Billion Dollar Wedding | βœ“

By SabhyataSahu

For both the families, It was just a business deal. A partnership, that would ensure their 'Billionaire' titl... More

Blurb
1. β€’Ξ” Arianna Ξ”β€’
2. β€’Ξ” Heads Up Ξ”β€’
3. β€’Ξ” The First Meeting Ξ”β€’
4. β€’Ξ” Ego Assembled Ξ”β€’
5. β€’Ξ” The Deal Ξ”β€’
6. β€’Ξ” My Momma Ξ”β€’
7. β€’Ξ” How I Dug ,My Own Grave Ξ”β€’
8. β€’Ξ” New Association Ξ”β€’
9. β€’Ξ” Awkward Ξ”β€’
10. β€’Ξ” Surprise Visitor Ξ”β€’
11. β€’Ξ” New Beginning Ξ”β€’
Discover My Other Stories!
12. β€’Ξ” How Did I Get So Lucky Ξ”β€’
13. A Walk Down the Aisle & Memory Lane
14. β€’Ξ” First Dance Ξ”β€’
15. β€’Ξ” JenVeer Ξ”β€’
16. β€’Ξ” Social Media Ξ”β€’
17.β€’Ξ” Honeymoon Planning Ξ”β€’
18. β€’Ξ” Slumber Party Ξ”β€’
19. β€’Ξ” B!rthday & Surpr!ses Ξ”β€’
20. β€’Ξ” Butterfly Kisses & Betrayal Ξ”β€’
21. β€’Ξ” Together Ξ”β€’
22. β€’Ξ” True Face Ξ”β€’
23. β€’Ξ” Rock Bottom Ξ”β€’
24. β€’Ξ” Brianna Ξ”β€’
25. β€’Ξ” Ari Ξ”β€’
26. β€’Ξ” Ari + Brianna Ξ”β€’
27. β€’Ξ” Mask Unveiled Ξ”β€’
29. β€’Ξ” Worthy Of You Ξ”β€’
30. β€’Ξ” New Beginning Ξ”β€’
31. β€’Ξ” Next Step Ξ”β€’
32. β€’Ξ” Karma Ξ”β€’
33. β€’Ξ” Revenge Ξ”β€’
34. β€’Ξ” Cards On TableΞ”β€’
35. β€’Ξ” Catharsis Ξ”β€’
36. β€’Ξ” GoodBye Ξ”β€’
37. β€’Ξ” Together Forever Ξ”β€’
Authors' Note
My Dream Cast
Playlist
38. β€’Ξ” Separazione Ξ”β€’
39. β€’Ξ” I'll Wait for You Ξ”β€’
40. β€’Ξ” New York Ξ”β€’
41.β€’Ξ” Put A Ring On It... Ξ”β€’
42. β€’Ξ” Like A Fairy tale Ξ”β€’
43. β€’Ξ” Epilogue Ξ”β€’
❄❆ Gratitude & New Story Update ❆❄
Not An Update
❄❆ New Story Update ❆❄

28. β€’Ξ” Inheritance Ξ”β€’

9.8K 434 18
By SabhyataSahu

Everybody Lies - Jason Walker

Everybody lies, lies, lies.

It's the only truth sometimes.

Doesn't matter if it's out there somewhere waiting for the world to find.

Or buried deep inside. Everybody lies.

I woke up around 4 AM wrapped in Axel's warmth, his breathing was fanning on my head. I kiss his chin and untangled myself from him. Unable to drift back to sleep, I decided to make a cup of coffee. Hoping they wouldn't mind me intruding. On my way down the stairs, I smell something burning, like coffee.

In the kitchen, I found Mom, leaning against the counter, her coffee was burning but she is in some other place. I jogged down to turn it off and switched on the chimney to get the smokey stench out.

"Go sit mom, I'll make something for us." I tell her, she didn't eat well last night either. So I quickly made some eggs for both of us.

"Arianna I...."

"Don't mom, please. I think it's time we stop apologizing for others' mistakes. What happened.. happened. You can't blame yourself." I said.

"He is my son, Of course, I am..." She said holding her head in her hands.

"So is Axel..." I cut her again and eyes darted up to me."And he turned out to be great. Liam will come around too, Mom." I assure her and made her eat. We ate our breakfast in silence for a while, "I'm sorry, mom. Axel and I acted like we were in love. We lied to you. But we are good now, we are giving us a chance." I tell her.

