Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy...

By Staceeeeers

Roxanne Taylor (Born 16th October 1951) is Roger Taylor's cousin. The two of them have always been close desp... More

cast list + prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight**
'39
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty four.five**
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three**
sixty four
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy.five
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five
seventy six
seventy seven
seventy eight
seventy nine
eighty
eighty one
eighty two
eighty three
eighty four
eighty five
eighty six
eighty seven
eighty eight**
eighty nine
ninety
ninety one
ninety two
ninety three
ninety four
ninety five
ninety six
ninety seven
ninety eight
ninety nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen
one hundred and sixteen (or epilogue)

sixty five

2.5K 95 148
By Staceeeeers

Kayla left her alone a little while after finding out. She had to try and get her head around the fact that she was indeed pregnant. After her friend had gone, Roxy had dug one of John's jumpers out of the wardrobe, one that still had the smell of his aftershave clinging to it, pulled it on and curled up on the couch.

John.

How the hell was he going to take this? They couldn't have a baby, could they?

The band are just scraping enough money to start paying Trident back but they could be finished depending on how well this album goes down. They were skint. How the hell could they possibly think of adding a baby into everything?

No, they were still so young! There was no way that they could have a baby.

But then, as she's sitting there, Roxanne thinks about John and what their child could look like. Would they have John's soft hair? Her eyes? The Deacon's nose? And then she can picture him sitting at the other end of the couch, cradling a tiny baby in his arms...

She groans loudly, running her hands over her face which startles the cats and looking on the coffee table, she sees the Polaroid photo that's of her and John and she knows that she can't just sit here.

No, she had to go to Wales. Today. This couldn't possibly wait until Friday - she had to tell John and doing it over the phone wasn't an option either.

She gets up and quickly starts packing up a bag. She doesn't know how long she'll be staying but it'll be overnight at least. There will be a lot to talk about and after she rings Kayla and asks her to feed the cats, she says goodbye to the cats, she says goodbye to them, grabs her car keys and a couple of the tests and heads out the door.

++|++

It took her just over two hours to get to Rockfield but in a way, Roxanne wished that it had taken her longer - just so she could try and think of how to tell him.

Finding the farm, however, was a little more difficult and she'd had to ask someone in the village for directions - fortunately, they were more than happy to help and as she drove up the long dirt road, she could feel her hands starting to clam up.

The place was gorgeous, just like John said it was; situated in the middle of picturesque rolling hills and the area as a whole was bigger than she thought it'd be. There was the main house and a couple of barns which was probably where most of the recordings would take place.

As she cuts the engine, Roxanne realises that she hadn't really thought this part through. They weren't expecting her, no one was. She didn't even know if the band were here. They might have been off-site or something, having a day off.

She's so engrossed in her thoughts that she doesn't notice the door to one of the barn's opening. Nor does she notice Brian as he steps out and start heading towards the house

To be fair, he doesn't realise that her car is parked outside until he's just about to go inside but when he does, his brow furrows.

Roxanne wasn't supposed to be here until Friday and for a few minutes, he kind of just stares at her; she doesn't even notice that he's doing it and he wonders what she's doing. Why isn't she getting out of the car?

She doesn't see him step of the doorstep and come closer to the car and he sees that she's gripping the wheel so tight that her knuckles are going white.

He startles her when he taps on the passenger side window and he steps back when she reaches over to open the door for him, wordlessly climbing in when there's enough room for him to do so.

"Hi," Roxy whispers, not looking at him.

"Rox," he greets softly, "Thought you weren't due here till Friday."

"Had to come before," she says, "Where-is John here?"

"Yeah, he's in the studio. That barn there with the double doors."

Roxanne still doesn't look at him, her gaze now unwaveringly focused on the doors that John is behind but with how intensely he's looking at her, Brian swears that she's crying. And it's scaring him.

"Hey," he says softly, reaching over to put his hand on her shoulder as a tear runs down her cheek, "Rox, what's wrong?"

"I don't know how it happened," she hiccups, "I-we,"

As best he can from where he's sat, Brian wraps her in a hug, feeling her rest her head on his shoulder, "What's going on? You said you had to come earlier...has something happened?"

She pulls back and wipes her eyes with the sleeve of her jumper, reaching down into the cup holder where she'd tossed the two tests that she's picked up.

"What-" Brian stops as she hands one over to him, looking between her and the test to see what it's telling him, "You're...?"

Roxanne nods, bursting into tears again.

"When did you...how long have you...?"

"A few hours," she whispers, "And when I found out, I couldn't wait until Friday, Brian and so I came here because of John. He has to know, right? I made the right call in coming, right?"

Brian nods slowly, still staring at the plastic stick that's in his hands.

"He's going to be upset, isn't he?" Roxanne frets, "Or he's going to get mad."

"No," Brian shakes his head, "No, no, no."

"But you guys already have so much going on!" she cries, "Throwing a baby, which by the way are very, expensive into the mix isn't exactly-"

"Roxanne, please don't cry," he begs, "You-"

They both hear the door to the barn opening again and her breath catches in her throat when Roger steps out with a cigarette, lighting it as it shuts behind him.

