Shattered Angel |Vampire Knig...

By Exotic_Lion

Dahlia cannot help but be constantly put into danger. Due to an unknown accident, she wakes up to find that s... More

♥︎~Ƥrøɭøgʉε~♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮεɽ Øɳε~♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮεɽ Ʈωø~♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮεɽ Ʈhrεε~♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮεɽ Ƒøʉr~♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮεɽ Ƒɨⱴε~♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮεɽ Sɨᶍ~♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮεɽ Sεⱴεɳ~♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮεɽ ℰɨghϯ~♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮεɽ Ɲɨɳε~♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮεɽ ℰɭεⱴεɳ~♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮεr Ʈωεɭⱴε~♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮεr ƮhɨrϮεεɳ~♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮεr ƑøʉrϮεεɳ~︎♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮer ƑɨƒϮεεɳ~♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮer SɨxϮεεɳ~♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮer SεⱴεɳϮεεɳ~♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮer ℰɨghϯεεɳ~♥︎
♥︎~ChapϮer Ɲɨɳεϯεεɳ~♥︎

♥︎~ChapϮεɽ Ʈεɳ~♥︎

1K 36 7
By Exotic_Lion

The Unexpected

"At a party?" Dahlia asked.

Kaien nodded. "Yes, they should be due back in an hour."

Smiling, Dahlia bounced on the balls of her feet. "Do you mind if I meet them when they come back?"

"Not at all, feel free to do that, just remember to wear a coat, it's very cold outside."

Her eyes widened as she nodded, "Yes! Thank you!"

Smiling at her, he watched her giddily leave his office.

Dahlia peered outside the window of the Chairman's guest bedroom, hoping to see Yuuki and Zero. When she caught sight of silver hair, she immediately slipped on her slippers and hurriedly exited the building, passing a tall, odd man on her way.

"Zero!"

She called out. Zero snapped his head to the young female and stared wide-eyed as she came closer.

"Dahlia..."

"I wanted to meet you guys when you came back. The headmaster told me that you two went to a party held in one of the dorms  is Yuuki still over there enjoying herself? You should have stayed as well, you could have had more fun-"

She stumbled over her foot and fell onto Zero who caught her. Blushing, she stared up at him as he set her properly. "Ah, sorry and thank you." She softly smiled.

Dahlia then came to notice a troubled look that Zero had that soon vanished.

"You should be in bed already."

"I'm sorry, I really wanted to join you on your way back... Should I have not done that?"

"You-"

"Zero!" Yuuki suddenly called out from behind him. Peering over his arm, Dahlia smiled at Yuuki who came closer, noticing that she was slightly out of breath and looked as though she ran a lot.

"Are you okay?" She asked Yuuki.

"Y-Yeah... Wait- Zero! Why did you run off in such a hurry?! I was really worried, you know."

Zero glared at the short-haired female before sighing. Dahlia looked bemusedly at Zero, before reaching a hand to his pale cheek.

"Zero... Are you really okay?"

Yuuki's eyes widened. Did she perhaps know? The secret that Zero had hidden for so long and the one that had finally been told to me... That can't be true!  She hasn't been here long enough like I have! She-

Yuuki froze, frowning at the sudden rush of bitter thoughts. Where did they come from? This wasn't her, couldn't be. What was going on?! Dahlia is only worried about Zero like any other person would be.

"Yuuki?" Snapping her attention to the two teens, Yuuki flashed them a slight smile.

"Sorry, what was that?"

"Are you okay? You zoned out for a while..." Dahlia said, worried. Nodding quickly, she bounced on her heels.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just was thinking of how nice the party was."

"Come on, Dahlia..." Zero muttered. Looking back at him, Dahlia stammered and apology as Zero suddenly dragged her away.

Yuuki stared after them, ignoring the dark feeling that bit deep into her heart.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you alright Zero? We left Yuuki behind and-"

"Blood... I was so close to wanting to drink her blood..."

"Zero..." Dahlia reached out a hand and patted his head. She shuffled closer and stood on her tippy-toes, wrapping her arms around his shoulders.

At first, Zero was surprised, but eventually allowed himself to accept her attempt to help him. Silence consumed them, before a soft cock of a gun caught his attention.

His lilac-colored eyes looked up to meet a familiar man who pointed his anti-vampire rifle at the two, his aim specifically on the short female hugging Zero.

"I'm sorry Zero, it suddenly came and I got it all over your-" Zero's eyes widened when he saw the blood that covered the lower half of her face and saw her turn to look at the man behind her when she finally noticed his presence. Before he could even do anything, there was a gunshot that resonated in the air and the bullet had been already released from the barrel.

"Dahlia!"

It was to late. She had felt the pain that shot up through her shoulder and the burning it gave her. Tears welled up in her eyes as she stumbled with the force. Zero reached out a hand to help her, missing her body that fell onto the ground. Her cheeks turned red as she attempted to keep herself from crying out in pain.

"This is why I hate hunters." A new voice said from behind the shooter. Kaien crouched down to scoop Dahlia up in his arms, his now narrowed eyes stared at Yagari pointedly before looking over at Zero.

"Zero, I'll take her to the infirmary, she needs to be treated quickly, you though, I want you to keep Yuuki company, please."

Dumbfounded, Zero nodded as he stared at the heavily breathing girl in the older man's arms. "Go!" Kaien said, snapping Zero out of his shocked state and watching the silver-haired teen run off to go look for Yuuki.

Hurriedly, Kaien glared at Yagari who watched him carefully before quickly heading to the main building.

