One Night Stand: The New Mill...

By Nichelle-J

The Jackson family is back & a little older, but maybe not wiser. You've read Skylar & Michael's story, now s... More

1. Run It!
2. Just Kickin' It
3. Whose Girl Is That?
4. Piece of My Love
6. Billie Jean
7. New York, New York
8. Dance with Me
9. Get It Together
10. Anniversary
11. Say Goodbye
12. Because of You
13. How Could You
14. Go On Girl
15. Confessions
16. Can't Stop This Feeling I Got
17. The Next Episode
18. Adorn
19. Top of the World
20. Confessions, Pt. II
21. Melody
22. Baby
23. One Step At A Time
24. In The Meanwhile
25. If I Knew
26. The Story of Us
27. Quiet Storm
28. Headlines
29. Aftermath (The Intro)
30. Rehab
31. Stronger
32. Be Alright
33. Whoops Now
34. Start of Something New
35. Super Rich Kids
36. Listen
37. Love Will Never Do (Without You)
38. Nothing Lasts Forever
39. Missing You
40. Count On Me
41. Heartbreaker
42. Happy New Year
43. Break Your Heart Right Back
44. Say Yes
45. Love Affair
46. Secret Lovers
47. Untitled (How Does It Feel)
48. Climax
49. It's Over Now
50. New Beginning (Interlude)
51. Spend My Life With You

5. Winner

640 26 108
By Nichelle-J

November 28th, 2005
12:40 PM
Serenity POV

2morrow's the day

Fck yea. Less than 12 hrs

U ready?

Beyond.

I smiled at Chris' response. I knew he was excited beyond words.

His album was finally about to come out. He had worked so hard on it and had been doing a bunch of promotion leading up to it, so I knew he was ready to see how it would turn out.

I was excited too.

I'll be up at 12, downloadin it from iTunes

Or...

???

U can wait to listen 2 it wit me when u get outta skool 2morrow

Why?

It'll be more special dat way

I smiled to myself & prepared to respond to his message, but my phone was snatched out of my hand before I could. I looked up and saw Taj running down the hallway, snickering.

"TAJ!!" I yelled, running after him. He continued running and laughing, heading towards the lunchroom with me following after him. Taj ran over to our usual lunch table, where everyone was already seated.

"Leon, catch!!" Taj said, throwing the phone at Leon, and Leon tried to catch it, but Johnna intercepted. Taj sucked his teeth at her as she smirked before handing my phone back.

"Here you go, Serenity," She said as I took the phone.

"Thank you." I smiled at her before turning to Taj & punching him in his arm. "Prick." I sat down between Johnna & Lauryn. "How was everybody's Thanksgiving?"

"Whew!! We ate good!!" Taj said, sitting next to Lauryn.

"Definitely, i'm ready for thanksgiving to come back around, i'm hungry," Johnna added, patting her stomach and I snickered.

"How was yours?" Lauryn asked, looking at me. I shrugged.

"It was like every other family get together."

"Ooh except," MJ said, pointing at me. "Madison almost fought Petrease."

I let out a laugh.

"Oh my god, she did!!!"

Petrease was AJ's second child's mother, and honestly, none of us liked her.

She was obnoxious and rude, and not in the Kae way. It was aggravating.

Also, we were all still team Madison, and Petrease didn't like Madison.

She had no reason to not like her though. Madison was no longer interested in AJ once she realized he wasn't going to marry her. Or he was taking his sweet ass time to do it.

By the time Petrease had come into the picture, it had been about four years since AJ & Madison had been together. So her problem with Madison? Who the hell knows, but if she was against Madison, we were against her.

Anyway, we had Thanksgiving was at AJ's house, which was the first damn mistake because Petrease lived with him. At least if we had it somewhere else, she didn't have to be invited.

Obviously, Madison was always welcomed, regardless of where we are, but especially at AJ's house since they share a child. Petrease decided she wanted to act a fool, thinking she ran something because she lived with AJ. She tried to get throw something in Madison's face, and Madison lost it.

It seemed like she was releasing all her anger from over the years. It was scary. She was usually a sweet, quiet person.

