The Bright Side (Male sunflo...

By Thescout234

"Life won't always go your way, but hey, all you need to do is look on the bright side!" -(Y/N) PvZ crossover... More

So im back i guess? (A/N)
Your clothing Looks
A strange beginning
A new world
Starting over.
Exploring Beach City
Misunderstanding
Story update
Moving stories (Not a chapter)
Decision made
WARNING!!!
A New Home
Tereth
Reforming and saving
The "Date"
An Old Friend
Visiting
Fusion
Sector 347B
Hiding Something
True Nature
Better or not?
Come Back
The Plan
Final Battle
The Future!
Author Note - Story's Future and Roadmap
Your Sunlight (Story Writing Demo)

Berune

701 14 2
By Thescout234

Y/N's pov

The others and I warped to see if Steven was home yet. Lapis, Bismuth, and Peridot entered first, with Spinel, Pink Pearl and I warping next. We got off the warp pad while Bismuth went downstairs calling for Steven.

Bismuth: Steven! you here?
Amethyst: Nope!
Bismuth: Oh- What the?!

The others and I began to go downstairs, seeing Bismuth with a surprised expression showing.

Bismuth: Where were you all this time?!
Amethyst: I've been here for who knows how long just eating and waiting until Steven and the others come back so I can scare pearl.

Lapis then joined in the conversation.

Lapis: So where are they?
Amethyst: I dunno, they said something about looking for more corrupted gems or something...
Bismuth: Do you know where they went?
Amethyst: I dunno.
Lapis: Can you say something else other than "I dunno?"
Amethyst:... I dunno.

Lapis just groaned from her response. Meanwhile, while they were conversing, I felt a hand near my hip on the right. I looked over to see Peridot holding and inspecting the leaf-shaped end of my shirt. I simply slapped her hands away, to which Peridot hissed in response.

Y/N: Stop that Peridot.
Peridot: Just let me study you!
Spinel: Study? What?
Y/N: Don't worry about it, Spinel.
Spinel: Uh, alright...
Lapis: Hey.

We look towards Lapis, with a blank expression still on her face.

Lapis: Let's go.
Spinel: Go where?
Bismuth: We decided we might as well give a helping hand to Steven and the others, so we'll join them.
Y/N: but didn't Amethyst say she didn't know where she went?

I felt a tap on your shoulder and looked behind me to see amethyst with a paper in her hand. It seemed to be from Steven, with places written on it. A few places at the top were crossed out, but it stopped on one place called "Berune."

Amethyst: Found it a few seconds ago.
Bismuth: Safe to conclude that's where they'll be.
Y/N: Then let's head there then!
Peridot: I shall join, this can give me a chance to study the dest- I mean Y/N and his power!!

I raised my brow at peridot, not amused, but I just shrugged it off.

Amethyst: Well, what are we waiting for? I could really go for kicking some butt right now!

We all nodded and began to head up the stairs, but while doing so, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked back again and saw Bismuth giving me a small smile.

Bismuth: Remember to stick with us, alright Y/N?
Y/N: Uh, yeah, Of course!
Spinel: That didn't sound sound very reassuring...
Y/N: No, no, I will stick near you guys, trust me!

Spinel looked at me, her eyebrow raised, but shrugged it off and gave a small sigh, a smile following after.

Spinel: Alright...

I gave a smile back, reassuring her. You all then continued to the warp pad. Amethyst, Lapis, and Peridot warped first. Once they did, Bismuth, Spinel and I got on the warp pad, although I noticed Pink pearl a few feet away.

Y/N: You joining Pearl?
Pink Pearl: Oh No, I'm not really fit to fight, not with this cracked gem at least.

Pearl pointed at her cracked gem on her left eye. Me and Spinel looked at each other nervously and then looked back at her, Pearl noticed this and began to calm us down.

Pink Pearl: Don't worry about me, I can just take a look around these quarters!
Spinel: If you're sure.

Pearl waved us goodbye as we now warped away. It took a few seconds, but we soon made it to the new location. It looked much more alive, While not much life around, there were a few lone trees around the place, The ground was orange with some parts either lighter or darker. The sky was blue with a few clouds up above and a lake could be seen over the horizon. No grass could be seen, but without it, life still thrived from what it looked like, or recovering, either way it was a beautiful sight. Me and Soinel were admiring the scene until someone interrupted us.

Lapis: When you two are done looking at the ground, we should go find Steven and the others.

Spinel and I got out of our trance and looked to see Lapis, Peridot and Amethyst standing a few feet away, waiting for us while Bismuth walked up to them. We then walked towards them, with Amethyst bringing out her whip.

Amethyst: Finally! Now let's go find Steven and the others and kick some butt!!

ROOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!