"I don't understand why you are taking her to the infirmary when she can heal herself just fine, the bullet shouldn't have done to much damage." The taller male said.

Kaien ignored him as he placed the unconscious female onto the bed in the nurse's office.

"She's different from most vampires, Yagari." He murmured. Staring him down, Yagari moved closer to examine the young teenage girl who was now being held down in order to extract the anti-vampire bullet.

"Why is that?"

"She was attacked by a Pureblood not to long ago, perhaps two months ago. Usually, you would expect someone to turn into a Level D at the moment they are bitten, but she..." Kaien stopped as he patched up the wound that was ever so slowly closing up. "She is yet not able to become a vampire yet. I hypothesize that either her body is trying so hard to reject the vampire DNA or that maybe, her human side is maybe slowing the process, leaving her to still be partly human. I've tried putting her on the tablet, to see if she is able to consume it without a problem or anything, but I noticed that every time she consumes it, her body rejects it, like Zero, but her body does it in the most horrible ways. And usually, a vampire should have some immunity to diseases or from getting sick, but Dahlia... She seems to always fall victim to something as small as a fever."

"Shouldn't the vampire part of her be able to get rid of the fever in less than two days?"

"You would believe so, but her fever actually makes her become bedridden. I believe it actually worsens her condition."

"If she is so sickly, then, explain how she was unable to contain her thirst and went after Zero."

Staring at the dark-haired hunter, Kaien frowned. "That shouldn't be possible, she isn't even a full vampire that can crave blood yet." He whispered to himself.

With a moist cloth, the Headmaster cleansed her face of the blood, finally able to find the answer to the solution.

"You said the blood came from Zero...?"

"Well of course, where else who so much blood come from?"

"Her nose... She had a nosebleed..."

"W-What?"

"The blood had came from her nose... It seems that she wasn't able to fully recover from her fever."

"..." Yagari couldn't speak, he was caught offguard, Kaien merely spared him a glance before diverting his attention to the vampire who made his entrance into the room.

"Kaname?"

"I-I heard the gunshot and could smell her blood. What happened?"

"Oh... Kaname, hello... Shouldn't you be in class?" The Headmaster nervously asked.

Kaname stared at the older (looking) man before stepping closer. "Is that Y-"

"It's Dahlia, though it's nothing to worry about, Kaname, it was just a small mishap."

His garnet colored eyes widened as he stared at the young female who was covered in a layer of sweat.

"Was it that damned Kiryuu? ...Did he do this to her?!" The sound of a window cracking filled the silence, clearly pointing to the fact that Kaname Kuran was angry.

"N-N-No Kaname, it wasn't Zero, Dahlia was accidentally-"

"I want Dahlia to be placed in the Night Class." Kaname finally interjected Kaien paused, processing what the Pureblood had just demanded of him.

"...What?"

"Put Dahlia into the Night Class where I will be able to keep her close to me and out of danger's way."

"K-Kaname, you know as well as I that she's not to much of a risk of losing herself to her bloodlust this early. She's a newly made vampire, and I have Zero watching over her in case if anything goes wrong."

"I can't allow that, he will as well be a benefactor of harm for her."

"Why do you so desperately want to switch her to the Night Class? It can't be that you're worried she will attack Yuuki? I can reassure you that the two of them are as close as sisters."

"She's the daughter of Juri and Haruka Kuran..."

Silence overwhelmed the room.

〜〜〜

Outside the infirmary room, Zero pressed himself against the wall, his eyes widening at the news. So that meant... She was Kuran's sister? But how? She was a soon to be Level E, and she came from an a family of vampire hunters who adopted her at a very young age. If I remember correctly, purebloods are always protective of their young ones, especially when they're babies, they wouldn't dare to just toss away an infant... would they?

"Kaname, that can't be... She was the adopted daughter of a vampire hunter family... I, myself even went over the legal documentation they had on her and there wasn't anything abnormal about her reported."

"You remember the incident that occurred, headmaster, don't you?"

"Well yes-"

"The last I saw of her was there, when the fire had began to bring the manor down and she had fallen victim to a part that had collapsed onto her. I had thought she had died on that day, so you can imagine how shocked I was to find her here, alive and well but with no memory of anything from then."

"I-I'll see what I can do about it." Kaien muttered.

〜〜

With a soft moan, she fluttered her eyes open, a dark velvet red color covering her vision. Brushing the heavy, yet warm, comforter away from her face, she quizzically stared all around the unknown room before meeting a pair of red-brown colored eyes.

"Hello Dahlia, on behalf of everyone in the Moon Dormitory, I want to welcome you to the Night Class." He said, smiling a dashing smile at her.

Dahlia stared at the male vampire confused.

...What?

〜〜

Thoughts? Do you guys think I'm maybe making it all to rushed? Or maybe work on the chapters more? One thing for sure, I'll work on the heroine's tendency to collapse at least once every chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.7K 2K 37
There is one character unknown to all in vampire knight. This character knows nothing of her past and is raised by Shizuka. She knows only one thing...
153K 4.3K 52
Resha Valentine, born as the strongest of them all, born to fall in love with Kaname Kuran since they're inseparable since they were young, people sa...
4.8K 141 7
(from manga)Cross Academy is attended by two groups of students: the Day Class and the Night Class. At twilight, when the students of the Day Class r...
732K 32.2K 101
Saki is a vampire. She's been one since she was 6. Born a hunter, turned into a vampire, she has a twisted fate. No-one trusts a hunter who is now a...