One Of A Kind (Klaus Mikaelso...

By Paige_bar15

What will happen when Klaus Mikaelson meets Grace May Lockwood, the older sister of Tyler. She's the light i... More

It's Out!!!
Cast
Grace Lockwood
Chapter 1-Masquerade
Chapter 2-Rose and Elijah
Chapter 3-Journals
Chapter 4-Elijah's Alive?!
Chapter 5- The sacrifice
Chapter 6-By The Light Of The Moon
Chapter 7- The Bite
Chapter 8- The Dinner Party
Chapter 9- Girls Night
Chapter 10- The Last Dance
Chapter 11- The Last Day
Chapter 12-As I Lay Dying
Chapter 13- We're Keeping The Dog
Chapter 14- On The Way To Ray
Chapter 15-Getting answers
Chapter 17-Chicago
Chapter 18- Shopping Trip
Chapter 19- Secrets Are Out
Chapter 20- Birthdays
Chapter 21- Prank Night
Chater 22-The Dead Walking
Chapter 23- Homecoming
Chapter 24- The New Deal
Chapter 25- An Alter Ego?
Chapter 26- The Funeral.
Chapter 27- The Dinner Party
Chapter 28- Mikaelson ball
Chapter 29- Markings, Death, Betrayal, and Kidnappings?
Chapter 30- Unlikely Alliances
Chapter 31- Heat
Chapter 32- The Murder of One
Chapter 33- The Mind of a Killer
Chapter 34- The Roaring 20s
Chapter 35- Alaric 2.0
Chapter 36-The Departed
Chapter 37-All I Need
Chapter 38- Letting go
Chapter 39-Familiar
Chapter 40- The Five
Chapter 41- Tainted Love
Chapter 42-We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes
Chapter 43- Territorial
Chapter 44-Miss Mystic
Chapter 45-We'll Always Have Bourbon Street
Chapter 46-The Darkness Within
Chapter 47- The Truth Is Out
Chapter 48- The Past Comes Back
Chapter 49- Ancestors
Chapter 50-Mora Miserium.
Chapter 51- Girl Time
Chapter 52- Bad Planning
Chapter 53-Catch Me If You Can
Chapter 54- Kol's Death
Chapter 55-Birthmarks
Chapter 56- Down the Rabbit Hole
Chapter 57- Stand By Me
Chapter 58-Long-Lost What?!
Chapter 59-Silas in Mystic Falls
Chapter 60- Because the Night
Chapter 61-Hello, Silas.
Chapter 62- American Gothic
Chapter 63-The Other Side
Chapter 64-An Old Friend
Chapter 65-Out Running
Chapter 66- Inner demons
Chapter 67- Perfect Picture Strangers
Chapter 68-A New Hope
Book Two

Chapter 16- Hybrids

14.9K 333 162
By Paige_bar15

We were located in the mountains walking towards the pack Ray informed us on. Klaus made me leave Hunter with a human he compelled because he said 'We are not bringing the dammed dog with us.' After arguing for around 10 straight minutes before I relented after he bargained after we stop and get food. I had on a simple outfit that was comfortable. I wore a pair of shorts, a simple shirt, and some sneakers considering that we were hiking. I also brought a small bag that contained my 'spellbook' I was thinking of practicing more of my magic here. Strengthing my other power source rather than using my ancestor's power. I also want to find a snake and keep it as a pet.

I was walking beside Klaus as Stefan was carrying Ray. I believe we were in the Smoky Mountains, Tennessee. 

"Just saying if I find a snake, can I keep it?" I ask looking at Klaus with puppy dog eyes.

"If you happen to find one we'll discuss it later." He says. He then turns towards Stefan."You ok? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asked mockingly. 

"I'm fine." He replies gruffly as we continue walking.

"Are you sure about that? You know we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..." He continues to tease.

"You know, I get that we're, uh-stuck together, Klaus, but maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great," Stefan says. 

"Even me Stef?" I ask him while pouting. He turns toward me a little and smiles but says nothing. That gives me the answer I needed. It's not me it's just Klaus he's not fond of being here.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing os suffocating you, my friend." Klaus says while he puts an arm over my shoulder pulling me close to him.

"Maybe it's cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all Summer. Plus, you also kidnapped Grace with no reason, she could've stayed." Stefan informs him.

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. As for Grace, she's here because I want her here." He pulls me closer nuzzling his head into my neck before pulling it back. We slowly come to a stop in front of a pack looking as though they are getting ready. Most likely preparing for the full moon." There."

