Conflicted (Boyxboy)

By InfamousLove

~ "When I first met you I had no idea how much you would end up meaning to me." ~ When Riley is once agai... More

1
2
3
4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter nine
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
chapter 23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
chapter 34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141

127

4.4K 232 168
By InfamousLove

Just to clear up any confusion, it was both of his eyes that were injured not one twice.

Sorry for the wait, such a busy holiday

----

The first thing I was aware of was a numb pain. It was dull, nothing like before, and because everything was dark, I was unsure if I was awake.

But eventually, I began to become aware of my surroundings. There was  the ambiance of a hospital. Once I realised where I was, I immediately became anxious.

I wanted to look around and understand where I was, but I couldn't. 

I lifted my hand, hissing from pain, and felt a heavy cloth over my eyes.

I tensed and sat up, feeling my waist suddenly explode with a sharp pain.

Shit.

Where am I.

A bed...

But is it a room?

Where's the walls??

Shit. I don't know where anything is.

I jumped up, feeling slightly panicked.  I stumbled as my feet landed on the floor before I was expecting, and a sharp pain ripped through the skin on my arm when something was tugged off.

Holy shit.

What the hell was that?? It hurt.

I jumped and spun round when I bumped into something that clattered.

Oh dear. I need to go back...

Shit, I don't know where the bed is anymore.

Oh my god.

The more I moved and felt nothing the worse the shivers of fear got.

I eventually hit the wall though, and ran my hand along it until I reached the corner. I sank down onto the floor, tensed and panicking.

Okay, calm down. You know there's nothing behind you.

I moved my hands around in the air but there was nothing around me.

Okay. Just alone...in this corner. In the dark.

Fuck.

Shit shit shit!!

I put my hands to against my head as a felt a surge of pain. Ow...

Well I'm definitely awake...

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard a door open, and retreated against the corner as much as I could.

There was a voice too far away to understand, and then footsteps approaching.

Please leave me alone.

"Hey, Riley isn't it?" A woman's voice asked calmly, and I chewed on my lip.

"Don't come near me." I snapped when she stepped forward again.

"It's okay, you're in hospital, do you remember what happened?"

"...I.." At first, I was going to say no. But then it all came rushing back.

I began to feel light headed and out of breath.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god!!

My eyes...am I blind?? My waist...

Where's Aaron?? Is he okay?

And Nate!

"Young man, I'm going to need you to calm down."

"STOP!" I snapped when she stepped closer, seriously uncomfortable with the idea of a stranger approaching me right now.

"It's okay. You're in hospital, do you understand? I'm a nurse."

"Where's Aaron?"

"I'm afraid I don't know who that is, but I can get you in contact with family members if you'd like?"

My mind immediately went to my parents. "No. Please don't."

Fuck...it's starting to really hurt.

"Sir, you've reopened your injury, please can you get back into bed."

"I don't know where that is!"

"It's okay, may I approach and guide you?"

"No, please don't come near me..."

"Sir, you're going to have to move, otherwise you'll make your injury worse."

"I...give me a minute."

I hate this.

I hate this so much.

I just want to open my eyes. I want to know where I am. Who this person is.

I'm scared...

A barrage of footsteps made me immediately tense, and I grit my teeth as they all approached.

"Sir, please can you get back into the bed." A male voice sounded and I shook my head.

"Stop coming near! Just give me a minute."

"Sir, please, you need to be treated." They didn't listen, and two sets of feet came closer.

I flinched when someone touched me and shrugged them off.

"Stop! Stay away." I got to my feet and tried to move away, feeling completely cornered.

"Sir, please just cooperate."

I jumped back when they touched me again, crashing into a machine or something.

"Don't touch me!!"

"Sir-"

"Enough, let him be." A familiar voice snapped as they approached, and I tensed as I felt someone standing in front of me.

"It's okay Sunshine." Aaron reassured and I sobbed slightly before grabbing him in a hug. "Hey... you're okay."

"I'm sorry..."

"Sorry about what?" I buried my head against his chest, feeling light headed from my panicked breathing. "Don't worry, I'm family, I'll sort him out." I heard him tell the other people quietly, and let out a breath when they stepped away.

"You don't need to be cautious of them Riley, they're hospital staff."

"I'm sorry. I...I don't know who they are."

"It's okay, I understand. You're safe okay?"

"I'm sorry..."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"Are you okay...?"

"Yes? What are you talking about?" He chuckled slightly.  "Let's get you back into bed, okay? You're bleeding..."

I grabbed him tighter when he tried to move.

"Uh, Riley..."

