Vice | j.jk āœ”ļø

By partaeon

Like a bad habit, we find our way back to each other. No matter what terrible things we put each other though... More

one: the disappearance
two: suspicious
four: seduction
five: VP Jeon
six: liar
seven: relate
eight: the man at the funeral
nine: wedding
ten: sweet emotions
eleven: hotel room
twelve: selfish
thirteen: partner
fourteen: plan
fifteen: eyes on me
sixteen: kick
seventeen: tomorrow
eighteen: winter wonderland
nineteen: skating
twenty: heart beat
twenty one: numb feet
twenty two: warm body
twenty three: motel room
twenty four: talk to me
twenty five: president
twenty six: shares
twenty seven: a gift
twenty eight: everything
twenty nine: giving in
thirty: spoonful
thirty one: surprise
thirty two: crazier
thirty three: company vote
thirty four: lost and found
thirty five: apartment
thirty six: knuckles
thirty seven: crave you
thirty eight: fall
thirty nine: crooked
forty: the whole truth
forty one: monster
forty two: lucky
forty three: jimin
forty-four: face reality
fourty-five: life goes on

three: interrogation

1.4K 66 2
By partaeon

Vote and comment !!

══════════════════

══════════════════

November 26
Aira's

After my interrupted slumber from the night before, I fluttered my eyes open slowly. The view of the city from the large window was enjoyable but I would've enjoyed it better if maybe I knew whether my brother was alive or not. The feeling of uneasiness never did leave me that day.

To add to the uneasiness, the sheets still smelled like the vice president of the company, Jungkook, who so kindly let me spend the night. He makes me feel strangely uncomfortable. To put it simply, I didn't like him. Never did. Kindness from him just seemed out of character.

I creeped out of the bed and put my shirt back on. I walked around the apartment a little with my index finger dragging on the furniture again. The minimalistic interior was calming in a way.

My eyes landed on a door just across from the room I had slept it. Curiously, I swung the door open just to see what it held.

Inside was a large desk with a computer and papers neatly placed on it.

Ah this must be his home office.

It felt wrong to go inside but he wouldn't ever know. He wasn't home anyway. I sat down on the large office chair and looked at the computer screen. The wallpaper was just simply the default and the applications were neatly organized.

There was one framed picture on his desk. I picked it up to get a closer look. A gentle smile grew on my lips as I looked at the picture of my brother and Jungkook, shaking hands and like always, dressed in suits. My brother had a wide smile while, as expected, Jungkook wore a subtle smile with just the corners of his mouth curled up.

I smiled at my brother's face, my thumb running over it slowly.

I placed the picture down where it was originally and leaned back into the chair with a sigh. How could there be no information at all about what happened to him? Jungkook must know something...

I stared at the neat stack of papers and files and hesitantly began to shuffle through them. I have the right to know what really happened! Unfortunately, they were all just normal business reports and what not. I let out an annoyed breath.

Next, I opened a wide drawer. It was pretty empty with just a fountain pen, a container for glasses and some scissors. It frustrated me that his office was so normal. Nothing strange.

I tried opening the drawer on the left but to my surprise it was firm in place. "Locked..." I mumbled.

Why was this one locked but none of the others? What could he possibly be hiding in there?

There must be a key somewhere here...

"Looking for something?" a chilling voice made my body jolt away from the desk and heart jump.

I shot off the chair and gulped subtly, trying not to look fazed. Jeon Jungkook stood tall at the doorway, his hip leaned against it and his arms crossed over his muscular chest. Unlike the split moment in which I saw him differently the night before, he was polished again. His hair was perfectly done and his attire was as classy as ever.

The two black pupils staring at me stirred a feeling of uneasiness in the pit of my stomach.

"No, I was just looking around.."

"I don't know, Aira. It looks like you're searching for something," he hummed with a knowing gaze.

"I— I don't need to explain myself to you," I mustered with my chin held high and headed for the door to stomp past him.

"I think you do."

In just a quick moment, a large hand encircled my wrist and pulled me to whirl around and finally stand against the doorframe. Now with my back pressed against the doorframe, I stared at him with big eyes before scoffing.

"Wh- what do you think you're doing?" I demanded but I was a mess on the inside.

I held my breath unknowingly when the vice president inched his face closer to mine, exuding dominance with a mix of annoyance. The two black holes of his eyes sucked in every bit of bravery I was trying to muster up in the moment. I've never stood so close to him in all my years of knowing him.

"I don't like people putting their hands over my things," he said lowly, voice quiet and calm but holding a slight undertone of hostility.