Stefan entered the camp first. Everyone stopped and turned to look at the stranger entering. He walked further in and dumped Ray's body on the floor. A woman rushed over to Ray immediately bending down to check on him.

"Ray! Oh, my god." The girl shouted. "What's going on? Who are you?" She looks up at Stefan. Klaus pulls me closer to enter the camp with him. Soon enough we're standing next to Stefan and Klaus's grip on me tightens slightly hiding me with his body. He's really overprotective. 

"The important question is who am I." Klaus directs the attention to him and soon it's shifted to curious glances to me. "Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus. They slowly get up and stare silently at him before someone decides to speak up.

"You're the hybrid." The same girl states she then looks to me and recognition spread through her face, figuring out who I am. 

"You've heard of me. Fantastic." Klaus replies with a smirk then he sees them looking at me he pushes me further behind him. 

***

I sat on the logs with Stefan and Klaus. I leaned my head against him Stefan and he put his arm around me. We always did this, not as much me and Damon did but we're like siblings. I looked over and saw Klaus glare at him but simply rolled my eyes at his jealously.  The whole pack looked at Klaus and a couple glanced at me. Fear was radiating off of them.

"It's fascinating actually...a werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." He states looking off towards Ray with a small scowl left on his face after seeing me and Stefan close. Ray suddenly gasps awake. The pack glance towards Ray who is on the ground.

"Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic." Klaus said while smirking. I lowly giggled at that comment. 

"What's happening." Ray gasps out panicked.

"Stefan," Klaus says excitedly. Stefan unwraps his arm from around my shoulder and I can see Klau relax as the loss of contact he has with me. Stefan smiles and gets up.

"Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to a vampire." Stefan states. " If he doesn't get it, he will die." 

"Doesn't take much, just a sample. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend along for the ride?" Klaus asked smiling.

"Why don't you use your little pet?" A man asked. I could tell he was human and most likely thought I was compelled or something so he was trying to save his own ass. I saw the girl glance towards him nervously. Yep, definitely a human, her boyfriend I presume. I saw Klaus' face contort in anger.

"Him," I say looking directly at the person who threatened me say. Klaus turns towards him pure rage painted on his face.

"You will do just fine." He growls out rushing over and biting into his forearm and passing him into Stefan. Stefan caught him and pushed him on the ground.

"No!" The girl protest with her wolf eyes glowing. She was going to rush towards him but Klaus quickly turns around and wraps his hand around her throat.

"If you don't drink, Ray, I will. The problem is I don't know when to stop." Stefan told him. I saw confliction rush through Ray's eyes so I decided to interfere I stand up from my spot on the log and crouch down near him.

"He's not lying Ray. He'll kill him if you don't drink so to prevent that I suggest you drink." I explain looking at him. He turns towards me and I see the same confliction in his eyes. The urge to consume blood getting stronger.  He then looks towards Stefan and he shows his vampire face to further the point. I then stand up and walk towards a tree leaning against it watching the scene play out.

"It's the new order. You join us, or you die." Klaus informs the girl. 

"I'd rather die than be a vampire." She snapped at him. 

"Wrong voice," Klaus said as he quickly bit into his wrist and shoved it into her mouth. Ray than drank from the boy. "She'll thank me for that later. Heh." Klaus then snaps his neck and she falls dead in a second. "Ok, who's next?" He asks as his hybrid face shows. I stare in awe at his face. He looked so hot. My breathing gets shallow as  I feel heat spread through my body. Klaus tasks a whiff of the air and his eyes soon land on me. He smirks and that almost makes my knees buckle. 

I shyly look down at my feet as a blush consumes my face.

***

Klaus finished shaping everyone's neck essentially putting them in transition. I stayed by the tree currently sitting on the ground writing and creating spells.

"There. Good as new. Now you relax, ok, mate? We're gonna need you when the rest of them wake up." Klaus said compelling the human and feeding him his blood healing him. Stefan is leaning against a tree as Ray is sitting on a log looking at everyone in the camp.

"They're dead. They're all dead." Ray says terrified. 

"Ah, he's through his transition. He should be feeling better soon." He states smiling.

"So is this your master plan? Build an army of hybrid slaves?" Stefan asks.

"No, not slaves. Soldiers, comrades." Klaus says proudly.

"For what war, might I ask?" I question looking up at him from my nearby chosen spot by the tree.

