surge | loki laufeyson ¹

By PeterPansEyebrows

"Then you'll have no problem with me taking you as prisoner." "Well, I'm making a pros and cons list in my h... More

cast + introduction
graphic gallery
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy two
author's note
preview of flux
THE SEQUEL IS OFFICIALLY OUT

forty-eight

4.7K 213 237
By PeterPansEyebrows

_________________________________

ALEX WALKED OVER AS NONCHALANTLY AS SHE COULD, BUT SHE COULD HARDLY CONTAIN HER EXCITEMENT THAT she wasn't alone on Sakaar. When she reached him, her words were cut off by Loki nearly choking on his drink. He coughed, and she sent him a questioning glance. 

"Loki, God I'm so glad you are here," She sat down next to him. 

"And I am so glad that you're wearing that,"

"We don't have time for that right now. We need to figure out what the hell happened--and where's Thor? He must've made it to Asgard,"

"My love, relax. This is some kind of paradise, and we should enjoy it."

She couldn't believe her ears. "I'm sorry, but you want to sit back and enjoy being stuck on this planet?"

"I can imagine far worse planets to be stuck on."

"No, Loki, we've got to--"

Loki took her hands in his. "Darling, we can leave whenever we wish. Please, relax, and we can enjoy escaping from that witch who calls herself my sister."

"I mean, I did see a sign for a spa," Alex muttered. "Something about leaving Thor to deal with Hela doesn't sit well with me,"

"He can handle himself." Loki waved off. "Now, I want to enjoy some time with my woman after being separated. First thing, that outfit--"

"Loki," She giggled. "Save it." 

"I see you two lovebirds have met," A voice spoke. The Grandmaster. "I thought you'd hit it off. I'd be a great matchmaker, don't you think?"

His right-hand woman simply nodded. 

"Shall I show you two around?" He asked. 

Not wanting to seem suspicious, Loki and Alex both nodded. They stood up, and Alex noticed that Loki was wearing Asgardian clothes. Meaning, she was just being objectified for the Grandmaster's humor. Loki found amusement in her discomfort, reaching down for a cheeky grab before she swatted his hand away. 

"You're welcome to stay in the same room, just make sure you notify the check-in desk. I want everyone here on Sakaar to be as content as possible, knowing they're valued." He began. 

Alex quickly gathered that this man was a nut case. 

"Any species that has been abandoned is welcome on Sakaar, and they find a home here."

"Might I ask, what there is to do here?" Loki inquired, keeping up his act. 

"Oh, anything. Think of this as a five-star resort--you can play a sport, get a couples' massage," The Grandmaster winked. 

Alex and Loki exchanged a glance, but kept walking with the Grandmaster. Alex ignored the suspicious look from the Grandmaster's right-hand woman, keeping a mental note to look out for her. 

"There's unlimited alcohol here," He continued. "Help yourselves to anything. And, once we find a champion, we'll hold another contest. Highlight of the place, really."

"Contest?" Loki asked. 

"My Contest of Champions, yes. We have a prize champion to be reckoned with, and everyone gathers to watch him defeat anything that challenges him."

"This tour has been lovely, Grandmaster, but Loki and I would definitely like to go check out some of those sports," Alex spoke with a smile. 

"Of course, just out through the gardens."

Alex took Loki's hand, pulling him out of the building. 

"I have the weirdest feeling about this place," She confessed. 

"It's alright, love, it's just new. And different,"

"Well, might as well make the best of it. Change me,"

"No." Loki smirked. 

"Loki," She warned. 

"I quite like that outfit,"

"I'll freeze you."

"I'll continue to stare."

She huffed. He finally obliged, changing her into leather pants and a cropped white tank top. She rolled her eyes at his cheekiness, while he simply shrugged. Loki smiled down at her, looking at the necklace he had gifted her sitting prettily on her neck. It had taken him a great deal to obtain such a beauty, but he knew Alex deserved as much. 

"Alright, I only recognize one of these sports." Alex read as they approached a sign.

"Oh, is it sword throwing?"

"No, you psycho." She laughed. "Tennis."

"What on earth is that?"

"It'll be fun, come on."

Alex obtained some racquets for the two of them, and a couple of tennis balls. They walked together, laughing, on their way to the court. 

"You just hit the ball back to me." She spoke. 

She bounced the ball, feeding it to him. He missed completely, swinging and missing. He looked at her, confused, as the ball rolled away. She waved it off, and tried again. After a couple of tries, Loki got frustrated, and set the ball on fire. 

"Loki!" She laughed so hard her stomach hurt. 

"Sword throwing is much easier." He huffed. 

The rest of the afternoon was spent doing incredibly relaxing activities. After they ditched tennis, they opted for a couples' massage. Which, would have been relaxing, if Alex didn't have to scold Loki every five seconds for trying to sneak a peek at her. 

After their long day of pretending to be a rich country club couple, they had dinner. The Grandmaster toasted them at the small restaurant, keeping a close eye on them. The food, although bizarre, was actually better than anything Alex had ever tasted.

