Ghosts

By Think_Dream_Inspire

Marney Ables has a secret. You know how some people may have an STD or are secretly adopted? Something NORMA... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
A/N
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
A/N
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
A/N
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 Part 1
**CONTEST!!**
Chapter 39 Part 2
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 Part 1
Chapter 44 Part 2
Guess Who's Back?!
MAJOR APOLOGIES!!!

Chapter 42

458 26 15
By Think_Dream_Inspire

Quick note: if I ever write "Mason says," it actually is supposed to be "Max says," but because of my other story, I sometimes forget which story I'm writing about. So forgive me in advance if I do that at all! (Mason is from Missing You, which I suggest reading if you haven't already :) )

Also, I'm soooooooooooooooooo sorry for not updating for like a month! I've been super duper busy (when am I not?). On the upside, this story will be coming to a close soon and a new one will be coming :)

Did he have to show up here right at this moment? Why is it that he always shows up at the worst possible moments?

Most importantly: what if he heard Luke and I talking about what I did?

"What the hell do you want, Max?" I ask him, trying to hold back my anger but sucking at it.

He gestures at himself. "I work here. So if you do anything bad or anything to make me angry, I can get my boss to kick you two out."

"Again, what do you want?" I ask him, clenching my fist under the table.

"How'd you get your fractured ankle?" Max asks.

"We've been over this." I sigh. "I fell down the steps."

"Funny because that's not what Silas said." Max gives me an evil grin.

"What'd he say?" I glare at him. I've said how I got hurt around Silas before.

"He said you were running and twisted your ankle in a pot hole." Max says.

I laugh. "That's what you want to hear, not what actually happened. Why don't you just leave me alone?"

"Because, Marney, that would mean I'm hitting a dead end in the investigation. I only want to find out who egged my car and window. That's all. I don't think you're completely innocent. And when I find out that you've done it, I'll turn you in." Max says.

"Good luck with that. I've done nothing."

I'd ask what he really has out for me, but that would lead me into another thing which can lead to another and create chaos.

"Max, get back to work. I don't pay you to fraternize with the customers." An older woman with greying brown hair hisses at him. Max nods and quickly walks away.

"I swear to god. Some day Max will not be able to see anymore or something else will go wrong with him." Luke hisses.

I shake my head at him. "Don't. He's purposely trying to piss you off. Just ignore him."

"Only because you're here." Luke says. He smiles at me and I smile back.

We talk a bit longer until our food comes out on a giant platter. I have to keep from drooling as I see the spaghetti and three large meatballs on top.

Spaghetti is my favorite.

"Here you two go!" The waitress smiles. "If you two need anything, I'll be around."

"Thanks." Luke and I say simultaneously.

I look at the food and smile. It looks amazing!

"Was this a good place to take you?" Luke asks. He picks up his fork and then starts to play around with the spaghetti on his plate.

"Definitely!" I smile widely and grab my fork to dig in. Once I take a bite, I keep myself from moaning at the great taste of the food. It's warm, but not hot. The texture is nice. The taste is bursting with flavor.

I then look around at the restaurant, taking it in again. As great as it makes me feel to be at a top-notch restaurant, I feel like he didn't have to waste his time taking me on a date here. I do give him credit, though, for taking me somewhere with spaghetti.

Well, that, and taking me on a classy, but somewhat cliche date. It's nice, but a bit much.

"Are you okay?" Luke asks, concern clearly on his face.

"I would be, but what are you taking me to such a fancy restaurant for? You don't need to take me somewhere that'll cost you about twenty dollars a meal to impress me. I'm easy to 'impress' and to make content. Just being with you is the best." I explain. I don't want to be rude, but I can't lie either by saying everything is alright.

"I get what you mean. I don't think I did it to impress you or anything. I just did it to change things up a bit. I thought a classy date would be sort of fun." Luke says. I can tell he sort of feels bad and my stomach churns at the situation I brought myself into.

"Luke," I reach my hand across the table and put it on top of his. "I love this date. If it means spending time with you and you're happy, that's all I care about. I'm always happy being around you, and I don't think that'll ever change." I say.

"If you weren't across the table, I think I'd kiss you." Luke smiles at me. "Now enjoy your twenty dollar spaghetti." He says in a jokingly stern tone.

I smile. "Okay, if I have to."

He and I continue to eat our spaghetti. We stop eating as we talk about random things, and then continue while we think about topics to talk about.

Once I finish, I'm stuffed. And then I get the vague feeling of being watched.

I turn around in my seat and look around the room. All I see are people eating, so I turn around and look at Luke who's looking at me.

"You seem scared about something." Luke says.

And I feel scared.

I haven't seen a ghost in weeks, and I really don't need to run into one today. And, Max is somewhere around here, probably waiting so he can catch me with the truth.

I shake my head and smile. "Nah, I'm fine." Oh how I hate lying.

~

We make it out of the restaurant without a scratch and Max hasn't approached us since.

Walking to the car obviously takes a lot longer for me than it would Luke, but he stays by my side to help me into his car. Once I'm in the car, Luke kisses my forehead and then closes the door. He jogs to the other side of the car and gets in, starting the car quickly.

But before Luke pulls out of the driveway, he gets a text. He reads it and then frowns.

"What's wrong, Luke?" I ask.

"N-nothing." He stutters.

"Don't lie to me."

"I don't want to tell you, though." Luke says. "I don't want reality to sink in."

"What do you mean?" My heart begins to speed up.

"The reality of me leaving sooner than originally thought." He says so quiet that I almost miss it.

I think I stop breathing for a second and then force myself to breathe again. "When are you leaving?"

"I... I can't say. I just know it's sooner than planned." Luke says. It's weird because he seems to have tears in his eyes, as do I.

I hug him tightly, and he doesn't want to let me go. I don't want to let go of him either.

"Marney, I don't want to leave you. I can't. When I leave, I'm going to be a wreck. And I'm not normally like that, but when it's you, I have ten times the feelings with everything than with anyone else and anywhere else. I can barely stand going a day or two without talking to you." He says into my hair.

When I think about it, I have the same feelings towards him. I hug him tighter and can't let the tears stay back any longer.

"Marney, when I leave, I'm not going to let you go. I don't think I'll ever let you go. I can't. You are the one and only person that I would ever feel this way towards."

"I feel the same towards you." I sniff.

Is this love? Or am I just wrong? We've been together since, what? October? This could be love.

"I think I love you." Luke says.

~Author's Note~

GUYS I CANT BELIEVE HOW LONG ITS BEEN SINCE IVE UPDATED SO IM SO SORRY!

I'm such a terrible person oh my god.

I was crying as I wrote the end of this chapter. Sorry, I'm attached to these characters.

The end of this story will be coming in a couple chapters, just to warn you.

But I'm going to be making a SEQUEL! So stay tuned!

Anyway, are they in love? Is Luke just saying that? What do you think?

I'm still crying omg.

Don't forget to ***VOTE*** and comment what you think!

Thank you all for reading! (We reached 9K reads!!!)

You're all the best readers ever!

-Izzy :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58 18 17
This story is about an 18 yr old girl who feel lost and broken. She had once felt complete when she was with her cousin and her friends. Then at the...
2.6K 73 18
"You love him" she says taking me in and I look away. "Of course, you love him any girl who experienced what you did would love him" she tells me. I...
1.4K 113 53
I hate secrets. And I hate drama. But somehow, I stumbled into relationships with two girls, each one hiding something big from me. Bree is beautifu...
5.4K 137 35
(Completed) this is my first fanfiction. please let me know how good it is. Also not good a describing things. Betty has abusive parents, She wakes u...