I swallowed hard, chest rising as I inhaled through my nose sharply. Quickly, I planted my palms on his hard chest and shoved him enough to give me room to flee. Without another word, I rushed out of the apartment and scurried into the elevator which was conveniently already waiting for me.

What the hell was that?!

[❈]

Not too long after fleeing from Jungkook's apartment, I went to my parents' house. It was time to start living life with my brother being "dead". Undoubtedly, I could not bring myself to even think that he's actually dead. It seemed fishy to me but my parents did not share the views as me.

"What?! You can't seriously think he's dead!" I shouted.

Mom had thick tears built up in her eyes and a picture of my brother clutched in her hand, on her heart.

My dad sighed tiredly, looking at me. "Honey, he's been gone for almost over a week now..."

"So! How does that equate to death? Has his body been found? No, it hasn't."

"There are so many things that could happen out there in the world. Don't you think if he were still alive, he would have found a way to communicate with us or the vice president?" he explained with a calm voice, arm wrapped around my mom's trembling body.

"You can't be serious right now. What if he's been taken somewhere and is being kept from making contact with anyone?" I stared at him incredulously.

"You're just gonna give up on him?" I scoff.

"The police have been investigating relentlessly and they haven't found any leads at all. There's no way for us to do anything..." he let out a breath, eyes watery.

"We can find a way if we work hard enough! Dad, we have to save hi-"

"That's enough, Aira. Your mother is tired, she needs rest. Let's continue this conversation later," he interrupted me, his concerned eyes on my mom.

My eyes shifted to my poor mom who was well into the grieving process for her only son. The fiery determination and frustration within me cooled down as sympathy took over. I let out a heavy breath.

"Okay. M-make sure to eat something today," I looked down.

Dad nodded and I made my way outside. As I walked out the main door, I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone that I had turned off before.

(6) Missed Calls from Jimin

With a sigh, I dialed his number. The phone rang for only two beats before he answer the call.

"Hey, you called?" I said.

"Aira, oh my god, I was worried about you... I heard about what happened," Jimin said, voice gentle with a sense of concern.

"How are you?" he asked.

"Well.. I'm dealing," I said tiredly.

"Let's meet today okay? I wanna see you,"

"Sure,"

[❈]

My friend and I met at a local coffee shop and sat down together at a table for two right next to a large window with a view of a serene garden. The world seemed greyer than usual. The sun wasn't shining.

He gave me his condolences and talked with me about how I feel with sympathy pouring out of his sweet eyes. I told him what happened the night before.

"You stayed at his place? Wasn't that uncomfortable?" Jimin was surprised.

"It was but, I didn't feel safe going home so late." I explained with a slight frown

"You could have called me you know. There's always a spot for you at my place,"

I smiled at him a little. "I realize it now. I just wasn't thinking straight last night after the bomb dropped on me,"

"It's okay, I get it." he reassured softly.

"Jimin, to be honest, I know he's not exactly a saint but I can't help but feel a little guilty for how I acted," I sighed, looking out the window.

"Hm?"

"I might've gone through his whole office while he was gone. I feel bad because well, he was actually kind of— nice." I said hesitantly.

"You did that?"

I nodded. "Yeah.. I know I shouldn't have but I don't know, I figured that he must know something."

He was completely rude and inappropriate when he pressed me up against the doorway though... Why should I feel bad for trying to hang on to my thread of hope that my brother could be alive?

"Do you really think Jungkook knows something about what happened? Wouldn't he have contributed any information to the police?" Jimin tilted his head with questioning eyes.

"I... I think he knows more than he lets on,"

There's no way he doesn't know anything at all.

I suddenly emerged from my seat and looked at my friend. "Jimin, I'm sorry but I have something to do right now. Can we meet later?"

"Y-yeah thats fine. Do you need a ride?" He asked with one side of mouth slightly curled up.

"No, it's okay. I'm in the mood for a bus ride," I refused.

I'll need the time to think.

[❈]

The destination I chose impulsively was of course Yugn. I was filled to the brim with determination to extract information out of Jeon Jungkook.

Once I found myself up to the top floor, I asked to meet with the vice president with my chin held high and spine straight.

"He's in a meeting right now." his secretary said, chipping off a bit of my confidence.

"I can wait." I said, stiffly smiling.

I sat on a chair outside of his office, running my thumb over the back of my feet which was stinging. I took off my uncomfortable heels that I hadn't gotten a chance to change out of and hissed at the blisters it left.

Why did I wear these stupid shoes...?

"Aira, to what do I owe such pleasure?" Jungkook's icy voice made the hairs on my body go stiff and rise.

I looked up at him from my seat. "I need to talk to you." I said, grimacing at the pain of my shoes as I stood.