But apparently, men and their awful choices in women bring out the worst in you.

I prayed that a man and any baggage that accompanied him never did that to me.

"Madison who?" Mica asked, raising his eyebrows. "Not your aunt Madison."

"Yes, that Madison," MJ said, laughing.

"Stop playing," Lauryn said in disbelief & both MJ & I shook her heads.

"It was terrifying," I said, reminiscing.

"Yes. Yall remember when Mica lost his shit in 7th grade and was about to beat Trevon's ass?" MJ asked and everybody but Johnna (we didn't meet her until high school) nodded. "It was like that."

"Damn," Mica mumbled, scratching his head.

"Hold on," Johnna said, pausing. "Mica almost fought somebody?"

"That's not important," Mica said, waving her off before looking back and forth at MJ & I. "Tell the Madison story."

"Okay," MJ said, getting in his 'im about to entertain yall' position. "From the moment Madison walked in with lil AJ, Petrease was on bullshit. She saying little stuff, mumbling under her breath when Madison walks past her. Madison is not saying anything back, because you know she not that type of person. And Kae gon say something if you don't so she didn't need to speak. Petrease, of course, doesn't say anything to Kae because she knows better. But she continues to fuck with Madison even after Kae says something. We get to dinner, and everybody is just talking, everything is chill. Madison is all happy, talking with us, laughing, fitting in, unlike Petrease. I guess that made her mad, so she goes 'you're a good one'. Madison looks at her and is like 'what?'. Petrease is like 'you're a good one'. Madison and the rest of us are confused. Petrease goes on. 'There's no way in hell would I be laughing at thanksgiving dinner with the family of the man who refused to marry me. I just couldn't bear it.' So Madison sighs before giving Petrease a smirk. She goes 'You probably couldn't bear it because they don't like you, They love the hell out of me.' Petrease replies 'they might love you, but he damn sure didn't. At least, not enough to marry you.' I thought Madison was going to give her another smart ass reply but next thing I know, she was lunging over the table, trying to get at Petrease."

"Damnnnn," Everybody at the table said in disbelief.

"Everybody was trying to separate the two, but Madison strong as hell. I guess resentment does that to you." I nodded in agreeance as my phone beeped, indicating I was getting a text. I looked at my phone as MJ kept talking.

I bet ik which song is gonna b ur fav

What's it called?

U'll c ;)

I smiled to myself.

"Tell Chris I said 'hi'," Lauryn said, smacking on some fries in my ear.

"How'd you know I was talking to him?" I asked, looking at her.

"You always get this big ass smile, and I know texting Bria & Jill doesn't make you smile like that."

"How come? I could be happy to text my best friends."

"Please," Johnna said, snickering. "Only somebody that's your boo can have you smiling like that."

"He's not my boo," I said, biting my lip. Lauryn & Johnna sucked their teeth.

"He still hasn't asked you to be his girlfriend?" I shook my head. As I stated before, he had to do a lot of promotion & stuff for his album, so he was busy. I wasn't tripping though, it just allowed us to take time to get to know each other before making it official.

"He's a damn fool. I would've been locked that down," Taj said, shaking his head.

"Stay outta women's business, Taj!!"

"I would if any of you were women, Lauryn!!" The two siblings started bickering & the rest of shook our heads, ready to tune them out.

"Has he at least let you hear the album?" Johnna asked & I shook my head.

"Damn, you sure he even likes you, sis?" MJ asked, teasingly. "I'd at least let the girl I was messing with hear my music before everybody else."

"Well, you don't have any music to listen to so I don't really think you can say what you would do in a situation you're not in."

"Damn," Leon mumbled as MJ snickered.

"Well," Lauryn said as she turned away from Taj. "You only have a few hours until you hear the album. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait."

"He wants me to wait to listen to it with him after school tomorrow. He says he wants it to be special."

"That means it's not good," MJ said, and the boys laughed as the girls rolled their eyes.

"You guys are so annoying. This is why none of you have girlfriends now," Lauryn said, frowned up.

"Wrong," MJ said loudly. "I don't have a girlfriend because I don't want a girlfriend. I like being single."

"Manwhore," I stated.

