Multiverse Switch

By DepravityCorner

"I'm not, I repeat, I'm NOT going to play around with you." "It's your fault why we're stuck like this." "I c... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Fourth General
Chapter 2 - Dance and Play Your Part
Chapter 3 - Many Things Happening
Chapter 4 - How Much Do You Know?
Chapter 5 - Apologies
Chapter 6 - Doubts
Chapter 7 - Happy
Chapter 8 - Sneaking
Chapter 9 - Lies
Chapter 10 - Seventh General
Chapter 11 - Cry in My Funeral, Will You?
Chapter 12 - Who is He?
Chapter 13 - Winter Festival
Chapter 14 - Abducted
Chapter 15 - First General is Who?
Chapter 16 - The King and His Servants
Chapter 17 - Traitors
Chapter 18 - Like You're Any Better
Chapter 19 - Promises
Chapter 20 - Slaves in the Army
Chapter 21 - Strange Things
Chapter 22 - First Day is a Day to Screw Up
Chapter 23 - Kill Me
Chapter 24 - Pent Up Emotions
Chapter 25 - Orders
Chapter 27 - I Don't Need You Anymore
Chapter 28 - Too Quiet
Chapter 29 - Harmless Blackmails
Chapter 30 - Matter of Perspective
Chapter 31 - First is Being Weird
Chapter 32 - Truth
Chapter 33 - Handful
Chapter 34 - Past
Chapter 35 - Last Tower
Chapter 36 - Asking Help is a Bad Thing
Chapter 37 - Man of My Word
Chapter 38 - You Are Not Alone
Chapter 39 - Looking Forward
Chapter 40 - Invitations
Chapter 41 - Winter Ball
Chapter 42 - So The Party Is Going Great
Chapter 43 - Start of the Show
Chapter 44 - Far From Done
Chapter 45 - Everybody's Target
Chapter 46 - We Blew It
Chapter 47 - Chronicle
Chapter 48 - Too Many Mistakes
Chapter 49 - Cyfrin
Chapter 50 - Think of It
Chapter 51 - Help
Chapter 52 - One-Sided
Chapter 53 - Priority
Chapter 54 - Reconcile
Chapter 55 - Preparations and Negotiations
Chapter 56 - Inching Closer
Chapter 57 - Departure
Chapter 58 - Shattered Utopia
Chapter 59 - The Bell Tolls for Thee
Chapter 60 - Atalante and Cyfrin
Chapter 61 - The Mad King's Gone And Lost His Head
Chapter 62 - With A Sword in Hand
Chapter 63 - He Will Reclaim This Land
Chapter 64 - And Raise The Flag in His Own Name
Chapter 65 - Twilight
Chapter 66 - You Will Be Remembered
Chapter 67 - Now or Never
Chapter 68 - One Step Closer
Chapter 69 - Welcome Home
Chapter 70 - Relationship Status: Together
Epilogue
Extra #2: Gifts and Coronations

Chapter 26 - Saving Lives

2.3K 149 59
By DepravityCorner

"You... need my help?"

A nod came from the positive skeleton as he stared at Sci. Blue was behind him, completely caught up with the various machines.

"There is something wrong with the Multiverse. We found Ink and Error in the Doodle Sphere but... they escaped and now we can't find them." Dream answered.

"Escaped...?" Sci asked in a questioning gaze as if they told him the Multiverse still exist without the Prime Universe.

"Yes. Escaped like some wanted criminals with delusions." Dream said as exactly as the one Dust described them as.

"How long has this been going?" Sci asked as he took a seat.

"Days more like... three." Dream recalled.

Sci craned his neck to look behind him more and was mildly shock, body going stiff before answering. "I... I'm surprise you were able to drag your brother in this."

Dream looked at Nightmare and gave a grin. "He lost a duel. I think it's only fair."

"You don't have to hurt each other, Dream." Sci said with a little hesitation if he was going overboard.

"Of course not. Nightmare only lost in Rock-Paper-Scissors."

"Shut up, Dream."

"He's pretty sour about it though."

Sci gave an apologetic gaze for jumping into conclusions. "S-sorry..."

"Don't mind! Back to the topic, can you help us?" Dream asked.

Sci blinked before pushing the swivel chair to one of the computers. He began typing through the keyboard. Dream and Blue stood either side of him while Nightmare's Gang, stood behind him.

"Th-their... their magic signature. Signatures are very specific. It can't be copied easily. I'm sure you will be able to track them down." Sci said as he went through various typing before one came up. "I-I don't have Error's signature since he never came here or won't cooperate so... I only have Ink's. Wi-will it be okay?"

Dream smiled. "It's fine. I'm sure those two won't get separated."

"I... I hope you will resolve the problem."

---...---

Days had passed since their training and Ink can't believe that right now, he was standing in front lines of their troop. He was actually thankful that in the line of slaves here, he was at the very back and just behind him were the real soldiers. It would be easier to attack but he's not taking any lives.

The sky wasn't gray like in movies but it was rather filled with clouds and the snow slightly burying their feet. Unlike him, Lust was put on the very front. Ink would be saving and healing the slaves. Only the slaves because they would certainly shut their mouth unlike the soldiers. It took them a long time.