On cue, we hear a loud roar from afar. We redirected our gaze towards the direction of which the noise was produced. We noticed a massive ravine where we heard the noise.

Bismuth: We should probably start our search there.
Y/N: Yep!

We all then began to make our way towards the place, hearing more and more roars the closer we got.

Steven's pov

Garnet, Pearl and I were trying to handle six corrupted gems that were currently trying to kill us. One of  them charged at us to which I created a bubble around the three of us to keep it from doing any damage. It tried to claw through, and soon, the other corrupted gems joined, piling over the bubble and cracking it more and more.

Steven: I don't know how long I can hold this!
Garnet: Just be ready to get your shield out!

The bubble then broke, but before I could bring out my shield, One of the corrupted gems used their arm and knocked me away, launching me towards the walls of the ravine and hitting it pretty hard. I tried to get back up, but couldn't with all the injuries, my back hurt so much and I had many scratches, a few gashes, and some bruises on my body, along with torn clothing. I looked to see pearl trying to keep two of the corrupted at bay while garnet was currently trying to weaken the other three. Although one of the gems began to walk towards me, readying its claw in the air. I closed my eyes and waited for the pain, only to see a whimper and a poof. I opened my eyes a bit to see Bismuth with her arm shape shifted into a hammer while her left arm was holding the corrupted gem.

Bismuth: Need help, little buddy?

I then felt my body getting better while a yellow glow emitted around me. I looked over to the left of bismuth to see Y/N using his heal beam on me. In no time, I felt better, my injuries were gone and I got the strength back to get up and hug both bismuth and Y/N.

Steven: You guys came! How did you find us?
Y/N: We found your little paper with locations scribbled on it, after that, we just guessed this is where you might've been.
Steven: Oh, that's good then! Wait! The others!

I look behind them to see Lapis and peridot trying to help Pearl with the two corrupted gems while Amethyst and Spinel helped Garnet with the other three. I got back up and began to run towards the two gems fighting Pearl, Lapis and peridot with Bismuth while Y/N went to help Garnet, Amethyst and Spinel.

Spinel's pov

Me and the other two were trying to fight and poof these three corrupted gems, but they were very quick despite their size. Two of them were fighting Garnet and Amethyst while I had to deal with this one that had wings and kept flying everywhere. Each time I swung at it with my enlarged fists or try to capture it with my long arms, it seemed to dodge everything I threw at it. During the fight, I noticed Amethyst having some trouble with her battle as the the corrupted gem kept getting close to her with every shot she missed with her whip. The gem wound its claw and struck at Amethyst, only to be hit by a yellow beam. I looked over to see Where the source of the beam came from, to which I see Y/N, planted to the ground. He noticed me and waved to which I waved back. Y/N then grew a shocked expression and looked a certain direction.

Y/N: Look out!

I looked back and saw the flying corrupted gem about to strike, only to be hit by Y/N's sun beam. The gem staggered but regained its composure and looked towards Y/N. The gem then flew towards Y/N, grabbed him with its legs and flew off, away from everyone.

Y/N: Why is it always me?!!

The gem carried Y/N out of the ravine and flew away, leaving me shocked.

Spinel: Y/N!!!

I immediately used my legs to form a spring and launched myself towards the two, each bounce leading me farther and farther away from the group. I got to a point where I was under the corrupted gem so I launched myself upward to try and grab onto it. Y/N saw me getting closer and reached out his hand as I did the same and managed to grab onto his hand successfully on my third try.

Y/N: Thanks, now help me take down this gem!!

I nodded and readied my fist, enlarging it and winding it up. The corrupted gem finally noticed me holding on to Y/N and tried to shake me off, but I managed to swing and hit the gem in the head before it could do so, causing it to spin out of control and fall to the ground into another ravine. The gem let go of Y/N and gave me the chance to hold onto him while forming a spring with my legs again. Once reaching the ground, more specifically the edge of the ravine, my spring-like legs stopped the force and bounced us up a bit, and letting us fall once more into the ravine. My legs stopped the force of the fall again, this time we didn't bounce as far up and finally reached the ground. I let go of Y/N and reverted my legs back into their normal look.

Y/N: Well! Thanks for the help, I could've been a goner if that thing managed to steal me away!
Spinel: Aw shucks! You have nothing to worry about, ya got me by your side!!

We both chuckled, but we were soon interrupted by a groan, we looked ahead to see the same corrupted gem on the ground not far from us, it struggled to get back up but managed to anyways. It looked at us, anger much more apparent in its voice as it used its left leg to kick some dust back, readying itself to charge. Y/N and I looked at each other and nodded, I readied my fists while Y/N began to emit a yellow glow in his hand.

ROOOOOOOAAAARRRRR!!!!

