My Villain

By fluffysugarsock

What if the villain in the story you wrote is YOUR hero? Shen Yue, author of best selling novel "Two Wrongs M... More

Disclaimer
Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine

Chapter Eighty

2.1K 113 49
By fluffysugarsock

"Great love stories do not begin great. Sometimes they begin with hate, a lot of misunderstanding, quite a handful of prejudices, and more often than not... they never start when and where you expect them to.

And really those are the contradictions that I now try to write of – the moments when two souls cross each other, recognize each other, unconsciously reach out to each other but find that it isn't always that easy.

I write for the moments when the soul overpowers the body and lets the body, mind and heart, know that "Hey! There's our soul mate!" And somewhere up above someone cackles in laughter because He knows this is bound to happen and nothing on earth can stop it.

I always hope that everyone CAN experience a love like that but for those who are still waiting for that to happen, I pray that what I write can be a source of comfort to them."

Thunderous applause met her answer to the question and Shen Yue cannot help but flash a smile.

The prestige and pride that being invited as a speaker for a writer's conference, alongside some of the people she has always admired, brings her so much happiness, she has been smiling since the start of the day.

Her facial muscles don't even feel strained.

"Thank you Ms. Shen", the host tells her and then faces the crowd, "And thank you too to all of you who are here with us now. You have made our talk on "Romance" one of the most attended segments of our conference and we look forward to seeing you later at 4 PM for our discussion on "Horror" with Yan Lianke."

Representatives from the conference went up on stage with a plaque.

"Of course, before we let Ms. Shen go, we would like to thank her for gracing us with her presence and sharing as much as she can of her creative process to us. Please accept this plaque of appreciation and we hope that we can once again invite you to the next conference."

Yue posed for pictures and shook hands with everyone on stage.

As they escorted towards the exit, a couple of attendees stopped her for autographs and pictures and she hugged all of them in gratitude.

Some people had her signing copies of "Two Wrongs Make a Right" but there were more who had copies of her most recent book, the sequel to TWMR, "Someone Right In Front Of You".

"Miss Shen, thank you for writing this. I love Zhihao and Chin and their story gave me so much hope", one woman told her, someone probably just the same age as she is, "I hope you write a third book for Kai. I love that villain!"

She laughed. "We'll see."

She signed her book and enthusiastically took a photo.

"Shen Yue, you have to let me know when you're releasing the book because I will make sure not to release mine on the same day", a familiar voice said from behind her and she looked back to see another Romance writer, Ouyang Nana.

"NANA!!!!", she exclaimed as they hugged each other.

If they could term themselves as batch mates, they would have.

They both started writing at the same time and released their first books during the same year, maturing under the reading public's watchful eye. However, Nana has always been the more adventurous writer as she, more often than not, incorporates several genres in her writing.

"I woke up late", Nana now complained with a pout, "I missed half of your talk!"

Yue felt touched that her friend had even bothered to attend. "Idiot! You write better than I do."

The other writer gave her a disbelieving look. "You're the idiot. Stop talking like that. Anyway, I just need to buy something from the book stands. Let's go in together for Yan Lianke's discussion?"

"Sure. I'll just go near the pond to make a call."

They agreed to meet up again at the hall's entrance before splitting up and she walked a little further away to find a place where she can talk to Liu Tao, her publisher.

"Jie, I just saw your message now. I'm sorry I couldn't respond immediately. I was on my way up to the podium when you sent your message", she immediately apologized.

"Yue, don't apologize. I know you might already be scheduled to speak when I sent out that message", the publisher replied, "Anyway... the reprints come in by Monday next week and we would like for you to sign a hundred copies. I already talked to Wang Ke and He Di about the party but they want to do so many things, I regret ever roping the two of them in. At the end of the day, it is your party Yue. I know you want to do it for the fans and you might have ideas of your own already. Can you and He Di talk about it?"

She shook her head in amusement.

Seriously, DiDi rarely gets involved with MANTRA despite the fact that he is now a partner.

But when it comes to how she and her books are handled, she always finds him at the forefront.

For someone who admitted to her that he partnered with Wang Ke because he initially wanted to find a way to stop her from publishing her second book, he is definitely showing more support for it than anyone else.

