All The Right Moves

By dinaAbu

*This book is a spin off to What I Left Behind. This may be read as a stand alone but it is highly suggested... More

Prologue
All The Right Moves- Chapter 1
All The Right Moves- Chapter 2
All The Right Moves- Chapter 3
All The Right Moves- Chapter 4
All The Right Moves- Chapter 5
All The Right Moves- Chapter 6
All The Right Moves- Chapter 7
All The Right Moves- Chapter 8
All The Right Moves- Chapter 9
All The Right Moves- Chapter 10
All The Right Moves- Chapter 11
All The Right Moves- Chapter 12
All The Right Moves- Chapter 13
All The Right Moves- Chapter 14
All The Right Moves- Chapter 15
All The Right Moves- Chapter 16
All The Right Moves- Chapter 17
All The Right Moves- Chapter 18
All The Right Moves- Chapter 19
All The Right Moves- Chapter 20
All The Right Moves- Chapter 21
All The Right Moves- Chapter 22
All The Right Moves- Chapter 23
All The Right Moves- Chapter 24
All The Right Moves- Chapter 25
All The Right Moves- Chapter 26
All The Right Moves- Chapter 27
All The Right Moves- Chapter 28
All The Right Moves- Chapter 29
All The Right Moves- Chapter 30
All The Right Moves- Chapter 31
All The Right Moves- Chapter 32
All The Right Moves- Chapter 33
All The Right Moves- Chapter 34
All The Right Moves- Chapter 35
All The Right Moves- Chapter 36
All The Right Moves- Chapter 37
All The Right Moves- Chapter 38
All The Right Moves- Chapter 39
All The Right Moves- Chapter 41
All The Right Moves- Chapter 42
All The Right Moves- Chapter 43
All The Right Moves- Chapter 44
All The Right Moves- Chapter 45
All The Right Moves- Chapter 46
All The Right Moves- Chapter 47
All The Right Moves- Chapter 48
All The Right Moves- Chapter 49
Epilogue

All The Right Moves- Chapter 40

157 5 0
By dinaAbu

Chapter 40

"I'm thinking that this whole Bachelorette idea is not such a good move after all," Blake stated as we walked into the bar.

"And why is that?" I asked scanning the crowd.

"This place looks crowded as heck. I don't remember the last time I entered a Bar without Ethan." Blake stated breathing in as she took in her surroundings.

I laughed, "Well that's a damn shame. You need some girl time and this is a good excuse for it!" I told her grabbing her to follow my lead.

We were at the local bar meeting Kenna and her girls for her bachelorette party. Her wedding was in just two days and so it felt like a real girls night out for her.

"You made it!" Kenna squealed hugging both Blake and I.

"Wouldn't miss it," I told her, reciprocating the hug.

"Great! We're going to drink a few here and make our way out to our real destination tonight. Bottoms up bitches!" She squealed downing a shot.

Blake laughed, "This ought to be fun." 

"Or awful. One of the two," I told her.

"Well, looks like we will find out soon enough." Blake stated shrugging, taking a shot and downing it.

"Bottoms up," She told me, handing me a glass.

Clinking it with hers, I downed it.

"Hey, it's you." A girl squealed, running over to me.

"And you are?" I asked confused.

"Oh I'm Kenna's friend! But you... you're like famous." She slurred.

The girl was for sure tipsy.

"Not today Lilly," Kenna stated grabbing her friend by the shoulder.

"I'm sorry about that. She just gets a little too excited when she drinks. Thinks you're all famous because of you know, the quarterback. But don't you worry, I've got her controlled!" Kenna reassured, winking at me.

I laughed at her. I didn't want Kenna to have to feel like her friends had to be cautious of what to say around me. I didn't want to be that type of person.

I wasn't that type of person.

"Honestly, don't worry about it. Doesn't bother me." I stated shrugging.

"Good! Now drink up!" Kenna squealed, handing Blake and I each two more shots.

"Let me just slow down. Don't want to go too hard, I still have a baby boy I gotta take care of tomorrow." Blake reminded herself.