They weren't the first one in the battle field. There were already a number of depleting men infront the larger group of unnamed army. Second and Seventh's trained army were reinforcements.

Before they left the Barracks, half of the soldiers were gathered by Martial and Ink could read that Seventh explained what to do in the battlefield. Killer talked to the other half of the army. Truly... the slaves were just decoys. They may or may not help lessened the number of enemies.

Once they charged, the captain of the other army, stopped as they noticed the collars around their necks. The skeleton had black lines running on his skull, a blue cape with black fluff on the hood. Silver chest plate and black pants with silver knee pads with steel toed boots. Blue eye lights hardened at the sight of them. Ink could recognize that face, that was Ganz. He was baring his teeth in a snarl and was clearly debating whether to retreat or not. Ganz's army was completely winning but he was hesitating whether to continue and kill the slaves or back away for now.

Ink wished that it was the former to avoid bloodshed but that was easier to think than for it to actually happen in this situation. The lane full of slaves were scattered, attacking whoever they want. They weren't given directions and they clearly can't handle a trained soldier. They were just decoys. The scatter caused Ink to pick out ones closest to him and save them if they got defeated.

There was a blood-curdling scream.

Ink looked at the right and started running with his spear. Just before the slave was eliminated, Ink blocked the weapon. Ink forced himself to threw the other off to the ground. He immediately grabbed the cat's hand and ran off somewhere safe. He kept her seated and remained holding her hand.

"Are you hurt?" She shook her head.

He let her go and told her to stay until she's better. He ran off again to the battlefield. He grabbed the shield dropped by Ganz' soldier. He found three slaves huddled in fright, they were bleeding. He ran right between them and the six soldiers. He swung the base of the spear at the three and swept the other set by their feet.

"Hold your hands!" The artist screamed through the clacks and clangs of the weapons.

While running, he healed most of their wounds just to stop the bleeding. He tried to find Lust in the sea of blood and bodies and he stood out with that murderous eye lights and skillful moves.

Stupid...

He can't count on him to protect them but they desperately need to stay still or at least protect themselves. He shouldn't give it but... it's not like anyone can touch him. He handed over the shield he just snagged from the field.

"Protect yourself with this. Keep yourselves alive."

Soon, he was out there again, fighting for other's lives. Despite his speed, skills and such, he couldn't save everyone. He could only give apologetic stares for every body he failed to save.

He was starting to tire out. They were winning anyways. Ganz had to retreat. They won't win it like this. Not when his men were already worn out from the previous fight. Now that he mentioned it... where was he?

Lust

Martial

The slaves

There!

He found them. He found Ganz in a battle with Killer. Second was only blocking the attacks and something tells Ink that it wasn't what Killer can only do. He never seen them in battle but... Ink was getting a bad feeling. Killer won't be Second for nothing.

His suspicion was answered when Ganz made a sace between them and Killer started the attack. First was avoidable, second quick and the third was powerful that it actually hit Ganz on his arm. Ink was thrown off his spectacle when he felt something pierced his shoulder.

"Agh!" He grunted in pain as he found the embedded arrow on his shoulder.

He looked behind him just in time to avoid another one coming straight at him. How foolish was he to let his guard down! He ripped the arrow out and threw it far away. He was about to run and knock the bow user when a loud announcement boomed.

"RETREAT!!!"

Ink knew that Ganz didn't stand a chance that's why he called for a fall back. The worst case was the soldiers lined up and was aiming to fire arrows to slow them down. Ink would be okay but them... the slaves will blindly run.

Should he use it... just in the first wave. Let the nature explain itself instead of himself. He saw some of them were running away and so he did. He hid by the middle of huddled close slaves and waited for them to shoot.

He called upon his magic.

The power danced through his fingertips.

They jostled him left and right but he kept his focus on the line of archers.

Now!

He alerted himself as the arrows flew and created whistles of wind. He gathered it and let it out in waves. It spreaded out like ripples of water but he was sure no one would pinpoint him in a crowd of useless monsters. It was a faint rainbow colored barrier that immediately stopped the oncoming arrows. It bounced back by the archers' feet like it came from Second and Seventh's men. There was a silence of shock for a moment.

Ink observed their enemy to see Ganz' shock, unbelieving gaze. His eye light shrank as he processed that there was a magic user. The artist could see him darted on the two Generals who were both frozen in shock too. The Guardian of Creation watched them leave as quick as possible. Killer still pushed forward to ran after him. Ink swam out of the crowd and looked for Lust to see if he was going to suspect him again but he couldn't stop himself from running as fast as he could.

"STOP!"

Still gripping the spear, he ran as fast as he could. Martial broke out of his amazement and tilted his head at Ink coming to his way. He was too late to turn around until he saw the silhouette behind him. He turned around to see Ink already infront of him, blocking Lust.

How did he appeared here so fast?

Martial wondered as he saw how Ink threw Lust off and a small fight broke out between them.

"Get out of my way, Ink!" Lust hissed as he blocked the spear from colliding with his neck.

"You can't kill him."

"That is my mission! You cannot intervene-" Lust halted as Ink moved from his left to the right in a blink of an eye.

