The New Heirs of the Will of...

By Nofe0419

I don't really know what to say in terms of description.... So I guess you'll have to discover what happens w... More

Prologue
一 ↬ Kei's Team
二 ↬ The Bell Test
三 ↬ Mai and Kei
四 ↬ Kei's and Minato's first meeting
五 ↬ Uchiha
六 ↬ Kei's first mission - Part I
七 ↬ Kei's First Mission - Part II
八 ↬ New Technique
A/N
九 ↬ Preparedness
十 ↬ The Chūnin Exams - Part I
十一 ↬ The Chūnin Exams - Part II
十二 ↬ The Chūnin Exams - Part III
十三 ↬ Get better, Kei!
十四 ↬ Congratulations to the New Chūnins!!!
十五↬ Naruto, the Seventh Hokage!
十六↬ Mummy...?
十七↬ The Ninja Academy
十八↬ The Uzumaki Family
十九↬ Metal Lee goes wild

**Christmas Special chapter**

490 16 22
By Nofe0419

A/N: Hey! So I thought it might be cool to write a special chapter for this Christmas 2019, so I hope you'll enjoy it!! :) 

By the way, Merry Christmas to all of you😊❤️ I hope y'all having (or all had depending on where you live) a good time with your families!!! 

(Just so you know, this chapter is not directly linked to the main story)

------

It was winter time and the snow was now falling in the village of Konoha. Snowflakes were dancing like fallen leaves 

Kei and Mirai were currently shopping, looking for Christmas gifts for their loved ones.  

Everyone looked so much happier in December, and the busy streets looked even more lively than usual. Children were excited because of the snow and at the prospect of Christmas. And parents as well as grandparents were happy as well.

"Could you remind me who will be coming over at your home for Christmas?" Mirai asked Kei. 

"Well, there will be my aunt, my grandmother, Lord Seventh, his wife and their children; his sister and her husband, Lord Kazekage, their children, his sister-in-law and father-in-law, his cousin-in-law and his wife and daughter, Shikamaru-San and his wife and son, and Lord Kazekage's brother as well, Karin-San with her son, Sarada's family, Konohamaru-San, Uncle Gai, plus you and your mother."

"Whoah, we're gonna be numerous. I don't know if we'll be able to purchase gifts for everyone," Mirai replied as she let out a small giggle. 

"I know right. Besides, I don't even know what kind of gift we could offer them...."

"Haha. Well, I think that what's most important about Christmas is being all together, celebrating our love, and sharing this special moment together you see, more than buying and offering gifts. Being able to be gathered should be considered a gift, because that's really a beautiful and precious one."

"Yeah, I couldn't agree more. Being too materialistic is not really in the spirit of Christmas..."

"No, it's not. Anyway, we can still try to get something for our family at least. That will be better than nothing," Mirai said with a playful smile. 

"Yes, you're right," Kei responded smiling back at her

"I think we should have thought about it sooner, you know," Mirai then said. 

Yes, because purchasing gifts two days before Christmas wasn't so good an idea....

Most people were doing the same thing, which made it difficult for the two girls to buy anything at all in the end... 

But at least they thought about it. And as they say it's the thought that counts. 

❄️❄️❄️

The next day, Kei was helping her mother with all the preparation before all the guests arrived (not only did they come for Christmas but they also came for Christmas Eve evening.)

She helped with the food, all the decorations, setting the table while her father was outdoors purchasing the few last things that needed to be bought. 

"I'm so excited about this. This is going to be our first Christmas all together, and not the last one I hope," Mai said to her daughter with a beautiful smile gracing her lips. 

Before Kei could reply anything, someone suddenly knocked on the door. 

"I'll get it!" Kei said before running to the door. 

"Grandma! Auntie!" Kei exclaimed happily. 

"Please, I've already told you not to call me 'grandma'."

"Yes, I know, but I don't know what else I can call you," Kei retorted playfully. 

"Hello sweetie! How are you!" Shizune greeted her warmly. 

"I'm fine, and you auntie?" Kei said merrily before pulling the woman into a hug. 

Shizune hugged her back eagerly. 

"I'm fine, thank you. Brrrh, it's really cold outside, do you mind if we go inside?" 

