Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy...

By Staceeeeers

Roxanne Taylor (Born 16th October 1951) is Roger Taylor's cousin. The two of them have always been close desp... More

cast list + prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight**
'39
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty four.five**
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy.five
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five
seventy six
seventy seven
seventy eight
seventy nine
eighty
eighty one
eighty two
eighty three
eighty four
eighty five
eighty six
eighty seven
eighty eight**
eighty nine
ninety
ninety one
ninety two
ninety three
ninety four
ninety five
ninety six
ninety seven
ninety eight
ninety nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen
one hundred and sixteen (or epilogue)

sixty three**

3.4K 83 224
By Staceeeeers

so, i was at We Will Rock You last night and while i was excited, i didn't know what to expect and i have to say, i was completely blown away by the performances of the leads! like, holy shit you guys, they have incredible voices (especially the ladies who play Scaramouche and Killer Queen). and it was funnier than i thought it would be thanks to Buddy! i don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it but, if you do get the chance, i highly recommend it!

 as always, the ** means smut and as i always do, i will let you know where it starts!

++|++

Brian and Kayla may have been newly dating but it was quite clear to everyone just how much she cared for him and a week before his birthday, she came to Roxy and the other girls, telling them that she'd hired out a small hall so they could have a party for him.

With everything that's going on with the label and the money, she thought that it would be a great way to keep Brian and the rest of the band's spirits up. Even if it was just for one night.

Becca, Mary and Roxanne all did their part in helping her out; Mary got decorations, Rebecca sorted out music and of course, Roxanne dealt with the food.

Because the party was for Brian and because everyone seemed to love him (seriously, Roxanne was still to find someone who did not like Brian Harold May), Jason from the diner and a bunch of the waitresses were going to help her out and make up some sandwich platters and such for her all in exchange for an invite.

Two days before his birthday, Roxanne got started on his cake which, when finished, was an almost replica of his Red Special (complete with a little fondant sixpence) but was on a much smaller scale.

The day of his birthday, the girls were at the hall getting things set up while the boys took Brian out for a celebratory pint. Or four.

"He'll like it, right?" Kayla frets as she and Roxanne carry the cake over to the table that's up the back of the room, placing it down right in the middle so it's one of the first things that people look at when they come in.

"He'll love it!" Rebecca grins from the small stage and both Mary and Roxy nod in agreement, "When are you meeting him again?"

"In an hour," she mumbles, "Do you think we'll have the food in time?"

"Kayla, relax," Roxy pleads, placing her hands on the woman's shoulders, "Jason rang this morning. It's all waiting at the diner for me to pick up."

"I just want it to be perfect," Kayla says, straightening the closest banner, ignoring the fact that Mary is glaring at her.

"Don't you worry," Roxanne pats her cheek lightly, "He's going to love it. Now, I'm going to get the food. Mary, can you and Becca please start getting the presents set up? I was thinking we could put what we got him on that far end table and when people come, they can just add theirs to the pile."

"Do you not want one of us to come?" Mary frowns, "To give you a hand?"

Roxanne smiles but shakes her head, "Thank for the offer, Mary but it's fine. Jasons coming back with me so he can help."

"I don't quite understand why he's coming," Rebecca admits, "I mean, has Brian even spoken to Jason? Does Jason even know Brian's name?"

"Brian speaks to everyone!"

Rebecca doesn't reply. She knows that Mary's right.

"Please be back before seven!"Kayla pleads, following Roxanne towards the main door, "Because if you're not, we're not waiting for you."

"I'll be back!" she laughs, pulling her car keys from her bag, "Can you please just try and relax, Kay? Get a drink from the bar or something, yeah?"

"Be back before seven, Roxanne," Kayla repeats sternly and after giving her a salute, the blonde is out the door.

++|++

"John, you're on my foot."

"Oh, sorry love."

"Now you're on my foot!" Roger hisses.

"Why are you so close to me?"

"Guys, shut up!" Rebecca says excitedly, rushing back from the window.

It's not that dark outside but considering the hall doesn't have many windows, none of them can see where they're going and so it's no surprise when there's a thud, meaning that Rebecca has tripped over something.

"Jesus, are you alright?" Roxy asks, only to be shushed by Freddie, who's stood behind her.

"Rebecca, darling are you sure they're even coming?"

"Yes, Freddie," she grumbles, "I recognise Brian's tree-like figure anywhere. They're just coming now."