He-he... He's quite fast-!

Lust failed to blocked the punch straight on his chin. It flew him off his feet and a couple distance away. Before he could stand up, a firm hand grabbed his wrist together and handcuffs were put on them. His spinning vision landed on Ink, who was giving him an apologetic look. He looked at the female monster. He remembered her as the cat who was with Martial.

Why did he do this. He tricked me, isn't it?!

Lust can't forgive Ink. He can't believe the suppose slave set him up and arrested him and was caught red-handed of what he was about to do to the Seventh General. If Ink hadn't intervened he could have killed him!

Ink watched Lust struggle fruitlessly on his bonds. The assassin was forced to bow down on his knees infront of Martial. The boy was smart enough to make himself out of reach. Seventh was giving a malicious glare at the purple eyed skeleton.

"I see that he attempted to murder you, Sir. What ever shall we do?" Katalina asked her superior.

Martial threw away the katana and grabbed the rifle slung on his back. Ink gulped at the closeness. He got Lust in this situation.

Damn it! He said he'd only protect the slaves!

He took careful steps back, trying to insert himself in the crowd but Katalina caught him and raised her own bow and arrow.

"Do not move." Ink raised his hands in mock surrender at the threat.

Martial looked at him and his scowl turned to a smile. He let go of the rifle, letting it hang around his neck.

'You saved me.'

"You saved Seventh General." Katalina said out loud.

She didn't need to know Ink could understand. Ink only nodded and acted as fearful as he could.

'I return my gratitude equally to those who assist me. Tell me what it is you desire.'

"Seventh General is quite thankful for saving him. He return his gratitude equally, what is it you want the most?" Katalina said and Ink could tell that she was also grateful for him.

Ink stayed silent as he wondered what he should say. He looked at Lust who immediately looked away with gritted teeth. He won't be in this situation if it wasn't for him.

In truth, Lust was shaking in fear. He can't believe everything will end like this. Joining and training as assassin meant that he would give up his own life without a second thought but now that he was in this situation, away from Horror, he almost wished he hadn't attacked Martial.

Can't I see Horror just for one final time?

Lust wished and stars, he wished this wasn't his end... but no one can save him anymore.

He promised Horror he would come back... guess Horror had to mourn without dusts or any belongings from him then.

It hurts to say goodbye.

---|---

"I want Lust to be freed, he did not meant to harm. He become unstable sometimes." Ink could see that smile on the boy's face waned slightly.

Play it off as mental issue.

"W-we cannot accept that! This slave attempted an assassination."

I have to get him off this mess.

Ink sank to his knees and clasped his hands together and asked loudly once again. "I beg of you! Release Lust from execution. He did not meant to assault you."

Killer and his army were still absent from the scene but the slaves were looking. Ink looked at Martial who was frowning.

If Ink had a soul, it would be pounding in the same nervousness he was feeling right now. He prayed from some Creators out there to spare the assassin.

"We cannot-" Katalina stopped as Martial's hand raised in a stop motion.

The boy looked straight at Ink's changing eye lights and smiled. 'Consider your wish done.'

Martial fired at the links of the shackles, immediately freeing Lust who only sat there with confusion. Katalina was shock at this actions as she placed herself infront of Lust and Seventh.

"Bu-but Sir... he could have eliminated you. We-"

'I am fine, Katalina. He told his wish and I am here to grant it as I said.'

"The King will know about this." She reasoned with worry for her superior.

'What he does not know won't hurt him.' Martial shrugged the comment off. 'I am a man of my word. I do as I say without hesitation.'

Somehow, his actions before they got into the Barracks finally made sense. Nightmare must have ordered to kill anyone who tried to escape. Still... why was he here?

Ink watched Martial walked away and gathered the remaining people just as Killer came back telling them that Ganz escaped. Katalina still hadn't move from her spot.

"M-Ma'am..." Ink called out and Katalina looked at her with anger.

"I hope you are aware of the consequences." She left him and the assassin.

Ink held out a hand for Lust to take who looked at him incredously. "Why did you save me?"

"I told you before, haven't I? I will show you Horror is alive." Lust was surprise before he took the other's hand and let himself be pulled up.

"Let's see Error and Horror together."

---|---

I know I've been updating this story daily but since we're about to go home, the updates will start to be random. I'm only using my uncle's Wi-Fi while staying in his house so if we return home, the updates will be random.

Thank you for reading the chapter! May you be smiled upon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.3K 3.8K 41
Starts with Nightmare being a starter king and founding his teammates; Dust, Error, Horror, Killer and Cross. Nightmare promised them a better life t...
221K 7.1K 22
Dear, Nightmare, Cross, Error, Dust, Horror, Killer, Lust, Reaper, Geno, Ink, Dream, Blue Hey guys, It's me...Sci, So uh, I've just discovered someth...
29.1K 1K 28
Cross has amnesia and can't remember anything but his old AU and Chara. (Not in story) When Nightmare found out Cross didn't remember anything, he wa...
5.2K 210 24
(Cover is my Bobo drawing of the story I guess) when ink and nightmare came out to their groups, everyone was supportive... well besides some.... Esp...