"Oh god," she whispers as he spots the car, "Oh god, he's coming over!"

Brian faffs around with the test, trying to shove it into the glove box before the blonde can reach the car but instead, he opens the passenger door just as it falls to the floor.

"Nessie," Roger grins, "You're here early!"

Roxanne nods, trying desperately to stop even more tears streaming down her face, "Yeah. I, uh, Danny let me go early. Gave me a couple of days off."

Roger looks between the two of them, eyes narrowing in suspicion, "What's going on?"

"Nothing," she replies, much too quickly eyes instinctively moving down to see where the test had landed and she spots it in between Brian's feet, where it's is lying in clear view.

The guitarist tries to cover it with his shoe but of course, Roger had already seen it and he raises an eyebrow before leaning down to pick it up.

"I'm sorry," Brian mouths and she closes her eyes as her cousin starts to turn the test over in his hands.

"What..." he starts, "What is this? Who's is it?"

"Well it's not mine," Brian snarks and Roxy manages to work up the courage to open her eyes again to see him staring at her.

"Rox?" Roger asks, coming around the car to pull her door open and her bottom lip trembles as he crouches down by her, "Are you...?"

"Please don't get angry," she whispers and Brian climbs out the car as Roger stands straight again.

"He got you pregnant?" he asks again, this time through gritted teeth, turning to glare at the barn, "'m gonna kill him. I'm going to fucking kill him."

"Roger, no!" Roxy chokes, climbing out of the car, "Roger, please don't!"

Her pleas fall on deaf ears as he storms towards the barn.

"Roger," Roxanne says again, managing to get in front of him before he can go storming into the bar, "Roger, please!"

"Move, Roxanne."

"Mate," Brian tries to keep his voice down but when Roger being as loud as he is, there's no way that those inside hadn't heard him, "Roger, he doesn't know."

"Oh so that makes it's alright, does it?"

Inside from where they're sat, Rebecca, John and Freddie can hear Roger's raised voice and Becca gets up to take a peek out the door, looking over her shoulder at the bassist when she sees the murderous look on her boyfriend's face, "What did you do?"

"Roger, please," John hears Roxanne speak and with a furrowed brow he gets up from his spot at the desk and goes to see what's going on.

She wasn't supposed to be here until Friday.

When he gets to the door, where Freddie has followed him to eagerly, she seems to be succeeding in calming her cousin down but when Roger takes one look at him, his temper flares back up again.

"You!" he points at John, "I'm going to fucking kill you!"

"Now hang on!" Freddie steps in front of him, "Would someone please tell us what's going on?"

John nods, frowning when Roxanne won't meet his gaze. He would also like to know.

"Roger," Brian says sternly, "Roger, that is not your place."

"No," Rebecca agrees, spotting the white stick that he's gripping, "No, it isn't."

She and her boyfriend share some kind of silent conversation while John watches Roxanne, hoping that she'll look at him, smile at him, anything but she doesn't. She keeps her gaze on Rebecca.

Roger, though he looks anything but calm, backs off, turning to Roxy so he can hand something over to her before he's storming towards the house, lighting a cigarette on the way.

Rebecca follows, giving Roxanne's hand a gentle squeeze as she passes.

"Rox?" John finally speaks, "You...what's wrong?"

Brian clears his throat, "Right. Freddie, maybe we should give them a moment?"

"But-"

"Freddie," he repeats, this time leaving no room for argument and reluctantly, the singer returns into the barn with him following, giving Roxanne an encouraging smile.

When they're alone, Roxanne (who is barely keeping it together as it is), feels like she's either going to burst into tears again or throw up...maybe both.

"Hey," John notices her hands shaking and steps forward, "Hey, you're alright."

"I'm sorry," she cries as he wraps his arms around her, "John, I-"

He shushes her, running his hand over the back of her head, "Rox, love, you're going to have to calm down."

"'m sorry," she repeats and the more she says it, the more worried he starts to get.

"What could you possibly have to apologise for?"

He lets her pull away, only just noticing that she's clutching something in her hand and she looks at it for a few moments before handing it over to him.

"John, I'm pregnant."

++|++

ya girl got brian's Queen 3D book for christmas and holy shit, it is incredible. the photos in it are amazing (there's one of dom and rog that had me shook) and i can't believe that he's been creating photos like that since he was 12! he's so smart

and a massive congratulations to Roger who has been awarded an OBE. so proud of the achievements our fave drummer has made and happy that they're being celebrated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 4K 20
A queen fanfic with Ben Hardy as Roger Taylor. What would happened if a girl is the fifth member of Queen? Most of the dialogues are queen memes :)
46.4K 1.4K 40
"We don't have long." "When I'm with you, time is irrelevant." When the past meets the future and brings a relationship with an expiration date. Y/N...
31.7K 1.1K 64
How did thee fare? What has thee seen? The mother of my children, three I call her name... Underneath her love, my heart did stay I love the footstep...
43.9K 678 43
A Roger Taylor x reader story based on the movie. Watch how Freddie Bulsara and Y/n Y/l/n grow from two misfits to iconic legends. Highest rankings: ...