"Yo daddy," MJ shot back. I just rolled my eyes.

"What's the other three's excuses?" Johnna asked, and we looked at Leon, Taj & Mica.

"I like being single," Taj & Leon stated at the same time.

"Mica?" Johnna asked, raising her eyebrow.

"What's your excuse, Johnna?" MJ asked, butting in. "Questioning us and shit. Why don't you have a girlfriend? Since you got your degree and know every fucking thing." The boys laughed as Johnna smirked.

"I'm working on it."

"With who?" We all asked as she raised from her seat.

"You'll see. See ya later." She walked away from the table. We all watched as she left before Taj sucked his teeth.

"She lying like a mutherfucker."

3:32 PM

After school, I headed to The Wright Steps while MJ went over Mica's house. Mica had invited me, but I thought it would be best for me to not go.

I walked in the front and waved at everybody in the lobby who spoke or stared at me before heading towards my mom's office. I peeked in the studios as I walked by, making sure that she wasn't hosting a class in any of them and also just being nosey.

Finally, I got to her office and saw her staring at something on her computer.

"Hey mama," I said, walking in and put my bookbag on the floor. She looked up at me & smiled.

"Hey, baby. What you doing here? Thought you would go to grandma's or with MJ to Mica's." I shook my head.

"I wanted to come here today," I said, sitting in the chair in front of her desk. "What you doing?"

"Trying to figure out where I want to open another studio at," She said, typing something on her computer.

"Ooh lucky #3," I said, smiling. She had opened one in San Diego the summer before me & Mj went to high school. "You should do it in San Francisco."

"Uhhh i'm thinking about opening out of state actually," She said, looking at me.

"That's great!! Um, do New York!!' She gave me a look & I pursed my lips. "Oops. Sorry, ma."

My mother hated New York for three reasons. The first was because of something that happened with her & my daddy before I was born. The second was because granddaddy died when she was there for the VMA's. Then, when she gave it another chance because of daddy's 30th-anniversary celebration, 9/11 happened. So yeah, she wasn't too fond of New York.

"That would be a good place, considering all of the talent that is located in New York, but no. I'm not taking any chances."

"Ma, do you really think it's cursed?"

"Yes!!" She exclaimed, and I snickered. "Ain't no way in hell it's a coincidence that bad things happen while i'm in New York. No way in hell. I'm not giving that city another chance to fuck me up." I raised my hands in surrender.

"Alright, ma." I decided to suggest another city. "How about Atlanta?" She thought about it.

"Maybe..." She said, typing something on the computer. "So how was school today?" I shrugged.

"It was cool. I'm just ready to graduate."

"Why? Somebody bullying at that school? Do me, Kae & Dawn need to pull up and beat somebody ass?"

"No ma," I laughed. "I'm just ready to be done. So I can focus on dancing more." I paused, sitting back in the chair. "Do you think I did a good enough job on the 'Run It!' video? And answer this as a dancer, not as my mom."

"You did great, Serenity. Why? Don't tell me you starting to overthink stuff like your daddy."

"No, I just... nobody's called me to do another video since then," I said, playing with my fingers. "It's been three months." Ma snickered, and I looked at her weirdly.

"You really think no one has been calling for you?" I eyed her and she smiled. "Lots of people have called. But your schedule hasn't been aligning with theirs so they had to call other people."

"Who's called?" I asked, perking up & she pursed her lips.

"I'm not going to tell you because you'll be mad at the missed opportunities." I sucked my teeth, sitting back in the chair.

"See!! School is in the way!!' She laughed.

"Baby girl, there will be plenty of other opportunities for you to work with those people. They're going to call again, trust me. Don't rush it." She sat back in her chair. "You'll have the rest of your life to do it. My choreographer career didn't start until I was 26. So you'll be fine." I nodded, relaxing a bit. "Besides, this gives you a little more time to perfect your craft. Well, not necessarily perfect since you're never satisfied," She said, rolling her eyes and I grinned. "But you get it." I nodded.

"Thanks ma. I have another question." She nodded for me to ask it. "Do you think Chris really likes me?" She looked at me puzzled.

"Yeah, baby. You think he doesn't?"

