My Growing Family ('My Baby's...

Von SimplyAmber96

This is the sequel to the story 'My Baby's Daddy'. Hayden and Drake are back with there son Brandon. when Hay... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (Part 1)
Chapter 28 (Part 2)
Chapter 29 (Part 1)
Chapter 29 (Part 2)
Epilogue

Chapter 6

9.7K 200 13
Von SimplyAmber96

Chapter 6

Genders

Drake's P.O.V*

I grimaced as I pulled the dirty dishes into the large bin. Everyone has the easy job of taking orders and bringing out food. I get to clean up the leftovers.

"Come on Drake, speed it up." Haley said, poking me in my side as she walked by.

"Easy for you to say." I mumbled as I reset the table.

I walked into the back and cleared out the bin of dirty dishes. Mark, the dishwasher gave an annoyed look.

"Just doing my job." I said, putting my hands up in defense. At least I don't have his job.

I went back out and looked around, there were no other tables to clear so I leaned against the wall in the back of the restaurant and waited.

"People not eating fast enough?" Haley asked me, smiling as she placed the orders she'd taken.

"No. I could stand here all day."

"Ms. Jane wouldn't allow that. Sorry." She gave me a fake frown.

"What? She loves me. She doesn't care what I do."

"Ms. Jane loves everyone." She rolled her eyes.

My cell rang, making me jump. I thought I turned that off before I started working. I took it from my pocket and saw that it was Hayden calling me.

"Hey, what's up?" I answered.

"I'm sorry to call you while you're at work."

"No, it's fine. What do you need? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. I was wondering if it would be okay if Kristie, Joey, Fiona, and Ashton could come over for dinner?"

"What? Shouldn't Fiona and Ashton be on their honeymoon?"

"They don't leave until next week."

"Why do they want to come over anyway?"

"I don't know. They asked to come over for dinner so I'm asking you first."

"Well, I guess they can come over. But I'm not cooking."

"Okay. Love you. See you when you get home."

"Bye."

I hung up and stuffed my phone back in my pocket. I really wish we weren't having company. But Hayden seemed like she wanted them to come over so I couldn't say no.

"Everything okay?" Haley asked me.

"My girlfriend wants her friends to come over for dinner."

"You live with your girlfriend?"

"Well we have a 2-tear-old and three more on the way. Can you imagine me not living with her?" I saw a table of people get up and leave. "I have a table to clear. Talk to you later."

Hayden's P.O.V*

I sat on the floor and played with Brandon. It feels like I don't do this enough, or it's been a while.

"Truck." Brandon said, holding up his toy truck.

"Yeah, truck." I said smiling. He knows so many words knows it's amazing. He knows most of the alphabet and can count to 15. He's growing up so fast and I wish it would slow down.

"Food." He said, patting his mouth.

"Okay, I'll get you a snack."

I got up with a grunt. My stomach is getting so big. It's hard to do things and I'm only 18 weeks. It's insane. I made my way into the kitchen and began to chop up a banana. I got a small cup of applesauce and got a spoon. I brought it into the living room and placed it on the floor in front of Brandon.

"Thank you." He said, and I smiled. He already has good manners at age two.

"You're welcome sweetie."

As Brandon at his snack, I began to clean up some of his toys and the kitchen. We're having company over tonight so I might as well start cleaning up now.

Drake didn't sound happy to be having guests, but I want to see Kristie and Ashton. They're still my friends even if Fiona and I don't really like each other.

"Momma, I finish." Brandon came into the kitchen.

"Okay, let me finish cleaning."

Quickly finished cleaning and went to clean up the mess that Brandon made. Brandon stood in the living room watching 'Go Diego Go'.

"Fish!" Brandon exclaimed, pointing at the screen where Diego was talking to a fish.

"Good job." I praised him.

The door suddenly opened and my mother walked in. Her long blonde hair was up in tangles and her makeup was smeared.

"Rough night?" I asked her, not really caring. It's always the sane thing with her. She probably just didn't feel like fixing her makeup and hair.

"I think... it's time for a change."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm quitting 'Nina's Tease and Entertainment'."

"Really?" I tried not to sound too excited. "Why? What made you want to quit?"

"Uh, I'd rather not say. I'll be in my room if you're looking for me."