"I knew something was up, But never in my wildest dreams, I would have thought of this. I am happy for you. Can you... Can you tell me about your parents?" She asked reluctantly.

I smile and tell her about my parents. The things I have learnt from Mr Finley and those who had visited the place before.

*****

It was Sunday, the next day. We all woke up late. When we came down for a brunch. Matthew and Axel charged for the newspaper. Mom and I rolled our eyes. Their expressions turned stoic for a moment, without saying anything Axel handed me the paper.

On the headlines was written, 'Marion Bell announces splits with her husband, amidst fraudulent rumours.' It read.

The article did not say much about the fraud claims. It only wrote about Marion's previous marriages and alleged affairs.

"I did not get time to tell you, Arianna. Brandon lied to you. There is no partner. Mr Finley told me your father is the sole owner, and you inherited it when you turned 18. He was playing you. I don't know why..." he said ruefully.

"I know why. For the future purpose, like the one when he convinced me to marry you to get the ownership." I cut him off.

"He did that to you?" Matthew asked me. He and Axel exchanged a dark look I couldn't understand. It was Axel who spoke up.

"Yes, dad. I called a lawyer who was helping with a previous case. He called last night. He talked to Brandon to hand over the papers and compensation. He was sure Brandon was going to give in. This article must be about something else." Axel said. If I recall the history of Brandon's business deals, It's not actually a surprise that someone finally called him out on that.

Dad drove us to Bell's mansion. Whilst I sit in the back seat with Arianna. She is resting her head on my lap and I am stroking her hair. I lean down and kiss her temple. "Calm down, sweetheart. We are with you." I murmured against her skin. She nodded her head as another set of tears roll down her cheeks.

All of us are quiet, but there is a rage burning inside us. That man wronged his sister, the one who is no more. He should have taken care of Arianna. How could he live with himself? When we reached the mansion, a small moving truck was parked in the driveway. Extra security was planted in every corner.

"Don't do this, Marion. You know I love you..." Brandon Bell pleaded with his wife, In the presence of all their staff. If I wasn't in this situation, I would have burst into a peal of laughter.

"Stop behaving like a pu...." Marion stopped mid-sentence. Her face lit up with mischief when she spotted us.

"Just the people I wanted to see. Come on in. We are just getting started..." Marion purred. Jessica was standing by her side. For a change, she is not looking at me like she wants to jump on my bones.

Before we could say anything, Arianna ran toward Brandon. "Why... Why did you do it?" She started hitting his chest. I grabbed her wrist and pull her back to me. The kind of man Brandon is. He might retaliate and hit her back.

"Why what, exactly? My ex-husband is so many things. I lost track." Marion said, pushing her lower lip out like an adolescent. I really want to slap her right now.

"What is happening in here, Marion?" My father demanded of her.

"Nothing Matt. I am just cutting the dead weight loose, I have been carrying for years..." she said, looking at him.

Matt? Is she serious? No one calls my father, Matt. That woman is insane. If she thinks my father would look her way, now that she is getting a divorce, "... Speaking of dead weight, what brings you here, Arianna darling." She cooed.

That's it. I am going to ask mom to slap Marion on my behalf.

"Can we do this inside?" Said Brandon, fleeting his glance at the staff and movers shamelessly watching the soap opera. Thankfully, Marion agreed. Knights are not like her who would discuss family disputes in front of the world.

*****

"I know about the ownership of my cafe. Why did you lie to me?" Arianna said first.

"You are not that bright. Are you, Arianna." Marion said chuckling, she eyes Jessica to join her, but she didn't.

"Do not talk to my daughter like that, Marion. I am warning you." My mother spoke. Good going mom. Now go ahead and slap her.

"Daughter? Okay then. Well, at first, it was your uncle dearest's plan, so you don't fly away as your ungrateful mother did. But later.... "

"You fucking bitch that was your idea." Brandon Bell shouted. I know Arianna told me they have never hurt her physically. But these people are toxic. Just being in here, Is a form of emotional abuse.

"And where did that brilliant idea come from, You. Yes, Arianna dear, you heard it right. This is not the first time he did something like this. He took the money your grandparents saved for your mother so she could get culinary education. Your uncle took it to buy clothes to impress me. Unfortunately, It worked." She said, picking on her nails. Looking so relaxed, like she has no idea what she has just revealed.

