tells me.

I smile when he says that. "I gotta go Trist, we are at baggage claim. I'll call when I can."

"Alright, Y/N/N, stay safe"

"Will do, bye Tristan."

"Bye, Y/N/N," he says and we hang up.

We get all our bags and make our way out of the airport.

"Hey, Y/N," Christen says as we walk towards the car Jill sent for us.

"What's up Chris," I say.

"I thought you stopped playing the guitar," Christen says while pointing at my guitar and don't worry, it's in a case.

I shrug before answering, "I got back into playing after what happened. Besides soccer, music was my only escape from the world," I say as we get to the car.

All of us get into the car, Becky in the drivers seat, Kelley in the passenger, and Christen and I in the back. "Do you think you could maybe play for the team at some point? A lot of them haven't heard you play before," Christen tells me.

"I'll think about it," I answer her with a small smile.

On the way to the hotel Jill text Kelley telling her for us to park in the back of the hotel. She doesn't want anyone to see me because she knows how I feel about seeing everyone right away.

Once we get to the hotel Becky parks in the back. We get out of the car and I see Jill and Dawn standing by the back door. They walk over and Dawn pulls me into a hug. "I missed you, kid," she says as she pulls away, "It's nice to have you back," she says as she walks over to the car to help with some bags.

Jill then walks over and I pull her into a hug. Weirdly, Jill became some sort of mother figure after she learned what happened with my mom. "Thanks for calling Jill. I'm gonna be honest, it's been rough keeping up with money. Thank you for the opportunity," I say as I pull away.

"Of course," Jill says, "Maybe we'll have you on the field next year," she says as she walks back towards the hotel with Dawn in tow with some bags.

Becky, Christen, and Kelley quickly turn at what she says. I look at them as I walk over to get my guitar, "I don't know guys, just being here reminds me of too much, I don't know how playing again will help," I say as I grab my guitar and other bags.

We start to walk to the back door of the hotel, Dawn gave Becky, Christen, and Kelley our key cards for our rooms. I get my own room for two reasons, I am not a player and because I don't want to stay with anyone. When we get into the hotel Christen tells me that Dawn and Jill want me to go straight to my room and they'll call me down when they have the team meeting. Jill and Dawn want it to be a surprise that I'm here because they know the team will be excited.

I say goodbye to the three woman and make my way to my room. Once I'm in my room I place my guitar against the wall and put my clothes in the drawer. Once I'm done I change into a pair of USWNT pants and my Stanford sweatshirt and lay on the bed. I get my computer out and just work on some things like player profiles and go over if they had any previous injuries.

After going over some players I get to her, Alex Morgan. My eyes start to water as I run my finger over the picture of her. I quickly pull my hand away and close my computer. I sigh and put my head in my hands as I think about her. I pull my head out of my hands as tears stream down my face.

I decided that I needed to clear my mind, so I grabbed my guitar and decided to play a song. I decide to not sing feeling afraid that my emotions would take control.

Once I finish I have tears streaming down my face. I jump a little when I get a call from Kelley. "Hello," I say with my voice cracking slightly.

"Hey, Y/N/N. Are you ok, it sounds like you were crying," Kelley says worried.

I wipe my tears and clear my throat. "I'm fine, I'm fine," I say.

"Are you sure," Kelley asks.

"Yeah, yeah. Anyways, what's up," I ask as I put my guitar away.

"Jill wanted me to tell you that the team meeting is in 10 minutes. She wants you to be in the hallway by the conference door in 20. Dawn will be there and open the door for you so when she says everything about the team having a new doctor, you'll walk in," Kelley tells me.

I sigh as I walk into the bathroom and I look at myself in the mirrors, "Am I ready Kell? I don't know if I can do this. I haven't seen anyone in a year. I don't know how I'll feel when I see the girl that broke my heart," I tell her.

"I know Y/N/N, it's gonna be hard to adjust to seeing everyone again, but you already started well with Christen, Becky, and I. If Alex bothers you and if you don't want to be around her, just tell one of us. I messed up with you a year ago, Y/N/N, and I'm not going to do it again," Kelley says.

I lean against the sink, "Do you promise," I ask Kelley.

"I promise Y/N. I'm not going anywhere," she tells me.

"Ok, I'll see you in a bit," I tell her.

"See ya in a bit," Kelley says then I hang up.

I put my phone down and freshen up so I don't look like a mess when I see everyone. Once I'm done I look at my phone, I have 15 minutes to prepare my emotions before seeing everyone. I go sit on my bed and just listen to music.

Next thing I know I'm taking the elevator down to the first floor. As I'm going down I start to play with my bracelet, my nerves are starting to build up. Once the elevator opens I walk to the conference room and I see Dawn waiting there.

Dawn walks over to me and places her hands on my shoulders, "Relax, you will be ok," she tells me.

I nod and then I heard Jill announce that the team has a new doctor. Dawn opens the door and I walk in, I hear gasps as I stand by Jill.

"Everyone, here is your new team doctor, Y/N Y/L," Jill tells the team.

I look at the team a little scared on how they're going to react, but then my eyes widen as I see Mallory and Rose running towards me. I grunt as they both jump in my arms and I feel wetness on my sweatshirt.

I start to rub their backs, "I missed you girls," I tell them as they tighten their hold.

"We missed you too. We're so sorry," they tell me.

"I know," I say as they let go.

The next person walks over and lifts me up in the air and I laugh. "Hi, Ashlyn," I say.

"Hi, Speedy," Ashlyn says.

A lot of the girls gave me that nickname. Ashlyn twirls me around and I start to get dizzy, "Alright, Ash. Put the girl down, it looks like she's about to puke," someone says.

Ashlyn chuckles and puts me down and I look at the person who said it, Tobin Heath. "Hey, Tobin," I say as I walk over and give her a hug.

She holds me tightly. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. I will never forgive myself for what we did," Tobin whispers to me.

"I know, Tobs. It'll take time, but it'll be ok," I tell her.

After that I say hi to everyone else. Once that was done I look at the one person that hasn't approached me. My eyes connect with her blue ones, "Hi, Y/N," they say.

I don't move and my jaw tightens, "Hi, Alex."
————————————————————————
Hello! I made a plan, for right now I might update once or twice everyday, I feel like it's fitting for the beginning of the book. If I don't update something came up and I just couldn't update. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to vote, comment, and stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

648K 15.1K 96
11 years. It's been 11 years since Astrid's seen her twin in person, but when the USWNT has an injury crisis Astrid is called up. What will happen wi...
13 Hours By Alex

Fanfiction

89.1K 3.7K 60
13 Hours 13 Hours changed my life 13 Hours destroyed me 13 Hours erased a part of me Those 13 Hours will forever haunt me, my family, and my spouse
6.5K 159 17
"I didn't know what had happened to me, but ever since the night before, I hadn't been able to stop thinking about her. The thought of our hands touc...
412K 7.3K 52
Sage is 17 and her life has taken a turn for the worse ever since she lost her father. Her mother has become abusive and hasn't let Sage out of the h...