Ambiguous Relationship

By yojie23

He is handsome, arrogant and is of the elite class. Being straightforward and brave, she shamelessly pursued... More

Chapter 1: I'm sick
Chapter 2: Pursuing Meng Gu
Chapter 3: In the supermarket
Chapter 4: Blind date (1)
Chapter 5: Chance encounter
Chapter 6: Chen Ruo Yu
Chapter 7: In the hospital
Chapter 8: We are friends
Chapter 9: Misfortunes
Chapter 10: Treat me to a dinner
Chapter 11: Appointment
Chapter 12: Emotional problem
Chapter 13: Gathering
Chapter 14: Rotten peach blossom
Chapter 15: Calling home
Chapter 16: Blood Phobia
Chapter 17: More than a relative
Chapter 18: Sisi pursues Meng Gu
Chapter 19: My own people
Chapter 20: Lend you a shoulder
Chapter 21: Gift
Chapter 22: Sweet dinner
Chapter 23: Looking for help
Chapter 25: Mental patient
Chapter 26: Missing him
Chapter 27: Asking for help
Chapter 28: Surprise (1)
Chapter 29: Surprise (2)
Chapter 30: Drunk
Chapter 31: MG's ex-girlfriend
Chapter 32: Heart to heart talk
Chapter 33: A tooth for a tooth
Chapter 34: The bite
Chapter 35: Qi Yao's visit
Chapter 36: He is cute
Chapter 37: Mom is sick
Chapter 38: Chen Mother
Chapter 39: Blind-date (2)
Chapter 40: Same district love
Chapter 41: Come home
Chapter 42: You are only a doctor
Chapter 43: Are you controlling me?
Chapter 44: I want to be your boyfriend
Chapter 45: Apologize
Chapter 46: You are cute
Chapter 47: Sincerity
Chapter 48: Boyfriend girlfriend relationship
Chapter 49: MG's girlfriend comes calling
Chapter 50: Don't change
Chapter 51: Solution
Chapter 52: You are so stupid
Chapter 53: First date
Chapter 54: Really like you very much
Chapter 55: Chaste man
Chapter 56: Do you dare to love me?
Chapter 57_Sisi is getting married
Chapter 58_Scold him
Chapter 59_A drunk Chen Ruo Yu
Chapter 60 - Meng Gu's POV (1)
Chapter 61 - Meng Gu's POV (2)
Chapter 62 - Meng Gu's POV (3)
Chapter 63 - Meng Gu's POV (4)
Chapter 64 - Coaxing Chen Ruo Yu
Chapter 65 - Sisi's concern
Chapter 66 - Touched
Chapter 67 - Gift
Chapter 68 - Take your medicine
Chapter 69 - Bank card
Chapter 70 - Zhou Zhe & Bao Ni
Chapter 71 - Zhuo Zhe's parents
Chapter 72 - Meng Mother's view
Chapter 73 - Give me the key
Chapter 74 - I love you
Chapter 75 - Home for the New Year
Chapter 76 - A night together in C-city
Chapter 77 - Slapped
Chapter 78 - Son-in-law
Chapter 79 - Chen Mother's questions
Chapter 80 - Meeting Meng Father
Chapter 81 - Stay together until we grow old
Chapter 82 - Chen Ruo Yu vs Qi Yao
Chapter 83 - The Proposal (End)
Chapter 84 - Epilogue 1 - The Wedding
Chapter 85 - Epilogue 2 - Husband and Wife Mini Theater

Chapter 24: Tang Mother

235 8 2
By yojie23

"Save you?  What is the matter?"

"I'm on a blind date."

"You've met rogues?"

"No. No.  They are more powerful than rogues."  Chen Ruo Yu looked around her.  Other than the lady who was washing her hands, there was no one.  She held the phone close and said in a whisper.  "He brought his mother."

The other end of the phone was very quiet. Then Meng Gu's patient voice could be heard.  "So what if he brings his mother?  Do you need to be saved?  You are a bit over-exaggerating.  If he is not suitable for you, you can just leave."

"He is introduced by a friend.  I cannot be rude towards him."

"Even if he is introduced by a friend, there is no guarantee that both of you will marry and have children."

"He is not an ordinary friend.  This man is her business associate.  If I don’t handle this properly, it may affect my friend."

"Then you have to do the proper way.  Just chat with them and then you can leave. Later, just tell your friend to relay a message to him and say that he is not suitable.  That will settle everything, right?" 

All this time, she had always known he has a poisonous tongue, does she need him to teach her this?

"No. No.  I have Elders phobia and I can't talk to them.  I was stuttering just now.  Then after sitting down for ten minutes, his mother had already started to talk about giving birth to a baby.  After five minutes, I guess her grandson will already be in kindergarten.  I felt I could not breathe, my face became numb and my hands and feet were cold."

The phone was quiet again.  "Drink something sweet."  He instructed.

"I had already drunk hot cocoa."

"Where are you?"