"Tell me what happened."

"What? Don't you remember?"

"No, I mean, you. You're hurt."

"It's fine."

"Don't lie to me!"

"Whoah, hey, calm down." He sighed. "Just a hand injury is all, as you can tell, I'm alive and well. So stop worrying."

"What about everyone else?"

"Nate has been discharged already, he's perfectly fine." He sighed again before gently hugging me back, kissing my temple. "We'll talk about this after you're taken care of, alright?"

"...Fine."

"Okay, come on." He moved away, making me feel a pang of fear until he grabbed my hand. "Just a few steps to the bed. You'll be fine, just trust me."

I huffed nervously before taking a few tentative steps forward.

I jumped as I bumped into it slightly, before sitting down, chewing my lip.

I grabbed onto him again when he tried to move away and he chuckled.

"Riley..."

"Please don't leave."

He didn't say anything for a few moments. "Is it alright if I stay with him?"

"If it keeps him stable, then I'll allow it."

I bit my lip at the man's serious monotone voice.

Just another day on the job for him...

...I'm being troublesome.

I sighed, deciding to try and stay quiet, but couldn't help but tense when someone approached.

I flinched when my arm was grabbed, and grit my teeth when they rubbed something that stang on my injured arm.

"The drip will have to be reinserted, there's just a slight pinch, alright?" A woman's voice sounded, confusing me slightly.

"Uh huh..."

"Riley, stop biting your lip." Aaron commented and I gripped his arm harder.

"I'm going to bite it as much as I want, thanks." I huffed, making him chuckle.

"Okay, all done."

Huh?

"I'm afraid you're going to have to move while I treat his injury sir." A man's voice requested.

"Right, sorry."

I tensed when he moved from my side, but he just moved and leaned on the bed.

"Um. As I told someone earlier, this might be a bit of an issue when he's conscious." Aaron warned quietly and I frowned.

What the hell is he talking about.

Fuck. I'm wearing a hospital gown aren't I.

Shit, now I know what he's talking about.

"Ah, right, the PTSD."

"What exactly are you trying to do??" I asked in concern.

"I just need to access the injury on your waste so I can treat and re bandage it." The man explained.

The man. Wants to lift up my hospital gown.

NOPE.

"Umm." I tried to move away nervously.

"Riley, it's okay, it's just for a few minutes."

"Well, depending on the damage."

"Right, thanks." Aaron huffed.

NO.

I flinched when someone touched my leg and jumped up, only for Aaron to pull me back down.

"Riley, you'll injure yourself."

"Please don't."

"It needs to be treated."

"Not really!"

"Riley, it really does, can't you feel it? You're bleeding through the gauze.

"Stop!" I panicked a little when I was touched again.

Why do they keep touching me without warning me! I can't make them stop by telling them no, and that's setting off my anxiety ten fold.

"How about we give you a little something to calm down. Nurse."

What, what are they going to do?!

"Hey hey, Sunshine, listen to me." Aaron gently grabbed my head and hugged me. "You're going to be okay, if you just calm down, and trust them, Okay? Trust me."

I took in a deep breath, and eventually nodded.

"Okay, good."

"We'll come back in a few minutes."

Why? Why would they leave now?

I just want this to stop.

"Hey, sit up a little." He pushed me up slightly, before settling down on the bed and pulling me down against his chest. "I'm going to make sure you'll be alright. You trust me right?"

"Yes..."

"Good, thank you. And I promise nothing bad is going to happen."

"I know that, my brain doesn't, okay."

"I know, I understand. This will help with that."

"Where...is everyone."

"They can visit as soon as you're stable, as soon as we get this wound rebandaged, alright?"

"Right..." I sighed. "How are you hurt?"

"What? I already told you."

"Is it bad? Tell the truth. I need to know... what I did to you."

"Riley. No. It's not your fault, at all. I won't tolerate you thinking like that."

"How hurt..."

"You can feel it if you want." He moved his arm, and I reached out to touch it.

There was a hard cast around the wrist and hand. All of his fingers were there and felt fine.

"Is the bone broken or something?"

"A few..."

"A few?"

"Well, I had my hand around the barrel, and it went off..."

"Ouch..." I chuckled

"Did you just laugh at that?"

"I'm sorry.." I said while chuckling again.

I feel really light headed...

"Anatara's gone isn't she..."

"I'm sorry, Riley. She didn't make it."

"That's okay..."

"I'm sorry, Sunshine, I know she meant a lot to you."

"It's fine, so do you, and you're going to be okay?"

"...Of course. It wasn't even my writing hand..."