"Oh, you don't arm yourself after a war has been declared, love. You build your army so big that no one ever dares pick the fight." He responded looking me deeply in the eyes. I swallow a lip in my throat and finish writing an elemental spell I was working on. Phasmatos Motus incendiaries. A fire spell, well help fire spell. Confuso fatina, ignos et ignos mortifina. A spell that should allow me to control nearby sources of water-meaning water in people's bodies as well.

"What makes you so sure that they'll be loyal?" Stefan asked.

"Well, it's not difficult to be loyal when you're on the winning team. That's something you'll learn once you shake that horribly depressive chip off your shoulder." Klaus replied. 

"That's why you're uh- you're keeping me around? To witness my attitude adjustment?" Stefan asked amused.

"You'll know why I'm keeping you around when I've decided that I want you to know," Klaus replied annoyed. I looked up once again and close the cook placing it back in my bag. I look over and see Ray shaking with blood rolling down his cheeks coming from his eyes. What the hell? I walk over to Ray as Klaus has his back turned to Stefan and me, looking at the rest of the camp. Stefan glances at me the Ray.

"Somethings wrong," I mumbled loud enough for Klaus to hear me.

"That shouldn't be happening, should it?" Stefan asked sarcastically.

"Well, obviously." Klaus snapped approaching us as I crouch down in front of him. 

"You said it was gonna feel better. Why doesn't it feel better?" Ray asked fear clear in his voice looking to Klaus then me. I simply put my hand on his shoulder to try and calm him. 

"Some master race," Stefan commented scoffing.

"Lose the attitude." Klaus snapped sounding pissed and it didn't help that I was touching Ray. Then the woman woke up gasping for breath. "Derek, come feed your girlfriend," Klaus commands as Derek. He gets up to go feed her. I look back to Ray and slowly remove my hand as I see Ray convulse further. Then he growls out flashing his hybrid face and flashes off. "Go get him."

Stefan rushes off after him. He takes Ray to the ground and I see Ray bite roughly into Stefan's forearm. Stefan screams in pain and Ray uses that to escape running further into the woods. Stefan was about to go after him but faltered. He froze and it looked like he was listening to something. I use my hearing and catch a voice I've missed oh so much.

"You know I could help you, just one little fwoosh." I hear Damon say to someone. I tune out and look towards Stefan. He's looking down the hill we're located on.  BY this time Stefan came back towards us and I look at him calculating him.

"Where did he go?" Klaus questioned him. If he finds out about Damon he'll kill him.

"He-uh-he got away. Forget him. Let's go." Stefan explains trying to get him away from Damon. He tries to walk away but Klaus grabs his arm.

"A fatal werewolf bite. Ouch." Klaus said teasingly to Stefan. 

"Yeah. I'm gonna need your blood to heal me or for Grace to do the spell." Stefan says.

"Well, I tell you what. You find Ray, and then I'll heal you." Klaus informs him. I look at him a though he's crazy and go to walk towards Stefan. 

"Stefan, here," I say walking closer about to do the spell but Klaus grabs my wrist and pulls me towards his chest.

"Ahh, ahh, love." He tsks. " Can't have you healing him."

"Why not," I growl turning around in his grasp. My eyes shifting challenging him. He's my pack, all of my friends are so I have to protect them.

"Because I said so, love." Klaus challenges back, his eyes shifts.

"Just let me do the damn spell," I growl back. He growls as well and for a while, we just glare at each other not backing down waiting for who submits "Just let me do the spell."

"If you so much as mutter a damn spell, I will have Damon killed," Klaus growls out flashing his eyes again. We continue to stare at each other daring the other to submit. I can feel my eyes watering a little. My wolf wants our mate to be happy no matter what even if it means submitting, but unfortunately I'm not my wolf. I do not submit to Klaus Mikaelson.

"You can't be serious?" Stefan asks in an unbelievable tone and we both look away towards him. I look sympathetically towards him already knowing that I would have to comply to his terms.

"You better hurry, 'cause that bite looks nasty," Klaus replies pulling me along with him away from Stefan. As Stefan speeds away Klaus pulls me towards his body and leans down. "Looks like I'm the only Alpha here, love." 

"I didn't even submit to you. Stefan distracted both of us."I point out I get out of his grip and he chuckles following me.

"Well, you didn't try to do the spell." He counters. I growl lightly hating the fact that he's right. As I growl he just chuckles more.