Chen Ruo Yu told him the address and after listening to him, she gathered that Mongolian doctor was willing to come and rescue her.  Suddenly she calmed down a lot and said.  "Wait a minute.  I know what I'm going to say.  Actually, I need someone to come and look for me, pretending to be very anxious and say that a friend of mine is very ill.  The situation is very urgent and tells me to go to the hospital immediately otherwise I won't be able to see her again."

Meng Gu put his hand to his forehead.  "Chen Ruo Yu, this kind of drama can just be played out on the phone."

"Yi?"  Chen Ruo Yu suddenly realized.  "That's right.  You're right.  Then, in this case, I won't have to bother you."

She quickly hung up the phone, then dialed Liang Sisi's number but it was turned off.  Then she dialed Lan Lan's number.  The first time, she did not pick up and the second time Chen Ruo Yu called, it was a long time before she picked up the call.  But with the screams of the child and the dog's barking, all mixed together, obviously, Lan Lan could not possibly act out the play with her.  Chen Ruo Yu told Gao Yu Lan, she will call her later and then hung up the phone.

Well, now there was only Dr. Meng left.

Chen Ruo Yu was in a panic.  After thinking for a while, she decided to go out and try to deal with the situation herself. 

She braced herself, went back to her seat and found the lady who was in the toilet just now, actually sitting directly behind her.  When she passed by the lady's table, the lady saw her and the lady politely nodded and smiled at Chen Ruo Yu. 

Chen Ruo Yu forced herself to return her smile, then took a deep breath and encouraged herself in her heart.

The moment she sat down, Tang Mother asked.  "Why were you away for so long?  Are you feeling unwell?"

"No. No.  Thank you for Auntie's concern."  Chen Ruo Yu felt her stomach constrict.  She took a sip of the hot cocoa.  It was not too hot but it was terribly sweet.

"Xiao Yu, what other people do you have at home?  If you are really married to Ah Cai, your family will not move in with us, will they?"

Chen Ruo Yu tried to keep the smile on her face.  "Auntie, it is now still too early to talk about this.  I just met Mr. Tang."  As she said, she silently glanced at Tang Jin Cai and he returned an apologetic look at her.

"It's not too early.  Ah Cai is already nearly 30 and Xiao Yu, you're not young either, you're already 26, is that correct?  You have to hurry up.  I'm acceptable to anything.  I'm also acquainted with Zhao Xia and we have been working together for a long time.  She is a good person and I like her.  Since she had introduced you, I'm sure she did not do this indiscriminately.  You have good facial features, your forehead is wide enough, your eyebrows are well-formed, your earlobes are round and your eyes are clear.  You have a face of good fortune."

She is so terribly unlucky and this Auntie is saying she is blessed with good fortune.  Chen Ruo Yu really cannot smile anymore.

But Tang Mother still continued to talk.  "Oh yes, how much is Zhao Xia paying you a month?"

"I……I don’t get a salary.  I'm just an agent under her and I get a commission for my sales."

"Then how much can you earn?"  Tang Mother wrinkled her eyebrows.

Chen Ruo Yu lifted up her cup and took a sip of the sweet, heavy hot cocoa drink.  She really did not want to answer this question.

"Forget it.  This is not a big deal.  When the time comes, you can work with us in our company. It is our family business and it's more convenient.  You don’t have to work outside.  We don’t mind how much our daughter-in-law earns and it doesn't matter to us.  You are now 26 and you should have children early.  In fact, it is best to have children before the age of 25 and now it is already very late for you."

Then you should look for a daughter-in-law under 25 years of age.

Chen Ruo Yu could not sit still any longer and felt her back ached and the pain in her butt.

"Auntie, it is really too early to discuss this.  It is better to drink some tea."

"Young people like you don’t understand the urgency, so that is why all of you only become mothers in old age.  Children born to middle-aged mothers are not smart.  Oh yes, talking about children……when I chose a name for Ah Cai, I had also prepared several names.  They are very good, so when the time comes, you don’t have to worry about choosing names for your children.  I've prepared everything.  In addition, now that kindergartens are not easy to get admitted, the child's place has to be booked in advance.  There is a kindergarten near our district and I've visited that place.  Later, you can leave the responsibility of taking care of the child to me.  You don’t have to hire a babysitter and you don’t have to ask your family for help…….."

"Auntie, I'm sorry.  I've to go to the restroom again."  Chen Ruo Yu could not stand it any longer and she quickly made an excuse to escape.

She hid in the restroom to make a call.  She was falling apart and her stomach felt painful.

"Dr. Meng, I really don’t know what to do.  Please help me."  Chen Ruo Yu had long forgotten that just now she had impolitely hung up his call and had instead called Liang Sisi and Gao Yu Lan for help.

"How do you want me to help you?"  Meng Gu was not in a good mood but he did not hang her call.  It seems that there is still hope and Chen Ruo Yu was touched by him. 

"It won't be too much of a trouble for Dr. Meng.  You just have to make a pretend call to me and act out this play together with me saying something like there is a terrible emergency that requires me to leave immediately."

Meng Gu sighed.  "Chen Ruo Yu, if you need to act out a play on the phone, you can do it on your own."

