Sidekick (Bts x reader)

By FixitFelixxxxxxx

Being the sidekick of your own life and frankly, I don't care. It was incredibly pathetic during High school... More

Nearing
The
End
Of
My
Fourth
Year
I
Feel
Like
I've
Been
Lacking,
Crying
Too
Many
Tears.
Everyone
Seemed
To
Say
It
Was
So
Great.
But
Did
I
Miss
Out,
Was
It
A
Huge
Mistake?
I
Can't
Help
The
Fact
I
Like
To
Be
Alone.
It
Might
Sound
Kinda
Sad,
But
That's
Just
What
I
Seem
To
Know.
I
Tend
To
Handle
Things
Usually
By
Myself.
And
I
Can't
Ever
Seem
To
Try
And
Ask for help.

I'm

23K 420 310
By FixitFelixxxxxxx

High School. The word already curls my toes. The best or worst part of your life. Well, it wasn't all that bad...

I hear my alarm clock screaming in my ear. I get up and get ready for school. I peacefully eat breakfast and yell my goodbye to Mom and my brother, Felix, on my way out.

I walk to Jennie's  house, the house right next to mine ever since we were young. I knock on the door and she immediately answers.

"Good Morning (Y/N)" she says enthusiastically like every other morning with a gleaming smile. Without a doubt, she is one of the most beautiful people and I don't need to tell her that. Her many admirers tell her every day.

"Morning" I say with a tired smile.
"Let's go" she says as she walks out the door. We walk all the way to school like every morning. A bunch of people whistled at Jennie. One guy even approached us.

"Hey beautiful. Why don't we ditch the fattie?" He says. What can I say? My mother is a five star chief. She makes sure I'm well fed.
"Do you want to die" she says dangerously with an evil glare that killed the guy right there. We walked past him and continued our conversation on our way to school.

The closer we got to school, the more people greeted Jennie. I tried greeting them, to be nice, but they usually ignore me. Jennie was super popular. She was smart, athletic and fit. She hit the jackpot in life. I am very happy to be her best friend because she has the best personality.

We eventually make it to school and the crowded halls made way for Jennie, therefore for me as well. She opened her locker and love letters fell out.

"Wow, there's more than yesterday" I tease. She just rolls her eyes and dumps it all into the trash bin beside her.

"I can't believe this. It's embarrassing" she says. I lean against the locker beside her and pick up a letter that fell.

"Shouldn't you at least read it?" I ask while handing her the letter.
"No. They are all the same. Most of these people don't even know me" she says as she yanks it out my hand and throws it away.

"But what if someone really put their heart into that letter" I say.
"I don't care" she says as if it's final. She slams her locker closed and walks to mine. I follow behind her.

I see a bunch of people making goo-goo eyes at her. I keep up with her speed with my longer legs. I am taller than her and the biggest in the whole school, but I would consider myself the curviest.

We get to my locker and grab my things and we head to our class. More people greet Jennie and we sit down. Luckily, we sit right next to each other. A bunch of people approach our table to talk with Jennie.

They basically build a barrier between Jennie and me, and they continue their conversation like usual. This is my cue to plug in my earphones and block out the rude conversations surrounding us about me being Jennie's fat friend. I lay down on my desk and stare out the window, listening to my music.

I listen to all types of music, including the ones I want to do covers for. Jennie doesn't know that I have a successful YouTube channel where I sing covers. I wear a mask below my chin, sunglasses, a wig and sometimes I like to play with the colour of my skin around my lips, the only part exposed, like Snow White or shocking green or pitch black or ocean blue.

People like it and I enjoy doing it. People see pass the fat and to my actual self, sort of. I started my channel when I began High School.

The rest of the day carries on as usual. Most of my classes, I am with Jennie. The classes I am not with her, I am completely invisible beside the fact that people will still be jerks and make fun of my weight...again.