"Just because I didn't do it doesn't mean I submit to you. I just have common sense." I growl. "Unlike some people," I mumble so lightly I know that he didn't hear me. And when I'm proven right due to him not commenting I inwardly smirk.

"You will." He says. We then stumble upon the rest of the wolves waking. He looks over them in amazement as I move back towards my tree. I see the girl and see her shaking similar to Ray, and I smell blood. This can't be good.

***

It was nighttime now. The fire was burning and the moon was rising.  The sounds of nature taking over my senses. The sound of crickets in the distance. The sound of the fire crackling. I finished a couple of new spells. Glace, solidatur. A spell that freezes flowing water. Ventus. A wind spell. And lastly, Phasmatos Tribum, Plantus Vivifey, Plantus Herbus. A spell taht revives nature. Pretty productive day.  Klaus is near the fire with Derek.

"Bad news, my friend. The end of the road for you." Klaus says someone biting into Derek's neck. I look around to the rest of the hybrids seeing them walking around like zombies. Then Derek's girlfriend walks up on front of him.

"Careful, there's only one Alpha here." Klaus starts. I then stand. I do not submit to him. My wolf does and it really pisses me off.

"And that's me," I state confidently. 

"Hmmm, I think you're mistaken, love. Your wolf seems to love to submit to me." He says teasingly.

"My wolf is not me. It may want to take over and make you happy but not me. I could beat you as a wolf. Remember when we were wolves I pined you underneath me?" I tell him rolling my eyes. "oh let's not forget that I've been turning into a wolf longer than you, in the wolf community you're just a little pup." I tease.

"A pup? I am anything but a measly, pup. I'm an alpha." He counters.

"And yet I could overpower you in a fight."

"I let you win that night." He states. I only scoff and then look and see everyone bleeding from the eyes as zombies. "Bloody hell."

*** 

"I have to kill them, stay behind me, love," Klaus tells me all playfulness gone changing to worry. I growl. Luckily I learned some new spells. A part of me knew I would feel horrible about killing them, but I pushed it down. They were suffering, I was helping them in a way. 

"Yeah, no. Immobilus." I mumble as a couple of the hybrids freeze in place."Phasmatos Incendia." I mumble setting them on fire and killing some of them quickly. Watching them burn was something I didn't take pleasure in. After all, they did have someone out there. They had someone who cared for them and now they're gone. I just condemned who knows how many people to face grief. I look to Klaus and smirk deciding to hide my thoughts. 

"Impressive." He says in awe. "I could do better." He then runs over to them and rip out their hearts and bitch-slap their heads off. Once he's done he's covered in blood and all of the hybrids lay their dead.  I cringe at watching that, hopefully, it didn't hurt. I know deep down there was a part of me. A dark part in my mind that wanted them to suffer more. THat wanted me to extend the suffering of the failed hybrids. A part of myself that slightly scared me for I didn't know if that part would stay dormant.

"I  still don't submit to anyone," I state as I turn and hear footsteps approaching. 

I look over in the tree line and see Stefan approaching. He stopped at the edge of the camp, tosses Ray's body down, and sees the pack spread out around it. Some burnt, some with holes in their chest and others without their head. Then he turns to me and see's me covered in blood.

"They went rabid. Grace ended up having to kill some of them. I killed the rest while others bled out.  In the end...they're all dead." Klaus states looking at them. He then throws the bottle he picked up, from where he got it- I have no idea. "I did everything I was told! I should be able to turn them. I broke the curse. I killed the werewolf. I killed the vampire. And I killed the doppelganger. " He screamed looking on the verge of a breakdown. I looked towards Stefan and he looked...weird. "You look like hell. He tells Stef.

"Last I checked I'm dying..." He gestures towards his wound. "And you don't want Grace or yourself to heal me." He looks at the body of Ray. "I had to take him out. I failed you. Do what you have to do." He said sounding defeated.  I then saw something move by his foot. Was that a stick.

"It should have worked." He stated looking at me. I lowly chant then spell and the venom leaves Stefan's system. I drop it on the door and watch his wound heal. I then move towards what I saw moving and saw a snake. Yes!

"Thank you, Grace," Stefan said in a low voice. I nod in reply looking at Klaus.

"Klaus! I found it! Can I keep it, can I keep it?" I ask holding up the snake. It wraps around my arm not tightly though. Stefan stifles a laugh not expecting that I would actually find one.

"No. You have the dog. You're not keeping the snake." He states sternly. 

