Back to You (An International...

By realhc5

Jenni and Alexia were inseparable. But after leaving Barcelona in 2017, they have not interacted. Alexia doe... More

Hiding It
City Of Love
Head to Head
My Everything
The End
A Job
Nothing Else Matters
Take It Easy
Give Her Time
Nothing Lasts
Your Words
Need Space
Never Doing It
Should Be Fun
Planned This
What Would You Say
I'm Sorry Jenni
Scared
For Good
Freedom
On The Floor
Hurt Your Feelings
When You're Ready
You're Ok
Always
More Than You Know
Biggest Supporter
What's Going On?
Dramatic
Scarred
At Some Point
Not Fair
Make The World Better
Wifed Up
No One's Godmother
Alive
Love Makes Us
Make You A Deal
Know Everything
Honored
Look Up To You
Always Count On
Weird
The Whole Club
Betting
Work Out
In Trouble
Make Decisions
More Stress
Let Us
Really Strong
The Family
Welcome to the World
Connected
Pray
Old and Fragile
Another Chance
All That Matters
Something Else
Got This
Our Family
Little Brother
Thinking About Them
It's Time
Messed Up
Wait For You
All My Fault
Come Back to Us
Strong
We're Great
It's Great
My Forever
Over The Years
Again
Now Look
Feel Alone
Meet Her
Three
Forever Yours

Blood or Not

1.6K 37 2
By realhc5

March 2029

"I'm so sorry! I need help! My son get my son!"

"What did you do?"

"I couldn't stop it!"

Jenni's POV:

I opened my eyes and looked around. 

It was just a dream.

"Are you ok?" I heard Alexia. I looked at her.

"Yeah." I yawned. "Are we home yet?"

"Almost. I was just about to wake you." She smiled. We got home and put Maxi in bed. 

I sat on our bed and stared at the wall. "Babe?" Alexia walked in. "Are you sure you're ok?" She sat next to me.

I sighed. "I had a dream in the car. We crashed. I've been having the dreams again sometimes." She put her hand on my neck.

The scars.

They aren't as noticeable now, but to me, they'll never go away

"Why didn't you tell me." She whispered. 

"Because I'm not the one dying this time." I said.

"I'm so sorry! I need help! My son get my son!"

"What did you do?"

"I couldn't stop it!"

"I get out of the car, I can't find you or Maxi." I stared at the wall. "The paramedics come. I tell them to find Maxi. To find my son. And they do. He's always fine. He's always ok. Not a mark on him."

"Alexia! Where's my wife? I need my wife!"

"It always ends the same way."

"I'm sorry. Your wife is gone. It's just you and him now."

"You aren't going to lose me, Jenni." She said. "You and Maxi are stuck with me. Understand?"

April 2029

Alexia's POV:

"Atletico Madrid advance to the final! They beat PSG."

I looked at Jenni. "Well look at that. A former club of yours knocked out another former club of yours?"

"How's our current club?" She smirked.

"Get out." I got up. She laughed.

"The only thing we have to worry about is the season. We have more days off. More days to spend together and with our son." 

I looked at her. "Do you ever think about having another baby?" 

"Sometimes." She said. "I'm not an only child. You aren't either. Why should our son be one?"

"So if I said I want to have another baby you'd be ok with it?"

"Ok with it?" She got up and walked toward me. "I'd be excited about it. I'd ask when."

"Not right now." I said. "But soon. Maybe when Maxi's a little bit bigger." 

"How much bigger?" She asked. "I swear he's already 18." I laughed. 

"I don't know. I think when the time's right we will." I smiled. "We'll know."

"We will." 

May 2029

Jenni's POV:

"Happy birthday!" We sat with Maxi. 

I smiled and looked at Alexia. "He's 2." 

"He is. Two great years with our little boy." She kissed his cheek. "They flew by."

"Get used to it." Mariana sighed. "I swear Gabriel just took his first steps. Now, look at him."

I laughed. "Big game this weekend. You Atleti girls ready?"

"Hell yeah!" Virginia yelled.

"Babe." Nahikari sighed. "There's children."

