surge | loki laufeyson ¹

By PeterPansEyebrows

"Then you'll have no problem with me taking you as prisoner." "Well, I'm making a pros and cons list in my h... More

cast + introduction
graphic gallery
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy two
author's note
preview of flux
THE SEQUEL IS OFFICIALLY OUT

seven

12K 456 403
By PeterPansEyebrows

________________________________

"WELL HELLO, WHO MIGHT YOU BE?" 

She opened her mouth at the man standing before her. 

"Are you mute, or just plain stupid?" 

"You must be Loki," She finally said. 

"So, you aren't daft." 

"No, I'm not...that word." She retorted. 

"Yes, well, you're coming with me," He gripped her forearm. 

"What--Why," She tried to tug out of his grip. 

"I want my scepter back, and I intend to use you as ransom for it. We can do this the easy way, or the hard way." He narrowed his eyes at her, continuing to drag her with him.

"The hard way sounds nice," She said sarcastically. 

"If you weren't so valuable to these heathens then I would have a choice."

"You need to look up the definition of heathen," She cracked. "Plus, I'm mad at Tony right now." 

He rolled his eyes. "Then you'll have no problem with me taking you as prisoner." 

"Well, I'm making a pros and cons list in my head, and 'super villain who just attacked my city' is kind of a big one on there," 

"Will you be quiet?" He snapped as they walked around the top floor of Stark Tower, where things were smashed and broken. 

She got a glimpse out into the city from the giant windows, and her face fell in horror. Buildings were on fire, collapsing on themselves. It had seemed that the creatures were gone, meaning the  Avengers won. 

"We won," She breathed. 

"I beg your pardon," He asked. 

"They beat you," 

He ignored her, stalking around to find his scepter. She stood next to the window, and she could see Tony lying on the ground below. Captain and Nat were with him, and they all seemed to be talking. 

Then, Tony flew in his suit to the deck of the top floor. She made sure not to say anything, so Loki wouldn't be warned. 

"I thought I took care of you," Tony walked in. Alarm painted his face when his eyes landed on Alex, seeing her not tucked away where he left her. 

Loki noticed this almost immediately, and stepped toward her. "Not quite,"

In an instant, before Tony could even blink, Loki grabbed Alex's bicep and teleported. She heard a faint yell from Tony before she was ripped away from the only dimension she knew. 

They soared up, and up, in a colorful cylinder that stretched toward the sky. She looked down, watching as the ground became farther and farther away. She opened her mouth to scream, but nothing came out. 

Finally, the two landed in a circular room. There was a sword in the middle of it, and a man with gold armor. 

"Loki, what have you brought with you?" He said in a booming voice. 

"You know damn well," With that, Loki plunged his dagger into the man's chest. "That ought to do it," 

Alex watched in shock as the man collapsed onto his knees, then onto the ground. The man didn't die instantly either, she watched as he groaned as the life left him. 

"W-Why did you do that?" 

"So Thor cannot return." 

"B-But how are they going to be able to give the scepter back to you?" 

He roughly dragged her down a rainbow road. "There are other ways to leave Asgard. But not where you'll be staying,"

"Where will I be staying?" 

"That,"

He pointed to the large castle ahead of them. Maybe, she thought to herself, this won't be the worst thing in the world.

She took a mental note of this, but something told her that these ways weren't known to many. She was distracted in her thoughts by the golden city they walked towards. 

Asgard, in all its glory. 

"So, this scepter, what does it do?" She asked innocently. 

Her plan was to stall until Tony could get to her. Surely, if she could drive Loki crazy enough, he might just see her as less than worth the trouble. 

"More than you could ever imagine," 

"Try me,"

"Why don't I show you when I get it?" He gave her a dark smile. 

"I'll pass," 

"Just keep your mouth shut until we get to the dungeons and we won't have any problems," 

"Dungeons?! I thought I was staying in the castle," She looked up at the enormous thing. 

"The dungeons are under the castle," He retorted. 

He shoved her into a doorway that was off to the side of the castle. Making sure no guards were around, he led her to the dungeons. They were dark, and empty. 

"Must be a well-behaved city," She commented, looking around with fear in her eyes. 

"They're afraid of their ruler." 

"And who's that?" 

He grinned, and she understood. 

"In my father's absence, I have taken the throne," 

"Where's your father?" She was afraid of the answer. 

"He's fallen into Odinsleep. A terrible tragedy," 

Something told her he wasn't too upset about it. 

They reached a cell, and he threw her in. It was like a glass box, and didn't seem to have a door. He lifted some sort of spell that was cast on it to put her in, then closed it. 

"So, you're some kind of wizard," 

"No," He said disdainfully. "Wizards are imposters. I, am a god. And for the love of the nine realms, stop asking so many questions." 

"But I have so many," 

"And I don't care." He seethed. "I must find a way to get my scepter back from those mewling quims."

"Tony's going to save me. I bet I'm not even here a day," She said, faking as much confidence as she could. 

"And how would he do that?" Loki's face flashed with amusement. He loved to banter, she could tell. 

"The Avengers will rescue me," 

"Right, and how exactly are they going to reach Asgard? In another realm, far away from Midgard, your pathetic planet?"

"Well, I'm sure they'll find a way." 

"Not before they retrieve my scepter for me," His eyes darkened. "Why is a puny mortal such as yourself important, anyway?" 

"I'm not important," She quickly said, attempting to mask her abilities. 

"I've been watching over my target for a while, and he's had you with him everyday of it. You must be of some importance to him,"

"I work for him," 

"That's not all," He paced, hands clasped behind his back. "But really, I'd like to know what you're capable of. If anything. However, you are a woman, so I'm not sure you're not capable of truly anything."

Her blood began to boil at his words, and couldn't help it when the lights began to flicker. 

She watched as Loki's face slowly curled into a smirk. His suspicions were correct. He laughed darkly for a second, then looked at her through the glass. 

"Now this," He began. "Is an advancement." 

"A what?" Anxiety crept in as he knew her secret. 

"You've got powers, or some form of them. How saddening it would be to watch you kill your own mentor,"

"I would never hurt Tony," Alex's fear began to creep up her spine. She could no longer pretend. 

"Maybe not, but with the scepter's power to turn your heart, I'm afraid you won't have much say in the matter. Yes, this is good," 

She banged on the glass, growing frantic as he walked away. He laughed at her panic, making her grow even more afraid. 

"They'll come for me," 

"And let me know when they do." He said aloud, leaving her. He stopped, saying over his shoulder, 

"They have something of mine and I'd like it back." 

________________________________

𝚢𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎! 𝚙𝚕𝚜 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 408 87
Starts with the first Avengers. She's not good and she's not bad. She's neither a hero nor a villain. Well, but she's the one woman that does the thi...
6.7K 212 9
Y/N is the newest Avenger. ( Set during Avengers 1) Loki is being held in Avengers a Tower. Y/N got lost in her new home and stumbled upon Loki's cel...
13.3K 604 33
"Lia, I have always given you what you wanted. This is the first time I want something from you. Can't you just do that for me?" "Alright Tony. I'll...
372 37 25
In a world where superheroes and villains collide, Elizabeth Stark, the daughter of the renowned Tony Stark, finds herself thrust into an unexpected...