"Good." I chuckled. "I love you."

"...uh, ..haha, strong stuff they gave you..." He chuckled awkwardly.

"Also...love Nutella. Can I have some?" I asked and he stayed silent for a while before chuckling and kissing my cheek.

"You're adorable." He sighed, rubbing his thumb over my arm gently. "And no. It's not vegan."

"Ah, rip..."

"You haven't been eating that have you?"

"Not...for a long time..."

"Good."

"Can we get...a lamb."

"...uh, not sure the house is built for ..sheep."

"Why not...?"

"How about we go visit the sanctuary again, when your eyes are healed?"

"They're not gone?"

"No, what? What? Riley, your eyes are still there." He chuckled. "One should heal relatively soon."

"... What about the other one?"

"We'll see about that one."

"Thank you..."

"For what?"

"For saving my other eye."

"I'm not the doctor, Riley."

"No...I mean earlier. You stopped him from cutting too deep..."

"Oh, right....I was a little too late..."

"You're a badass."

He snorted. "Thanks, Sunshine."

"I'm too."

"You're what?"

"Badass."

"Oh, are you now?"

"Uh huh, ever get on my bad side, watch the back of your knees..."

"Huh...yeah, well I hope not to get on your bad side anyway, but I'll keep that in mind."

"Strangers make me uncomfortable..." I commented to myself when someone entered the room and walked over.

"How's he doing?"

"A little...bizarre, but calm..."

"..Ruuude..."

"I'm going to have a look at your waist now Riley, is that okay?"

"Not like you'd stop if I said no." I chuckled."

"Riley..."

"Yeah...sure go ahead..."

I bit my lip, resisting the urge to kick him off of me.

"Ow!" I complained as a sharp pain made me tense.

"Would you really want a lamb?" Aaron asked out of the blue.

"Huh, what?"

"There are fluffier things. Like rabbits, and dogs."

"Lambs are cute..."

"Yes, but then they grow up into big sheep."

"Same size as a Labrador...a big fluffy Labrador."

"Can't really litter train them..."

"Who says so? Has anyone ever tried?"

"Uh. I don't know..."

"Well they should, and cows, and pigs...I want a pig."

"Sounds like you want a whole animal sanctuary."

"Sounds good to me..."

"Really?"

"...And a whale. I want a whale."

"Hm. Right..." He chuckled quietly. "Is he going to be alright to have visitors?"

"If they don't mind his current state, it's up to him."

"Me? I get a say in something? A miracle..."

"Riley..."

"Ow..."

That hurts...is he giving me a stitch...oh dear.

I'm feeling dizzy thinking about that...

"Getting really uncomfortable now..."

"It's okay, he's nearly done."

"My eyes hurt..."

"I'll give him some more painkillers in a moment."

Aaron sighed sharply, seeming uncomfortable at the idea.

Ah right...he doesn't do pain killers.

Like to see him in my position with that opinion.

Hah.

Oh wait. He has a hole in his hand...

Is he seriously not on painkillers? Impossible.

"That should be it. Please don't go jumping around again, young man.

"'Young man'" I imitated and Aaron pinched my arm sharply. "Ow!"

I let out a breath as soon as the man walked out.

"Is he evil looking?"

"No, Riley. He's not evil looking."

"I don't trust him."

"You don't know who he is."

"Exactly."

"Okay, well just trust the fact that he wants to do his job, okay?"

"Hmph."

"How about some visitors?"

"Yay. Partyyy."

"Okay... I'll tell them you're feeling a bit strange."

"Are you telapathic?"

"No, I own a phone."

"Phones..."

"Yes... phones. Mobile phones."

"Immobile phones...heh."

"They're called telephones."

"Ooohh. That makes sense. Oh I get it. They're movable phones...mobiles."

"I'm proud of you for getting that."

"Thanks."

"Riley!!!" Someone bursting through the door made me jump.

"Alexander, act your age!" Aaron snapped angrily, and the movement stopped.

"Sorry.." some more timid footsteps sounded. "Why are you sat like that..." He asked, and Aaron suddenly pushed me up and moved away.

I sat against the pillows anxiously, tilting my head and concentrating on listening.

"The others are coming, they just, you know, didn't run and everything."

"Alex, please don't run in a hospital."

"Yeah yeah, you alright Riley?"

"Never better, it's all sunshine and daisies... rainbows..and unicorns."

"Okay...mood."

"I'm tired..."

"Why is there like... Blood everywhere."

"He reopened his wound."

"Oh. Oh I see. Nice."

"You should probably change clothes before it wares off."

"What wares off?"

