A Melwood Miracle

Por hazeloceans

*Sequel to A Melwood Classic* - - - So many questions: will Melissa live? Will Chris be okay if she doesn't m... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 17

335 18 1
Por hazeloceans

Chris POV

After what seems like hours, we finally arrive at the hospital. I look out the window, anxiety flooding my thoughts, and hear a familiar voice.

"Dad?" Oliver barely is able to get out. I shoot my head in his direction at the sound of his whisper.

"Yeah, I'm right here." I say turning back around and crouching down to be close enough to hear him. I close my hand around his and notice it's colder than usual.

"Dad, I'm scared." He says as the doors swing open up. I smile at him, fighting the urge to cry and say, 'me too.'

"It's okay. You're okay." I say as our hands leave each other and I jump out of the vehicle, following the gunnery. He keeps looking back at me as we speed down through the hallway.

"Dad?" He says once more. I feel someone push me away and start speaking, but I cannot take my attention off Oliver. I watch as they go storming down the hall without me.

"You have to stay here sir. Please stay put." She tells me, barely loud enough for me to comprehend.

"Dad!" I hear Oliver raise his voice a little more. I feel tears come down my faces. I want to hold him, help him, anything but see him like this.

"It's okay, Oliver! You're going to be okay! I love you!" I yell down the hallway hoping that he heard it. The nurse's arm stops me from stepping any further. I see them turn into the operating room and I knew this feeling all too well.

This was the make or break moment. The moment that he was to survive like Mel or die like Chelsey. I felt my heart shatter not being able to be by his side any longer.

This was it and I prayed to God I wouldn't lose the only son I had. I could take anymore heartbreak in my life, not now.

I did the only thing I could, sit and wait. I was sitting inside a familiar waiting room that brought terrible memories back.

I looked at my phone every second or so. I don't know what I wanted, but I wanted something. A call from Mel, a text from my mom, an update, I didn't know. I just couldn't more my fingers to do anything.

Finally, I set my phone on the ground and put my head in my hands. I feel even more tears come down. Each hit the floor.

If I would have done something? If I hadn't had told him that his pain was nothing? If I would have just listened, what could this day have been? A finished baseball game? A night of enjoyment? My boy healthy and unhurt? But no, I didn't listen. I ignored what was right in front of me, and now Oliver is suffering from my mistake.

I am his father; I'm supposed to know this stuff. I'm supposed to know when my own child is hurt or sick, but I didn't know. I didn't notice anything.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

44.8K 1.3K 43
Melissa finds out something about herself that causes a drift in her and her husband, Blake's relationship. When he leaves for Los Angeles while she'...
27.5K 636 26
Melissa has been working with Chris for a couple of weeks now--but she's feeling emotions that she never felt for Blake or anyone else. Chris finds h...
28.2K 925 51
I wrote this before melwood was enagaged and had some wonderfully cute moments. Enjoy this fanfiction of Melwood!
42.8K 1.3K 22
**sequel to Till I Die (Chris and Crawford Collins)** please read that first! It's been a year since Chris left, and Katy and Crawford got together...