I try to befriend people but then they would use me to get to Jennie. I try to be friendly but would rather keep to myself. I would rather focus on my studies than my social life. My social life consists of only Jennie, but she has other friends too so I can't bother her too much.

I immerse myself in anything I can get my hands on. Besides studying, I love art, music, reading, basically anything I can keep myself busy with, without bothering other people. I am not part of any after school activities because of the amount of terrible people in the clubs.

I play sport with my brother when he comes home. I mostly play tennis with him, among with other things that he wants to play. So you see, I really don't need these toxic people to keep myself busy.

The day is finally over and I wait in front of the school gate for Jennie. I wait for her while I play on my phone until I get message from her.

"Go home without me. I got caught up in something" the text said.

Oh well... I guess I'll be walking alone today.

I make my way back home only to hear people whispering. The context being on how I look.

People are so rude nowadays.

I pickup my pace and make my way home. I enter my house and I already know I'm the only one home. Mom comes home late and Felix has soccer practice.

...I wonder what held Jennie up. I offered if I could help but she declined.

I make lunch and head to my room. I practice my next song I want to sing for my next YouTube video. After perfecting the song and changing a few notes, I add a bit of piano to add a little something to the song.

I decide it's good enough and start recording. I finish the song and upload to my channel. It immediately blows up.

I put my phone down and start with my homework. I was so immersed in my work that it wasn't till the knock on the door that I realized it was dark out.
"We're eating" Felix says.
"Hi to you too" I say sarcastically as I quickly finish up my sentence.

We both head to dinner and we all talk about our day. Mom and Felix doesn't know about my YouTube channel. Felix might make fun of it and Mom, frankly, doesn't care for technology. I prefer to keep it to myself.

"My classmate joined soccer today. He says he never played before but he is super good. I think we can get somewhere if we have him on our team" Felix says while eating.
"Oh really, what's his name?" Mom asks.
"Jungkook."

"Which one is that again?" Mom asks, pretending like she knows his classmates.
"The popular one. You know who I'm talking about, right (Y/N)?" Felix asks.
"Yeah. The girls can't shut up about him" I say annoyed.

"Anyway, can we play soccer after dinner,       (Y/N)? I can't let Jungkook beat me" Felix says with determination.
"Sure."

We finish dinner and head outside to play a bit of soccer. I get music playing and help him practice. I'm not the best but I enjoy my time with Felix.

"Stop it!" He suddenly whines out.
"Stop what?" I ask.
"You are so much better than me" he says, frustrated.

"That's not true" I say deadly serious. He just looks at me.
"One day, I will challenge you" he says with determination in his eyes. I just roll my eyes. He could easily beat me now.

After soccer, we got ready for bed.
"Do you have soccer tomorrow?" I ask Felix before I leave for my room.
"Yeah. Can I walk with you and Jennie tomorrow?" He asks not looking up from his phone.

"Sure." I suspect he has a crush on Jennie. I grow into a teasing smirk.

"It's not what you think" he says dead serious as he looks up from his phone.
"Yeah, yeah" I say, not believing him at all.

"Night loser" I say as I leave.
"Night idiot" he says.

Disclaimer:

I do not own BTS. I do not own most characters/names in this story. I do not own almost all the pictures and videos.

The story is mine. Please do not steal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

747K 26.6K 43
One girl Seven hybrids What could go wrong? Also thank you for the book cover! Credits to @taegularities- ©2019Randomgirl300
92K 2.9K 25
You hear a knock "Yoongi?" He pulls you closer "I need you" Yoongi x Reader Fanfiction Highest Ranking #1 readerxyoongi #1 readerxbts #1 btsfandom ...
145K 3.4K 20
"Who are you?" "Sweetheart I'm your husband" "What?" Jungkook x Reader Fanfiction *Apologizing in advance this story is so bad but read it if you'd...
184K 6K 19
You never knew that loving seven people would be so hard, but you also never thought that seven people would turn your life upside down. . . #1 in 방탄...