"Druggggsss."

"Riley."

"He should probably stay on them while he's here. There are a lot of triggers in this hospital." Luca's voice sounded from near the door.

"That's not your decision." Aaron's voice spat coldy.

"Ooh, tension. Nice." I chuckled, and heard a few sighs.

"What kind of drugs...?" Caleb asked quietly.

"Anti anxiety."

How many people are in here...

"What like...tablets?"

"No, in the drip."

"Ahh, that explains why I didn't notice, thought she was a ninja or something."

"I don't think ninjas specialize in that." Alex chuckled.

"Is he okay?" Hunter asked in a hushed whisper.

"Who?" I asked, tilting my head.

".....You."

"He's great." I chuckled.

"Can I have some of that stuff..."

"Alex, shut up."

I tensed up when someone approached me, and they paused.

"It's just me." Caleb said quietly.

"Oh, hey."

I jumped when he hugged me, and heard him sniffling.

"I'm sorry, about Ana, I couldn't help her." He sobbed.

"Hey, it's okay. She's not in pain any more." I reassured, but he just started crying more. "At least you were with her, she would have liked that..."

He sniffled as he let me go and stepped away.

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled, sighing.

"It's probably best if we leave for today, come back tomorrow, with smaller groups. Less overwhelming." Aaron suggested.

"'We', huh?" Luca grumbled.

"Okay, everyone who isn't a patient at the hospital then, please leave."

"Bye Riley!"

I chewed on my lip as I heard them exit the room.

"Please don't leave me on my own." I sighed, probably too quietly.

"I'm not leaving, Sunshine."

"Oh. Okay then." I chuckled. "You're a patient?"

"Yes, I'm still admitted here, got a surgery tomorrow."

"That bad?"

"Yes, holes in your hand unfortunately don't heal themselves."

"I'm sorry..." I sighed. "Ow! What was that for?"

"I'm going to do it every time you apologize for nothing."

"Rude."

"Riley..."

"Uh huh?"

"Do you want to stay on the meds?"

"What, the painkillers?"

"Yes, and the anxiety meds."

I like feeling numb...

"...I don't want to feel any pain..."

"Okay, I understand."

He sat back on the edge of the bed and I leaned on him slightly.

"I want to talk to Luca tomorrow."

"What is there to talk about." He grumbled through grit teeth.

"It wasn't his fault."

"There's a fine line between being a bystander and being at fault."

"Not everyone is a hero."

"A hero?" He chuckled.

"Not everyone has courage, or reason enough, to risk their life. Especially with a gun pointed at them. Besides, he risked plenty."

"Okay, you can talk to him."

"Thanks, I guess. Wasn't really asking for your permission." I snorted.

"Okay, good luck finding him without me."

"Wow, rude."

"You need to get your gown changed and go to bed Sunshine."

"Bed? It's night time?"

"Oh, yeah, it's pretty late."

"Huh..."

"Not tired? You said you were earlier."

"I guess so..."

"Would you rather me help you or a nurse?"

"Uh..."

Yikes.

"Can't I do it by myself?"

"And put it on inside out?"

"Who says I'd do that."

"Well, there's no way to tell without eyes."

"So I don't have eyes??!"

"Riley..."

"You lied. Gasp. I can't believe this."

"Mhm."

"I don't mind if you help me." I said calmly, noticing how tired he sounded.

"Okay. Oh, there's patterns on the floor leading to the bathroom by the way, this room's for visually impaired people."

"Oooh, cool. Like a game."

"Not...really."

"Okay, like a really boring game."

"Right..."

"Like you."

"Riley. I'm not boring."

"Sorry, couldn't hear you over my yawning."

"You didn't make any noise."

"Curious..."

I heard him chuckle slightly, before feeling him kiss my forehead.

"Come on, let's get you out of that. You look like a murder victim."

"Maybe I'm a ghost, and you're actually in a mental asylum."

"Huh, that would explain why Alex got here so quickly, he was already here."

"Exactly."

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.3K 1.7K 70
Having moved on from the devastating heartbreak, Valentine swore to stay single until he finds the right one worthy of his love. But when Valentine a...
2.5M 88.5K 37
(WARNING: sexual content, touchy subjects and is in fact a BoyxBoy story. No hates on the story! If you don't like gay people, do not read it). Riley...
210K 8.1K 21
When Oliver's mother dies he's scared into not talking. He hasn't talked for the past 11 years. Having to deal with getting beatings from his father...
721 98 12
Someone said: "You don't know the value of something, or someone, until they are taken away from you." Wise words to live by. All my life, I've love...