"I'm sure Ethan will be able to help out tomorrow. Tonight, enjoy yourself. If not for you, at least for me." Kenna told her.

Blake rolled her eyes, "I'll try. Just for you, but absolutely no Tequila. I'm not trying to die tonight."

Kenna and I laughed.

About an hour later, we were in Kenna's limo she had rented for the night that had taken us to the Club downtown.

We were instantly greeted by the bouncers who knew it was Kenna's bachelorette.

Escorting us to our table, I was engulfed by the blaring music and strobe lights. I sure as hell did not miss this.

"I did not miss this," Blake stated as if reading my mind.

I laughed, "Neither did I. It's okay we will leave after an hour. Keep powering through."

"Take your own advice! I'll be fine... I hope." Blake stated laughing as we sat at our table.

The girls instantly popped open the champagne bottles waiting for us and they were all instantly buzzed and screaming to the music.

Going with the flow, I tried to let myself enjoy the moment with everyone and to be present.

The DJ had just given Kenna a shout out for Bachelorette party and instantly the girls all lost it, dancing and singing uncontrollably. I glared at Blake and we broke out into hysterics.

"Tell me that we weren't like this for your Bachelorette?!" I stated laughing.

I wish I had remembered it.

Blake laughed, "Oh you have no idea. You were beyond the life of the party Char."

I smiled at the thought. As if sensing my deep thoughts, Blake instantly broke my silence. "Okay, drink up. You're obviously not drunk enough if you're thinking hard about your life at the moment."

Taking the drinks she had in hand without hesitation, I gulped them down easily.

"More," I told her.

Blake looked at me and laughed, "You got it."

Four drinks later and I felt all the alcohol hitting.

I wasn't sure how much time had passed, but I knew I had hit my limit.

"Blakeeeee!" I squealed dancing my way over to her.

"I spy a group of fellas trying to get laid tonight. Avoid eye contact, avoid!" I stated throwing my hand over her shoulder.

Blake instantly laughed, "What a shame. Nice eye candy though I will say."

Blake stated checking out the group of guys. She laughed as one of them glared their attention to us.

I noticed one of them approaching, "Oh he's coming. They coming! Someone stop em' they're just wasting their time!" I said a little too loud.

Blake continued laughing.

"Poor guy doesn't even realize he's about to be blown off." She said just loud enough for me to hear.

I shrugged my shoulders just as he was a few feet apart from us.

"And you are?" I asked entertained.

He took a swig from his beer before replying, "Real question is, can I buy you a drink?"

I laughed, "Sorry buddy, but I'm pretty sure I'm engaged."

Blake spit out her drink at my comment.

"I don't see a ring," The guy asked cockily.

He smirked as he continued to drink. His attitude reeked of asshole. 

"Oh, you're one of those. That's a bummer. Let me give you some advice, when you want to approach a gal in the club, tone down the ego a bit. You might have a little bit more luck," I told him.

This caused him to snicker. He was definitely entertained.

"And what is this, a therapist session?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"But seriously, that's a no to a drink?" He asked pryingly.

I tried speaking as coherently as my tipsy mind would allow me to, "I wasn't kidding. We're engaged. Well I am, girlie here is a baby mama. Sorry buddy."

He took another swig from his drink.

"Alright, Suit yourself." He replied, walking away.

"He was cute until he starting talking. Boys, they never learn." I stated grabbing a drink from the table.

"Uh no, I think that's enough for you for tonight." Blake stated, trying to grab the glass from my hand.

I ran just in time away from her so that she didn't get the drink and gulped it down.

"Oh, too slow!" I stated laughing.

"Kenna! Hide me quick, Blake's trying to kill my buzz." I stated, standing behind Kenna so that Blake wouldn't hear.

"Charlie, I see you, you know." I heard Blake say over the music.

Kenna was laughing, "I think Charlie has officially let loose." Kenna stated as she threw her arm round my shoulder.

"You know I'm really happy for you. I hope that one day we can do this again, I really needed it." I stated nodding my head up and down.

I heard Kenna and Blake laugh, "Okay, time to go. Kenna we love you but if this girl is going to see the light of day tomorrow, she needs to get her ass in a bed ASAP." I heard Blake say.