Kayla's obviously lured him to the hall with some bullshit story. Roxy's sure that she heard her say she was going to be telling him that she had to pick up some money from the hall's owner for some flowers they'd purchased.

And there are a lot more people here than anyone thought there would be; waitresses from the diner, people that the band and Brian knew from uni and a lot of folks that Roxanne doesn't even know.

The hall's front door swings open and she gets ready, ready to spring up as soon as the light goes on.

"Wait for it," she hears Roger whisper, "Wait for it..."

The light goes on and all at once the room erupts into Happy birthday, Brian! and both Roxanne and Roger blow those stupid little party blowers, resulting in pathetic sounding toots echoing around the hall.

Brian is stunned; frozen in place as the guests continue to cheer and blow on their party horns and only really seems to snap out of it when Rebecca pulls the string on a party popper.

As the colourful streamers float down into his hair, he grins. One of those wonderful smiles that is all teeth before he's turning to Kayla who's also got a smile on her face.

"Happy birthday, Brian."

Roxanne smiles as he leans down to kiss her but looks away, wanting to give them at least a little bit of privacy and so she sets about uncovering the food, saying a quiet thank you to Roger when he starts helping.

"That went rather well, didn't it darlings?"Freddie says as he approaches the table with Mary.

Roxy nods, "It did. I wish I'd had a camera though."

"You almost ready with the music, love?" Roger asks when Rebecca joins them and she nods while helping herself to a sandwich.

"Yes, but for the remainder of the evening, I will only respond to DJ RJ."

Everyone kind of splits off at some point; Rebecca goes up onto the tiny stage to start playing some music with Roger following not long after with two paper filled with food, Mary is with Freddie at one of the tables and John is catching up with one of his old flatmates, Rick...or was it Edward?

It takes Brian and Kayla a while to reach her; he's been doing the rounds, greeting people and chatting with friends but when they do eventually find their way over, Roxy excuses herself from where she's sat with Jason and a couple of other people from the diner.

"Roxanne," Brian murmurs as he wraps his arms around her, "You lot kept this quiet, hm?"

"We did," she hums, kissing his cheek once she's pulled back, "Happy birthday, Brian."

"Thank you," he says sincerely, pulling out a chair at the table when Kayla says she's going to get them some drinks, "That cake, Rox...the things you can do, love."

"You don't want to know how many pictures I had to take of that guitar," she admits, "'m just glad you were at Kayla's when I was making it."

"I love it," he murmurs, "Thank you."

Eventually, Rebecca (or DJ RJ) gets some records on and one by one, most of the guests move onto the dancefloor but Brian and Kayla seem quite content where they are sitting with Freddie and Roxanne.

Much to her joy, John joins them after getting a round in from the bar and the five of them happily chat.

Sometimes it amazes Roxy that they see each other almost every day and yet they hadn't run out of things to talk about.

The conversation goes on, Freddie got a round in. More discussions are made, Roxanne goes up to get a round in. The music plays on, Kayla gets another round in.

The girls finally manage the boys to dance and as she pulls John onto the dancefloor, Roxanne is happy to see that Rebecca and Roger get down off the stage to join them.

John grins as he twirls Roxanne under his arm, releasing her hand so she can sing and dance around him to ABBA's Waterloo, shaking his head when her back collides with Mary.

"Dance with me!" she pleads, making him laugh.

"I am!"

"You're not! That is not dancing, John, it's shuffling. Where's Disco Deaky?"

"Not drunk enough for that, love." 

"Well," Roxy grabs his hand and leads him towards the bar, "We have to change that, don't we?"

So far, Brian's birthday party is a success.

++|++

By midnight, the party is still going. A few people have left but Roxy doesn't care about that. As long as the birthday boy and all the other people she cares about are there, she's happy.

Rebecca's put the music down, so it's more background noise than anything but there's still a few couples dancing on the floor while their small group (minus Brian who's gone to mingle some more) have commandeered two of the booths closest to the stage.

There were too many people for the one and so Roxanne and John took the second one and they spend most of their time kneeling on the seat of the booth so they can at least try and hear the conversation that they're having at the next table.

John listens intently to Roger's story as Roxanne gets up to get the pair of them some more drinks and when she returns, instead of falling into the seat beside him, she waits until he turns to the table so he has easy access to his drink before she sits down in his lap.

"Oh," he hums, "Hello."

"Hi," she grins.