"No, no.  I can't do it alone.  I can't pretend to talk on the phone when a call is not through.  Anyway, it will look more real when the phone rings and I pick up the phone to answer.  You don’t know, his mother is extremely powerful and she can talk and talk non-stop, regardless of whether others want to listen to her or not.  She is now talking about kindergarten and following this she will talk about elementary school, then college and then eventually she will be carrying her great-grandson.  I really can't do anything.  When she speaks, my brain starts to swell and I can't think straight.  If there is no one to act this out with me, I will definitely expose my lies and by that time, it will be embarrassing."

"Chen Ruo Yu, what should I say about you?'

"Say what you want but don’t say it now.  Today is already a bad day for me.  Dr. Meng just hold on and we can discuss this later but now, you have to help me."

The phone on the end was quiet for a few seconds.  "Okay, wait for me."

Chen Ruo Yu heaved a sigh of relief and put away her phone.  She washed her face with cold water and she became more alert.  She mentally prepared herself again before returning to her seat.

Tang Mother once again was concerned about Chen Ruo Yu's health.  This time, she directly asked whether there was any problem with her kidneys.  Then she talked about the difficulties the Tang Family faced when they started their business.  Although their company is small, their business is pretty good.  Then she also arranged a position in the company for Chen Ruo Yu and then began to tell her about her duties in the company.  At the side, Tang Jin Cai tried to put an end to the conversation but was fiercely reprimanded by his mother.  When Chen Ruo Yu saw this, she did not dare to say anything more.  Secretly she took out her cell phone and looked at it under the table.  Meng Gu's call did not come in.

Tang Mother started to talk about meeting Chen Ruo Yu's parents.  Chen Ruo Yu stammered and said that it was too early since Tang Jin Cai and she just met and there was no way it could be arranged.  This made Tang Mother unhappy.  Then the topic changed and she said that Tang Jin Cai is an only child and hope that the both of them will stay with them after they get married, so they will not be buying a new house.  Since young people did not know anything about wedding banquet feasts, so she wanted to talk these matters over with Chen Ruo Yu's parents.

Chen Ruo Yu started to sweat.  Her cell phone had not rung even once and her heart sank. Meng Gu had actually promised to help but he did not rescue her.  She could not tolerate any more and said to Tang Mother.  "Auntie, I'm sorry. Suddenly I remembered I have something to do.  I have to leave immediately.  Why don’t we meet again one of these days and I will invite you for tea again?"

"You have something to do?  How can you have something to do so suddenly?  Is it because Auntie is annoying?  That's why I say, elderly people like us like to nag a bit and it is also for the good of you young people.  If I did not come today, what will the both of you talk about?  Just meet each other and take it slowly?  How long will you drag before you start talking about getting married?  I am a straightforward person and if you have any conditions, just speak up.  At least in this way, both of you know what to expect, isn't this better?"

"No. No.  I really have something to do.  I…..I just forgot.  Suddenly I only just remembered."

"Then Miss Chen should hurry to settle whatever matter you have to do.  We will not hinder you."  Tang Jing Cai tried to mediate in this situation and Chen Ruo Yu nodded at him in gratitude.  When she was about to beckon for the bill, Tang Mother who did not believe her, continued to ask.  "What is so important?"

Chen Ruo Yu was feeling desperate.  She made up her mind to ignore Tang Mother and leave straight away.  When she raised her head, she saw Meng Gu's handsome figure walking in.

Her tears nearly flowed down.  Thank God…… thank Mr. Meng Gu for his conscience…..no, no….. thank Mr. Meng Gu for his compassion.

He did not call because he had come in person.  Just now she had accused him wrongly.

He must have felt she would not be able to play-act well and embarrass herself, so he had come to rescue her in person. 

He is a hero!  He is a good and kind person!

Meng Gu stood in the doorway of the café and saw Chen Ruo Yu's gloomy face with her eyes gleaming with lights of gratitude.  He strode over in big strides and stood in front of Chen Ruo Yu's table.

Chen Ruo Yu looked up at him and hoped he would quickly say that someone had met with an accident or someone was slashed or someone had a cerebral hemorrhage or someone had jumped down from a building……..anything as long as it was imperative that she leave immediately to see that someone before she dies.  

The result was……Meng Gu said.  "Why didn't you go for the consultation today?  Director Liu of the Psychiatric Department said that you had made an appointment but you did not turn up."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 196K 89
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
223K 10.7K 49
"သက်ထက်မြိုင်" စံအိမ်ကြီးရဲ့သခင်လေး အသက်၁၅ နှစ်အရွယ် မာန်ဆက်နောင်ကို ဆိုးလွန်းလို့ ထိန်းကျောင်းရန်အတွက် ရေးစစ်သွင်ဆိုတဲ့အထိန်းတော် တစ်ယောက် ရောက်ရှိလ...
194K 38.7K 57
Becca Belfort i Haze Connors, choć przez swoich znajomych zmuszani do spędzania razem czasu całą paczką, od dawna się nie znoszą. Dogryzają sobie prz...
705K 40.9K 35
|ROSES AND CIGARETTES Book-I| She was someone who likes to be in her shell and He was someone who likes to break all the shells. "Junoon ban chuki ho...