Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy...

By Staceeeeers

Roxanne Taylor (Born 16th October 1951) is Roger Taylor's cousin. The two of them have always been close desp... More

cast list + prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight**
'39
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty four.five**
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three**
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy.five
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five
seventy seven
seventy eight
seventy nine
eighty
eighty one
eighty two
eighty three
eighty four
eighty five
eighty six
eighty seven
eighty eight**
eighty nine
ninety
ninety one
ninety two
ninety three
ninety four
ninety five
ninety six
ninety seven
ninety eight
ninety nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen
one hundred and sixteen (or epilogue)

seventy six

2.2K 91 169
By Staceeeeers

random thought of the day; how many famous people have flown over my house and i'd have had no idea

++|++

For some reason, Rebecca and Kayla both insisted that Roxanne and John spent the night in separate flats. So when he returned from shopping with Roger and Freddie, John was given just twenty minutes to pack up some things that he'd need for that evening before he was dragged from the flat.

"Is this really necessary?" Roxanne frowns as she watches him shove some clothes that he could sleep in into a bag.

"Of course it is!" Freddie grins, "We need to give him one last night of freedom in town, don't we lads?"

Brian and Roger nod while John, seeing Roxanne's expression, steps over the sleeping cats to get to her. "I'm not going to drink much," he promises, "Someone has to drive us up there when Roger is too hungover."

She cracks a smile, "I just don't see why this-"

"It's tradition!" Kayla cheers.

"What she said, darling!" Freddie ambles over to kiss her goodbye, "Now come on, Deaky. Say goodbye to your soon-to-be-wife. You won't be seeing her again until four o'clock tomorrow afternoon!"

Rolling his eyes, John grabs his backpack from the floor and tosses it onto his shoulder, "I'll see you tomorrow, Mrs Deacon."

"Stop," she grins, meeting him when he leans down to kiss her softly, "I can't wait."

"Alright," Roger's hands land on his shoulders, "Let's go."

Kayla and Rebecca say goodbye to their boyfriends while Freddie gives Roxanne another kiss on the cheek before they're dragging John out the door.

"Okay, now that they're gone, we can get tonight's activities set up," Kayla grins, "And by the time we get that done, Mary should be here too!"

Roxanne was excited to see Mary - since her break up with Freddie, it felt like it had been forever since she's seen her. There was so much to catch up on.

"What activities are you talking about?" Roxy asks as she sits down, covering her mouth to stifle a yawn.

"Well, we know that you're probably not up to doing much since, y'know," she gestures to her bump, "So we thought that we would do a sort of spa evening? Kayla brought face masks, we can paint each other's nails...stuff like that."

"Do you mind if we have a drink?" Kayla asks as she wanders through from the kitchen, "Or we have some sparkling grape juice if you'd prefer we didn't."

"Don't be stupid," Roxanne laughs, pushing herself up as the door buzzer goes, "Have your Prosecco."

It's Mary at the door and when she comes upstairs, the first thing she says when she opens the door is, "You're getting married?!"

That was how long it had been since they'd seen each other.

"Well," Roxanne smiles, "Hello to you too, Mary."

"Sorry, hi," she leans in to kiss her cheek, "But you're getting married? Tomorrow? Is what Freddie told me correct?"

"It is," the blonde nods and Mary shakes her head.

"Honestly, you two always surprise me."

They move to sit down and Roxanne helps herself to the crisps that Kayla has set out.

"What's the plan for tomorrow?" Mary asks, "When are we leaving? When have I to be ready for? I really don't like not knowing what's going on."

"Becca and Roger have it all planned out apparently," Kayla says as she hands out the drinks, "Bex?"

"Okay," the brunette grins, "It's going to take us a good few hours to get there so Roger wants to leave at ten at the latest. Me, Kayla, Brian and Roxy are going to be in one car,"

"Brian's car," Kayla interrupts, "Roxy's mini is just too small."

"And you, Roger, John and Freddie are going to go in Roger's car."

"Which John will probably be driving." Roxanne nods.

"What about being ready?" Mary asks again.

