Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy...

By Staceeeeers

Roxanne Taylor (Born 16th October 1951) is Roger Taylor's cousin. The two of them have always been close desp... More

cast list + prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight**
'39
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty four.five**
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three**
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy.five
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy six
seventy seven
seventy eight
seventy nine
eighty
eighty one
eighty two
eighty three
eighty four
eighty five
eighty six
eighty seven
eighty eight**
eighty nine
ninety
ninety one
ninety two
ninety three
ninety four
ninety five
ninety six
ninety seven
ninety eight
ninety nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen
one hundred and sixteen (or epilogue)

seventy five

2.2K 86 177
By Staceeeeers

brian in the scandal video tho (for once, this gif is actually mine)

++|++

Freddie got the house that he'd wanted. It was big, it was fancy - everything about it just screamed Freddie and even though Roxanne loved it as much as he did, she did worry that he was going to get lonely living there on his own. 

Once he'd gotten all of his stuff in and got the place perfect, the band, their girlfriends and Mary were all invited over for drinks and a bite to eat. 

And that's where Roxanne and John had announced that they were getting married and though Roger wasn't exactly pleased that he wasn't told first (they had explained that it was a bit of a spur of the moment thing), he was pleased for them all the same. 

Right off the bat, both John and Roxy had wanted to get married as soon as possible; they wanted it to happen before the baby came and preferably before the band jetted off to Japan but considering that was now just a week away, neither of them saw it happening. 

They'd rang around every registry office that they could think of - it wasn't as if they wanted a huge wedding. All they'd wanted was a quick service with their friends and John's mum but everywhere, everywhere was either completely booked up or they didn't do walk-ins. 

All they wanted was to get married but at this point, Roxanne was starting to lose hope. 

That was until she was woken up by Roger shaking her shoulder one morning. 

Of course, the first thing she thought was that there was something wrong but when she looked to where John was lying beside her, she saw that he was sitting up and rubbing at his tired eyes. 

What the hell was going on?

See, unknown to them, Rebecca and Roger had taken it upon themselves to find them somewhere they could get married and find somewhere they did. 

"What are you doing here?" John yawns, "How'd you even get in?" 

"Freddie gave us the key," Roger shrugs and he looks at Roxanne.

"I thought you said that you got the key back." 

"I did," she mumbles, pulling the blankets up to her chin but Rebecca's having none of it, "Becca," 

"Shut up," Roger cuts her off, "Listen, we've got a surprise for you." 

"Mate, can't it wait till later?" John looks at his alarm clock, "Jesus Roger, it's seven in the morning!" 

"It's rude to wake a pregnant lady," Roxanne gripes but she sits up. She was intrigued. 

"This better be good," John warns as Roger makes himself comfortable by Roxy's legs. 

"Trust us," Rebecca grins, "It is." 

He really doesn't like the way the two of them are smiling at one another. 

"Well?" Roxanne asks impatiently, placing a hand on her stomach. Baby Deaky was now awake meaning that she definitely wouldn't be going back to sleep any time soon.

"Well, we all know how much the two of you are wanting to get married," Roger begins, "And we...well, we managed to find somewhere for you to do just that." 

Roxanne looks between her cousin and his girlfriend, desperately looking for any kind of signs that they were joking.

"Are you serious?" John asks, "How? Where? Everywhere round here is booked." 

"That's the thing," Rebecca speaks, "It's not round here." 

"Then where...oh my god. It's Vegas, isn't it? Rog, I told you we weren't doing it in Vegas." 

"It's not Vegas, Nessie," Roger laughs, making her quieten down once more. 

"There where is it?"

"It's Gretna Green." 

Both John and Roxanne stare at them. 

"We just thought that it would be romantic," Rebecca says quietly, "Cause even though it's going to be a fast wedding, it doesn't have to be awful...and Joan, the woman I work with, she got married there and she said it was the best decision she'd ever made."

Gretna Green Roxanne thinks Of course. Why didn't I think of that? 

"How'd you manage that?" John asks, "I'm pretty sure they need twenty-one days notice or something like that." 

Rebecca gives them a guilty smile, "I may have told them a little exaggeration of the truth."

"Oh god," John sighs, "You didn't tell them one of us were dying, did you?"

"What? No! I'm not that morbid, John. I just said that you were going away for a long time and wanted to be married before you went." 

"And they bought that?"

"They did. But I needn't have bothered because as soon as I told them your name, John, they agreed immediately. Fan of the band I think." 

Roxanne looks at John excitedly, hand clutching his tightly. This was it! This was what they were wanting, they could get married!

