From Nerd to Jerk

By miss_terious

Brooke and Zac have been best friends since preschool. During senior year Brooke decides to transform the ner... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 Pt. 1
Chapter 19 Pt. 2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Bonus Chapter: Alternate Ending
Epilogue
Question & Answer

Chapter 35

92.2K 2.1K 846
By miss_terious

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Its PROM OK so you guys get to see Brooke's dress which is at the side :) just imagine it strapless VOTE & COMMENT And well let's get started :)

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 35

Brooke's POV

I smoothed out the skirt of my dress, and I couldn't but smile to myself. It was beautiful. The dress was white with a sweetheart neckline, that was embellished with shiny rhinestones and gold embroidery before spilling to the floor.

"Brooke, stop worrying. You look beautiful in that dress," Tiana assured as she tweaked her makeup. "Come on, let's get our shoes. The guys will be here any minute." We ambled down the stairs and put on our shoes before the bell rang and we opened the door to see two grinning guys in front of us.

"You clean up nice," Tiana grinned at Clayton before kissing him on the cheek.

"I can say the same about you," He grinned back.

"Bow tie?" I asked Zac pointing to his red bow tie, grinning at his choice.

"You love them, remember?" He said rolling his eyes as he began to mimic my voice. "I love bow ties, they're just so cute and fancy and stuff,"

"Shut up," I said playfully hitting him, "Let's go before the line to get in gets too long." Back in freshman year we went to Homecoming as friends since I didn't have a date and Zac was too scared to ask someone. It took about an hour to get in since the teachers had to make sure no one was bringing in any drugs, alcohol or other prohibited items.

The theme this year was 'Under the Sea', which was a pretty good theme considering the last few were 'Wild West' and 'Super Heroes'. We all arrived in, wait for it. . . Tiana's mom's minivan. Yes, it was quite the sight. While everyone was coming out of their fancy white stretch limos, we came from a simple white minivan.

Surprisingly, the line was quick and soon we were in the large gym, which was strewn with tons of decorations. A blue disco ball hung at the ceiling, tinting the room blue. Shiny, wavy, green paper that was cut into long strands making it look like sea weed was along the walls. Tables covered in light blue, plastic tablecloth with little centerpieces that had sparkly, orange fish on them were outside. That left the whole gym as a dance floor and with a stage on one side that had the DJ and all of his equipment, along with the prom king and queen stuff, but I would never bother with that stuff. Of course I wouldn't win, everyone would vote for Shawna, Vienna or someone like that. It was mostly a big popularity contest, but like everyone else I did secretly hope that I would win.

"Let's dance," Zac hollered at me through the loud music. He led me through the crowd of people until we found a spot.

A few songs later, we decided to get some punch that was offered with prom, because if the tickets are a hundred dollars, they better include food and drinks. Sure enough the punch was good and it didn't seem like any of the cafeteria lunch, which was a good thing. We sat down at a table outside feeling the crisp air cool us down.

In the next table over there was another guy in a white bow tie. Other than him and Zac I haven't seen anyone else wear one. My eyes trailed up his body and met his eyes; Adam. My eyes widened and I quickly looked away.

"Uh, I'm gonna get some food," Zac said abruptly.

"Me too," Clayton said.

"Me three," Tiana grinned.

Well, as they went to get some snacks, I sat alone, toying with the tablecloth as I waited for them to get back. Someone slid into the seat next to me and I looked up.

"Blake? What are you doing here?" I asked. "Oh, wait never mind,"

"Well, hello to you too," He smirked. "Nice dress,"

"Thank you," I muttered, while blushing a bit.

"So, about that dance?" He said trailing off.

"What about it?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Never mind, I'll just find you when a song I like comes on," He shrugged and then changed the subject, "Who do you think is gonna win?"

"Well, Annie Wu and Jack Garcia won for Homecoming, so they probably won't win again," I said, "But, I don't know actually. Won't be me though,"

"It could be you," Blake said.

"Most likely not though," I pointed out as I sipped my drink. I turned around as I heard a forced out cough.

"Hi?" I asked meekly, looking up at Adam.

"Hi Brooke, mind if I join you?" He asked, but he sat down without me answering. After a moment of awkward tension between the two guys, Blake spoke up.

"Hey, Brooke, do you wanna dance now?" Blake asked, and of course I couldn't decline. I did promise him a dance.

"Sure," I said as I took his outstretched hand. I gave Adam a sorry smile before letting Blake lead me back into the gym, but he just sat there with a confused look on his face. The song was a slow song, not what I imagined Blake to pick, but I went along with it. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands were at my waist as we swayed to the music.

Once the song was over, he leaned in, but I pulled away from him. He stared at me with the same confusion Adam had in his eyes, and at that moment, I realized it was hurt.

"Blake. . ." I trailed off.

"I know," He said, "You still like Adam, and you feel if you kissed me that would be wrong. Plus you're scared; that you'll end up like all the other girls from what Adam said about me."

I didn't know what to say. It was like he took the words straight from my mind, "I-I um, yea you're right. Sorry,"

"It's fine. I should've seen it coming," He said calmly, but he still seemed sad, "It happens with all of them."

"What happens?" I asked tilting my head slightly, which caused him to chuckle.

"They date Adam. They break up with him or he breaks up with them, and come to me. They realize they like Adam more. They go back to him, but it's too late. Adam doesn't want them anymore," He said. "But with you it's different."