"I don't know," I said, sitting up in the chair. "It seems like it, but it's been almost four months since our first date and he still hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend. And usually, I would ask Bria or Jillian about this, but what do they really know? You know more about relationships than they do. How long did it take for daddy to ask you to be his girlfriend?" Mama let out a snicker.

"I don't think me & Michael's relationship is the best example to lead by but to answer the question, about 10 months." My eyes widened. "BUT, we were also in a different situation. We were two people in their late twenties who had issues from other relationships. Neither of you have issues from past relationships, right?"

"I don't but-"

"Serenity he's 16. I don't think he has issues from past relationships." I pursed my lips. "But if you want to know if he does, or why he hasn't asked you, talk to him. You gotta communicate baby. Communication, along with trust, is key." I nodded.

"Thanks ma. I think I'll talk to him about it tomorrow when I see him. Speaking of... can I go with him tomorrow?"

"Where?" I shrugged.

"I don't know. But he said he wants us to listen to his album together so i'm guessing we're going somewhere."

"Okay," She said, typing on the computer. "I'll let Oliver know so he can have a security detail ready for you after school."

"Alright," I said, standing up. "I'm going to sit in one of the classes."

Skylar POV

I watched as Serenity walked out of my office and smiled to myself. My baby didn't suspect a damn thing.

MJ POV

I got this young chick, she so immature
She like, "Why you don't buy me Reeboks no more?"
Like to show out in public, throw tantrums on the floor
Gotta toss a couple dollars, just to shut up her holla

I rapped along to Jay-Z's 'Girls, Girls, Girls' as I sat at the mini bar in the room as Mica played 'Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition' on his Playstation 2.

"Come on man!!" I yelled as he focused on the game. "Change the game so we can both play!! Put 'Def Jam' in or something!!"

"Hold on!! I'm almost done with this race!!" I sucked my teeth.

"I didn't come over here to watch you play the game, white boy. I could've gone to my granny's house cause I know she cooked."

"Then leave," he said, looking back at me & smiling.

"I'm bout to, shit," I said as he stood up and walked over to where I was. "Got me sitting here watching you playing the game like i'm your girlfriend or something. You rude as hell." He laughed as he walked behind the bar and grabbed a bottled water from the refrigerator. "I think I might enter the school talent show."

"Do it," He said, opening the bottle and drinking some.

"It's in a few weeks though." Mica removed the bottle from his lips and laughed. "What?"

"How are you going to say you might enter the talent show then say 'it's in a few weeks' like you don't really want to do it?"

"Because I was expecting you to say that, but since you didn't, I did it for myself." Mica chuckled, shaking his head.

"Come on, MJ. Do it. You have the talents for it. What are you afraid of?" I didn't say anything. "You think people are going to judge you because of who your dad is?"

"I don't even feel like I can do something as lenient & carefree as a school talent show because people are going to judge me," I said, shaking my head. "As soon as I don't hit a note high enough, somebody is going to be like 'he's nothing like his dad' or 'I bet the real Michael Jackson could have did it'." Mica started laughing at me & I looked at him offended. "I'm telling you my feelings and you're laughing at me? You rude as hell."

"MJ, it's a school talent show. Most of the performances will be mediocre as hell. And I know you can put on a performance. I've seen the videos."

"Yeah, but those were with Serenity," I pointed out. "And I was dancing. Not singing." Mica pursed his lips, thinking for a moment.

"Okay, think of it like this. You & Serenity share the same parents. You don't think she's nervous about being stuck in their shadow."

"She's dancing though. I feel like the pressure is higher on singing than dancing. Not to say that dancing is the easiest thing in the world, but I feel like singing is a little harder. Look at everything my pops did, how am I supposed to live up to that?"

"Are we still talking about the talent show at this point or a music career?" Mica asked, confused and I sighed.

"Both." Mica sat next to me.

"You know, you're the third-best singer I know." I looked at him, wondering how the hell that was supposed to make me feel more confident in myself. "It goes your dad, me, then you."

"Get the fuck," I said, shoving him and laughing as he laughed.