She slowly made her way to her room and I shrugged. As long as she's quitting, I'm happy.

Drake's P.O.V*

I cleared off the last table and trudged back to the kitchen. I sat the bin beside Mark.

"It's the last one. I promise you." I told him as he glared at me.

I sighed as I walked into the locker room and began to put up my apron. I jumped when the locker behind me slammed shut. I turned to see Haley.

"Hey. I didn't see you there." I said.

"Of course not." She sounded angry.

"Is everything okay?" She has been avoiding me for most of the day. It was a weird mood change.

"Like you would care."

She tried to walk off but I quickly went to stand in front of her to stop her. She sighed in frustration.

"Are you mad at me?" She didn't answer. "What did I do?"

"What did you do?" She let out a humorless laugh. "You've been working her for 3 weeks and this whole time, I was believing something that wasn't true."

"What? What is it?"

"How can you see it? How could you not realize it? I was waiting for you to acknowledge it, but I guess you're too stupid."

"No need for name calling."

I'm not understanding what I was supposed to realize. I'm completely in the dark right now.

"The way you acted made me think... I can't believe I actually thought..."

"Think what? Tell me."

"I thought you like me. I actually believed you felt something for me. We've been flirting everyday. You and I both know it wasn't just friendly teasing."

She... she thought I liked her as more than just a friend? I was just being nice. For once I'm not mean to anyone, and I give the wrong message. I knew I was better off mean like I've always been.

"I have a girlfriend, a son, and triplets on the way." I explained. "There's no chance for you and me."

"Of course there's no chance. You didn't decide until today to tell me that you have a family. You look like you're a teenager."

"I'm 19."

"Great. You're a teen dad. Even better. You know what, I have to get home. My curfew is soon."

"Wait, wait." I stopped her. "I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong message. I was only being nice. I don't want to date you, for obvious reasons, but I don't want to lose a friend. You're one of the few that I have." I gave her a pleasing look.

Darren used to be my only friend. Ever since his death, I've only had Hayden. It'd be nice to be able to talk to someone else for a change.

"Please." I pleaded. "Isn't being friends enough for you? Because I could use a ton of those right now."

She clenched her jaw and looked up at me. I need friends. I need someone to talk to. She's my only friend here in the restaurant.

"Of course we can be friends." She sighed, giving me a smile.

"Good." I smiled back. "Uh, see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Goodnight."

I let her pass and gave a sigh of relief. I'm glad that I get to keep a friend. For a guy like me, it's hard to make those.

Hayden's P.O.V*

When I was halfway finished with dinner, the doorbell rang. I sighed and went to answer it. It must be our dinner guests. I opened the door and there they stood.

"Hey!" Kristie exclaimed, giving me a tight hug. "I hope you cooked a lot because I'm starving."

"Hey Hayden." Joey greeted me with a smile. I gave him a smile in return.

"Hi Hayden." Ashton greeted, giving me a gentle hug.

"Hayden." Fiona said, nodding.

Once everyone was inside and seated, I went to continue making dinner. I really hope this dinner goes along without and problems.

Drake's P.O.V*

I pulled into my driveway and saw an extra car. Hayden's friends must already be here. I slowly made my way inside, not in a rush to be in a room full of unwanted guests.

I opened the door and walked in to see the living room full. Joey sat with his arm around Kristie, who talked loudly with Fiona. Ashton played with Brandon, and I tried to keep from getting angry.

"Hi Drake." Ashton and Joey greeted. "Long day at work?" Ashton asked me.

"Yeah. I'm a bit tired. I've never had a job where I have to work this hard.

"Daddy!" Brandon exclaimed.

Ashton let Brandon go and he ran over to me. I scooped him up and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Did you miss daddy?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He answered, smiling.

"Did you hang out with mommy all day?"

"Yeah. We play."

"That's sounds like fun."

I walked into the kitchen where I smelled the food. I set Brandon on the floor and he ran back into the living room.

"Hey." I greeted Hayden walking up behind her and placing a kiss on her cheek.

"How was work?" She asked me.

"It was okay. I'm exhausted though. How could you manage to go to work and school?"

"It's what I have to do so I put up with it." She shrugged.

"Well, you're stronger than I am."

Soon dinner was finished and we were all seated at the dining table. Our plates were filled with food and everyone was busy eating.

