The 2nd Chance (Yizhan)

By NatalieTaehyung

Xiao Zhan is an orphan who got adopted a lot of times but because of being unsociable he was sent back every... More

Character Information part 1
Character information part 2
Character information part 3
Prologue 1: Wangji's POV
Prologue 2: 3rd POV
Prologue 3: 3rd POV
Chapter 1: 3rd POV
Chapter 2: 3rd POV and Yibo's POV
Chapter 3: 3rd POV
Chapter 4: 3rd POV
Chapter 5: 3rd POV
Chapter 6: 3rd POV
Chapter 7: Yibo's POV
Chapter 8: Yibos POV & 3rd POV
Chapter 9: 3rd POV
Chapter 10: Yibo POV
Chapter 11: Yibos POV
Chapter 12: 3rd POV
Chapter 13: 3rd POV
Chapter 14: 3rd POV
Chapter 15: 3rd POV
Chapter 16: 3rd POV
Chapter 17: 3rd POV
Chapter 18: 3rd POV
Chapter 20: 3rd POV
Chapter 21: Yibo's POV
Chapter 22: Yibo's POV
Chapter 23: Haikuan's POV
Chapter 24: Yibo's POV
Chapter 25: Yibo's POV
Chapter 26: Yibo's POV
Chapter 27: Xiao Zhan's POV
Chapter 28: Yibo's POV
Chapter 29: Haikuan's POV
Chapter 30: Yibo's POV
Chapter 31: Xiao Zhan's POV
Chapter 32: Yibo's POV
Chapter 33: 3rd POV
Chapter 34: Yibo's POV
Chapter 35: Yibo's POV
Chapter 36: Yibo's POV
Chapter 37: 3rd POV
Chapter 38: Yibo's POV
Chapter 39: Yibo's POV
Chapter 40: Yibo's POV
Chapter 41: Yibo's POV
Chapter 42: Haikuan's POV
Chapter 43: Meng Yao's POV
Chapter 44: Yibo's POV
Chapter 45: Yibo's POV
Chapter 46: Yibo's POV
Chapter 47: Yibo's POV
Chapter 48: Yibo's POV
Chapter 49: Yibo's POV
Chapter 50: Xiao Zhan's POV
Chapter 51: Xiao Zhan's POV
Chapter 52: Xiao Zhan's POV
Chapter 53: Yibo's POV
Chapter 54: Yibo's POV
Chapter 55: Yibo's POV
Chapter 56: Yibo's POV
Chapter 57: 3rd POV
Chapter 58: 3rd POV
Chapter 59: Xiao Zhan's POV
Chapter 60: 3rd POV
Chapter 61: 3rd POV
Chapter 62: Different POV's
Chapter 63: Zhan's POV
Chapter 64: Zhan's POV
Chapter 65: Xiao Zhan's POV and 3rd POV
Chapter 66: 3rd POV and Zhan's POV
Chapter 67: Bowen's POV
Chapter 68: Zhan's POV and Bowen's POV.
Chapter 69: Zhan's POV
FINAL Chapter 70: Different POVs
EPILOGUE: Zhan's POV

Chapter 19 : 3rd POV

11.3K 723 225
By NatalieTaehyung

Like I said this chapter is quite Long (around 4000 words ^^) so there are probably a little more mistakes ... I hope you dont mind....  ^^ 

A little reminder for the future: 

"What is going on?"     means someone is talking 

'What is going on?'      means someone is thinking 

>What is going on?<   means someone is writing

And all the pictures I got from the internet!

That is it already ^^ Have fun reading  :) :)

"Wow" Yibo is stunned and turned around to see Xiao Zhan's reaction. The younger boy stood there with his mouth open and looked around.

Haikuan stayed at the door and was impressed as well. One side of the room was designed as an art studio, with an easel, canvases, color palettes and paintbrushes. 

The other side was suitable for someone who works as a graphic designer.

'Who knows, maybe Xiao Zhan is skilled in that area too?' Haikuan thought and observed Xiao Zhan who ran from one side to the other and explored every detail.