"Just go for it, MJ. You don't have to drop an album tomorrow. Hell, you don't even have to drop it next year. Prepare yourself, then do it when you're ready. And talk to your dad about it. You know he'll help you with whatever."

"And about the talent show?" Mica shrugged.

"Wait for the spring talent show. Go out with a bang. I can guarantee you that'll get you hella laid prom night." We both laughed, dapping.

"You should enter it too, then. When the last time you had some?"

"Don't worry about it," He said.

"I'm just asking. It's a lot of girls that want you at school, and I ain't heard about you hitting any of them."

"Eh, they're not my type," He said, walking back over to where the PS2. I wanted to say 'you mean they're not Serenity' but I left it alone.

"They don't have to be your type for you have sex with them."

"You say that because you'll hit anybody with a vagina."

"No!!" I said, walking over to where he was. "I have standards!! I'm picky with my hoes." He laughed.

"So, you're picky with them but they don't have to be your type?"

"Precisely," I said, grabbing a controller.

"A fool."

November 29th, 2005
1:25 PM
Serenity POV

It felt like the day was dragging. It seemed like half the upperclassman came up to me because I was in the 'Run It!' video to ask if there would be more videos for a few songs on the album. And it didn't help with Lauryn & Johnna talking about how much they liked the album.

"It's so good!!" Lauryn said as we walked into 7th period. "It makes me want a boyfriend."

"Yeah, there's a couple of songs that I want to dedicate to my boo. He did a really good job."

"Why are you two torturing me?" I asked and they laughed.

"Don't think of it as torture. Think of it as us preparing you for what you're going to hear." I playfully rolled my eyes as we all sat down in our seats. As I got my language and composition book out of my bag, my phone vibrated. I quickly pulled it out so I wouldn't get caught with it out when the bell rang.

I won't b able 2 c u 2day, i'm sorry.

I sucked my teeth before replying.

Ok.

"What?" Lauryn asked & I quickly showed her the text. "Ask him why?"

"I don't care why," I said, putting my phone up. She pursed her lips.

"Well, you wanna come over my house after school & listen to the album with me?"

"I'll come over there, but we don't have to listen to it," I said, not in the mood to hear his voice. I was disappointed. It had already been a while since I had seen him and he had hyped me up to let me down. I didn't like that.

The last two periods seemed to fly by since I no longer had anything to look forward to and before I knew it, I was at my locker, getting ready to go to Lauryn's house. I called my mama as I grabbed my jacket out of my locker.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hey mama, i'm going over Lauryn's house, is that okay?"

"What happened with Chris?"

"I don't know," I mumbled, and I guess she could tell I was annoyed so she didn't question it further.

"Well, alright, but I need you to stop here first. I need your opinion about the new studio."

"Okay, be there in 20." I hung up the phone as Lauryn & Johnna walked over.

"Ready?" Lauryn asked.

"Yeah, we have to stop at the studio first though."

"Alright, let's tell Taj." We headed down the hall to where Taj's locker was and saw the boys talking.

"Taj!!" Lauryn yelled, getting his attention.

"Why are you so loud?!?" He asked, but she ignored him.

"Serenity & Johnna are coming with us, but we need to stop at the dance studio first."

"Why? You in trouble or something?" MJ asked & I sucked my teeth.

"No, she wants my help with the new studio she's opening."

"She's opening another studio? Why didn't she ask for my help? I'm coming with you."

"Well, I guess we're going too," Mica said, looking at Leon.

"What is this, a field trip or something?" Johnna asked as we started to head out of school. We headed to where Taj & Mica's cars were. Me, Johnna & Lauryn got in Taj's car while the others were in Mica's and we headed to the studio.

15 minutes later, we were walking in the lobby.

"Hey Amy!!" I said as we started to head towards the back.

"Hey, Serenity, MJ, the rest of you. Your mom is in studio five," She said.

"Thanks!!!" We headed towards the back.

"Ughh do we have to take the stairs?" Taj asked.

"You're so damn lazy!!" We headed up the stairs & into the studio, which was dark, but something was playing softly.

V.A. this one's for y'all baby
All my dudes in E-Town stay up

"Is that..?" I looked at Lauryn & Johnna who were sharing a look.