"Right." Vir nodded. "Sorry Patri."

"OK!" Patri looked at her. 

Alexia laughed. "Hey! Leave poor Patri alone. It's not her fault she hasn't aged. How old are you turning Patri?"

She sighed. "31."

"And she still looks 5!" Mapi cheered. "To our baby faced, baby goat."

"I should make t shirts!" Lola jumped up.

"You should sit down." Carmen grabbed her. She looked at the brace on her leg and sighed.

"We'll win it for you, Carmen." Virginia said. 

"Well, will you?" I said. "Atleti does tend to, you know. Choke."

"How's Barca doing in the Champions Lea- oh." Mariana said. "Right."

Alexia gave her the finger.

"There are children!" Virginia yelled and covered Patri's eyes. 

I laughed. "You can't talk shit about them babe." I grabbed her hand. "Not when they got further than we did."

"And not when Mari's in the room." Lola said. "Which reminds me. I granted you one free roast when you were in labor with Felicia. You never cashed in."

"I told you then and I'll tell you now." Mariana smirked. "I don't need your permission." 

"I'm her wife." Mapi looked at us. 

"You're an idiot." Alexia said. 

"Yep!" Mapi gave us a thumbs up.

July 2029

Alexia's POV:

"They're engaged." I looked at Mariana.

"How come we have to throw the party?" Mapi asked. 

"Because we love them." Mariana said.

"Do we though?" Mapi laughed. She noticed Mariana's glared and stopped. "I'll go get more cups." She left.

I laughed and looked at Mariana. "You got the face down."

"Well, spend enough time around you, how could I not perfect it." She smiled. "How's Maxi?"

"He's perfect." I smiled. "Jenni and I started talking about maybe having another baby. Not now though, but soon."

"That's great, Alexia." She looked at me. "I remember growing up. My brother would tell me that he always wanted a little brother. But when I was born and he first met me, he couldn't remember why he wanted a brother. He said that telling his friends "this is my sister, Mariana" made him proud." She smiled. "Having a sibling is the best. You have your sister, you know I'm right."

"We had our moments." I laughed. 

"Where you just want to kill them." She laughed. "But at the end of the day, that's your best  friend for life." She nodded. "Whenever you do decide to bring another baby into your lives, Maxi will be so happy. A new play partner, someone he'll always rely on." She looked down. "Mapi and I are having another baby." She said. "Due next month." She looked up at me and smiled. "We don't know if its a boy or a girl yet."

I walked over to her and hugged her. "You and Mapi have all the kids you want." I stepped back. "I love spoiling my nieces and nephews. Well, your kids more than Lola and Carmen's."

"Don't punish those cuties because Lola's their mother. They got those Menayo genes!"

"That will be ruined by that Gallardo parenting." She laughed. 

"If you never pulled me back after my brother died." She shook her head. "None of this would've happened. I probably would've shut down completely. Pushed everyone away, even Mapi. My parents couldn't have any more kids after me. Even having me was a risk. And meeting Mapi? That was the best day ever. But I didn't just meet the love of my life. I met the siblings I never thought I'd have. Blood or not. Siblings are the best part of life." 

I smiled and hugged her again. "And I'll always look out for you like I look out for Alba, Mariona, Virginia, Patri. Everyone. We're all one big family aren't we?"

"We are."

Mapi walked back in. "I got cups!" She smiled. "What's going on here?"

Mariana laughed. "Let's go, cups."

"No. It's bad enough you still call me neck tattoo." 

I watched them walk away. 

"Blood or not. Siblings are the best part of life." 

We don't have to be blood to be family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.6K 1.1K 27
Yazmin Corta is moving back to her youth club; Barcelona. She is rejoining the club after having played for Arsenal in the WSL. She is excited to be...
268K 21K 62
Confusion. Cliffhangers. Drama.
466K 20.4K 105
Alexia and Isabel had a past. A complicated past. When they are unexpectedly reunited after almost two years apart, that past comes back to the surf...
90.2K 3.3K 38
It's difficult to find the way everything fits into place once it's broken, even if a surgeon gives you a pretty significant first push. Alexia's rec...