Ambiguous Relationship

By yojie23

He is handsome, arrogant and is of the elite class. Being straightforward and brave, she shamelessly pursued... More

Chapter 1: I'm sick
Chapter 2: Pursuing Meng Gu
Chapter 3: In the supermarket
Chapter 4: Blind date (1)
Chapter 5: Chance encounter
Chapter 6: Chen Ruo Yu
Chapter 7: In the hospital
Chapter 8: We are friends
Chapter 9: Misfortunes
Chapter 10: Treat me to a dinner
Chapter 11: Appointment
Chapter 12: Emotional problem
Chapter 13: Gathering
Chapter 14: Rotten peach blossom
Chapter 15: Calling home
Chapter 16: Blood Phobia
Chapter 17: More than a relative
Chapter 18: Sisi pursues Meng Gu
Chapter 19: My own people
Chapter 20: Lend you a shoulder
Chapter 21: Gift
Chapter 22: Sweet dinner
Chapter 23: Looking for help
Chapter 24: Tang Mother
Chapter 25: Mental patient
Chapter 26: Missing him
Chapter 27: Asking for help
Chapter 28: Surprise (1)
Chapter 29: Surprise (2)
Chapter 30: Drunk
Chapter 31: MG's ex-girlfriend
Chapter 32: Heart to heart talk
Chapter 33: A tooth for a tooth
Chapter 34: The bite
Chapter 35: Qi Yao's visit
Chapter 36: He is cute
Chapter 37: Mom is sick
Chapter 38: Chen Mother
Chapter 39: Blind-date (2)
Chapter 40: Same district love
Chapter 41: Come home
Chapter 42: You are only a doctor
Chapter 43: Are you controlling me?
Chapter 44: I want to be your boyfriend
Chapter 46: You are cute
Chapter 47: Sincerity
Chapter 48: Boyfriend girlfriend relationship
Chapter 49: MG's girlfriend comes calling
Chapter 50: Don't change
Chapter 51: Solution
Chapter 52: You are so stupid
Chapter 53: First date
Chapter 54: Really like you very much
Chapter 55: Chaste man
Chapter 56: Do you dare to love me?
Chapter 57_Sisi is getting married
Chapter 58_Scold him
Chapter 59_A drunk Chen Ruo Yu
Chapter 60 - Meng Gu's POV (1)
Chapter 61 - Meng Gu's POV (2)
Chapter 62 - Meng Gu's POV (3)
Chapter 63 - Meng Gu's POV (4)
Chapter 64 - Coaxing Chen Ruo Yu
Chapter 65 - Sisi's concern
Chapter 66 - Touched
Chapter 67 - Gift
Chapter 68 - Take your medicine
Chapter 69 - Bank card
Chapter 70 - Zhou Zhe & Bao Ni
Chapter 71 - Zhuo Zhe's parents
Chapter 72 - Meng Mother's view
Chapter 73 - Give me the key
Chapter 74 - I love you
Chapter 75 - Home for the New Year
Chapter 76 - A night together in C-city
Chapter 77 - Slapped
Chapter 78 - Son-in-law
Chapter 79 - Chen Mother's questions
Chapter 80 - Meeting Meng Father
Chapter 81 - Stay together until we grow old
Chapter 82 - Chen Ruo Yu vs Qi Yao
Chapter 83 - The Proposal (End)
Chapter 84 - Epilogue 1 - The Wedding
Chapter 85 - Epilogue 2 - Husband and Wife Mini Theater

Chapter 45: Apologize

391 9 0
By yojie23

“Who cares?”  Chen Ruo Yu roared.  She opened the door, slammed it shut and left.

She held her breath and rushed downstairs.  When she reached the garden, she saw a lounge chair and sat down.  She gasped for air and her mind was blank. 

Just now, did he say he wanted to be her boyfriend?

Her mind is empty.

The night breeze felt cooling and her mind began to clear up.

He had kissed her and then said he wanted to be her boyfriend.

Is this what she is thinking?  Is this actually what she is thinking?

But the important point is……what is she thinking?  Actually, she did not know.

She felt she must have been too angry and now her mind is empty.  Slowly she got up and went home. 

When she entered her house, she saw Liang Sisi had a facial mask on her face while watching TV.  She remembered that Liang Sisi was also interested in Meng Gu and suddenly she felt her face burning.  She hurriedly greeted Sisi and entered her bedroom. 

Sitting at the edge of her bed, her mind was still a complete blank.