"This yo boy?" Leon asked me & I nodded.

"I think so."

Alright
WE HERE!

Another song started to play as the lights came up and there was Chris, standing on the other side of the room. He was holding a mic and my jaw dropped.

"Never..." Taj said in disbelief.

"Whoa whoa..." Chris sung into the mic before he started walking towards us. "Do do do do do..." The beat came in. "Hey, uh huh, yeah." When he got to the middle of the room, two dancers came out of nowhere and they started dancing.

Yo,
Tell me fellas have you seen her? (seen her)
It was about five minutes ago
When I seen the hottest chick
That young'n
Never seen before

I stood there, in disbelief, but I also was smiling hard as hell. This was his plan all along.

On a second thought that ain't the way to go
I got give her game proper
Spit it so she'll get it
There she is I got to stop her

He pointed at me as he started walking towards me. "Or should I talk about her smile? Or what about her style? I'm out of time, she's out the door, I got to go for mine, I think i'll say..."

He grabbed my hand as the beat switched.

Yo, it is an honor to introduce the future of R&B

I kept grinning as he led me to the middle of the studio, where the backup dancers had placed a stool for me to sit on.

His name is Chris Brown and uh, you know what this is

He motioned for me to sit and I smiled at him.

"Chris..." He just smiled back.

Yup, another B Coxx Joint

"Round one, I hear a ding, I walk up and shake your hand, girl, I got to know what's up. Baby, what's your name? Can I get your number? Cause I want to talk about some things, yeah," He winked as I sat there, blushing. "Round two, it ain't a thing, I was moving everywhere you move. Bobbing and weaving like a young boy was supposed to do, it seems like only yesterday that we did it, now you on me like a fitted and I just got to say..."

Baby, you're a winner
Didn't even take you
Twelve rounds to do it
You got the title now
I'ma tell the whole world
To give it up for my girl

"My girl," He sung, grabbing my left hand and intertwining our fingers. The chorus was repeated before he started back singing.

"Round three, I can see me and you walking down the aisle, and I know we're young so it'll be a while before we doing that, but my mama got me in trainin', gettin' ready for the day when I make somebody happy. Said I was done with love until I found someone like you, somebody tell me, what was I supposed to do? You put my back against the ropes no choice but to unfold, I gotta give it to you baby."

He walked behind me and wrapped his arms around me as he continued to sing and I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling so much because I know I was smiling like an idiot.

He sung the chorus once in my left ear before singing it again in my right, making me giggle as he let me go and walked back in front of me.

"Ohhhh girl, baby I just can't believe that every time you come around I start losin' my breath, I'm trippin' ova myself cause you hittin' me, hittin' me," He pulled me up & spun me around as he continued to sing. "Ohhhh girl, baby it's so plain to see that you got the best of me, so I'm throwin' in the towel, baby, I bow out!!"

Ohhhh Ohh Ohh Ohh Ohh
Let it breathe
Ha ha
Oh!!

"This your favorite song yet?" He asked and I nodded, laughing. He smiled.

Baby, you're a winner
Didn't even take you
Twelve rounds to do it
You got the title now
I'ma tell the whole world
To give it up for my girl

As the chorus continued to repeat, Chris put his mic down on the stool.

"I didn't expect your friends to be here when I did this, so it made me kind of nervous, and I still am. But i'm going to ask you anyway. Serenity, will you be my girlfriend?" I answered him by pulling him in for a kiss, and I could hear clapping but I didn't bother to pull away until he did. "So yeah, right?"

"Yes," I said, giggling and he smiled before kissing me again.

Christopher Maurice Brown. My first boyfriend, first 'love', and my first heartbreak.

MJ POV

As Chris' song faded out, everyone in studio five clapped, even if they didn't want to. I looked over at Mica, who looked disappointed but tried to hide it. I wanted to say 'why didn't you say anything, stupid?' but I think that might have made whatever he was feeling worse. So I nudged him & he looked over at me.

"You alright bro?" I asked & he nodded, putting a smile on his face.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I gave him a knowing look but he ignored it. "Did this spark anything in you?"