"I'm gonna keep it" I state smiling at the snake whos wrapped itself around my arm.

"Grace no. It's either the snake or the dog, and I know you'll choose that wretched dog." He then looks towards Stefan. "We're leaving. It appears you're the only two comrades I have left." He said disappointed. I watched his whole demeanor change as Stefan walked out of sight. His shoulders slumped as he looked...vulnerable. I had to comfort my mate, even if I pushed this mate bond since the beginning, he was wiggling his way on and so far he's been winning. I also know that if we ever do return to Mystic that things won't be as easy as it is now. My friends probably won't understand and worst of all...they'll feel betrayed, and I'll lose them. I put the snake back down.

Stefan walks towards the car, I hear the door shut signaling that he's made it and is probably trying to sleep. Klaus stays there looking at the failures. I slowly walk up to him and give him a hug bringing his head into my neck. He returns wrapping his arms around my body. Our bodies firring together like two puzzle pieces. I feel a tear hit my neck. I pull back a little and cup his face. I give him a warm smile and rub my thumb across his cheekbone wiping his tear away. He looked defeated. 

"Hey, hey. We're going to figure this out, ok?" I coo to him as I look into his eyes. "I'll figure this out." He looks at me and smiles sadly. "Tell me more about the curse," I say softly.

"The original witch placed it on me when I unlocked my curse, she used the original doppelgangers blood to bind the curse. She didn't want me to be a hybrid. A monster." He states. I pull him back and rub his back.

"You are not a monster. If anything your mom is. She is also a big bitch to do that to you and your siblings." Then the gears start turning in my head. If she didn't want any more hybrids because she thought they were an abomination she wouldn't want them to exist. So if she was smart then she would probably use something that wouldn't exist for a while, something he'd have to kill. The doppelganger. Elena, it has something to do with her, but she's dead so it's only a theory. Plus, personally, I wouldn't want to put everyone else in danger so until the time comes I'll keep it to myself.

"What are you thinking in that head, little wolf?" He asks.

"Everything," I say. "Let's just head to the car," I say as I lean up to kiss Klaus on the lips. He smiles into it and I pull back knowing what he's about to do. "No," I say scoldingly. 

"What?" He asks innocently as he tilts his head.

"Oh don't play innocent Mr.Mikaelson," I say. He smirks and speeds me to the tree. My back hit the rough bark and he kisses me deeply. I smile knowing I can't be mad at him. When he pulls away he has a boyish grin plaster on his features. "Now that that's over we should really head back to Stefan."

"Who said I was over, little wolf. You've been awfully disobedient today. Challenging me, letting Stefan be near you like that, and touching Ray, the damn snake..." He trails off huskily. 

"Disobedient? First-Stefan and I have a purely platonic relationship. Second-I was helping Ray. Third- I was challenging you but my stupid wolf decided to submit to you. Lastly, now that you bring it up, can I have it?" I pouted.

"No. And the reason you submitted is because your wolf knows who it's Alpha is." He tells me as he moves my hair to the side exposing my neck I slightly angle it, to little to notice.

"If anything I'm the Alpha Klaus," I say back lowly pouting.

"Whatever you say, little wolf." He trails his hand down my neck to where my neck and shoulder meet. He then looks me in the eyes. "You're not keeping the snake, that damn dog already gets  enough your attention."

"I do say, I also say that you're jealous of a dog," I say grumpily. "Let's just go meet Stefan." I push him away and start walking away. He laughs and catches up to me in no time.

"I'm not jealous. I just don't want your attention to be divided. Or anyone touching what's mine." He wraps an arm around my waist pulling me close to him. 

"You suck, that's like, the definition of jealously," I mumble. He chuckles more as if he's disagreeing with my statement and pulls me closer if that possible. I then lean into him and let out a huge yawn. Once we make it to the car I yawn again.

"Go to sleep, little wolf," Klaus tells me softly. Once we get inside I curl up in the back seat and rest my head on the seat.

"Okay, don't forget to go get Hunter. I know you don't like him but please." I mumble out as I drift off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 527 20
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. Caroline grew up with the Mikaelsons, when they were human. Caroline and Rebekah a...
160K 6.3K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...
221K 6.7K 24
"She's the embodiment of chaos itself-a combination of all her siblings, the worst parts of them. She's more vengeful than Klaus, more conniving than...
246K 7.8K 39
After being saved by his brother only for him to give up himself to the hybrid, Damon couldn't help blaming himself for his brother's despair. Wha...