"No, of course not! Come in!" Kei said as she broke the hug and made way for the two women to come in. 

Once they had come in and Kei had closed the door, the girl hugged her grandmother. 

"Welcome back home!" 

"Thanks, darling."

Afterward, the three woman made their way to the living room. 

"Mum, Shi-Ne," Mai said seemingly surprised to see them. "I didn't expect you to come so early."

"Yes, sorry about that," Shizune said, "But we thought we might be of some help."

"That's really sweet of you," Mai answered before she went to kiss her cousin and mother. "But actually we're doing really good even though we're only two to prepare everything."

"Why am I not surprised to hear that?" Shizune asked with a smile. "Is there still something me might do?" 

"Well, you can still look and check what we've done so far and give us your opinions about it."

"Sounds good," Shizune said with another smile. 

Time passed and the first guests began to arrive around 18 p.m. 

Kei went to answer the door once again. 

"Mirai! Godmother! I'm so glad to see you!"

"So are we!" Kurenai replied happily before kissing her goddaughter. 

Kei kissed her back before Mirai pulled her into a hug. 

"Please, come in."

"Thank you."

"Has anyone already arrived?" Mirai questioned her once they were inside. 

"Only my auntie and grandmother."

"Oh, that's nice," Mirai replied smiling. 

Both women went to greet said women before they greeted Mai. 

"Please, have a seat," Mai said to them once she had greeted them. 

Soon the other guests arrived as well. 

And Kei was always the one to go open the door. 

"Kei-Chan! It's good to see you again!"

"Sakura-San! Sarada-Chan, good evening," Kei greeted them with a smile. "Please, come in."

"No need with such formalities, Kei-Chan! Please, just call me Sakura, okay!"

"As you wish."

The two women then came in.

"Your husband isn't with you tonight?" Kei asked as Sarada was making her way into the living room to join the others. 

"No, he isn't... And I don't think he'll come home anytime soon..."

"Oh, I'm sorry I asked..."

"No, it's okay, never mind! We're here to celebrate tonight! it's no time to be sad!"

"Yes, you're right!"

The next one to arrive were Akira and Gaara.

"Good evening, Lord Kazekage, Akira-San," Kei greeted them. 

"Good evening Kei-Chan," Akira greeted her as well with a smile. "You look really pretty tonight."

"Thank you."

"Good evening, Kei," Gaara said. 

"Good evening!!" their daughter chirped

"Good evening to you too," Kei replied with a  smile.

As for their adoptive son, Shiki, he was much more introverted. 

"Please, come in."

Then it was Hanabi's and her father's turn to arrive.

"Good evening, Hisashi-San, Hanabi-San."

"Good evening."

"Good evening, Kei-Chan," Hanabi said with a smile. "Whoah, you've grown up so much since the last time I saw you."

Kei only smiled at her. 

"Please, come in."

There was Shikamaru and Temari, as well as their son, and Temari's other brother.

"Good evening."

"Good evening Kei-Chan. This dress looks really good on you," Temari said to her. 

"Thank you", Kei replied with a smile.

"Yeah, you look more like a woman than like a girl."

"Please come in."

Then it was Neji, Tenten and their daughter. 

"Good evening." (yes, Kei grew tired to say all the names^^)

"Good evening to you too!" Tenten chirped. "You are really pretty tonight!"

"Thank you."

"Yes, I love your dress!" Hanae chirped.

"Thank you, dear."

"Can I have the same, Mama?"

"Well, we'll see that later honey, for now we're here to celebrate!"

"You will have wait until you are older to have the same," Neji said.

"Oh come on, don't be so stern no, it's Christmas time, a day when we relax and have fun!"

"Yes, but that doesn't mean I can't be a father."

"Please, come in."

Then it was Karin's turn. 

"Good evening."

"Good evening, Kei."

"Good evening."

"Please come in."

"Thank you."

THen there was Konohamaru who seemed to have run to get there. 

"Good evening, Konohamaru-Senpai."

"Good evening, Kei. I hope I am not too late..." he said somehow awkwardly. 

"No, don't worry, the last guests haven't arrived yet."

"Oh good."

"Please, come in."

"Thank you."