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"MJ, he's good. He's probably going to blow up. Now's the time to start," He said before turning to head downstairs. "I'll be in the car." I watched as he walked away.

I know he had just said that to take the focus off of him, but to say this hadn't set a fire under my ass would be a lie.

Chris was good. He had the presence, he could dance, sing, like actually sing, live and all, and if he could do this for my sister, that means he could really pull it off on a real stage. Chris Brown had it, and honestly, I wanted it too.

I could finally see what Serenity had been talking about months prior and it was time for me to stop playing around & get serious. Because like she said, having talent means nothing when talent doesn't work hard.

7:52 PM

"Why didn't you call me?" Pops asked as mama showed him the video of Chris serenading Serenity. She had been in the studio recording the whole thing.

"You don't need to be there for everything!" Mama said & Pops gave her a look.

"I do!! I could've been his back up dancer!!" Mama sucked her teeth as we snickered.

"Michael, please. You'd take over the whole thing!! You would've pushed him out the way and started singing to her yourself," Mama said and we laughed because he probably would. He sucked his teeth.

"Whatever Sky." He looked at Serenity. "You happy baby girl?" She nodded, smiling. I don't think she had stopped smiling since he had serenaded her. "Well i'm happy for you."

"Thank you, daddy."

"I can't wait for my boyfriend to sing to me!!" Melody exclaimed.

"Yeah, I can't wait for Mica to sing to me!!" Maiya exclaimed.

"What?!?" Pops asked, damn near choking on his spit.

"Yep, time to get ready for bed," Mama said, standing up and grabbing Maiya & Melody, pulling them away before pops could stop coughing. Both Serenity & I tried to keep our laughter to ourselves.

"You okay daddy?" Serenity asked, still smiling. He held his hand up, trying to get himself together. When he was done coughing, he looked at me.

"He's not invited over here anymore." I snickered.

"For the last four years, he's been uninvited from here. It's nothing new." Serenity giggled as her phone started ringing.

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
And they're like, it's better than yours
Damn right it's better than yours
I can teach you, but I have to charge

Pops gave her a look as she answered it.

"It's Bria, daddy," She said as she walked away. "Hello..."

"She's lying," I said, shaking my head, knowing she wasn't.

"Oh shut up." I snickered as he stood up.

"Wait, pops, I want to talk to you about something." He looked at me and I pursed my lips. I didn't know why I was nervous to say it. It was what I wanted.

"Oh god," he said, and I looked at him to see me looking at me in horror. "You got somebody pregnant, didn't you?"

"No!! He- no!!"

"Oh thank god," He said, sitting back down in his seat. "Thank God."

"What if I did? How bad could it be?" He looked at me crazy and I held back my laugh.

"MJ, stop fooling around. What do you need to talk about?"

"Um... I think... I know I want to start a music career." He stared at me for a moment.

"That's all?" I squinted my eyes at him.

"What do you mean 'that's all'?"

"I've known that for a while, I was just waiting for you to say something."

"So you'll help me?"

"No, i'll just let the industry rip you to shreds," He said sarcastically & I smiled.

"I knew I could count on you pops," I said, patting his arm and standing up. "So how do we do this? Do I sign a record deal? Do-" He shook his head, standing up.

"We'll start this weekend, we have a lot to do." I looked at him, worried about what he meant by that. He sucked his teeth. "Now why are you looking at me like that?"

"Because i'm afraid by what that means."

"What do you think that means?"

"That you're about to put me to work." He smiled, standing up before patting my shoulder.

"Damn skippy." Then he walked off without any word.

Maybe I should've asked my Uncle Prince to help me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 10.1K 84
These imagines are more of a story of you and Michael's journey in life. From first meeting to getting married to having kids, this is you and Michae...
15.1K 677 36
Back At it again with book 3!! Marilyn And Michael have Been Married for year's now with 3 kid's thing's seem perfect as they went through alot from...
12.1K 327 30
[Book 2] the last 5 years of marriage have been very good to janet and JD, there has been a new addition to the family and there have also been big c...
238K 3.4K 120
Stories of Michael Jackson from different era's. Also if you don't like the things I write in this book. I'm saying this nicely, please don't read my...