I pouted, "You're no fun."

Blake rolled her eyes and made me throw my arm around her shoulders as we walked out the club.

Unsure of how we even got home, I plopped on the guest room that was next to Blake's room inside the house.

"I'm fully capable of going to my room, you know!" I stated as I lay on the bed.

"Sure you are," Blake said standing in the doorway.

"One of those nights, huh?" I overheard Ethan say form behind Blake.

"Hi Lover Boy. Your wife killed my buzz tonight, you should divorce her." I slurred.

I heard both of them laugh.

I sat upward and ushered them both to sit next to me.

Ethan did so with Blake following behind.

"What I tell you right now stays between us, okay?" I told them, swearing them to secrecy.

They laughed but nodded anyway.

"I love Drew." I told them.

Blake nodded her head slowly and Ethan was holding back laughter.

"What's so funny?" I asked confused.

"You love Drew, and?" He asked.

I nodded my head, "Uh, I love Drew. As in our friend Drew. Football player, walking STD Drew."

This time, Blake broke out into laughter.

"Yeah, you're also basically engaged to him as well." Blake clarified.

I huffed. "I know that. But like I reallllllllyyyy love him. But I'm mad at him, but I'm not. But I miss him."

"Right. Well you can always go home to him and stop being silly," Ethan stated tapping my nose.

"I want to, but he probably hates me. I messed it all up Ethan," I stated half coherently.

The world was spinning and it seemed as if I were spinning with it.

"You can't tell him though, alright? I need to fix it." I said getting emotional.

This caused Ethan to immediately comfort me, "Okay Char. We will fix it tomorrow. You need to sleep though."

I nodded my head in disagreement, "I need to see him now." I stated trying to stand upward.

"Whoa there lady, sit down before you fall on your ass." Blake ordered.

I stumbled trying to find my balance.

"I just.. I just.. need to throw up." I immediately covered my mouth.

"Bathroom, now." Ethan stated picking me up while running to the bathroom.

Making it just in time, I profusely let out all the alcohol that was in my system.

About a half hour later, I felt a hand rubbing my back.

"Thanks Drew," I replied.

I heard a chuckle.

"Damn Charlie, how much did you drink?" Ethan asked confused.

I looked around and saw Ethan, "Oh my bad, Ethan. Sorry, it's just Drew is always the one helping me during times like this."

He laughed just as I rested my head against the wall, "You miss him huh?"

I nodded, "More than you know."

"Well good thing that tomorrow, you won't remember much of this conversation, but I will." Ethan stated winking at me.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" I asked confused.

"Nothing," he stated shrugging.

"Go sleep. I'm sorry your best friend is a mess but B is probably waiting for you." I told him.

He sat across from my on the bathroom floor at the moment and although I admired my friend taking care of me, he should be with his wife.

"She's with Clay. Don't you worry, she has him to cuddle with tonight. Let's just get you to bed and we can both get some sleep okay?" He stated.

I nodded in agreement.

"Here, take this and get to bed," He stated handing me two pills and a cup of water.

After swallowing them, he pulled me to my feet and directed me to the bed.

Throwing the blanket over me, I told him "Thanks Bradley. Love you."

He laughed and kissed my temple, "Love you crazy girl. Goodnight."

And with that, he left and I tried to ignore the pounding headache that was making its way.

About an hour later and an hour struggle with my headache and nausea, I finally slept. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 61 20
Have you ever liked some guy that is popular, attractive and yet annoying, rude, mean at the same time? I'm sure nearly every girl has. Mikasa your...
1.1K 145 7
Nathan has lived a familiarly normal life, if you call being abandoned on an orphanage front steps as a fifth birthday present, but Nathan was lucky...
32.5K 2.9K 54
**ATTENTION! This is a sequel to Not the Only One. Please please don't read any further until you read it! - SPOILERS ahead! All of the characters wi...
646K 16.1K 44
Madison Rosales is not your typical 22- year-old. While everyone her age is out graduating college? She's only getting started. While everyone is out...