"Don't worry about that," Rebecca says, "There are some rooms that we can get ready in. If we leave when we plan and we don't hit traffic, we should have at least an hour, maybe an hour and a half to get ready."

Nodding, Mary settles back against the couch beside Roxanne as Kayla claps her hands.

"Alright, what shall we do first? Face masks or manicures?"

++|++

Mary had left at around midnight so she had enough time to pack up a bag and Roxanne had gone to bed not long after she'd left, leaving Kayla and Rebecca in the living room with ridiculous looking green face masks on and when she came out of the bathroom after brushing her teeth, Kayla was up on the coffee table serenading the brunette.

She doesn't really know when the two of them crawled into the bed beside her but when she woke to go to the bathroom, she was being somewhat spooned by Becca and Kayla was snoring in her face.

So she doesn't wake them, she slowly shuffles down and off of the bed slowly before making her way out of the room.

It's not as early as she thought, eight on the dot and so after she takes care of business, she decides to just jump in the shower.

They'd have to make a move soon and Roxy thinks it'll take a while to rouse the two sleeping beauties in the next room.

As she washes her hair, she feels her stomach go all fluttery but if she's being honest, she can't really tell if it is from the baby or if it is nerves.

She's getting married.

She wonders if John's at all nervous. He probably is but knowing him as well as she does, she's sure that he won't let anyone see it.

She's surprised to see that both Kayla and Rebecca are both up and in the kitchen, hovering over a pan that's on the stove.

Kayla's the first to notice her and she lets out a squeal, "There she is! The blushing bride!"

"Stop," Roxanne waves a hand as she sits down on the couch, running a hand over Casper's fur, "What are you doing?"

"Making breakfast!" Rebecca replies, "Well, trying to. We're not doing a very good job."

"No," Kayla agrees, "No, we are not."

Roxanne kisses the cat's head before standing again, inspecting what they had in the pan and she can't help but laugh.

"How about I take over?" she offers, "And you two go make sure you've got everything you need. I can bet you anything that Brian is going to be here bang on nine. First, though, I have to go downstairs and ask someone to feed the cats."

She doesn't know her neighbours very well, Roxanne will admit that right off the bat but she doesn't really feel like that's her fault. It seemed like every week there was someone new living in the building...or was there more people living here than she thought?

She really hopes that someone will do it for her.

"So," Rebecca grins, leaning against the counter as she pulls on a cardigan, "How do we think that John is feeling right now?"

++|++

What they didn't know, was that John was feeling just fine. Sure, there was a tiny air of nervousness about him but he had every right to feel like that, right? But other than that, he was happy and relaxed. He was getting married.

Instead of going back to Roger and Becca's flat, they went back to Garden Lodge instead - it was much bigger and the four of them could all sleep in a bed rather than the floor and couches.

Which is why he woke up to Romeo pawing at his face.

Brian had gotten up earlier so he could have some breakfast before he went to pick up the girls and surprisingly, Roger and Freddie were awake and ready by eight-thirty and while he went next door to get Mary, Roger and John get into the car to wait on them.

"I couldn't help but notice Rox coming out of your room with the phone last night," Roger begins, glancing at John, "Please don't tell me she was ringing them."

"She was," John nods and he groans, "Roger, they're her parents."

"They were arseholes to her!"

"Yes, I agree with you there, Roger but they're her parents. It's her wedding day and...I think that deep down, she wants them there - even if she won't admit it."

The blonde grumbles as Freddie and Mary emerge from her garden and he starts the car as they open the back door, "Leicester next, yes?"

Freddie nods, "And then off to Gretna Green!"

++|++

It was really no surprise when Brian's car pulled into the car park that Roger and Freddie were outside smoking against his. With how often they'd had to stop at services so Roxanne could pee, they were bound to get there first.

Rebecca is the first one out of the car while Roxanne takes it a little more slowly, smiling at Lillian when she rushes over to help her out.

"Thank you," she says gratefully, giving the woman a tight hug, "Where's John?"

"He's inside," Rebecca replies, hearing her question, "Now I'm going to make sure that everything is as it should be. Rox, you stay out here until I get him into another room so he doesn't see you. Gah, I'm so excited!"

Roxanne shakes her head as she bounds off, moving to the boot to grab her bag.

