Good vs. Gangster

By tumblrchilddd

Kim is a junior in college with a perfect relationship, a perfect family, and a perfect life. Sometimes perfe... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
Epilouge

25.

3.4K 163 115
By tumblrchilddd

Carmen and Willis's footsteps hit hardly against the hospitals floors as they ran towards the front desk.

As soon as Carmen picked up her phone, she was notified that Kim had been in a terrible accident and was practically clinging onto life.

Without even a thought, she grabbed Will and then rushed to the hospital, running more than a few red lights in the process.

They were both frantic as they looked the small woman sitting at the front desk in the eye. "Hi I'm Carmen Smith, my daughter's name is Kimberly Smith, and I was alerted that she was just brought to this hospital," Carmen said as a few tears freely fell from her eyes.

Will rubbed the small of her back to get her to calm down. Carmen was a strong woman, but when it came to her child being hurt, all that went out the window.

The woman typed Kim's name into the computer before looking at the conditions she was in. "Mrs.Smith, your daughter was involved in a car accident with a truck driver. She ran a stop light, so she was hit on the driver's side. She's in a very critical condition, and the doctor shall be with you for more information. They're currently working on her."

Will nodded his head, leading a hysterical Carmen to the waiting room.

"How could this have happened, Will? She just got over a broken leg, who knows what's wrong with her now," she said, moving her hands frantically as she talked.

He kissed her forehead before engulfing her shaking body into a hug. "It's alright baby. God gon keep her," he whispered into her ear.

Meanwhile..

Denise rubbed her belly as a few tears fell from her eyes. She had just screamed up a storm and it took Dawn and a nurse to calm her down so she wouldn't stress the baby.

As soon as she heard the gunshots, she rushed outside to see Paris lying on the ground, clutching his chest. She almost fainted from all that of the blood she saw coming from his wounds.

"I told him to leave this drug mess alone. I told that boy," Dawn said, pacing back in forth in the waiting room. Everyday she feared for Paris's life, she hated that the street life was something he had chosen to keep in his lifestyle.

She had been out with Rose when she got the call, almost giving her a heart attack.

Rose sat in the corner on her phone, texting away with her now fiancé, Drake, asking him how his tour was going. Looking up from her phone, she shook her head, thinking that her sister and mother were acting a fool.

"This is the life he chose, I'm only surprised it didn't happen sooner. He acts like a street rat that can't be touched, and now look where he is, lying up in the hospital struggling to breathe," she said, shaking her head.

Dawn looked at her daughter like she was crazy before Denise sprang from her chair and lunged at her.

She quickly punched Rose in the face before Will intervened, pulling Denise away from her.

He usually didn't insert himself in others' business but once Carmen recognized them, she told him to help.

"You stupid b*tch. Our brother is in this hospital fighting for his life and you're talking about him like it's nothing. Why do you even come around us if you think you're so much better!" she yelled.

"Girls stop acting like you're crazy before y'all get us kicked up out of here," Dawn said sternly.

"Rose, you are my daughter and I love you, but I'm so tired of your negativeness. Now is not the time for you to be acting like you're better than everybody. Save it, or get out of here," she said, pointing at Rose, who's eye now had a black ring around it.

She kept her mouth shut as she leaned back and picked with her bruised eye.

"Dawn, what are you guys doing here? Are you here for Kim?" Carmen asked, grabbing her hands.

"No, we're here for Paris. He was shot in a drive by and now they're doing surgery on him. But what happened to Kim," Dawn asked, trying her best not to break down.

Carmen explained what happened, making Denise clutch her heart from all the things that were going on. Her brother was fighting for his life and so was her best friend. It was a lot for her to take in.

"Lord have mercy," Dawn said, hugging Carmen.

"Family of Kimberly Smith," Doctor Tarter said, stepping into the waiting room.

They all jogged towards him as they waited for him to say something. "We're her parents," Will said, pointing between the two.

"We're doing absolutely everything we can right now to help your daughter. She has a broken rib. She lost a lot of blood in the accident and will need an immediate blood transfusion," he said, pressing his thin lips together.

Will and Carmen looked at each other before he pulled a crying Carmen into his arms.

Dawn sadly glanced at the two before turning her attention to the doctor with glossy eyes. "Do you have any update on my son, Paris Mckensie?"

"We've removed the bullet from his body. One punctured his heart while the other shot out the other side of his body and slightly damaged his spinal cord. One of his legs are currently paralyzed," he said, looking closely at the clipboard in his hand.