"What do you think, Xiao Zhan? Do you like it?" Haikuan asked.

Xiao Zhan turned around with a bright smile and nodded. He run up to Haikuan and hugged him tightly. Haikuan almost tripped but could hold his balance in the last moment and wrapped his arms around the younger boy. He gave him a peck on his head. "Glad you like it. Hope you have fun with with it." he said and hugged Xiao Zhan back.

At the corner of his eyes Haikuan could see his little brother frowning again while looking at them hugging. Haikuan chuckled secretly. 

"Hey Xiao Zhan. How about thanking Yibo too? Maybe with a hug? Or else he will be sad..." he whispered in the younger boy's ears without letting Yibo out of his sight.

When Yibo saw Haikuan whispering something in Xiao Zhan's ears, he felt weird. 'What is this feeling? Am I mad? But why?'  Yibo is clueless. A moment later he was pulled out of his thoughts when Xiao Zhan wrapped his arms around Yibo and hugged him. The feeling from earlier was gone.

Haikuan saw this and suppressed his laughter. 'I never knew my brother can be this cute' .

"Yibo, how about showing Xiao Zhan what you bought yesterday?" he asked and looked at his little brother. Xiao Zhan broke the hug and looked questioningly at Yibo.

"Right. Zhan, I bought something for our bunny. A shelter for his home for the next time it rains. How about we build it together today, all three of us?" he asked the younger boy. Xiao Zhan nodded happily and together the three of them went down to the living room, got the two bags and walked to the garden.

Together they build the shelter and without a manual they needed the whole day to finish it. At the end of the day the shelter was built. They played with the bunny for a while and laughed together till Yibo saw how tired Xiao Zhan was.

"Lets go back inside, brother." Yibo said and pointed slightly at Xiao Zhan. Haikuan nodded with a smile.

"Xiao Zhan, what should we eat for dinner? It should be something easy..." Yibo said and thought about different dishes.

"Spaghetti?" Haikuan suggested.

"That's a good choice." Yibo smiled at his brother.

Without further delay Haikuan cooked together with Yibo. Xiao Zhan sat at the counter and observed the two brothers. He almost fell asleep but Haikuan shook his shoulder gently.

"Xiao Zhan, lets eat first. After that you can go to bed. Alright?" He asked and led him to the dining room. Yibo served the food and together they ate. Just when everyone finished eating Yibo stood up.

"I will bring Xiao Zhan to bed. Can you wash the dishes, brother?" he asked his brother while standing next to Xiao Zhan. 

"Are you trying to run off without doing your duty?" Haikuan chuckled.

"No... I can do it tomorrow, right?" Yibo asked back.

"Xiao Zhan what do you think? Should we let Yibo skip his duty just for today?" Haikuan winked at the younger boy. Xiao Zhan smiled tiredly and nodded.

"Yibo, please bring him to bed or else he will fell asleep here. I will do the dishes." Haikuan gave in.

Yibo took Xiao Zhan's hand and they walked up to the 3rd floor. Xiao Zhan was about to lay on his bed but Yibo didn't let him. "Didn't you forget something, Zhan? Brush your teeth first."

Xiao Zhan went to the bathroom and after brushing his teeth he went to his bed and fell asleep instantly. "Sometimes he behaves like a baby" Yibo chuckled.

He went to his own room, and brushed his teeth as well. When he was done he left the bathroom and wanted to sleep but his brother was awaiting him already.

"Again?" Yibo complained.

"Better safe than sorry" Haikuan answered and signaled Yibo to lay on his bed. Then he gave him another massage.

"It doesn't hurt that much anymore, you know" Yibo said.

"That's because of me. Or else you would be in pain. Don't forget that.... and another thing Yibo.... "

"Yes?"

"About this morning. Please don't let it happen again." Haikuan pleaded.

"I know I was wrong. I shouldn't have avoided him. It was my fault in the first place. I am sorry. I promise I will never do that again and I will never let him alone. Don't worry."

"That's my brother" Haikuan smiled.

"Today was fun." Yibo confessed.

