The Optimist

Per storiesbymo

"Stay positive." "Just smile." "Don't worry." Do these words sound familiar? Well if you attend Sun Hills Hi... Més

prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty four
forty five
epilogue
deleted ideas

forty three

1.4K 132 17
Per storiesbymo

Nadia

. . .

"Remember to go easy when you turn your neck, okay? When someone speaks to you, make sure not to go through the stress of turning because it will strain your neck. Also, make sure that their directly in front of you or in your forward line of vision so you can avoid any further injuries with your neck." Dr. Morgan goes over Jacob's recovery plan as he sits in the wheelchair, barely nodding, but I know he hears her.

I listen, too.

"You'll be able to get the neck brace removed before prom if you'd like, because with patience, it's expected to heal by then. You can also get it loosend or tightened depeding it's movement during your recovery. If you feel like you can't breath or swallowing is difficult, contact the hospital immediately." She hands him the greeting last card from his room, sent by one of his friends. Craig, I think. She raises an eyebrow, shifting her vision between the both of us.

"Don't ever try that stunt again, Perez. Think about the conseuqences she'll suffer." She says, referring to me. I can't help but blush a little as Jacob nods and closes his his, smiling. She returns the gesture, patting Jacob's knee and then hugging me tightly. "You're lucky, you two are." She winks, finally leaving.

Jacob slowly puts his hand to his neck, feeling the thick white brace around it. "Don't laugh. I know I look crazy with this marshmallow around my neck." I laugh at his joke, glad the old Jacob is coming back. Even thought I'll never be able to feel the pain he's in or went through, I definitely don't want to. I put my hand over his and smile.

"We are lucky, Jacob." I say, gazing at the sun above. It smiles at us.

"Yes, we are, Nadia."

. . .

Works Cited : Twitter and Fanlala. Comment! Sorry for the blurry photo! -Mo

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

68.3K 1.5K 71
Jacob Perez, an ordinary teen who was living the ordinary life. With his best friend India, and her hectic life, he couldn't help but get pulled in...
368K 7.9K 85
This is a Mindless Behavior epidemic. These sultry, lust-filled imagines will blow your mind.
1.6K 129 20
This is the trilogy to the Unfaithful series. (Look on my page for the 1st and 2nd books) The August family has been through hell and back, but now t...
557K 16.3K 26
(Mindless behavior FanFiction) Ray and his dad just moved in with his dads girlfriend, who he soon wants to ask to marry. Jacob being the dads girlfr...