wrapped books | lrh {rewriti...

Por doverin

Where a girl who obsesses over books and likes dark nail polish falls for a boy who ironically dislikes books... Más

blurb
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3

Epilogue

5.1K 230 139
Por doverin

LUKE'S POV

A fit of laughter erupted between my mother and Maia as they sat side by side on the living room couch.

The only thing was that, I wasn't part of it because of the reason that caused the laughter to burst out.

I stood, a good ten meters away from them, and crossed my arms in front of me. Putting on the biggest disapproving look on my face. Too bad it didn't phase them at all.

Maia looked up at me and tried to innocently smile up at me. But I shook my head in disapproval.

"Once when he was younger, I found his hands in a tub of margarine. He used to lick it off his fingers." Mom laughed, telling another embarrassing story about me.

Maia laughed too. Story after story, the laughter got quieter, and the stories weren't as funny as more of informal.

"I guess there isn't much to tell about Luke." Mom laughed to herself. "He was always a goody-two-shoes."

Maia giggled at that and nodded in agreement.

"I am not." I interjected and stomped my foot on the ground.

Mom and Maia stared at me in silence. Until Mom spoke up again.

"He also never grew out of his childish stage." She whispered to Maia, she giggled and nodded. Again.

I rolled my eyes at them and walked over to the couch.

I squeezed in between Maia and Mom, separating them and preventing them from exchanging more embarrassing traits about me.

I wrapped an arm around Maia and kissed her temple. I looked to Mom, she just smiled weakly at us.

Tonight is the first time Mom has properly met Maia.

I was basically asking her for the approval of our relationship with my eyes.

Mom wasn't easy. She had to grow comfortable with someone before she finally claims that she liked them.

I just hoped she liked Maia.

One of the worst things in life was to have your mother hate the girl you love.

Trust me, I've been there.

Mom's smile grew as she spoke, "I like you, Maia."

Maia leaned forward to have a better look at my mother. Her smile evident.

"The first time we met was improper." Mom noted, "And you're only one that hasn't complained about Luke's... problem." She added quietly.

And by problem, she meant my constant need to act childish and immature until I accidentally break something.

It happened just a week ago, I broke my guitar. Maia was annoyed because she never heard me play. But she was quick to forgive me when I promised her that I'd buy a new one just so I can play it for her.

-

After senior year was over.

She walked out through the mass of people, scrunching up the end of her gown in her hands as she ran into my arms.

I picked her up and spun us around in circles.

I was so fucking proud.

"You made it." I whispered in her ear as I set her back down on her feet, still not breaking from the embrace.

"We made it." She corrected me.

I chuckled lightly, looking over her shoulder. Watching everyone hold onto their loved ones as they cheer for their almost near freedom.

I graduated a week ago. Mom came right after the ceremony, but Maia was there the whole time. From the start to the end. When I shook nervously before I was supposed to go back where everyone else was and I was supposed to prepare, she calmed me down.

I could care less that Mom was late, because the only person I wanted to see that day was actually Maia.

"Where's your Dad?" I pulled away and scanned the area.

"He couldn't come. I told you." She said, a frown crept onto her lips because I forgot.

That frown hurt to look at.

"But Janet's talking to the school's physiologist. She pointed behind her with her thumb. "They were old friends." She shrugged.

My eyes trailed down to what she held in her hands. A high school diploma.

I took it and examined the words on it. It was addressed specifically to her.

My school gave us ones without names. And we didn't even get to throw our hats up in the air because they were rentals. Thats how bad it was.

"Maia Waters." I read out her name, biting back the smile that took over my lips.

I brought my gaze back to her, our eyes locked. I pulled her into another hug and kissed the side of her head.

So fucking proud.

"Here's comes Cal." I said as Calum walked towards us.

She pulled away slowly and ran into his arms just like she did to me before. He didn't pick her up, but instead swayed their bodies side to side.

"I still can't believe this." He chuckled and shook his head with his chin on her shoulder.

"Neither can I."

She turned around slowly and outstretched her arm, as if to tell me to join in the hug.

I didn't hesitate to walk over and drape an arm over her shoulders and one of hers wrapped around my waist.

"This is nice, but I have to rub this in my sister's face." Calum chuckled again and waved his diploma around.

As he broke away I called out to him, "I hope you don't mean literally." Earning a loud laugh from him as he walked away.

Cool dude.

Now that Maia had her other arm free, she wrapped it around me too, nuzzling her face into my chest.

"Did you see Connie?" I asked.

"Yeah, she left a couple of minutes ago with Jenna." She nodded.

"I love you." I whispered and kissed the top of her head.

"I know." Maia said.

It sucked because she always said that now. She doesn't reply with the same old I love you too. But I guess that she got tired of saying it.

Which was fine with me because I know I say it too much. It just scares me that she might forget that I'd always love her at some point.

"I love you too." She whispered back finally.

I was shocked that she actually said it, but couldn't hold back the smile on my face.