After thinking for a long time, she finally felt that she must be the most stupid person in the world. 

Sisi was right.  How can there be friendship between a man and a woman if they wanted to be close?  She must be an idiot to think that it was possible for her and Meng Gu to do that.

In her mind, she recalled the time she and Meng Gu had first met until now.  At that time, she had walked into Meng Gu’s clinic with Gao Yu Lan.  Meng Gu had smiled and picked up the adorable child, Niu Niu.  At first glance, she had felt Meng Gu looked very handsome in his white coat.  He had joked and his talk was interesting and she could not help but laugh along.  His voice sounded very nice and his smile was very charming.  Then she started to pursue him.  He had used the method of no-response to reject her and later, he had refused her personally.  He said he could only be a friend to her and in the end, they became friends.

He was very determined.  He was clear and decisive and on more than one occasion, using different methods, he showed her the impossibility between them.  And she had worked hard, seriously and carefully put him in the position as her friend.

Now he says he wants to be her boyfriend.

It is even more disturbing than the first kiss he gave her tonight.

She stood up and went to wash her face to make herself feel wide awake, then returned to continue sitting down in a daze.  As she entered into the cloud of daze, suddenly her cell phone rang and she was startled.

After hesitating for a long time, she pulled out her cell phone and took a look.

Fortunately, it was not him.

She picked up the call.  “Lan Lan, what is it?”

“Ruo Yu, let me tell you, Meng Gu called Yin Ze again.  This time, he also roared again for half an hour.  I think he drank too much again.  He said repeatedly that you made him angry and said that if you don’t apologize, he will not be merciful to you.  He talked endlessly in a confused state and we also don’t understand what he was talking about.  Quick tell me, what did you do to him?  After you left the bar with him, where did you take him?  Yin Ze said you left very quickly and by the time, he rushed out of the bar, both of you had disappeared.”

Chen Ruo Yu’s face was filled with black lines.  Must Yin Ze’s spirit of gossiping be so strong and he had also rushed out of the bar?

But that time, they should not have left yet…..they should have been huddled in that dark corner of the wall…….Chen Ruo Yu blushed.  Quickly, she shifted Gao Yu Lan’s attention and asked her.  “How did you get to hear Meng Gu talking on the phone?  What else did he say?”

“He had drunk too much and he called Yin Ze.  Then it seems he was repeatedly saying the same things so Yin Ze became impatient.  Yin Ze put the phone down and let him talk while Yin Ze watched TV.  My hands itched and picked up the phone to listen.  In the end, I still couldn’t make out what he said but in any case, he was very angry.”

He drank until he was incoherent?  Chen Ruo Yu frowned.  When she left, that guy was obviously sober.   Did he drink again?

“Actually, what happened?  I had asked Yin Ze what Meng Gu said about you.  As a result, he just laughed and said that it was men’s talk and he can’t tell me.”

What kind of men’s talk?  Chen Ruo Yu felt her scalp turned numb.  Meng Gu and Yin Ze is a small team with uncouth mouths and thick-skin.  Who knows what they will talk about when they meet.  And now is Meng Gu outside drinking again?

She felt anxious and did not want to continue to talk with Gao Yu Lan anymore.  She answered with a few words and hung up the phone.  Quickly, she dialed Meng Gu’s number.

The first time, he did not answer.  The second time, he waited for a long time before he picked up the call.

Sure enough, he was really drunk.  His voice sounded a bit disconnected and she was not certain whether he was awakened by her call.

She controlled her anger and asked him.  “Where are you?”

“Who are you?”  He did not answer and instead, he asked a question.  Carefully, she listened and on the other side of the phone, it was very quiet, so he should not be in a bar.

“Are you at home?”

“Your voice sounds very familiar, like that hateful Chen Ruo Yu.”

Chen Ruo Yu gritted her teeth.  It was only just now he had said he wanted to be her boyfriend and now he says she is hateful.

“Are you asleep?  Are you at home?”  In any case, she had to find out whether he is at home and whether he is safe.

Meng Gu’s reaction was very slow and it took him a long time before he grunted a sound.

She asked again.  “Are you sleeping on the bed?”

“Are you Chen Ruo Yu?”  He stuttered.

“No.”  She snapped.

“If you’re not, then I will tell you......I’m sleeping on the bed.  If Chen Ruo Yu asked, I will tell her........I’m sleeping on the sofa.”

Chen Ruo Yu propped up her forehead in frustration and was unable to breathe.  “Are you drinking again?”