Dawn shook her head, turning away from the doctor. The street life made her son paralyzed, and she felt terrible about it. She felt like a bad
mother who failed every single last one of her children.

"Doctor Tarter, how long does Kim have before she needs the transfusion? None of us match her blood type," Will said since Carmen could no longer speak.

"Your daughter has an extremely rare blood type. Her blood type is B negative. Our chances of finding a donor in time are very slim, but we're trying," he gave a small smile, knowing that it was going to almost be impossible to fine someone with the same blood type as her.

Dawn listened to the doctor's words as she walked around the waiting room, when something in her head clicked. "Wait, my son has B negative blood. Can't you get some from him?" She said.

She grew to love Kim as a daughter and wanted her to get through this.

"Ms. Mckenise, your son had just enough blood to not need a transfusion. If we do this transfusion, it'll put him in danger," he said.

Will and Carmen looked at her with hopeful eyes, hoping that she'd save their daughter.

Dawn mouthed sorry to them before shaking her head no. She couldn't put her son's life in jeopardy, she wouldn't know what to do with herself if she was the reason he lost his life.

"With that being said, Mr. Mckenise is awake if you'd like to see him," he smiled.

Dawn nodded before following the doctor. They walked down the extremely long hallway to the elevator.

The elevator ride was silent as she twiddled her fingers, her heart pounding in her chest as they got closer to his floor.

Doctor Tater peeked his head into Paris's room before looking back to smile at Dawn. "He's a little loopy right now from coming off the lidocaine we gave him, but he can still hold a conversation," he said before stepping aside so she could step in.

Her eyes watered as she stepped closer to his bed. It was silent in the room. The only things that could be heard were the beeping of the monitors.

Dawn hated to interrupt his sleep, but she didn't care, she wanted to hear his voice. "Hey baybeh," she said, sniffling as she gently rubbed his arm.

Paris's eyes fluttered open, his  blurry vision soon focusing on his mom. Seeing the tears in her eyes saddened him, but he didn't want his sadness to make hers worse.

He forced a big smile on his face, earning a laugh from Dawn. "What you cryin' fa ma, you know they can't keep a thug down," he chuckled lightly.

"Paris I love you, and I'm sorry for being such a bad mother. If I would've provided a better life for you and your sisters, you wouldn't have felt the need to be on the street," she said lowly.

"Bad mother? Nah, mama, not you. You the strongest lady I kno'. I wouldn't have it any other way. It's not yo fault I'm a hood rat."

She shook her heard before giggling at his silliness. She didn't want to ruin the moment but she felt like he needed to know about Kim.

"Paris, there's something I need to tell you," she said before explaining to him about the car accident.

His heart pounded in his chest as his mother told him the whole thing. If he could, he would've got up and went to her room. "So have they found a donor? Is she going to be alright," he panicked.

Dawn had never seen Paris look so scared.

"The doctor said the chances of them finding a donor for her in time is very slim. Her blood type is too rare."

His breathing became unsteady as everything unfolded. "What's her blood type?"

Dawn looked down before looking back up at him. "She has the same blood type as yours. I suggested at first to get a transfusion from you, but you barely have enough blood yourself."

"Mama I don't care. I love that girl, I'd give her everything I have if she needed it. Ain't no way she about to leave this Earth, and leave me here by myself," he said, trying to sit up.

"Baby you can't, you don't have enough,"she pleaded.

"I said I don't care. Go get the doctor or I'll go get him myself," he stared into her eyes.

Dawn stared back, not planning on moving.

He shrugged before sitting up, wincing as pain shot through his entire body.

Once she realized that he actually was going to try to get the doctor himself, she gave in. "Okay Paris, lay back down. I'll go get him," she said, before helping him back into bed and then scurrying off to find the doctor.
********

Excuse mistakes and typos ❤️

I'll update again Saturday !

Yours Truly,
      PrincessNesh🦋💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 58 20
When you found out that your husband is cheating on you with your own biological sister, who have a sweet yet cold husband and a two year old daughte...
48 1 12
Maelly Kimp has it all figured out. Get accepted to her dream college's writing program at Woox University. Shes' a shoo in to get in. She has the li...
361K 10.8K 37
Paris France is an 18 year old stripper. Her mother put her out when she found she was pregnant with her daughter, London James. The baby's father, T...
940K 26.4K 34
21 year old Brittany has been through a tough time in her life. From getting kicked out by her mother to having a baby. But she doesn't regret having...