God, I was in deep.

We walked to my mom's car (no, she still wouldn't buy me a new one) and she looked at me confusingly when she saw what was sitting in the backseat.

"Luke, you actually bought one?" She looked up at me with hope.

I just smiled down at her and opened the passenger door for her to get in.

The drive wasn't silent. Maia was all bubbly about how high school ended. It made my stomach churn.

She sadly smiled as she spoke about how she would miss Calum and Connie.

Her eyes widened as she talked about collage.

We got accepted to different ones, but they were in the same town. We weren't leaving this tiny town. So much has happened here to leave it all at once.

There were only two colleges here, and they were both on opposite sides of town.

It was good, because we agreed to move out of our parents' houses and live in an apartment in the middle of town.

Maia was so cute as her mouth continued to form words, I wanted to seriously kiss her so hard. But part of me just wanted to hold her right now, because I didn't want her to stop talking.

I reached out and grabbed her hand that was on her lap. I glanced at her and gave her a smile as she still talked about how she would miss her dad and Janet. She didn't notice me holding her hand until we stopped in front of her house.

She grinned at me as we climbed out of the car.

The rest of the day was simple.

We went up in her room and sat on her bed.

I played her a few songs on my new guitar.

When I finished, I set it aside and crawled closer to her.

We began to make out until we both grew exhausted and collapsed on her bed.

"I love you." I played with the strands of her hair, as she rested her head on my chest.

"I love you too, Luke."

- 2 years later -

"Luke, you promised you'd help." Maia called from the other side of our apartment.

"I was talking about the dishes." I giggled and typed on my computer and jotted down a few notes into a book.

Fucking Calculus. I thought I was done with you. I hate college.

"Yeah, but if you really loved me you'd help me with my essay." She entered our bedroom and set her laptop on my desk, pulling a chair close to me to sit on.

"Maia, I don't even like English and now you're making me do this?" I sighed, dropping my pen on the book and leaning back in my chair. I was clearly not getting any work done.

"You speak the language." She laughed and nudged my shoulder with hers. "Besides, its just one paragraph."

She was mastering in English, something like that. She wrote a ton of essays and a ton of stories. She was trying to exceed her writing in Fiction.

She told me how she wished to write like the stories she used to read.

I leaned closer to her and looked at her laptop screen.

"That's about a thousand words. What the hell." I groaned and glared at her.

"Please, Luke. Just read it and tell me if its any good." She sighed and made that face.

That one face that she knew that would always get me.

She'd pout, like the kid she was, and somehow her eyes would glimmer with hope.

I folded my arms across my chest and made the same face. "Two can play that game."

She'd now let her gaze wonder around, like a puppy lost in an ally.

"Stop it." I whined and stopped pouting.

"Okay." She said with sadness still evident in her voice. She picked up her laptop and started to get up.

Why do I do this to myself?

"Fine." I gave in and grabbed her wrist.

She smiled like she just achieved something honorable. She sat back down and already began explaining what her essay was about.

But all I did was stare at her in awe.

Her eyes flicked in between the screen and me. Her mouth formed words that I didn't always hear. I saw galaxies in her eyes. I saw my everything, talking about one of the things she loved passionately. Just seeing her talk made me happy.

She was so beautiful.

-

Janet and Martin did eventually got officially married.

Maia and I were both invited, obviously.

It was lame though. Pictures, vows, cakes.

Yeah... not my thing.

Okay... maybe cake.

"If we ever get married, it'll be in Michael's basement. Alright?" I whispered in her ear as the vows were made.

"Okay." She giggled and pecked my lips.

I said that because I really missed the things that happened in that basement.

----- Maia grew so close to Ashton and Michael in that basement.

It was where they all went against me on how chocolate cake was better than vanilla.

I said something about how chocolate was heavy and that vanilla was light and more enjoyable.

Michael cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled GAAAAAAY.

They all bursted out laughing.

I was offended and walked upstairs, I knew that I wasn't wanted at that moment.

Maia followed me up and told me that they were just kidding around. We made out in Michael kitchen until the boys came upstairs too and broke us apart.

We ordered pizza. -----

The rest of the night went downhill from there.

We made it back to our apartment and already started sucking face.

Don't get me wrong, I respected the woman. But almost five hours without a proper kiss made me really upset.

And besides, she was the one who made the first move... I just made the others after that.

We were already stripping off each other's clothes as we stumbled into our bedroom.

Her dress off, my shirt and tie were somewhere behind me.

I pushed her down the bed and crawled on top of her. My lips hungrily attacked hers.

We were now just in our underwear, thats when I realized that I wasn't in the mood for sex.

I pulled away and rolled next to her. We panted heavily, trying to catch our breaths.

She rolled to her side and wrapped her arms around my torso. I quickly responded by doing the same to her.

I was glad that she didn't object that I stopped us from having sex. I was just too tired tonight, and part of me knew that she was too.