The corrupted gem then charged at us, we both split up, with Y/N going left while I went the opposite direction. The gem decided to go after me and quickly swung at my from the side, but stopped as it got blasted by Y/N's sun beam as he was once again, planted into the ground. The gem staggered, smoke coming off the side of its body, but turned around again and roared as it quickly flew towards Y/N. I launched my arms towards the thing and managed to grab its legs before it could do anything to Y/N. I began to spin the gem around quickly and launched the gem in into the wall of the ravine. Crashing into it, a cloud of dust filled the area surrounding the gem. I brought my arms back to me as Y/N ran up and hugged me, me following after with my arms circling him multiple times. We parted after a few seconds and looked towards the cloud of dust. Once it settled, there was no sign of the gem, only a mass pile of rubble laying where the corrupted gem was launched. I squinted my eyes closer, looking for any sign of it, only to stagger back as a massive rock from the rubble got launched towards us. We both got out of the way, but soon enough, the corrupted gem bursted through the rubble, fuming with rage as it made a loud screech and flew right at me, I tried to launch and hit it with my fists, only for the gem to dodge past them. And soon enough, the gem sliced me, I didn't know how to react, but it didn't matter anymore, as my sight soon turned pitch black...

Y/N's pov

Everything went slow... The corrupted gem had successfully sliced Spinel, four marks protruding from Spinel's left eye, all the way to her hip. One mark though had managed to hit Spinel's gem. After a second or two, she poofed.

Y/N: SPINEL!!!

I ran up to her gem as the corrupted one backed off, trying to deal with its scratches and bruises as it was whining in pain. I grabbed Spinel's gem and caressed the middle, a massive scratch noticeable on it. I couldn't feel anything at that moment, I was so shocked, worried...angry... out of impulse I looked at the corrupted gem, still laying a few feet away, whining still.

Y/N: You...

The corrupted gem looked at me.

Y/N: You hurt her...

I placed Spinel's gem on the ground as I began to slowly walk towards the gem as it began to try and crawl away, all the while out of the corner of my eye, I noticed my hand emit a purple glow instead of a yellow one, but I dismissed it.

Y/N: You poofed her...

I then wound up my arms as I planted myself into the ground.

Y/N: YOU ALMOST COULD'VE SHATTERED HER!!!!

I then blasted at the corrupted gem, my sunbeam much bigger and purple. I didn't stop until after a few seconds passed after it poofed, when I did, all that was left was the gem that landed on the ground, with a massive black burn mark on it. Once again, on impulse, I blasted it again with my sunbeam, not stopping until I didn't see it in my beam. Once I stopped, it was gone, nothing,left but a massive burn mark on the ground that was once dark orange. I got up from the ground and walked back to Spinel's gem and held it again, but from her gem, I saw my reflection, showing me the now purple eyes that were once E/C. I grew shocked, I looked at my hands, remembering about my past again, and now noticing what I had done.

Y/N: No...no...

I grabbed my hair with one hand, scared about what I did. What am I going to do?! I can't just say that I pulverized it and expect them to say they are okay with it!! Before I could have anymore thoughts, I was interrupted by someone at the top of the ravine.

???: Hey! You alright down there?

I looked up to see Pearl and a purple bird at the top, I shouted back in response.

Y/N: Who's that with you Pearl?
Amethyst: It's me, Amethyst you big dummy!

Amethyst flew down to my level and shapeshifted back into her normal self while Pearl just simply jumped down and landed, seemingly fine.

Amethyst: You look terrified, what happened- Oh...

She noticed Spinel's scratched gem in my hand and grew worried.

Pearl: Oh dear, that isn't good, but no worries, Steven can fix her once he's here!
???: Fix who?

The Three of you looked up to see Steven and the others at the top, Steven, Garnet, Lapis, Bismuth, and Peridot holding a corrupted gem in their hands. They soon came down the ravine and walked up to us, Steven walking up to me more.

Steven: Where's Spinel?

I only showed her gem to him, he inspected it, noticing the scratch and widening his eyes in concern.

Steven: Oh no! It's alright! I can fix this!

Steven then licked his hand and placed it on Spinel's gem. It took a second but soon, the scratch glowed and disappeared, and just like that, her gem looked good as new. I smiled at this and faced him.

Y/N: Thank you...
Steven: No problem! By the way, where's the gem you two went after?

I didn't know how to explain it to him, so I just decided to try and lie and hope that it would work.

Y/N: Well, the gem was pretty hurt and after it poofed Spinel, it flew away.
Steven: How? I'm sure it would've poofed by then.
Y/N: Yeah, look, let's just go alright? I'm kinda stressed from this...

3rd pov

Steven didn't know how to respond and felt like Y/N wasn't telling the truth but just dropped it in the end and sighed.