After dinner, they decided to order a bunch of alcohol to the room. They hadn't even been to their room yet, but Alex was giddy. It was exquisite--a giant king-sized bed in the middle of the room, with an insane view of the city behind it. The balcony was large, with seats on it to enjoy that view. 

"There's got to be some kind of catch to this place," Alex spoke, breathless. 

"It's not Asgard, but it is beautiful," He agreed. 

A knock sounded, most likely their room service. They had ordered a 'taste of Sakaar' sampler, which would provide them with little amounts of all their kinds of alcohol. 

"A toast?" Loki held up his small sample of liquor. 

"To what, baby?"

"A toast to you, the most amazing person I've ever met."

She blushed, holding her sample up as well. They maintained eye contact while they drank the small amount, before their faces turned up in disgust at the foul taste. 

This went on for about an hour. They tasted all the different kinds of liquor, wine, and beer that Sakaar had to offer. There was no way that amount of alcohol was a good idea, but it didn't matter. After they had downed every last drop, they were hammered

"Say, garage," She commanded. 

"Garage." Loki's thick accent made Alex giggle. 

"I always wanted to date a guy with an accent,"

"Well, here we are," He laughed. 

"Will our children have accents?" She asked with wide eyes. "Does it work like that?"

"I'd hope so. Your accent is quite boring," 

"Rude!" She playfully shoved his arm. 

"What is a garage?" He then asked. 

"It's for cars, you know? The automobiles?"

"I don't know. You'll have to teach me how to operate one," 

She looked at the floor, wondering if Loki would even ever return to Earth. "I will someday," 

They were drunk not only on liquor, but on each other's presence. They were simply able to be, without any pressure of a mission or outside influences. Alex had the brilliant idea of giving Loki a fashion show, as he could wave his hand and change her outfit in an instant. 

She began in the bathroom, bursting open the double doors and strutting in the room. Loki clapped, cheering for her as she struck a pose. He changed her into an elegant, sparkling green dress that complimented her dark complexion.

"Green is absolutely ravishing on you," He smirked. 

"You should see what's underneath," She drunkenly flirted. 

She had collapsed from exhausted giggles after Loki had placed her in a fur mink coat, topped with lavish jewelry. She sat on the floor with him, his hair messed up and her makeup smudged. He had just been wearing his leather pants, but had lost his shirt in his drunken daze. She looked at the diamonds on her fingers, and grew upset. 

"What's wrong, my love?" He scooted next to her. 

"I had nothing growing up," She spoke softly. "My parents didn't give me nice things, I just had what I needed. I don't like to be waited on. I don't need to be waited on, I-I'm fully capable of doing things myself."

"Alexandra," Loki tried. 

"I miss it." She finally admitted. 

"Miss what?"

"It. Them. I miss Earth. I don't belong in a castle, Loki. So far away, I--I belong with my the team, on Earth." She drunkenly began to spill everything she thought. 

Loki furrowed his eyebrows. 

"I don't belong on Earth, Alexandra."

"You could," She tried. "You could--"

"I can't, Alexandra."

"You're not even trying! You're saying you can't, but how would you even know?"

"Because," He stood up, his voice raising. "People like me don't belong on Earth."

She stood up as well. "What does that even mean?"

"I'm a monster, Alexandra." He growled. "I've terrorized enough."

"You've changed, you've--"

Loki shook his head. "You...you should go before I hurt you too."

"Loki, how many times are we going to do this dance?" She stepped toward him. "You're not going to hurt me,"

He looked down at her, his blue orbs peering into her eyes. "I don't want to," His voice was a whisper. 

"Then don't." 

Loki's hands were brought to the sides of her face, bringing it closer to his. His lips attacked hers, in hunger and in lust. She bit his bottom lip, which she knew drove him crazy. He backed her up to the nearest wall, pushing her against it softly. She gripped his hands, bringing them to take the coat off of her body. 

He pulled back, his right hand holding her neck, with his thumb over his bottom lip. He breathed heavily, his eyes raking over her face. 

"Kneel." 

She looked at him, wide eyes. Her lips slid into a smirk, which ignited his stomach.

"Yes, sir."

____________________________________________

𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢'𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚕 𝚕𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚡 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

(𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 '𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝' 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎 𝚍𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚔 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚞 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 ;) )

𝚝𝚑𝚡 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜!!! 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝙽𝙺 𝚄 𝙵𝙾𝚁 𝟺𝟶𝙺 𝙾𝙼𝙶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

497K 16.3K 31
Both have a past they don't like. She was tortured and he was neglected. But when the God of Mischief has to be held captive in her home she can't he...
10.4K 496 14
I took his hands in mine frantically, causing his eyes to meet mine. "Then hand over the Tesseract and come home, Loki. Please." "I can't." H...
10.5K 288 18
"A villain fights for what he doesn't have, but a hero fights for what he has left." *SPOILERS FOR THOR 2 and 3* Loki's imprisonment on Asgard has gi...
236 42 21
Second book in the 'My Avengers' collection So you protected New York from the Chitauri and the Tesseract. But you still don't know on which side yo...