"I'll get that!" Roger says loudly and she rolls her eyes.

"I'm pregnant, not an invalid."

"I know that," he says softly, taking the bag from her, "But, you're getting to a very crucial point. I don't want to be the reason you go into early labour. John would kill me."

"Aw, Roger," she coos, pinching his cheek, "You've been reading those baby books, haven't you?"

He shrugs, "I might have checked one out of the library."

"You're so sweet," Freddie teases.

"Shut up," he grumbles.

Just as it looks like it's going to pour with ran, Rebecca appears at the door and waves them in.

"John's down the hall on the right there," she tells the boys, who nod and once they've all shuffled by, she grabs Roxanne's hand and leads her to show her where the ceremony will take place.

It reminds her of the woollen mills that her mum used to take her on the weekends when she was younger; low black beams along the ceiling, the old stone flooring and there, right in the centre of the room, is the traditional marriage anvil.

"It's nice, isn't it?" Rebecca asks quietly and she nods.

"It really is."

"Come on, we'll get you ready."

With how little time they'd had to find her something to wear, they'd gone into shops and searched from top to bottom for a white dress and settled on a just a cute little skater type one. It wasn't much but it'd do the job.

She doesn't care about the dress anyway.

Roxy sits in the chair and lets Rebecca do her hair and Mary do her make-up and while she tries to listen to the conversation that she, Lillian and Kayla are having but she can't help but let her eyes stray towards the large grandfather clock that's in the corner of the room.

By the time that they've finished getting her ready, there are only twenty minutes until their allocated time slot.

Twenty minutes for her parents to make an appearance.

"Are you alright?" Lillian asks softly, resting a hand on her shoulder, which snaps her out of her daze.

Nodding, Roxanne pushes herself up and out of the chair, "Yep. I'm actually - I'm going to go get some air."

"Don't you dare go searching for John!" Rebecca points a finger at her, "If you're not back in ten minutes, I'm coming to get you."

"Noted," she nods before slipping out of the room and from down the hall, she can hear Brian's raised voice before the rest of the boys start laughing and a smile tugs at her lips.

The cold air is like a smack in the face as she steps out into the car park, sitting down on the closest bench so she can take a moment but she's really regretting not bringing something warmer to wear.

She doesn't really know what she's hoping for - maybe to see her dad's old banger of a car pull in. For them both to apologise and then hopefully they could move on from this...she doesn't know.

Time ticks by and it's not long before the door to the venue opens. Her ten minutes must be over but it's not Becca who's come to chase her, it's Roger and instead of telling her that she has to hurry up and that it's almost time, he just sits down beside her.

"Becca said you were out here," he murmurs, shrugging off his suit jacket so he can drape it over her shoulders, "You're gonna catch a cold, Nessie."

"They're not coming, are they, Roger?"

"I...I don't think so, no."

Sniffing, Roxy brings a hand up to wipe under her eyes, "I was stupid to even think that they'd come, wasn't I?"

"Rox, don't do that," he rubs her arm, "No. You're not stupid and please, please don't let them ruin this day for you. You deserve to be happy. You're getting married."

She stands and turns to him, "How do I look?"

He gets up too, wiping under her eyes once more, "You look beautiful."

"Can I ask you something?" Roxanne whispers as she hands him his coat back.

"Of course."

"Will you give me away?" she asks, "Walk me down the aisle?"

He grins and holds out his arm, "It would be my honour."

++|++

who doesn't love for some cute cousin content?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 685 30
**NOT BASED ON REAL FACTS** Roxanne is a modern-day American young woman who has an obsession with Queen. One night after her friend Jane drives her...
46K 1.4K 56
! [Part 14 and 34 have smut] Meeting the band Queen backstage is quite intimidating. Especially when you have caught the eye of their drummer Roger M...
126K 2.3K 37
A book of all my Queen Imagines (both the band and the bo-rhap cast) Series featured in this book so far are: False Truths : Roger Taylor x Reader Y...
621 76 31
My best friend and I are huge fans of Gwilym Lee and Ben Hardy and when we went to London, something crazy happend...... A Borhap fanfic (includes fl...