"I wanted to give the papers after the wedding. You stopped me." Brandon started to speak, But My father stopped him by slapping him.

"You bastard. You stole from your sister and when that was not enough, you did the same to her daughter, too. How could you live with that." spat my father.

Brandon stood there, stunned. One hand on his cheek. Jessica gasped and stepped forward to come to his aid, but Marion stopped her.

"And you, Marion. You married a man like him. Were not you a little bit afraid he might do the same with you, too? Tell me, why leave him now. After all this time." My father asked suspiciously. That's a million-dollar question. Why is she cutting him loose now?

"It is difficult to find an intelligent man without a backbone. Brandon was the perfect puppet. And why now, you ask me. It was you, Arianna. Years ago When I was standing in the same spot with your parent's presence. I had to make a decision, leave him or endure him. I made the wrong choice. It's time to rectify my mistakes." For one second even I felt bad for her, like she got trapped with a spineless man. But I whiffled myself, She is a master manipulator.

"Brandon, you hand her the inheritance. Or my team of lawyers will dig your grave." Dad said in a calm but threatening voice.

"I'll hand It by evening. " Brandon said, rubbing his jaw. His eyes were glassy. What a bitch.!

'' You have 3 hours, Brandon. I'll make my lawyers check everything. If you leave a single penny...." He trailed off with an unspoken threat behind it.

We turned around to leave. Arianna's body was burning up.

"Take good care of your son, Elizabeth. He will need it. "Marion said, smirking. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Jessica run out of the room.

"Is that a threat, Marion?" my mother asked.

"NO... It's a promise." Marion smiled.

*****

We went home after that. Arianna has not said a word yet. And I don't know what to say to her. She is too vulnerable right now. At dinnertime, my mom made her favourites. She accepted it, thanked her for the meal, but it was robotic.

"I should call Jennifer." Arianna said. Even in this condition, she is worried about her friend.

"I already did. Ranveer is there. He will handle everything. "I said, smiling, but she just nodded. We went to bed, and she drifted off to sleep immediately. I lay there, holding her in my arms. In the morning, I waited for her to wake up. But she is still sleeping soundly.

I went downstairs to the kitchen. Mom and dad were sitting there, having breakfast.

"Mom, she is still sleeping. Should I wake her up? I am worried." I say.

"Did you check for her temperature," Mom asked.

"Yes, it's normal."

"Then she will be alright. She is just exhausted. Let her rest." She said, giving me my breakfast.

"Brandon came last night. You were already in bed. So I did not disturb you." dad said. Even hearing his name made my blood boil. "He handed over the papers, a box of jewellery and a book of recipes."

"Recipes..???" My mother asked if she heard him correctly.

"Oh My God.! Dad, I'm going to sue Brandon. The recipe book, Mom. It's not just a book. It has their family's secret recipes. I asked Arianna why she doesn't make Italian food. She told me that she doesn't have the reci... Her parents died before.... Before they cou...teach her. I... How am I.... Dad. Do something, They took away .r chi...od, her memories.. They.... " I am a sobbing mess. I have no shame in admitting that I am a 25-year-old, grown-up man. Who is crying while his parents are soothing him.

"Of course, Son. Marion is already suing him. He took the money from her to invest in the partnership venture we had agreed to. Since It suffered loss, Now She is filing charge. Every penny he has earned, Marion will drain every drop of it. And when we file the case, it won't look good on him. He's going inside for the rest of his life." Dad assured me.

I never thought ruining someone's life would give me pleasure. 

*****

Namaste, reader!!! I hope you liked the chapter. If you did then please don't forget to VOTE ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave your precious COMMENTS behind.

I would love it if you check out my other stories, 'Aurora's Aura' 'Mafia & Miss Honey' 'Becoming Romeo' 'Violet Hues' & ''His Captive'. The story link is on my profile.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 547 21
"I don't care if our marriage was a business deal; I'm rewriting the contract to ensure my happiness comes first." ~Aahana "We've weathered storms th...
3.8K 156 15
18+content "This marriage nothing only for a business deal to me. I will make sure break this engagement in 6 month" He said very rudely And I wil...
70.6K 2.3K 51
#BOOK1 in 'ACE' SERIES He was like storm. He liked silence. He had looks which could kill. He is cold , ruthless and arrogant as hell. He h...
109K 1.1K 10
He is Mr Handsome and the one who can conquer anyone in the business world. He has a past which no one knows. And that made him lose hope in love and...