She actually tried talking to him about it before but like a doting father, he got miffed about being asked to step back a little. She even remembers him saying, "I'm just doing it for you."

"I'm sorry, Tao-Jie. I will talk to DiDi."

"You do that", the older woman declared "While I beat sense in to Wang Ke too. They're too happy about the reception for the second book, they already forgot that your purpose for this party is to celebrate it with the fans. The way they've been planning it enthusiastically, one will think it's a gala night instead. BUT I am fine with that if it's also what you want, dear. Although, because I know you, I know that you probably want your interaction with fans of the book to be more intimate."

Those helpless idiots, she thought. "Thank you for letting me know, Jie. I will definitely talk to DiDi later."

After that, her editor asked about the conference and how her talk was. If the woman is not busy with deadlines, Yue is sure she would have come with her too.

"I am so happy you got to participate in this year's Authors' Conference. You know THAT has always been my dream for you."

The home of creative writing, the annual Authors' Conference, has always been a dream for Yue so not only is the experience surreal, it has been making her heart pound for days now.

"I just met Ouyang Nana too. She will be talking about "Fantasy" tomorrow so I will definitely be attending that. And in just a few, we're both going in to listen to Yan Lianke talk about "Horror"."

Liu Tao laughed on the other line. "I like how they arranged today's line-up. After the Romance genre, they put in Horror. It's almost like real life."

The observation made her smile. "It continues tomorrow. Before Nana's "Fantasy" talk, they have the "Investigative Non-Fiction" genre."

"I love their sense of humor", the older woman laughed, "Anyway, enjoy yourself and update me when you and He Di finally talk! Take care and I will see you when you are back in Beijing."

"Thank you, Tao-Jie. You have a great day!"

She pocketed her phone and walked back to the Hall.

She got stopped a few times again by people who want pictures with her and autographs and she happily obliged.

She found Nana flocked by her fans too and she waved her over.

They entered the auditorium when the five minute before start announcement was made and allowed themselves to be immersed in the world of words once again.

***

"I'm sure you'll start writing a romantic horror story after this", Nana told her as they exited the auditorium.

"I've always wanted to do that, you know. Incorporate genres as good as you do. But I'm not confident yet."

"I think you just need to go for it! When you start to write, things become easier eventually and you'll find yourself having an easier time experimenting."

"Well... the first time is always the hardest."

"You're telling me!"

There was a tap to Yue's shoulders before she could respond to Nana and they both looked back at a young, bespectacled guy holding a note out.

"Uhmmmm...", he gulped, "Ms. Shen Yue?"

Her brows furrowed. "Yes?"

"Someone asked if I could give this to you", he handed her the note, "Ahhhhh... I'm a –"

Nana smiled at him and took the initiative to ask if he would like a picture with them.

He looked absolutely star-struck and before focusing on the note, Yue gamely posed with the young man.

"Who asked you to give this?", she asked him after he took a picture with Nana.

He blushed to the very roots of his hair. "Your secret admirer."

He shyly smiled at the two of them after that declaration and rushed to say goodbye.

"What will you do? Isn't your boyfriend the jealous type?", Nana wondered, looking every bit as impish as a "smirk" emoji.

"He isn't the jealous type because there isn't anything to be jealous about", she answered as she looked at the note.

She cannot decipher the handwriting.

She looks around her and sees no one looking at either her or Nana. Whoever gave the note must be off somewhere, hiding from view.

"Are you not going to read that?"

Yue bit at her lip. "Should I read it? What if I just throw it away? It's from a secret admirer after all."

The other woman's eyes widened. "OH MY GOD! What if THAT person is actually a fan and they see you throwing this away?!?! Shen Yue! We should open it and ready it."

"Hold on! Hold on! Why do you want to read this too???"

"I'm STILL a Romance writer, Yue. How can I resist a secret admirer's note?"

She rolled her eyes at her friend, laughed, and then opened the envelope.

Inside, it said. "I'm waiting for you near the beach."

She flipped the note but found nothing else. Yantai University boasts of one of the best seaside views in the country. Who could this be?

"SHEN YUE!!!!", Nana shouted in excitement.

She was immediately reluctant, however. "I don't think I should go."

