Chapter 8: Yibos POV & 3rd POV

Yibos POV

„What do you want to talk about?" I asked my brother unsure.

"First promise me to listen till the end." My brother asked me.

"....."  
Did I already mention that I have a bad feeling about this...?

"Please Yibo. Do me this favor" My brother pleaded.

"Alright. I will. You better don't say you will getting married. You are not allowed without my permission." I said.

"First: How do you get that idea? I will not getting married. I don't even see someone right now. 
Second: If I would say I want to get married would really deny my wish?" he asked me.

"At first yes. Because you didn't even introduced her to me. I would be really mad. But if you really love her then of course I would be happy." I answered truthfully.

"Thank you Yibo." Brother smiled. "But that is not the topic I would like to discuss with you."

"Then? What is it" I asked.

"I want to adopt Xiao Zhan." My brother said and waited for my reaction. 

"Of course you can. You ... wait WHAT??" I am shocked. 'Did he just said what I think he said??'

"Yes Yibo. You heard right" he said. He is doing it again. He always knows what I am thinking.

"Why? How?" I cant comprehend what is going on right now.

"Listen to me carefully Yibo and please let me finish talking" he asked me. I could just nod.

"The last two days I observed Xiao Zhan. He is a shy but good boy. I don't know what happened to him but I want to find out. I want to help him to overcome this. He doesn't speak but we don't know if he cant or just wont. He doesn't like it to be touched too much....."

So my brother told me what he experienced with Xiao Zhan in the last two days. I just listened as I promised him. 

After he finished speaking I felt there is more he didn't said but I am probably too shocked about all of this so maybe I just misinterpret this feeling.

"You told me now what his condition is, but you didn't explained a good reason why you want adopt him. For me it sounds like any other patient of yours but you didn't adopt them. So why him? And if you want to help him you can just visit him. Explain it to me so I can understand." I said while trying to calm down.

"Xiao Zhan needs help. No one knows how to help him but I feel like I can. He is used to me now and it seems like he likes me. I am used to him too and I really like him. It feels like I know him since a long time." my brother explained.

"How can you be sure you help him with an adoption?" I wanted to know.

"Xiao Zhan is in that orphanage since he was 5. He was adopted a lot of times but always send back. Now he doesn't even want to be adopted anymore and is trying everything to prevent that. Because he thinks he will send back nevertheless." He explained.

'Still why is he the one adopting him? Just because he is used to him now? That Xiao Zhan was there since he was 5? Then the teacher or the director should be used to him too...But if he really is used to my brother and I try to prevent this I am the bad guy... I mean I want to help that boy too but ... like this?'

My brother observed me and I am pretty sure he knows what happens in me right now.

"Xiao Zhan needs someone he can confide in. He needs a family, Yibo. And I want US to be that family" my brother explained. I took a deep breath.