“Chen Ruo Yu is very hateful.”  He gave her an irrelevant answer.

You are the one that is hateful! !   She really wanted to pick up something to hit him.  This stinky man!  In the future, she will not bother about him and let him drink himself to death.

“There is wine at home.”  He said suddenly.

The drunken Tyrannosaurus’s reflex arc was really outrageous.

It seems now is not the right time to discuss matters with him.  Forget it.  Anyway, she still had not thought anything out clearly yet.  It’s alright now that she knows he is fine.

She was about to tell him ~ You should have a good rest.  I’m hanging up ~ when suddenly Meng Gu cried out loudly.  “Chen Ruo Yu! ! “

Chen Ruo Yu jumped with fright and roared back.  “What?!”

“I was serious when I kissed her and after kissing her, she gave me a disgusted look like she had swallowed a bunch of flies.  Then she kicked me and did not answer my phone calls.  She insulted my self-esteem.”

She was dumbfounded.  When did she show a disgusted expression?  And she had also swallowed a bunch of flies?  Such exaggerations! ! !

“So she has to apologize to me!  Otherwise, this will not end!”

This will not end?  Coming out of the bar, he had even manhandled her.  What does he mean when he said he wanted to be her boyfriend?  Playing with her?

At the same time, she also felt angry.  “You are the one who should also apologize!  Who do you think you are?  Do I deserve to be kissed by you?  This is called molest and you behaved like a rogue!  You are the one who should apologize or else this will not end!”

The phone was silent for a long while and then suddenly Meng Gu’s soft voice asked.  “If I apologized, is it correct that she will not be angry with me anymore?  I want to be her boyfriend.”  That tone sounded as if he was wronged and innocent, as fragile as a child and also with a trace of laziness seeping through the man’s sexiness.

Chen Ruo Yu was stunned and was hit right on target again.  Forgive him?  Not to feel angry?  How should she handle this?  Why did she feel unclear about the whole thing?

She did not know what answer to give him and suddenly Meng Gu said evilly on the other end.  “In the future, if I see her once, I will kiss her once…….and I will kiss her until she will not be disgusted with it! !”

Chen Ruo Yu was hit on target once more but she still did not know how to respond to him.

See her once, kiss her once?  What is that scenario?  Her mind ran out of control and she blushed.  Then she suddenly thought about a very important matter.

“Meng Gu!  You didn’t tell Yin Ze all this, did you?”  She scolded him.  If this matter of frivolous kissing is told to other people, then how is she going to live through this?

“What has this got to do with Yin Ze?!  Now, I’m talking about that stupid woman, Chen Ruo Yu!”  Meng Gu roared even louder.  “I want to be her boyfriend!  But she actually told me ~ Who cares ~ and then she slammed my door.  This woman, there is no end with her!”

Mention about boyfriend again!

She ignored his terrible attitude and suddenly she felt her heartbeat race.  This time, she thinks she had grasped the important point.

“Dr. Meng, why did you kiss her?  Why do you want to be her boyfriend?”  Taking the opportunity he is drunk, she probed.  She had to ask this time since there might not be another chance again.

“Why?  Do you still have to ask?  You are a fo…….”  Before he could finish the sentence, the phone suddenly disconnected.

She stared blankly at the phone with the disconnected tone ringing.  She guessed he wanted to say the word ‘fool’ but why was the phone disconnected?

She hesitated and then summoned the courage to dial his number again but she could only hear the prompt that the phone was turned off.

Could it be……

His cell phone battery is dead! 

Actually no battery? !

At this crucial time? !

She was in a mess.  She really wanted to rush over to Meng Gu’s place and shake him awake to make him speak clearly.  Why did he act so crazily?

It’s not possible for him to like her!  The whole world knows he likes the type of girls who are beautiful and glamorous.   His first love is very stubborn and his second and third loves are clever and have poise.  Regardless of appearance or personality, she does not measure up.  He had even rejected her before!   He had also said he could only be friends with her!

He is Mr. Peach Blossom Forest.  He has a lot of peach blossoms, and she is just a rotten peach blossom stem!

Today he had suffered a setback and was in a bad mood and it so happens she had appeared.  She showed concern for him and he knew about this.  He needed concern and comfort.  Did he act on impulse?  He was not interested in the blind-date his father had arranged for him and he felt upset because his first love came back, so he needed a girlfriend.  And she was right beside him.  He knew that she likes him and so, did he compromise on this?

This night, Chen Ruo Yu did not sleep well.  The more she pondered, the more she was afraid to ask him.