"You are right. Tell me Yibo... do you like Xiao Zhan?" Haikuan asked Yibo.

"What is that for a question? Of course I do. I will be the best uncle for him. Wait and see..." Yibo said and Haikuan sighed and shook his head.  

"What was that for?" Yibo asked confused.

"Nothing. I am just .... happy. That you like him. That's all... So I am done..." Haikuan stopped and sat next to his little brother. "Yibo are you planning to go to the basketball training the day after tomorrow?"

"I want to. I didn't attended the last one, so I have to. But Xiao Zhan...."

"Don't worry about him. I will be here. Just because you don't want Xiao Zhan being without you doesn't mean you should give up your hobbies. Moreover isn't there a school match soon?" Haikuan asked smiling.

"Brother, please don't remind me of that! I am already nervous only thinking about it." Yibo complained.

"You don't have to. You are good. Better than anyone I know. Don't worry about it too much." Haikuan reassured. "By the way... about Xiao Zhan ... why are you frowning every time he is with me? If you do that I might think you are jealous and like him more that just as nephew..." Haikuan chuckled.

When Yibo didn't respond he looked at his little brother to see the latter sleeping peacefully.

"Wrong timing, huh?" Haikuan shook his head in amusement. "Yibo you are very smart. Why don't you realize you feelings? I saw the way you looked at him today, you know? And the way you smile whenever you think about him...I really hope you realize them soon. Don't be so shy" Haikuan stroke Yibos hair.

As the older brother himself was tired as well he decided to sleep next to his little brother. He dimmed the light, went under the blanked and fell asleep.

The next morning at 7am Haikuan was the first to wake up. But he didn't want to leave the bed just yet so he observed his little brother, who was sleeping next to him. 'I know it wasn't easy for you without our parents ... but I am happy you grew up being a responsible adult, Yibo.'  he thought and smiled.

Haikuan stood up and went to his room to take a shower. After that he prepared the breakfast. Then went back to his brother and tried to wake him up.

"Yibo, wake up. Its almost 8am already. Breakfast is ready." he said and gently shook his little brother's shoulders. But the latter just murmured something not understandable and cuddled deeper into the blankets.

"C'mon Yibo. You never let me sleep more when you tried to wake me up. Now you know how it feels. Wake up."

"Let me sleep. I am not waking up." Yibo grumbled, turned to theother side and continued to sleep.

'How can I get him up...?'  The older brother thought. 

Suddenly he had a big grin on his face. 'Let us test my baby brother, shall we?' he thought and stood up.

"Alright, Yibo. You can sleep more. I will go and wake Xiao Zhan up and we will eat the breakfast alone, without you..." Haikuan said loud while walking to the door.

That seemed to be a wake-up call for Yibo. He jumped up and frowned at his brother. "Why would you? No need. I will wake him up!" he said, almost growled. He went out of bed and into the bathroom.

Haikuan suppressed his laugh. 'Yibo, you are unbelievable'  he thought and sat down on Yibo's bed.

15 minutes later the younger brother came out after taking a shower. His clearly looked more relaxed after seeing his brother still in his room. 

"You can go down already. I will wake him up now." Yibo said to his brother and walked out of the room. After he closed the door Haikuan burst out laughing. "I cant believe he still didn't realize his feelings...." he said to himself and went down and served the table. Then he sat down and waited for the boys to come down.

Meanwhile Yibo carefully opened the door to Xiao Zhan's bed room and closed it behind him. When he walked up to to bed he saw Xiao Zhan tossing from one side to the other. He ran up to him and took the blanked away. He saw Xiao Zhan trembling and sweating all over. 'A nightmare?'  he thought and gently shook the younger boy's shoulders. But Xiao Zhan didn't wake up but silently cried.

So Yibo climbed onto the bed and carefully took Xiao Zhan in his arms. "Shhht." he rocked him back and forth. Xiao Zhan calmed down after a while.

Unnoticed by Yibo, his older brother stand at the door and observed them. First Haikuan wanted to run to the bed and look after Xiao Zhan as well but when he saw how Xiao Zhan calmed down he rejected that thought and left the room to give them some space. He went down again and waited.