I didn't need sex to remind her that I loved her. Just holding her was enough.

We drifted off into sleep.

-

I woke up the next morning, finding Maia's body on top of mine. Her arms wrapped around my neck for dear life.

I smiled down at her and kissed the top of her head.

She snored.

She never admits it to me. She thinks that I haven't noticed but I actually did.

I knew that she hated discussing these small flaws. So I never brought them up.

But in the back of my mind, I found it absolutely adorable.

Her arms loosened around me and I slowly turned over, placing her nicely on the bed and pulling the covers up to her chest.

I was glad that she didn't stir in her sleep, she looked so peaceful.

I kissed her forehead before rolling out of bed.

It was my turn to make breakfast today.

It was my turn everyday.

Maia was a terrible cook, she knew that, that's why we agreed that she'd never enter the kitchen unless it was to grab a few snacks or make out with me while I waited for the food to prepare.

I turned the stove on and cracked a few eggs into a pan. Sizzling a few bacon strips in their too, I heard Maia enter.

He arms wrapped me from behind and she kissed my shoulder.

Her kiss lingered there for a while and then slowly trailed up to my neck.

I took a step back, and she copied me. I pulled two plates out from one of the top cabinets and placed the food on them.

Maia tagged along behind me, her arms still tightly held me, as I walked over to the table.

"I'll make some coffee." She kissed my shoulder before letting go and making her way over to the kettle.

I noticed that she was wearing my gray sweater.

It was sort of ours now. She wore it a lot. It was cute. But it wasn't cute when I was going out through the cold, harsh winter and I needed something to wear under my jacket.

I watched her pull two cups out, and pour the hot water over the coffee powder.

I bit back a smile as she poured milk into her own cup while mine was still in its original, black state.

She walked back to the table and set the cups down, we sat across each other and fell into a comfortable silence as we munched on our breakfast.

"I don't have any classes today." She mumbled, her mouth full of bacon.

"I have one at two." I looked down at my empty plate.

It was Monday. Maia took her classes during the weekends and at night. It was weird but she said that she liked it better that way.

She says it doubles the work to get done around the apartment.

Maia pouted at me and let out a small aw in disappointment.

I stared at her, a small smile crept onto my lips.

And all the memories of us hit me like a tsunami. God, was I lucky to have her.

She made me so happy.

And to think, it was all because of this unoriginal idea of exchanging anonymous books and summaries.

Books.

I suddenly got up and grabbed her hand. "What are you doing?" She asked as I pulled her into the living room.

I didn't respond. I stopped at her bookshelves.

The shelves that were full of unwrapped books. We still used to do it, even after high school. But I stopped three months ago. I regretted it a lot. So I decided to do it all over again.

"I just thought, we could do something that was the reason why I fell in love with you." I said and pulled out a dull, beige book that stood out from all the others.

I handed it to her and watched her facial expression. She bit back a smile as she examined the plain cover with scribbled words on it.

She looked up at me and pulled us into a warm embrace. "I love you." I whispered in her ear as I ran my hand through her hair.

"I love you too."

We sat down on the couch as she began reading the book. My head somehow found its place on her lap.

I looked up at her and smiled as her eyes flicked from word to word on each page.

Her free hand absentmindedly found its way to my hair and began playing with a few strands.

I looked up at the other hand, that held the book up. Her nails were painted midnight blue. Classic Maia.

About an hour passess. I haven't even noticed it. Because all I've ever been doing was stare at her.

Her eyebrows scrunched and she bit on her bottom lip. She was focusing on the book.

Like she was so into that book. And I was so into hearing what she had to say.

It made me realize a few things.

A lot of people had their love for music shared, or their love for movies. Some even shared their love for sex and alcohol.

But we didn't exactly share the love for these books. We just both benefitted.

She loved reading, I loved listening to her talk. Just talking. About anything. Her words could be meaningless... or too deep. She'd always make my day with her words.

Although she wasn't speaking right this very moment, I was willing to be patient to see what words she could form after reading a whole book.

We'd probably be nowhere without these damn wrapped books.

-

THE END.

...

OMFG. I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING.

FUCK. THIS GOT TO ME. I'M CRYING. HOW DO YOU REWINd!!?

no sequel because i like where i left this :)

it would be cool if you'd tell me your opinions on this book. (negative or positive. idk)

{self promo of my new book weekends, michael clifford fanfic} lol.

i love you guys so fucking much.

thanks for reading xx

- MACk

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.1M 13.5K 199
A series of 5sos preferences. Request are open updating at least 3 times a week. Vote, comment, and follow PLEASE. Most will be from tumblr ill let y...
61.8K 1.7K 20
in which a girl gets a random text from a stranger named ashton. [lowercase intended.]
25.7K 268 34
Story cover by @ewjimin on twitter.
373K 10.2K 49
In which Luke is in a relationship with Victoria's older sister, Claire, but Victoria and everyone else knows Luke deserves someone better.