One hand rests on her waist as she moves to get comfortable while the other slowly runs up and down her exposed thigh and god, he is so happy that she decided to wear a dress instead of jeans.

"John," she laughs, "John, that tickles!"

She lets out a gasp when, for some reason, Rebecca puts ABBA's album back on, the sounds of Waterloo bursting through the speakers once more as she turns it up.

"Careful!" John yelps as she struggles to get out of the booth, "Roxanne!"

"'m sorry!" she cries, finally managing to stand up, "But I gotta dance, John!"

He watches as Rebecca grabs hold of her hand and pulls her out onto the floor, Mary and Kayla following not long after and another smile tugs at his lips as he watches her move but he can't help but notice that the hem of her dress inches up more and more whenever she lifts her arms, exposing a little more of her legs each time.

Clearing his throat, John shuffles in his seat and desperately tries to listen to Roger who's launched into another story but his eyes keep moving to Roxanne, who like the song finishes and another begins (Honey, Honey he thinks), notices his heated gaze and stops her jumping around.

He looks so adorably conflicted, eyes darting between her and his bandmates who are still chatting away. 

And so Roxanne takes things into her own hands, turning around to make a break for one of the doors that lead outside and when she casts a glance over her shoulder, she's happy to see that John is now scrambling from the booth to follow. 

She smiles to herself, nodding to the poor barman as she passes and when she gets outside, she leans up against the opposite wall and waits. 

She hopes that he comes alone, that Roger and Freddie don't notice him going because hey would take it upon themselves to accompany him - especially if they think he's going for a smoke. 

A minute passes. Then another....then another and just when she's starting to think that he hasn't been able to get away unnoticed, the door crashes open and her boyfriend stumbles out of the hall and into the warm night air. 

He opens his mouth to say something but before he can, Roxy's grabbing hold of his hand and tugging him a little bit further away, ducking into a little alcove where she pulls him down to her with the front of his shirt. 

He hums against her mouth as she runs her tongue along his bottom lip, hands finding her waist once more as he pulls her closer so she's pressed against him in all the best ways. 

Tilting her head to the side, Roxy lets out a sigh when his lips make contact with her neck, the tiniest of gasps leaving her when she feels him nip and suck at the tender skin. 

She doesn't know what's gotten into him but she has to say, she kind of likes it and really, all she wants to do is go home and when he pulls back to admire his handiwork, their eyes meet once more. 

The look in her eyes almost floors him and she bites her lip, reaching up to sort his wild hair and she looks surprised when she hears him groan and he runs his thumb along her bottom lip to free it. 

"Drives me mad when you do that," he whispers. 

"John?" she murmurs as his lips find her neck again. 

"Mhm?" 

"Can we go home?" 

Glancing at the hall again where they swear they can hear Killer Queen playing, he looks back down at Roxanne who's toying with the bottom of his shirt.

Yeah, they could go home.

++|++ (smut ahead)

The pair fall through the door to the flat and before John's managed to kick it shut, Roxanne has pushed his jacket from his shoulders and is working on undoing his tie (he wanted to look decent for Brian's party and she is not complaining). 

They barely glance at the couch, where the cats are but they're sure that at least one of them was glaring at them for waking them - it was probably Casper. 

John walks her backwards, lips still attached and although he thought that they'd make it through to the bedroom unscathed, he must have misjudged it because the next thing he knew, Roxanne's back and head came in harsh contact with the wall. 

"Ow," she whines and he pulled away immediately. 

"Shit," he whispers, "Shit, 'm sorry, love. Let me look at it." 

"It's fine," she waves her hand, "I'm fine." She takes his hand and leads him into the bedroom, leaving him to stand in the doorway as she turns her back to him, sweeping her hair over one shoulder to expose the zip of her dress, "Can you give me a hand?" 

How fast he steps forward is almost comical but he didn't care. He just wanted to touch her. 

Roxanne bites her lip when she feels him toying with the zipper, shivering as every inch of her responded to his touch. 

"I can't- love it's not going," John whispers a moment later and she can hear the frustration in his voice as well as feel his breath on her neck. 

"There's a button first," she replies quickly and a second later, he popped it open. 

"Mission accomplished," he says and she smiles again. She loves how in such a serious, heady moment, he always manages to be himself. Still, any innocent thoughts she may be having about him were swiftly heading for the window as he pulled on the zipper. 