And then last but not least, Naruto's family arrived. 

"Lord Seventh, Hinata-Sama."

"Good evening Kei-Chan," Hinata greeted her warmly. 

"Good evening," Hima chirped.

"Please, come in."

"Thank you," Hinata said. "Here, this is for you," she held out a bottle once they were in the house. 

It was a box full of chocolates with a bottle of champagne. 

"Thank you so much," Kei said as she took them. "You shouldn't have."

"Well, you were so kind to invite us, that's the least we could do."

Kei nodded at her with a smile.

Hinata then helped Hima remove her shoes and coat. 

"Good evening, Kei," Naruto greeted her with a smile. 

"Good evening, Lord Seventh."

"You look really nice tonight," he said. 

"Thank you."

"Please, if you don't mind, everyone is waiting for you," Kei said as she gestured for him to go into the living room. 

"Sorry, I din't think we'd get there so late."

"It's okay. My father hasn't even come back yet."

"Really?"

"Yes, honestly I have no idea what he's been doing all day long..."

Naruto's puzzled and worried face was soon replaced by a gentle smile. 

"Don't worry, I'm sure he'll get here soon."

"I hope so."

Everyone was dressed up for this special evening, and they all looked really nice.

Kei was wearing a long-sleeved black dress with a ribbon at the back of her waist and with black tights as well as black boots (small ones). 

"Where is Kakashi? Shouldn't he have come back a long while ago already?" Shizune whispered into Mai's ear.

"I guess so... I don't know what he's up to..."

Of course, everyone noticed the silver haired man's absence. 

"I guess he's on his way with Gai. Let's begin eating and drinking, it shouldn't be too long before they get here," Mai said to everyone. 

And so they drank, ate, and chatted happily, but when the time for dinner came, Kakashi and Gai were still nowhere to be seen...

So Mai decided that they would still eat dinner, even if they were not there. Tsunade said she could go outside to look for them, but Mai declined her offer and preferred to wait for them. 

Then, at midnight it was time for gifts and to wish Merry Christmas to each other. 

Mai ended up deciding to go look for them after wishing a Merry Christmas to everyone. But after everyone had exchanged their best wishes, Kakashi and Gai finally appeared in the door frame to the living room, getting everyone's attention.

"Kakashi-Sensei..." Sakura uttered. 

Mai looked at her husband gravely before getting near him. 

"Where have you been?" she asked him somehow upset. "We've been waiting for you for so long!"

"Yes, I know. And I'm really sorry about that."

"Is there something wrong?" Mai inquired, now getting worried. 

Kakashi remained silent for a few seconds before finally answering. 

"The only thing that's wrong is what I've done to you during all these years," he stated solemnly. 

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Mai asked him, frowning slightly.

"Please, forgive me. But the last wishes of a dead person are sacred."

"Listen, I don't understand a thing of what you're saying. What is this all about?"

"I love you, Mai. This is my Christmas gift for you."

A little boy suddenly appeared from behind Gai and Kakashi. 

It was Minato. 

Mai's eyes widened as if she had just seen a ghost. 

"Who's this boy?" Temari wondered. 

"O...O..Bito..." Mai trailed off after a while, overwhelmed by shock. 

"His name is Minato," Kakashi said to her. "Minato, this is your mother."

Mai's eyes widened even more. 

She couldn't believe this. 

Everyone was dead silent and shocked by the sudden piece of news. 

She soon broke into tears before pulling the boy into a tight hug. Minato broke down into tears as well. Never had he thought his mother was actually alive, and so beautiful. 

No one could have thought about a better Christmas gift for a mother. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 36 6
Boruto and Sarada always knew each other and grew watching each other fighting almost everytime and also were real good friends. Read them falling in...
4.9K 103 15
Naruto and Sasuke grow up as close brothers under one adoptive mother. Life isn't so bad after all...until Mother is taken. Family love/(maybe someth...
16.6K 405 11
DISCONTINUED "What is a ninja ?" "A ninja is one who endures." The Seventh Hokage said. Boruto frowned. His father said many things he had yet to und...
13K 214 18
This is basically taken away from my "Sasuke x Male reader oneshots" book and I wouldn't call it a sequel but it's basically just the day in a new fa...