Chasing Mr. Carlton ( The sto...

By egeecotton

NOTE: I don't have a cover for this story yet- anyone wanna take a whack at it? Bobby Darling had her eyes on... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
One Summer...
2
3
4
5
End

Part 65

195 16 4
By egeecotton

Bobby stood in a room full of women with a big frown on her face.

She was annoyed. Annoyed because for the last 6 months she'd had more people touching her than she had in her entire life. Everyone wanted to pat the belly- EVERYONE. People in the god damned grocery stores even thought it was okay to just go up to her and try to rub it. (FYI, it is NOT okay to rub a stranger's pregnant belly).

And if they weren't rubbing her belly and getting dangerously close to parts of her that were definitely off limits, they were pinching her cheeks or patting her head. Had she randomly turned into a cocker spaniel? But how could they help themselves? She looked so damn cute. That was what everyone kept repeating. She was too cute. Matt told her at least 10 times a day how adorable she looked.  She wondered how adorable it would seem when she starting using that pot on people.

She sighed, allowing yet another woman to grossly over estimate her belly size with a bit of yarn. She held her arms up, trying to keep a fake smile as one after the other tried. As Vada wrapped her piece of yarn around her, Bobby finally spoke.

"Oh come on, that's way too much!" Bobby said as Vada laughed.

"Sorry, you're just so big." Vada said, patting the belly gently before giving someone else a turn.

It was true, Bobby was quite large. Or maybe she wasn't really that big but in comparison to her small frame, it just looked HUGE. In fact, it was almost comical. Watching her waddling around, swaying side to side... especially at the office.  Matt, Nora and even Brian had tried to tell her to stay home, after all, she was pretty close to her due date but Bobby wouldn't allow it.  She was determined to work up until the very moment the little girl inside her came out... and then jump back in right away.

That had been the tipping point for Matt. Bobby was literally talking about working from home as soon as she got back from the hospital. He'd put his foot down and practically threatened to fire her if she did. Eventually, Nora had explained to Bobby about what child birth would be like and how physically exerting it was... and Bobby gave in reluctantly.

As it was she was having a tough time keeping up. She'd even dozed off in her office the other day, which Matt insisted was adorable but to her was absolutely embarrassing. Bobby had to admit that while she was excited about the baby, she thought of being pregnant had terrified her to the point where she questioned every day if she was doing the right thing. She'd already told Matt she was NEVER doing this again.

And if it wasn't enough that was huge and constantly being pet like a baby goat, the maternity clothes were just ridiculous. Didn't they make anything for expecting mothers that didn't make them look like a cupcake?

"Okay, why don't we open some presents?" Vada said, making everyone start to settle back down. Bobby turned to her. Vada and Nora had taken it upon themselves to get this entire party planned. A baby shower. She'd tried to tell them she would rather not have one, Bobby didn't like that much attention and it wasn't like they needed presents. Brian and Nora wouldn't stop buying things for this baby... but how could she say no to either of them when they insisted?

Bobby moved back over to the arm chair she'd been sitting in before. It was practically the only spot in the house she was semi comfortable in. She couldn't stand it anymore. This baby needed to get out of her. As it was she'd already felt for the last 3 days like any minute now the baby would fall right out of her as she walked down the street.

In the other room, as  the same time that Bobby sat through the embarrassing spectacle of being cossetted, Matt was sitting around with  a similar combination of men. The only people who had not been able to come were Georgina and Damien, but that had been expected.

The day Bobby realized that she was pregnant had certainly been a strange one. They'd driven straight to the pharmacy and then home in completely shock and silence. It wasn't until after Ruth had read the result for them, confirming it that both Bobby and Matt just burst out into uncontrollable laughter. Everything was much easier after that... except that Bobby would often insist she'd changed her mind.

Matt took a sip of his beer and chuckled. That poor girl. At her size and with that much extra weight, he knew she was uncomfortable. Then of course there was everything he'd done to make it worse. He couldn't help it, she was too adorable. If he'd thought Bobby was cute before, this was a level that he just couldn't handle. And when he wasn't staring at her in pure amazement, he was fussing over her so much that she'd threatened him with that pot on more than one occasion.

"Do you have everything ready?" Brian asked, leaning against next to Matt.

"Everything." Matt said.

"The crib?" Brian asked.

"Yes." Matt replied.

"Diapers, you'll need a lot more than you think." Brian said and Matt nodded.

"Yes, we have piles of them." He replied.

"Blankets?" Brian asked and Matt nodded again.

"Yes and mountains of clothes and shoes that you guys won't stop bringing over." Matt said. "She's not even here yet and you're already spoiling her rotten."

"Grandfather's privilege's." Brian said with a smile. "What about the hospital bag?"

Matt raised a brow.

"No, but we have time." Matt said.

"Trust me, Matt. You're going to want to have that ready." Brian said, "Babies like to sneak up on you."

"Don't worry. We have it all under control. This is Bobby we're talking about. That girl has a plan and procedure in place for everything." Matt said.

They turned to look out the door way where at that moment, Bobby was waddling along slowly, making her way to the restroom for what seemed like the hundredth time today.

"She's so big- you sure it's only one?" Brian teased.

"Yes, absolutely. Just the one." Matt said. Brian chuckled. They were always teasing them about it, after all- Bobby was a twin herself and Matt was a triplet.