He takes his time dragging it down and with each inch of skin exposed, Roxy felt more and more goosebumps prickling her skin. Then she feels him following the zip with his fingers, dragging his nails right down her spine, leaving tingling lines down the smooth skin of her back. 

At the same time, he peppered soft kisses along the nape of her neck until she turned her head so she could look at him and he connected their lips.

"You looked incredible tonight," he whispers, nimble fingers helping her pull the dress down until it fell on its own accord, the fabric pooling at her feet. 

"You always say that," she teases and he shrugs. 

"Just telling the truth," he says as she makes quick work of undoing the buttons of his shirt, pushing it from his shoulders as he walks her back once more and when the back of her legs come in contact with the bed, he reaches a hand behind her back and skillfully unhooks her bra before gently pushing her to lay down, "What do you want, love?" 

His voice is deeper, sending a rush of arousal through her. He knows what she wants, the somewhat smug smile on his face tells her that.

"Rox?" he questions. 

"Please," she breathes, arching her back slightly, "Can you please just," 

He kicks off his shoes and quickly rids of himself of his trousers, making Roxanne laugh as he hops around trying to pull them off. 

She scoots up the bed so she's at the pillows and once he's hovering over her and pressed a kiss to her lips, he reaches over to get a condom from his bedside table and while he gets ready, she quickly slides her underwear off because it'd be pretty hard to do anything with the garment still on. 

Normally, John would take the time to appreciate her a little bit more; bringing her to the edge a couple of times with his mouth or fingers but tonight, they were both just too needy and once he's got the condom on and secured, he positions himself at her entrance, looking down at her so he can watch her expressions as he finally enters her. 

The first moments are always the best, Roxanne thinks. The fullness and the feeling of John panting against her shoulder as he waits for her nod that he can move are her favourites. 

When she nods, John started moving against her, gently raising her hips ever so slightly so he can get a better angle, his hips stuttering as he pushed all the way in again. 

"John, faster, please," she whispers moments later and he gladly obliges, finding a rhythm that made her squeeze her eyes shut and tighten the grip she had on the back of his neck as he rolled his hips into her, adding a little snap now and then. 

It was all still rather slow but she found that she didn't care. She liked it either way. It let her enjoy every moment; every stroke and it let them look into each others' eyes. 

"You're amazing," he whispers, leaving another bruise on her neck, "Aren't you? Always take me so well." 

"John," she says sharply; he'd hit the perfect spot and then kept hitting it over and over as the pressure builds, making her grip the bottom of his neck once more, "Fuck, John!" 

He leans down and kisses her, swallowing her moans as continues moving against her and the way she squeezes her legs around his waist, he can tell that she's getting close.

She has the cheek to say that he's quick. 

"John, John, I'm going to-" her breath hitches.

"For me?" he grins and if she wasn't so distracted, she would smack his shoulder for the smugness that she can hear in his voice but all she can do is nod, practically gasping for breath. 

"For you." 

"Would love to see that, love," he breathes in her ear and that, that fucking did it. 

Roxanne arches her back, his name leaving her lips in a hoarse shout as he continues to bring her through what feels like one of the most intense highs she's ever had in her life. 

"Fuck," he breathes, "Rox, fuck," 

The way he stills above her lets her know that he too has reached his high and as always, she runs a hand through his hair as he hides his face in her neck, running her lips over his cheek until he can gather the strength to roll off of her so he can dispose of the condom. 

When he returns and lays back down, he's still panting and he throws an arm over his eyes as she curls up beside him. 

"Do you think they noticed we left?" Roxanne whispers after a few minutes and John moves his arm back down to his side while the other wraps around her. 

"Don't know. And who cares if they did, fuck them." 

She laughs and slings a leg over his waist. 

Definitely worth leaving for. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

614 76 31
My best friend and I are huge fans of Gwilym Lee and Ben Hardy and when we went to London, something crazy happend...... A Borhap fanfic (includes fl...
358K 8.8K 105
Roger Taylor ~ <3 #1 in #BohemianRhapsody 10/1/19 Xx #1 in #RogerTaylor 12/1/19 Xx #1 in #Queen 20/1/19 Xx Several updates every day, so please read...
3.6K 100 16
This is a story for the love of my life, Roger Meddows Taylor. You should know who he is. If not, he's Queen's drummer. I've always had this feeling...
126K 2.3K 37
A book of all my Queen Imagines (both the band and the bo-rhap cast) Series featured in this book so far are: False Truths : Roger Taylor x Reader Y...