"I'm guessing by the way the two of you are grinning at us that you've booked it?" John raises an eyebrow. 

"Of course we did!" Roger says loudly, "Otherwise someone else would have got it, wouldn't they?" 

"When is it?" 

"Ah," he shares another glance with Rebecca, "Tomorrow." 

"Tomorrow?" 

"At four," 

"Tomorrow," John repeats, "You booked it for-when did you-" 

"Yesterday." 

"And you didn't think to tell us?" Roxanne asks, tossing the blankets back so she could get up. 

"I left that in Roger's capable hands," Becca says, "Though that might have been a mistake." 

"We can't get married tomorrow," John splutters, "Not only is it ridiculously short notice but we have to something to wear, rings - my mum won't be there!" 

"But she will!" Rebecca cheers, "We rang her last night as well!" 

John and Roxanne share a glance. Of course they did.

"And?" 

"She says she'll be there," Roger grins, "We're picking her up on the way." 

John looks at Roxanne again to see that she's got her thinking face on and he clears his throat, "Can you give us a minute?" 

"Of course," Rebecca nods, grabbing hold of Roger's arms, "Come on." 

When they were alone, John walks around the bed to stand in front of her, "What are we thinking, love?" 

She stays quiet for a couple of minutes before her gaze meets hers, "I want to marry you, John. And I'd love nothing more than to do it tomorrow but you're right. We don't have anything to wear, rings..." 

"Not to eavesdrop," Rebecca calls through the closed door, "But Rog and I can get you some stuff for you. If you're going to do this of course. "

"Rebecca," John says exasperatedly. 

"Right, sorry." she mumbles before they hear her retreating footsteps 

He sits down on the bed and she follows, "Rox?" 

"Do you think we can do it?" she asks, "Spend today getting ready and head up there first thing in the morning?" 

"I think we can," he nods, "I'll go with Roger and you go with Becca? Get some stuff and as you say, head up there tomorrow morning and then," 

"We get married," she whispers.

"We get married." 

Grinning, Roxanne leans over and kisses him before standing up, "I'll pack the bags if you want to go with Roger now."

"What about your parents?" 

Her hand stills where she's reaching for one of their duffle bags, "What about them?" 

"Are you going to tell them?" he asks, standing to get it down from the top shelf for her, "They might want to be there." 

She shakes her head, "I doubt that." 

"You don't know that," he murmurs. 

"Yes, I do."  

Sighing, he tosses the bag onto the bed and gently takes her hands in his, "I really think you should ring them." 

With that, he presses a kiss to her forehead before he leaves the room to tell the other two that they were going to go ahead with their plan. 

Sitting back down on the bed, Roxy sighs. She knows that John is right - she should phone her parents. The only thing is, she knows that there's no point. Since they told them about the baby, in the four months that have passed, Greg and Cathy hadn't tried to make contact with her. 

And so she slips into the living room to grab the phone, unplugging it so she can take it back into the bedroom for some privacy and once she's plugged it back in, she sits down on the bed once more and takes a deep breath. 

Knowing that her dad hates it when she called the B&B's business number, she rang the one for the upstairs phone, clutching the receiver tightly as it rang out. 

When there is no answer, she's not sure if she's relieved or disappointed but she waits until the automated voice does its spiel and when she hears the beep, she takes another deep breath, "Hey mum, dad. It's me, Roxanne...I just wanted to let you guy know that John and I, we're getting married tomorrow. It's a bit short notice, I know but this is what we want to...anyway, I'm running out of tape so I hope you guys can make it. Maybe see you there...bye." 

She puts the phone down with a sigh, reaching down to unplug it again so she can take it back to its rightful place.

John looks down at her when she joins them in the kitchen, wrapping his arm around her waist, "Did you do it?" 

"I did," she nods, "There was no answer so I left a message."

He nods, kissing her forehead once more. He guesses they'll see tomorrow.

++|++ 

i definitely thought that this chapter was going to be the death of me but finally, i got something that i'm somewhat happy with

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 685 30
**NOT BASED ON REAL FACTS** Roxanne is a modern-day American young woman who has an obsession with Queen. One night after her friend Jane drives her...
46K 1.4K 56
! [Part 14 and 34 have smut] Meeting the band Queen backstage is quite intimidating. Especially when you have caught the eye of their drummer Roger M...
126K 2.3K 37
A book of all my Queen Imagines (both the band and the bo-rhap cast) Series featured in this book so far are: False Truths : Roger Taylor x Reader Y...
46.4K 1.4K 40
"We don't have long." "When I'm with you, time is irrelevant." When the past meets the future and brings a relationship with an expiration date. Y/N...