Soon Xiao Zhan opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was Yibos worried face. He smiled weakly and tried to get up what he only managed when Yibo helped him.

"Zhan, are you okay?" Yibo asked him worried. 

The still trembling Xiao Zhan nodded and wanted to leave the bed. But his legs were too weak so he almost fell if Yibo didn't catch him.

"Don't rush. Wait here, I will prepare a bath for you." Yibo said and disappeared in the bathroom. Xiao Zhan tried to get up again but fell down instantly so he just waited for the older boy.

After 10 minutes Yibo came back and walked to Xiao Zhan.

"Zhan can you walk?" he asked. Xiao Zhan shook his head sadly.

"Then I will help you." he said and supported him on their way to the bathroom. "Okay. Then I will wait outside for you. Take your time" Yibo said and wanted to leave but Xiao Zhan stopped him by grabbing his arm.

"Don't worry Zhan, I will not run away. I will be in front of the door." Yibo said and Xiao Zhan slowly let him go. Yibo smiled, went out of the bathroom and sat down on the ground.

Even after 20 minutes Xiao Zhan didn't came out, so Yibo started to get worried. He knocked at the door. "Zhan? You should come out now. Its over 20 minutes already.... Is everything okay?" When the younger boy still didn't came out Yibo went inside.

He saw that Xiao Zhan fell asleep inside the bathtub. Yibo carefully walked up to the sleeping boy. "Zhan wake up" he shook him gently and the younger boy slowly opened his eyes. "You shouldn't sleep here, Zhan. Its not good for your health. The water is only lukewarm now and you didn't even wash you hair yet ..." Yibo smiled slightly and took the bottle of shampoo. Without thinking much the older boy took some of it and rubbed it gently in Xiao Zhan's hair.

Xiao Zhan observed Yibo the whole time. When the latter realized it he apologized right away. "I am sorry. I know you don't like it but we have to get ready fast. Brother is waiting for us with the breakfast for over 30 Minutes already. Lets not keep him waiting, alright? Close your eyes, Zhan. I have to wash out the shampoo" he said and after Xiao Zhan nodded slightly and closed his eyes Yibo continued to wash the younger boy's hair.

"Okay, done." Yibo said and walked out of the room to bring Xiao Zhan some clothes. He gave them to him and left the bathroom again so the younger boy can get dressed in peace.

5 minutes later both boys went down to the dining room.

"Finally, I am sooo hungry..." Haikuan whined and dragged them to the table. "Sit down, sit down. Lets eat."

After breakfast Haikuan retired to his office. "Okay guys. I will have to work now. If its not something urgent, do not disturb me please, alright?" he asked and waited for a response of his brother and son. When both of then nodded in agreement Haikuan went up to his office. 'Now I have time to look for some information about Xiao Zhan's case. I have to find something. There has to be some information or solutionshe thought and started his work.

Meanwhile Xiao Zhan went up to his hobby room and Yibo went down to his basketball court.

While Yibo was training his phone rang. It was Trainer Lee.

"Yes, Yibo speaking." he answered.

"Hello Yibo, I just wanted to ask if you will come tomorrow?" Trainer Lee asked.

"Of course. I missed the last training already. I will be there tomorrow." he answered smiling.

"Good. There will be new training hours as of tomorrow, that's why I call you in the first place. On Saturdays the training will be from 2 pm – 6 pm, Sundays from 4 pm – 7pm and Tuesdays from 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Are these times alright with you?" The trainer wanted to know.

"Yes they are. So tomorrow at 2 pm. I got it. I will be there" Yibo said.

"That's the spirit I like. Then we will see each other tomorrow. But I will be there only for about 1 hour. After that I have an appointment with my dentist. So you guys will have to train without me. You as the team leader will have to supervise your team mates tomorrow. I know they will listen to you but if not tell me, okay?"

"Don't worry, Trainer Lee. Its all under my control." Yibo said.

"Of course it is. Then see you tomorrow" the trainer said and cut the call.