Steven: Alright...

Everyone began to go up the ravine with Y/N getting help from Lapis to a get back up, Steven on the other hand looked around and noticed the black burn marks on the ground. He looked towards Y/N who had gone out of sight as he was now at the top and a few feet away of the ravine. Steven grew an angry, yet more concerned expression on his face as he finally decided to jump to the top, following everybody else towards the warp pad, unaware of a certain figure watching from a distance. It took some time, but soon enough, everyone started warping into Steven's house with Steven warping in last. He looked around to find you but saw no sign of you anywhere. He thought for a second before realizing where you could've been. He went back on the warp pad and warped into the garden, seeing you at the bottom of the stairs walking back and forth.

Y/N: What am I going to tell them about the corrupted gem?! I have to tell them the truth at some point! You know what? I'll just keep my mouth shut and they won't ever know, yeah! Good idea!
Steven: Know what, Y/N?

Y/N paused and looked back to see Steven with his angry and concerned expression.

Y/N: Oh, Steven! Nothing, just some random nonsense!
Steven: Y/N, I know you're lying, now the truth, what happened to the corrupted gem you and Spinel were with?

Y/N rubbed his arm, looking away from Steven's gaze. At first nothing was said until Steven heard Y/N mutter something from under his breath.

Steven: What was that?
Y/N: I- I shattered them...

Steven then grew wide eyed before shouting at the gem.

Steven: Why did you do that!? You know we don't shatter gems!!
Y/N: I know I- I know, but I didn't mean to!! It's just- when the corrupted gem poofed Spinel, I didn't know what to feel, then out of impulse I- I....

Steven noticed Y/N pull on his hair.

Y/N: I lost control, and I pulverized their gem into nothing! I swear, I didn't mean to do it! it's just that- that...

Y/N then lowered his head in shame, tears dripping onto the ground.

Y/N: I'm sorry...

Steven lost his anger and grew more concerned. He then walked up to the gem and pulled them into a hug, patting their back as well in hopes to comfort the gem.

Steven: Hey, hey, it's alright, I forgive you. I know what you did was wrong, but I forgive you. Look I'll tell the others, but not now okay? Just try not to do it again, alright?

Y/N lifted his head, nodding in response and wiping away his tears.

Steven: Alright, anyways, if you need us, just warp to my house and we'll go from there.
Y/N: Alright, but for now, I'll just wait for Spinel to reform.
Steven: Oh! Why don't you just try to fuse with her? If you do fuse with her gem, when you unfuse, she'll be back!
Y/N: Wait, really?
Steven: Yeah! I've done it with the others before.
Y/N: Why didn't you teach us this before?!

Steven began to rub his neck nervously.

Steven: Hehe, I guess it slipped my mind for a while...
Y/N: Can you teach me?
Steven: Well, you know how to fuse right?
Y/N: No, never in my time as a prisoner on homeworld was I taught or allowed to fuse, considering their view on it back then.
Steven: Well, we can start now if you'd like, just be sure to put Spinel's gem somewhere safe first.
Y/N: Got it!

Y/N went into his and Spinel's house and placed her gem on his bed before returning back outside of the house and walking up to Steven.

Steven: Alright, ready to begin?

I only nodded with a determined look, ready to learn. But in my head, I knew this would take some time... Let's do this!....

Location: Berune

A figure jumped down the ravine where the group were at before, inspecting the rubble and the burn marks on the ground. The figure, covered by darkness in area of the ravine with shade, walked closer to the scene, revealing to be Tara once again.

Tara: He's learning again, and soon, he'll fully learn the rest of his abilities and when the time is right, he'll be on the right path with me...hehehe~....

Tara soon lifted herself out of the ravine with the help of her vines and walked away a upon reaching the top....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, another chapter done! Hopefully it was worth the wait, and sorry for being gone for so long, real,life is just being a pain in the butt right now, but I'm still alive, so yay!!! Anyways, hope you all have good day/evening/💟♋️🖐🖐, and until then, this is Scout signing off!!! See ya next time friends! P.S. Sorry I didn't have anything better for a picture, I didn't know what else to put and that's the closest I'll get to the planet mentioned in this story will get. But yeah! See ya next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60K 619 21
I got bored and i decided to make this Enjoy
6.2K 271 16
soulmate au[̲̅̅[̅̅ 'pourquoi es-tu destiné à quelqu'un comme moi?' {french} why are you fated to som...
171K 4K 26
BOOK #1: Steven Universe: The Movie CRINGE VALUE: EXTRA LARGE ➪(Edited description) Now that peace has been brought to the galaxy Steven and the Cry...
232K 4.7K 22
SPOILERS!!!!!! in the title