"Shen Yue, don't say that! What if this is really just a fan like the guy who gave it to you and just wanted to express their admiration? You can always let them down but isn't it better to do it in person rather than ghosting them altogether? Besides, we'll both be here tomorrow. Whoever this is might resort to other tactics so this could be a better option."

In all honesty, she has had encounters with all types of people who admire her writing, but this is the first time she has ever had to talk to someone who introduced themselves as a secret admirer. As a girl with a boyfriend, it feels eerie.

"I'm really not sure about this..."

Nana, her eyes fired up, took Yue's hand, and marched her all the way to the University's beach side.

"Yue, whoever this person is, you have to give him or her (if it's a her), a proper answer. I mean, there's nothing wrong with doing something like that right? Tell this person thank you and inform them you have a boyfriend. And I'm here with you too. If it's a creep we'll both just run away."

The other woman is too flippant about it that she wondered whether she could be over-reacting.

But she really cannot help it.

She doesn't like entertaining overtures like this, especially now that she's with DiDi.

Besides, what kind of person calls themself her admirer when they live here in Shandong and probably have never met her in their life?

It must surely be just one of the students.

"There's the beach!", Nana announced, and the discomfort Yue felt continued to eat up her stomach.

"It's full of students", she commented, "How do we even know who we're looking for?"

"Well, whoever this is probably knows who you are. Let's wait awhile and see who approaches you!!!", Nana let her hand go and turned to look around them. She watched her friend walk towards one of the benches facing the sea and talk to a student.

She cannot feel giddy from all the tension eating her insides. Nana is right in saying that there is nothing wrong in meeting someone who claims to be an admirer just so she can let them know she has a boyfriend but how does she even explain this thing to DiDi.

It would be weird.

And... well... should she even bother him with something like this? Won't she sound like she's bragging to him that she has an admirer???

Music blared from somewhere, making her and Nana look bizarrely at one another.

"OH MY GOD!", Yue thought as the people who they thought are students started to move in unison

It is going to be a mob flash dance.

She looked once again at Nana and the woman is looking just as confused as she is.

One of the dancers stopped in the middle and started to sing...

Your kiss, your smile, your mind
You're sunlight in my eyes
I miss your breath on my neck
When we whisper in the night

Another one belted...

Didn't wanna want you
Didn't wanna need you so bad
Didn't wanna wake up
And find that I was falling so fast
Didn't wanna need you
Didn't wanna need anyone
Now look what you've done

And then a voice she would know anywhere filled the air.

She looked around for him but cannot find him as the dancers increased and she started being showered with flowers.

Now I can't go on without you
I'm naked, I can't fake it
I'm not that strong without you
Never thought I could love you the way I do

Yue cannot believe it.

The mob started to sing the second part of the song in unison as they parted in half and she saw her brother, of all people, walking towards her with a red tulip.

"Yang, what are you doing here?", she asked as her heart began to race.

Yang smiled and hugged her, signaling to her that his lips are sealed.

The crowd continued to sing and after Yang, Xiao Wen came out with another tulip.

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON??????

It is not their anniversary yet.

It is not their monthsary.

It is not even their weeksary (if he is counting that).

It is not her birthday and most definitely NOT his birthday.

Dare she hope that this means he is...

Your touch, your skin, can't believe the way you let me in

Don't rush tonight, I need you like the ocean needs the tide

Didn't wanna want you
Didn't wanna need you so bad
Didn't wanna wake up
And find that I was falling so fast
Didn't wanna need you
Didn't wanna need anyone
Now look what you've done

Now I can't go on without you
I'm naked, I can't fake it
I'm not that strong without you
Never thought I could love you the way I do

Xiao Tian and Xi Ze came out (at the same time with all the pomp and flare of roguish rakes put in the wrong century. Between the two of them, they twirled her around as the music played).

Yi Fan (who high-fived her and kissed her on the cheek).

Zhi Ting (who just kept grinning at her like an idiot. Teary-eyed and almost at a loss for words).

Xi Zi (who hugged her so tightly she almost lost her balance).

And then Xin (who is crying but still refused to tell her anything).

Kido (who took both her shoulders, looked her dead in the eye, and told her "Jiayou!").

Zi Wei (who is crying as badly as Xin that Yue found herself hugging her instead).

And in what made her heart flip over gazillion times... her Father.

She still is not sure what is going on but seeing her Father finally made her tears fall.