"So Hayden, do you know the sexes yet?" Ashton asked.

"We find out tomorrow. It's nerve wracking knowing how close we are. I'm hoping it'll even out. Ya know, two boys and two girls?"

"That would be so cool!" Kristie exclaimed. "I can't wait to throw you a baby shower and go shopping for cute clothes. It'll be just like the time you were pregnant with Brandon."

I smiled. I did always enjoy those trips out to buy baby things. It always got me more excited for the new baby.

"I can't wait until we some of our own." Fiona said. "Ashton does so well with kids."

"But we're going to wait a while. I'm still young." Ashton said.

"You want to wait?" I asked. "In the past you seemed ready to start in high school."

"That was before I got into the minor leagues. I need to focus on baseball right now."

"Understandable."

"Momma, no more." Brandon pushed his plate away.

"You just started." I said. "Can you eat just a little more?"

"No." He shook his head.

"Okay." I sighed.

I picked Brandon up and took him upstairs. He's probably tired. He usually eats his food.

"Are you sleepy?" I asked him as I changed him into his pajamas.

"No."

"Are you sure?" He didn't answer.

After his pajamas were on him, I laid him down on his toddler bed. I began to read him a story. I know I'm supposed to be downstairs with company, but he won't go to sleep without a bedtime story.

Once Brandon was asleep, I set the book down and went back downstairs. I took my seat beside Drake.

"Is he asleep?" Drake asked me.

"Yeah. He should sleep for the rest of the night."

"Good. We have to wake up early tomorrow for the ultrasound."

Soon everyone left and Drake and I were left to clean up. The dinner didn't go as bad as I expected. It was actually pretty nice.

"Ya know, they could've helped clean up. They made most of the mess." Drake said.

"I know, but they're the guests. It's fine. We're almost finished."

"We would be finished if they helped."

"Don't be so mean."

After we finished cleaning, we went up to bed. We have to get up early for the ultrasound tomorrow. I'm so excited about knowing the genders. It feels like I've been waiting forever. What ever they turn out to be, I'll be satisfied..

Next Day

We got to the doctors and I signed in. We waited in the waiting room to be called back.

"I'm so excited." I said, taking Drake's hand.

"Me too. After this, do you want to go look at cribs and things?"

"Yeah." I smiled.

We were called back and I quickly stood up. We followed the nurse back into a room and I laid back on the table. I lifted my shirt just over my stomach and the nurse squeezed the cold jell onto my stomach and placed the probe on my stomach. She moved it around and I felt even more excited.

She checked all of the boring things first making me more anxious. Why can't she hurry up and get to the genders? I want to know what I'm carrying. It's killing me not knowing.

"Okay, now we can get to the good part." She said, smiling at us.

My babies popped up on to the screen and smile came to my face. They've gotten so big since the last time I saw them though it was only a short time ago. They're growing so fast. I definitely won't make it full term.

"I'll start backwards with the fraternal triplet. Baby C is... definitely a boy."

"Yes! We're going to have another boy." Drake said. I knew he'd be happy about another boy."

"And babies B and A are definitely... girls."

They're even. I'm going to have two boys and two girls. It's exactly what I wanted. Now the only problem is, rationing out our money and names.

************************************************************************************************************************

There's the chapter! Sorry I haven't uploaded in a while. I had a little writers block. I'm not completely satisfied with the way it turned out but oh well.

Anyway, what did you think? Two boys and Two girls. I decided to even it out. Why not? What did you think about Hayley? Do you think she overeacted? And what names should I use? I haven't though of any yet so throw some names I out to me. I might combine some of the names you give. :)

Please comment, vote, and/or fan. Thanks!! ;-)

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

13.1M 435K 41
When Desmond Mellow transfers to an elite all-boys high school, he immediately gets a bad impression of his new deskmate, Ivan Moonrich. Gorgeous, my...
464K 13.5K 24
A story about a girl named Tina white desperately in need of a job and just came out of high school . She was a straight A's student but cannot cont...
4.6M 166K 55
Jessica Cullen is a simple girl who is a part time student who works at a restaurant to support herself. But what happens when her old crush, Stefan...
3.1K 147 28
У Ланы и Йоши не скучная жизнь но любовь преодолеет всё