Noticing my discomfort he raised an eyebrow.
"Your glass slippers hurting you?" he asked in a mocking tone.

"I'm a very busy person so you need to make this quick," he said more seriously before I could comment on his sarcasm.

Jungkook pushed open the large doors to his office and entered with me trailing behind him. He sat down on a spinning chair on the other side of his desk and rested his chin on the back of his hand as he watched me not sit down.

I inhaled sharply, trying to shoot him an intimidating look. "I want you to-" I started to say.

"Tell you about your brother's disappearance."  he said so blankly.

I was taken back by his accuracy for a brief moment.

"There's no way he disappeared without a trace. You know something don't you?" I demanded, looking at him in the eyes, still trying to intimidate.

Of course it would fail. Jeon Jungkook was the kind of man to have a very limited amount of facial expressions and feel a very limited amount of emotions. Intimidated wasn't one.

"Listen, Aira. I know what the police know and that's all." He sighed.

"No. I spoke to the detective on the case on my way here and he said that you were the last person with him before he... you know." I said.

"What did you guys talk about? Could you at least tell me that much?"

"We talked about confidential company information. You know I can't tell you that stuff." Jungkook said, maintaining his monotone voice.

"Tell me what you can then." I was determined to learn something new.

"Fine." he sighed, visibly annoyed but I didn't care.

[FLASHBACK
JUNGKOOK'S]

Only a few hours before the estimated time of disappearance, my business partner and I had sat down on the roof of Yugn as the sun set, painting the sky in orange and pink. We liked to wind down after busy days up there when the weather allowed it.

Sitting next to me, he smiled as he breathed in a puff of fresh air. "This is so nice." my business partner sighed with relaxation.

I nodded as a corner of my mouth curled up slightly. "It is." I agreed.

There was a comfortable silence for a moment before he broke it.

"I really need to visit my parents and Aira soon. I haven't seen them in a while." He said, looking at the orange sky.

"I haven't seen them for a while too. How is everyone?" I asked him, watching birds fly in the sky freely.

"Everyone is good. Aira's probably crazy busy with finishing off her university life," he chuckled.

"Oh, she's in fourth year?"

"Yeah, it's crazy to think about how my baby sis grew up so quick. You met her when she was only in high school." he reminisced with a fond smile on his lips.

"She never did like me," I scoffed, tilting my head up with my eyes closed.

"Hey, that's not true,"

I looked at him and raised my brows.

"Okay fine, it's true" he laughed and I belted out a chuckle.

It was silent for a minute after that and we both stared up at the clouds, lost in our own thoughts. I noticed him turn his head to look at me and did the same.

"You know, I feel a little..." he suddenly began to say. "I can't find the word. Uneasy?"

"Hm? What do you mean?" I questioned.

He paused for a moment and then smiled dismissively. "Nevermind."

I felt something was strange so, I questioned it again. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I don't even know why I said that. I guess I just miss my family." he laughed it off.

It was clear he didn't want to be questioned any further so I backed off. I suppose I could see why he felt uneasy. Like he mentioned, he hadn't seen his family for a while and I'm fully aware that he values family a lot. A few minutes later, I asked him if he wanted to leave together but he told me I could go on and that he had to take care of something quickly.

So, just like that, I packed my things for the day and left after saying goodbye.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

"That's it?" I questioned, eyes narrowing at the man.

"Look, I have work to do so if you don't mind," Jungkook let out a breath, gesturing his hands towards the door.

"Fine, we'll finish this conversation later," I glared at him for his tone of voice and whirled around to begin walking to the door.

Though my back was fast against him, I felt his eyes on me so, I briefly glanced over my shoulder which proved my suspicions correct. The vice president was leaned back in his seat now, elbows propped on the arm rests and darkly intense eyes burning into me. I quickly looked away and continued my route out.

He knows something. He has to know something.

I was positive he knew something. Jeon Jungkook was not somebody who was easy to trust just like that. I needed to get him to warm up to me somehow...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.6K 4.6K 55
Kim Seokjin and Kim Jimin, brothers with different goals in life. Kim Jimin married right after college, while Kim Seokjin hoping to finish college a...
5.4K 305 15
He was alone, but the other one was always there for him, He was scared, but the other one always say sweet words to calm him, when he needed someon...
1.2M 53.4K 68
"I'm not a kitten, Y/n." Jungkook smirks while closing in on me, my back hitting the wall. His hands that are on either side of me block my escape a...
1.5K 124 7
Jimin tries to leave Jungkook, who is offended he has the nerve. Notes: Before you read this story please understand that Jungkook is not a good pers...