After the call Yibo trained till 2 pm and then made his way to the kitchen. He prepared one can of cocoa and one can of coffee and instead of cooking he made a lot of sandwiches. There are some with tuna, salmon, cream cheese with marmalade, ham with eggs and cheese with salad and tomatoes. When he finished he walked up to the 2nd floor and quietly opened the door to Haikuan's office. Haikuan was too busy with his work that he didn't notice his little brother. Yibo carefully put the sandwiches and the coffee on the desk and left the room.

Then he went up to the 3rd floor. When he didn't find Xiao Zhan in his room he looked for him in his new hobby room. He opened the door and saw the younger boy drawing at a big canvas. Before he went in he knocked loud on the door. Xiao Zhan turned around and saw Yibo standing there. He signaled him to come in.

"I made some sandwiches and cocoa. Lets eat together" Yibo said and sat on a seat cushion. Xiao Zhan put his brush to the side and joined him. While they were eating Yibo looked at the canvas Xiao Zhan was working on. It wasn't finished yet but Yibo could recognize a closed window and outside were two little animals facing each other. So he turned his gaze to Xiao Zhan and asked him.

(Let's just pretend on the grass are the animals, alright? ^^)

"What are you drawing?"

Xiao Zhan opened his mouth but closed it again. He then shrugged his shoulders. 'What does that mean?'  Yibo thought. 

After a while of thinking, he had an idea.

"Wait a minute Zhan. I will be right back." he said and left the room. A few minutes later he came back with a notebook and a pen. "Here, for you. You may not be able to speak but I bet you can write." Yibo said while smiling. 

"So what are you drawing?" Yibo asked again and the younger boy wrote down his answer.

>I don't knowhe wrote.

"How can you not know? I mean it's you who is drawing, right?" Yibo wanted to know.

>I really don't know. I place the brush and then its like my hand is moving on his own. I don't think while I draw. It just happens...<

"Is that so? Are you only drawing that way?"

>No, not always. If there is something I want to draw then I will just do it<

Yibo nodded and smiled. "So in this case you  didn't think? You just drew it?"

Xiao Zhan nodded and ate another sandwich. "Zhan? You don't have to if you don't want but.... maybe you can ... draw me?" Yibo asked carefully.

The younger boy looked at Yibo for a short time. He then wrote something in his notebook and showed it Yibo.

>But it can take time .... is that okay?<

The older boy was very happy and agreed right away. "That's fine. Take your time. Thank you, Zhan" Yibo smiled brightly and the younger boy's face turned slightly pink.

"Ah, there is another thing .... tomorrow I have basketball training and I will not be home for a while...and the same goes for sunday. But it's only for 3 to 4 hours." Yibo said and carefully looked at Xiao Zhan's reaction. The younger boy just nodded and drank some cocoa. 'It doesn't matter to him?'  Yibo thought. 'No I cant accept that... I will have to try harder....'

"Are you mad at me now?" Yibo asked and Xiao Zhan shook his head. The older boy wasn't sure if he was telling the truth but he let it slide for the time being.

After they finished eating Xiao Zhan went back to the canvas and stared at it with a brush in his hand. Yibo observed him quietly and soon the younger boy began to continue drawing. When Yibo looked closer it seems like Xiao Zhan is daydreaming.

As Yibo didn't want to disturb the younger boy he cleaned up everything and left the room in silence. He went down to the kitchen and washed the dishes. He took some food and water and went out to the garden to feed the little bunny. After feeding and playing with it for a while he wore some gloves and took care of the flowers. He started weeding and watering the garden. It took some time as he was alone and there were many flowers. When he was done with three-quarter of the garden he saw the sun going down and he looked at the clock and realized it almost 8 pm.

So he made Louts soup for dinner. When it was done he ate some and let the rest in the kitchen just in case his brother or Xiao Zhan were hungry. He didn't want do disturb them while they doing their works.

When Yibo went up to his room he took a shower and brushed his teeth. While doing so, he felt like he forgot something but didn't get on it. Before going to bed he looked after Xiao Zhan. The younger boy stood before the now finished canvas with a clueless look.

