Chapter 51: Xiao Zhan's POV

Thank you for waiting and have fun <3 <3

We went down to the dinning room after a 20 minutes long and thoroughly shower. Yibo did not let go of my hand since the moment we left the bedroom fully clothed. Yibo had afternoon classes today, which means would leave for university at 1 pm.

Father sat at the dining table and when we entered he looked demonstratively on the clock but smiled at us. I knew he was teasing us and it worked as I felt my face heating up. Only Yibo shrugged before making me sit on the table.

The breakfast was quiet as usual. I thought about the memories I earned yesterday. I was happy to remember something but ... I don't know ....

After breakfast we sat together in the living room as Father and Yibo wanted to know what I remembered. But before I wrote everything down I asked for a new notebook. When I got one I sat down and wrote down everything I remembered. It took me some time but no one urged me to write faster. They sat there and, while waiting for me, talked about stuff like university, Yibo's training and fathers work.

When I finished I gave my notebook to them to read while I walked to the windowsill, sat down and looked up to the sky. When I heard them calling my name I turned around and saw them signalizing me to join them again. 'They finished reading. What do they think?' I asked myself before sitting at my spot next to Yibo. I waited for them to speak because I did not know what I myself could say.

"Xiao Zhan, do you understand what your memories mean?" Father asked me after he gave back the notebook. Instead of writing something down I only nodded but it seemed like Father was waiting for a more specific answer.

>ZhanZhan was quite happy with his life. But the strange woman mistook him for her own child and took ZhanZhan with her.<

"Mistook you? More like kidnapped! No one can mistake his child with someone else and take it home unless you have a twin!" Yibo growled and I saw him gritting his teeth. I put my hands on his jaw and waited until he relaxed it before taking them away.

>ZhanZhan did not have a twin. Only an older brother< I clarified.

"Xiao Zhan, why do you speak of yourself as a third person? Why do you say ZhanZhan instead of I or Me?" Father wanted to know and I looked at him determined.

>Because I am not him. ZhanZhan is a little boy who existed many years ago. I might have been this kid in the past but not anymore. Now I am Xiao Zhan. I don't want to be ZhanZhan again.< I answered truthfully.

"If you say you are Xiao Zhan then what about ZhanZhan?"

>ZhanZhan existed in the past but now we are in the present. He is no more.< I explained m view.

Father sighed before asking me another question.

"Okay, I get that. Then lets talk about your family. You was kidnapped when you were almost 3 years old. Your parents might have looked for you, they are probably still looking for you. How about we go to the police so they can help to find them."

>No need. They are ZhanZhan's family, not mine. Moreover if they really looked for him why did they never found him? Its been over 14 years! That was enough time for them to find him. Its not like he disappeared into air. How can you be so sure they looked for him?< I asked back.

"Xiao Zhan, they were your ... I mean they were ZhanZhan's family, his parents. Of course they would have looked for ... him. But you seem to have a different view of this. Please explain so I can understand what you think."