A few minutes later, Bobby was waddling back past the door and towards her party. Matt frowned.

"I hate her having to walk around so much. If she was upstairs in bed, she'd only be a couple of steps from the bathroom." Matt said.

"She's fine, the walking is good for her and if she doesn't need to be in bed all day, don't force her." Brian replied.

"She's carrying an entire person inside her- I think she should be in bed." Matt said and Brian chuckled.

"First time fathers are always the cutest." Brian said, shaking his head.

"Yeah, funny." Matt said.

"Poor Bobby, you can tell this really isn't her thing." Brian said, making Matt raise his brow.

"So then why didn't you take pity on her and talk your wife and daughter out of insisting on it?" Matt asked.

"Are you kidding? Do you know how much Nora was looking forward to this? I wouldn't break her heart for anything." Brian said.

"Thanks." Matt said.

"How's Bobby been otherwise?" Brian asked.

"Grumpier than ever. I swear one of these nights she will just smother me in my sleep." Matt said.

"Really?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, it's like I can't do anything right. She hates me." Matt said and Brian sighed.

"It happens." Brian said, "Hormones."

"Really? Did it ever happen with mom?" Matt asked.

"Oh no, that woman loves me and she only adored me more whenever she was pregnant." Brian said.

"Thanks." Matt said sarcastically.

---

"It's cold." Bobby said as she stood in front of the mirror, covering her belly in lotion once again.

"I'll warm you up." He said, coming up from behind her and helping her with the lotion. He'd gotten used to doing this every night. It was one of the few times Bobby wasn't annoyed with him over something.  Bobby turned to him with a smile as he did so, loving how very gentle he was with her these days. She knew she had been a pain, especially over the last month and a half but she couldn't help it. Her emotions were everywhere.

"Thank you." She said, putting her hand over his as he worked. He smiled and looked into her eyes.

"Thank you." He said.

"Today... was exhausting." She said, turning to get into the bed.

"I'm sorry. I know it wasn't what you wanted. " He replied, climbing in after her and putting a couple of pillows into place.

"No, it was fine. Your mom and Vada are very sweet. I'm just sorry George couldn't make it." Bobby said.

"I know, she was pretty bummed about it but she wants to wait until baby girl is here." Matt said.

"You know, they're all bugging me to know her name... when do you think we should tell them?"  Bobby asked with a smile.

"I think we can keep them guessing a while longer." Matt said. Bobby sighed.

"I honestly, couldn't believe the story your sister told us. I mean, how can any of that be real?" Bobby asked and Matt sighed.

"Growing up there was always a few things that were kind of weird to us. Like why mom and dad never had a big wedding, especially considering their social status." Matt said, "And there isn't any pictures of mom around from ages 15- 24. It was like she didn't exist."

"I mean, it just sounds so far fetched. I can't imagine your mother doing that. Nora and Brian are so proper." Bobby said. "How does Vada know all this?"

"Mom told her." Matt said. "and as far as we're concerned, we don't know anything."

"My lips are sealed." Bobby said. "But I'm sure your parents will suspect we know when we tell them the name."

"If they do, they'll never admit it." Matt said.

"Oh, she's moving again." Bobby said, looking down and prompting Matt to reach out. She moved his hand a bit and waited... there.

"She moves all the time. What does that feel like?" Matt asked.

"Weird. In the beginning just like gas." Bobby said, making him laugh. "But now... it's weird."

"Our little weirdo." Matt said lovingly, making Bobby smiled.

"I'm sorry, Matt." Bobby said suddenly, making him look at her.

"What for?" He asked.

"For being so hard on you." She replied. Matt shrugged.

"You're always hard on me." He said and she rolled her eyes.

"There I am, trying to be sweet again and you make a dumb joke." She said, turning to try to get out of bed but she moved to fast and only rolled back, prompting Matt to laugh.

"Damn it." She said, annoyed. "Stop laughing and help me up."

Matt sighed, she was upset again. With a shake of his head, he stood and walked around the bed to her side.

"Come on, up we go." He said, helping her into a proper sitting position. "Better?"

"Yeah." She said, trying to get comfortable again.

"It's okay, you know. I don't care how hard you are on me, as long as you're happy and healthy." He said, kneeling next to her and putting his head on her lap. Bobby's face softened and she smiled.

"Matt, you idiot." She said, feeling how the tears began to form. "Why do you always have to say such nice things?"

"Because I love you." He said, putting his hand back on the belly. "Did you feel that one?"

"I did." She said, running her hands through his hair before bringing them back to the belly. "our little Bea."

Matt chuckled.

"Oh they're gonna love it. Beatrice."  Matt said.

"Hey Matt?" Bobby said, making him look up at her.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"I love you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 235 45
Honourly boundā¤ "I laid back on the couch and kept looking at the ceiling. My God, I kept seeing him. My mind just kept playing memories of him and I...
58 14 17
Her eyes... Her eyes were like a star strewn night ocean. It was the most beautiful shade of dark blue he had ever seen, and the irises were like the...
9.9K 144 44
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
226K 13.7K 54
"How dare you? Ariana, how dare you?" I could feel the anger from his heart radiate through his ears. the tears that kept rolling down my cheeks wer...