"Zhan, you finished it." Yibo noted and came closer to take a look at it. Now he could see it more clearly. It showed a closed window and outside the window is a forest. On the grass are two little squirrels fighting over something that looked like a nut.

"Is this the view out of your room in the orphanage?" Yibo wanted to know.

Xiao Zhan turned around and looked at Yibo while shaking his head. The younger boy then took the canvas and placed it on the ground. He took a new one and looked at Yibo for quite a while.

'What? Does he want me to leave?'  The older boy thought. But before he can ask, Xiao Zhan walked up to him and took Yibo's face in his two hands while moving it from the left to the right. 'Too close ... way too close...its seems like he wants to start drawing me.... Please be still my heart...What is wrong with you anyway?'

When the younger boy seemed to have looked at Yibo's face enough he let the older boy go while smiling at him. He then walked bag to the blank canvas and started to draw.

"Uhm... Zhan... you ... don't stay awake for too long, alright? There is soup in the kitchen, so eat first before going to bed and don't forget to brush your teeth." Yibo said nervously and when he saw Xiao Zhan nodding he quickly left the room.

When he walked in his room he almost got a heart attack while opening the door. Haikuan was standing there with a smile on his face.

"Don't say it brother, I know what you want. But my back really doesn't hurt anymore." Yibo tried to explain but with just one look at his brother's face he knew there was no chances Haikuan would left without massaging him.

"Fine" he mumbled, took off his shirt and laid on his bed.

"I really don't know why you are so against it, Yibo. Its not like I am gonna hurt you and you don't have to be embarrassed of it either. I am your brother and I saw your naked body already a lot." Haikuan chuckled.

"Brother! Stop it. I am not embarrassed of it. I just don't want you to worry about me ... because I really am fine."

"I will never stop worrying about you. Not even when you are 70 years old and your teeth are about to fall out. Its my job to worry about my family." Haikuan said and pressed hard on Yibo's shoulderblades. It was quite for some time.

"Thank you for the sandwiches and the coffee." Haikuan thanked his little brother.

"No problem. But brother, I know you want to find something to understand Zhan's condition better and how to cure it. I want to help too but it will not work if we forget to eat." Yibo said.

Haikuan chuckled. "You sounds like our mother. But you are right. I am sorry. The next time I forget it you will have to remind me, alright?"

"Definitely. By the way there is Lotus soup in the kitchen. Eat it."

"Yes, yes. I will." Haikuan answered and carefully pressed on his little brother's back.

"Ouch.... not so hard please." Yibo complained. "You were in your office the whole day.... did you find something?" he wanted to know.

"Maybe..." Haikuan said.

"What 'maybe'? Yes or no!? Tell me brother!". Yibo demanded.

"I am not sure yet. I have to wait for Yi Zhou's call. I will have to observe Xiao Zhan and ... interrogate him a bit to know more."

"What did you find!? Brother! I want to know too please .... Tell me! I can help!" Yibo whined. 

to be continue....

I think this chapter turned out a bit too Long ... xD xD 
I guess my limit will be 2000-3000 in future updates^^

The next chapter will be Shorter than this and I will upload on sunday.

See you next time <3

1. I am sorry if there are any errors as english is not my native language. Do point it out.

2. Feel free to comment or vote. I would be very happy. :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 10K 48
Xiao Zhan is a cheerful and a happy boy but is afraid to love due to his traumatic childhood.... Will yibo be able to break the walls around zhan's h...
1.7K 167 19
[DON'T BE A SILENT READER VOTE AND TELL YOUR OPINION IN THE COMMENTS I WOULD LIKE TO READ YOUR THOUGHTS AND REQUESTS] >>> When a k pop singer from so...
47.7K 3.4K 29
" Out of everyone you had to fall for him? " Eight years ago Yibo's heart broke because his crush had a crush on Zhan. Now again after Eight years, Y...
141K 9.2K 23
This is a fantasy story about Yibo and Zhan Zhan. A super rich Yibo meet Zhan Zhan also from a rich family but Yibo has a mission for Zhan Zhan that...