"How?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows together.

"He still likes you," Blake said as he turned to leave.

"Hey! Wait, where are you going?" I cried as I stumbled after him in my silver heels, but I couldn't find him. Instead I ran into Tiana and Clayton.

"Hey, where were you? Adam said you went to dance with Blake," Tiana said.

"Uh, I was here," I said looking over her shoulder.

"Oh, and Adam is looking for you," Clayton added, "So you should go find him,"

"Uhm ok," I said, "Do you know where he is?"

"I think he's outside," Clayton grinned as if he just accomplished something. I thanked him and weaved through the crowd to get to the exit. Scanning the area I saw him sitting alone at a table facing away from me. I crept up and took a seat beside him and he noticed me quickly. He was dressed in a simply black tuxedo with a white bow tie.

"Hi," I said quietly.

"Is there anything between you and Blake?" He said cutting to the chase.

"No," I replied just as quietly. He breathed a sigh of relief and looked at me as if he was memorizing every part of me.

"You look beautiful," He pointed out.

"You look very dapper," I grinned. "Why the bow tie though?"

"Zac said you like them," He said sheepishly.

"Oh, well I do," I admitted.

"Do you wanna dance?" He asked looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Um, sure," I sighed. Ok, Blake was right a part of me still liked Adam, but I still don't know if I'm ready to forgive him yet. Once we were at the dance floor a familiar song was playing. It was the acoustic version, so everyone was slow dancing.

My arms were around his neck and his arms were around my waist and time seemed to slow down. This dance was different. With Blake, it didn't seem right, but now. . . Maybe it was the song, I don't know but I couldn't help but rest my head against his shoulder as we danced. The slow song was soon replaced by a fast song, and I said bye to Adam. I found Tiana and danced with her, because you always need to dance with your friends.

————————————————

"Ok, children settle down, settle down. We are going to announce the Senior prom king and queen," Our vice principal sighed as if he had enough hormonal teens around him to last him a lifetime. A hush fell over all of us as we all looked at him, eager to know the answers.

"Ok, would the prom king and queen nominees, please come up to the stage," He started, "And if you forgot who you were, here they are again. Shawna Koleman, Vienna Morgan, and Bryanna Roberts. Adam Zimmern, Clayton Merrymen, and David Jibson."

A teacher hurried up onto the stage and handed him a slip of paper. "Oh, it seems that we have an additional nominee for prom queen." A small murmur spread through the room like wildfire. "The additional nominee is Brooke Speir." I tried to make a run for it, but two burly jocks ushered me up to the stage. Well if someone wasn't looking, they sure were looking now. I felt out of place next to Shawna and Vienna, who obviously were throwing glares at me.

"Uh, ok then. The winner for prom king is. . . Drum roll please," He said as the DJ played a drum riff, "Adam Zimmern!" People clapped and hollered as Adam stepped forward and our vice principal placed the crown on his head. "Ok, settle down. We still need to announce prom queen." The room went silent once again and the drum roll played. "Brooke Speir!" The first words that were spoken, weren't even mine.

"What?" Vienna gasped in shock, "I want a re-count! She wasn't even a nominee!"

"Well, I'm sorry, but Brooke won by a very large amount. And even if she wasn't a nominee, it seems that almost everyone wants her as prom queen, so now lets have the prom king and queen dance." The vice principal said. Oh, well this was awkward. Just about everyone knew that we had broken up, but now being prom king and queen? I looked around and sighed, knowing that I can't get out of this. Adam grabbed hold of my hand and lead me off the stage and into the circle that was there. Then the music started playing.

"Brooke, I'm sorry," Adam sighed, "You were right. I should've said no, you- we, could've handled it. I am sorry. . . Just, please forgive me." I'm guessing that some people heard us over the music because people started shouting 'say yes' and forming a circle around us.

"Adam. . ." I trailed off.

"Brooke, please. I'll do anything," Adam sighed running his fingers through his hair. "I'll say sorry to your mom and your dad. I already apologized to Tiana and Zac. Just please, I need another chance."

It was really hard to say no to the look on his face. The people chanting in the background swayed me a bit, but I said yes. At that moment Adam's lips pressed against mine and everyone around us clapped and hollered. Everyone deserves a second chance, whether it be too early or too late.

-end-

_________________________________________________________

Should I end it here? Or should I have more? I think I should have more to it, but what do you guys think? MERRRRP sorry I make a lot of uneccesary noises... Taylor Swift at the external link and He is We to the side. Usually I would put a lyric video but I like the music video 'cause its cute and yea :) Aww look Blake was actually pretty nice ^.^ Vote and COMMENT

OK so do you think Brooke did the right thing?

Like/Dislike _______?

If there is another chapter what do you think will happen?

Miss_terious

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.8K 1.5K 23
Brooke is a girl with insecurities like any other girl, only her insecurities are about other things than what people think. Their about how she acts...
17.8K 329 16
When Ava Grace and her family moves to Hawaii Ava needs to make new friends again. But when she gets to school she bumps into Zac, the most popular b...
2M 53.5K 53
[COMPLETED] Autumn Cross is now in 12th grade at her new school, Willington High, with only one goal in mind: passing the 12th grade and going to a g...
366 62 18
Why universe why?? Or Nikki here. "You don't, again, mean him right?" "Yes, I do." She smirks. Fine. What? She is not gonna back away anyways. Tru...