It’s true that time cannot be lost.  Will this loss come again?

For the next two days, she was distracted and confused.  She did not call Meng Gu and he also did not call her.  Several times, she picked up the phone but put it down again.  She felt that she should not call him first.  It was he who provoked her and by right, he should call her.  Since he did not contact her, she felt even more strongly she should not contact him. 

After proclaiming that he wanted to be her boyfriend, he actually disappeared on the second day and this made her unhappy.  After a few days, Chen Ruo Yu finally felt that getting herself into a confused state was a mistake.  Her IQ was low and her EQ was naught.  She should not think too much of this matter with Meng Gu since nothing will happen between them.

On the third day which was a Wednesday, Zhou Zhe gave a call to Chen Ruo Yu and invited her to have dinner with him over the weekend.  She agreed.  Yesterday, she received a call from her father and he had said, no matter what, she should try to get along with Zhou Zhe.  They should try to be friends since they were neighbors and also they were from the same hometown.  Anyway, they were bound to see a lot of each other.  Her father had also advised her not to give up their friendship just because of their parents’ relationship.  So to put her parents’ mind at rest, she agreed readily to Zhou Zhe’s invitation.

As soon as she ended the call from Zhou Zhe, she also received a call from Tang Jin Cai.  He said that his family was very grateful to her and Meng Gu for their help earlier and therefore he would like to invite both of them to dinner and insisted that they accept.

Initially, Chen Ruo Yu wanted to refuse but when she thought about it……isn’t this a good reason and a good opportunity for her to call Meng Gu?  So she said she would have to talk to Dr. Meng first to find out whether he would be free to go.

On the other end of the line, Tang Jin Cai stammered a little and said.  “If Dr. Meng is not free to attend, then, Miss Chen must come.  I haven’t seen you for a long time.  I will send you the address and you must make sure to come.”

Chen Ruo Yu felt a bit awkward.  The meaning of his statement made her a little uncomfortable.  Just now, she had not refused outright and only said she would talk to Meng Gu.  Now, if she says she is not free, it would be impolite and she gave a vague answer which amounted to a promise.

She thought for a long time on how to tell Meng Gu.  Because this is a dinner invitation from Tang Jin Cai and Meng Gu would certainly refuse.  Anyway, her real purpose is not to ask him to go. 

So, the important point is, this is an opening for their conversation and after this, how will she carry on and ask him about their problem?

Now their relationship is a bit awkward.  Whether they will break up and how will they break up is also a problem.  Strictly speaking, in such an unclear relationship it was difficult to say whether they were really entangled with one another or whether they should break up.

Chen Ruo Yu dragged this matter into the evening before she finally decided to dial Meng Gu’s number.  It does not matter……it is just a phone call and she will respond according to the situation.  Anyway, she will first test his attitude.

Meng Gu answered the call and his voice carried a nasal sound.

He has a cold!

Before Chen Ruo Yu had started to speak, her anger rose.  She already knew!  That night he had been creating so much trouble and it would be a surprise if he did not fall sick!

She held back her temper and told Meng Gu about Tang Jin Cai’s invitation.  While waiting for Meng Gu’s refusal, she had already thought of what to reply to him.  She wanted to pretend to ask how he got sick, then lead the conversation to that night and ask him for an explanation.

Unexpectedly, Meng Gu actually said.  “Okay, I’ll go.  What time?  Where?”

“Ah?!”  She was dumbstruck.  What kind of trouble is he trying to cook up again? 

“You’re sick!  You can’t go!”

“I want to go.”

“If you’re sick, you should rest.”

“I want to go.”  Meng Gu was very insistent.

“It will be impolite for you to blow your nose at the dining table.”

“That is not the point!”  Meng Gu was not receptive to any persuasion at all.

He only asked.  “Where are we going to meet tomorrow?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 254K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
691K 15.7K 51
"Real lifeမှာ စကေးကြမ်းလွန်းတဲ့ စနိုက်ကြော်ဆိုတာမရှိဘူး ပျော်ဝင်သွားတဲ့ယောကျာ်းဆိုတာပဲရှိတယ်" "ခေါင်းလေးပဲညိတ်ပေး Bae မင်းငြီးငွေ့ရလောက်အောင်အထိ ငါချ...
704K 40.9K 35
|ROSES AND CIGARETTES Book-I| She was someone who likes to be in her shell and He was someone who likes to break all the shells. "Junoon ban chuki ho...
169K 13.3K 21
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...