"Pa?"

"Yue, I love you forever. Remember that and never forget it, ok?", he answered as he enveloped her in a hug, "And all I want is for you to always always always be happy."

She nodded as she hugged him back as there is nothing in the world she can say to him as waves of emotion engulfed her.

Her Father always looked out for them, but he has never been as vocal about it as he has been in the past months, from the time he feared they might lose her.

It seems stupid, somehow, that there was a time she thought she was not someone her father could be proud of because all she ever does is write.

But he has always been there for her, even in the smallest ways, and now... she is at a loss for words.

She tightened her arms around him.

I always thought I would stand on my own
Climb a mountain top all alone
Relying, depending on no one
Now look at what you've done

Now I can't go on without you
I'm naked, I can't fake it
I'm not that strong without you
Never thought I could love you the way I do

The crowd formed together again and amidst the tears, the continuous shower of petals, and her emotions that are swirling about as if in a hurricane, it took her a second to absorb the fact that Wang He Di is now walking towards her, holding nothing, arms wide open.

She ran to him and allowed the man to calm her heart down before it fully exploded from all the happiness she is feeling.

"Why are you here?", she asked... stupidly... honestly.

"Because you are here", he answered... perfectly... always oh so perfectly, "Where else would I be?"

She swatted a hand against his arm. "What is this?"

He kissed her on the forehead then and very suavely, took a box out of his pocket, kneeled in front of her, opened the box to show an exquisite diamond ring, and said... "There is no one in the world I want to be with... just you. Miss Shen Yue, will you do me the honor of becoming Mrs. Wang Yue in the future? I will only accept "Yes" and "Yes" as a valid answer."

All around them, people waited in bated breath.

The setting sun is turning everything gold, the wind is whispering hope, her heart is drumming inside her as if it would never beat again, and the man in front of her is looking at her as if she is the answer to every prayer he has ever made.

He has to know.

She has to tell him.

Yue kneeled as well and took his face in her hands. "Before I give my answer, Mr. Wang... I want to know if you will do me the honor of becoming my hero in every page of our story together from here on out?"

The man looked at her as if she's an angel who has fallen from heaven, closed his eyes, and allowed his tears to fall. 

"No more Mister Villain?", he asked in a voice that reminded her of all the battles he has fought, of the sacrifices he has made... and the love he has given her no matter their circumstances.

How can he still think of himself a Villain?

She laughed amidst her own tears. "No more Mister Villain."

He kissed her on the lips. "Well, Ms. Shen... I promise you that I will be your hero in every page of our story together from here on out."

"Well then, Mr. Wang... yes. I would like to be Mrs. Wang Yue in the very near future." It feels so good to say it so she screamed it aloud. "YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!"

He fit the ring on her finger and hugged her as shouts of joy erupted all around them.

"GUYS, THEY'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!", Wu Xi Ze announced.

If she isn't as happy as a lark, Yue knows she would have punched the other guy in the arm for being redundant.

But she is happy.

And what Xi Ze just shouted is true... IT. IS. TRUE.

Soon... she is going to be Wang He Di's wife....

Mrs. Wang Yue.

- END -

***

Author's Note:

Dear Reader, Friend, Beloved Angel...

Thank you for reading this rework.

It has not been an easy task to translate this story from the original as more than merely translating the story, I have transformed it to fit our beloved #DIYUE and to update the story as well.

There have been misses. There have been lots of opportunities for improvements. And I thank you so much for walking through all those for me.

Truly.

Thank you.

So now... this story ends and I venture towards new beginnings for new stories.

I hope you have enjoyed this as much as I had fun reworking it and reimagining it with new faces.

I shall see you in another #DIYUEVERSE.

Always. Always. Always be safe and healthy.

- Mai

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.4K 1K 32
Stiles and Stuart Stillinski are new at Beacon Hills Highschool.But what happens when they both fall in love with the same girl, Lydia Martin.
17.2K 641 25
Han Hyerin was her name when she turned back in time to the Joseon Dynasty. Her intelligence and elegance had destined her to live her life as the ro...
55.3K 3K 30
The story begins during the month of December. "If we have beginning, will we have our ending?" [This is the first story I wrote. Bare with this.]
1M 45.1K 90
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC