Cherry Chapstick

By yumnaxxariff

Everything was tasteless..bland. People in this universe never tasted anything until they found their soulmat... More

A u t h o r s N o t e :
P r o l o g u e :
O n e :
T w o :
T h r e e :
F o u r :
F i v e :
S e v e n :
E i g h t :
N i n e :
T e n :
E l e v e n :
T w e l v e :
T h i r t e e n :
F o u r t e e n :
F i f t e e n
S i x t e e n :
S e v e n t e e n :
E i g h t e e n :
N i n e t e e n :
T w e n t y :
T w e n t y O n e :
T w e n t y T w o :
T w e n t y T h r e e :
T w e n t y F o u r :
T w e n t y F i v e :
T w e n t y S i x :
T w e n t y S e v e n :
T w e n t y e i g h t :
T w e n t y N i n e :
T h i r t y :
T h i r t y O n e :
T h i r t y T w o :
T h i r t y T h r e e :
T h i r t y f o u r :
T h i r t y F i v e :
T h i r t y S i x :
T h i r t y S e v e n :
T h i r t y E i g h t :
E p i l o g u e
B o n u s C h a p t e r :
NEW BOOK!

S i x :

27.6K 917 403
By yumnaxxariff

Xena

I was right. Dinner was very long and awkward if I may add.
Every time I look up I saw Archer staring at me, almost looking into my soul. But I was very happy when we started to get up from the table.

We all walked out of the restaurant before saying our goodbyes.

"Xena, can I talk to you for a second?" Archer ask me.

"If you don't mind" he adds in.

My dad looks in between us before telling me he was going to wait in the car.

"Look Xena... I have a feeling that you're—" Archer starts but was soon cut of by his dad walking up to him and patting his back and telling him they needed to go home since Matthew had a meeting early in the morning.

"Okay" he nods at his dad before turning back to me.

He looks at me with his intense light green eyes before he continues to talk to me.

"I'll tell you later" he shakes his head before saying goodbye and walking to the car that his dad was waiting in.

I sigh before walking to my dads car.

What was he going to say?

Now that's the only thing that'll be stuck in my head and I won't be able to stop thinking about it.

"Did you tell him?" My dad says as soon as I enter the car.

"No" I shake my head.

"Honey..." my dad starts.

"I'll tell him. It's just that I'm scared that he might reject me. That's all" I say.

"Why would he reject you? Once you find your soulmate, you create a bond with them that almost inseparable" my dad says.

"But there is a chance that he might reject me." I say gesturing toward my body.

"You're perfect the way you are. And you're pretty blind to not see the way he looks at you with such adoration" my dad smiles.

I just sigh and look out the window.

Archer would never want me. I mean... he's Archer Howell for fucks sake.

The whole ride back home there was a peaceful silence.

Once we reached home, he walked up the pebbled pathway and entered the door.

We both went upstairs into our own room after saying goodnight.

As soon as I closed my bedroom door behind me I got out of the dress, washed my face and brushed my teeth and jumped into bed.

As soon as I was under the cozy grey duvet I started to think about what Archer wanted to tell me.

I soon then drifted off to sleep with the thought of a curly haired and green eyed boy.

——

The next day, I had woken up early even though it was a Saturday. I walked down the carpeted stairs while rubbing my eyes to get rid of my tiredness.

Once I wake up, I can't sleep again.

When I reached the kitchen I saw my dad sitting on the dining table drinking some coffee while going through his phone.

"Hey" I mumble groggily.

"Morning" my dad smiles while looking at me.

I sit on the seat across from him and rest my head over my arms that were propped on the dinning table.

After a few minutes of silence, I hear shuffling. I lift my head up and see my dad placing his mug in the sink.

He walks up to me with a small smile on his face, he then places a kiss on my forehead.

"I'm going to work. Don't make dinner, it's my turn" he says before walking to the large black wooden front door and closing it shut after him.

I decided to head back upstairs and take a quick shower because Cam and Brie wanted to meet up at Brie's house.

I picked out some clothes that consisted of some black jeans and a light blue spaghetti strap top.

I took a quit shower and wore my clothes. My hair was wet but I was too lazy to dry it so I decided to let it air dry.

I headed back downstairs and walked out the door, locking it shut behind me.

I enter my car and reverse out of the long driveway. I then headed to Brie's house.

After about 20 minutes I reached her house. I parked my car in the driveway and walked to the front door.

Just as I was about to ring the doorbell. The door comes flying open, revealing a very happy Cam.

"Hey" I smile and walk into Brie's house.

I walk to her living room and jump onto her leathered sofa.

"Hey. So how did dinner go last night?" Cam asks.

I had told Cam and Brie about the dinner, when my dad called me yesterday after school.

Just as I was about to tell her about the dinner, Brie shuffles into the living room with a bowl of chips in one hand and a glass of juice in the other.

"I couldn't find the—Oh hi Xena" Brie waves and tries to speak but her words came out muffled since her mouth was full with chips.

"Hey" I laugh at her and got off the couch to help her carry the chips since she was struggling. I then place the chips on the coffee table in front of us.

"Thanks" she smiles before placing herself on the sofa, beside where I was sitting.

"She was just about to tell us about the dinner" Cam states.

"Oh Yeah. How was it? Who was it with?" Brie question while she takes a sip of her juice, while I sit in between them.

"It was with Archer and his Dad" I simply state.

Brie then spits out the juice and sits up straight while having a coughing fit.

"Girl, What?!" Cam looks at me with shock.

I just ignored her and started to pat Bries back as she couldn't stop coughing.

"You good?" I ask Brie.

"No! I'm not! You almost killed me, Xena!" Brie says while she picks up a chip and places it in her mouth while she still looks at me as if I grew another head.

"How did the dinner go?" Cam asks.

"It was awkward...and really confusing" I say.

"Tell us everything" Brie states, Cam nodding along with her.

"Well...in the beginning I didn't really know who I was having dinner with until we reached the restaurant. But then my dad and Archers dad, Matthew, started talking while Archer and I kept having awkward eye contact." I say.

"That's it?" Cam asks.

"No...I then went to the bathroom  and when I left the bathroom I bumped into Archer and we kind of kissed...but yeah, that's it" I say while playing with my fingers.

"Wait...you guys kissed?!" Brie yells into my ear.

"That's your second kiss with him and you still haven't told him that you're his soulmate" Cam gives me a pointed look.

"Actually...it's our third time kissing" I say quietly.

"What! When?!" Brie yells

"Can you please, for the love of God stop yelling in my ear" I glare at Brie.

"Oh sorry" she smiles

"What do mean by it's your third time kissing? What haven't you told us?" Cam narrows her eyes at me.

"So...um...we kind of kissed a few weeks back when he had called me aside during lunch." I say

"And why didn't you tell us?" Brie asks.

"I didn't tell you guys simply because of the fact I forgot" I shrug.

"How could you forget that you kissed your crush for the second time?" Cam shakes her head.

"I don't know, my mind was just really clouded. Okay?" I lift my hands up in surrender.

"It's fine. But you need to tell him that you're his soulmate, Xena. It's been 2 weeks." Brie says

"Yeah I will. I need to by the end of next week anyway, because apparently Owen, Archers best friend, knows that Archer and I are soulmates. He said that if I don't tell him by the end of next week then he will" I say

"So that just gives you another reason as to why you need to tell him sooner" Cam says.

"Yeah...Anyways, enough about Archer, Let's watch a movie or something" I change the topic.

"Yeah" Brie nods before turning on the TV.

I'll tell him by the end of the upcoming week, for sure.

———
Don't forget to VOTE by clicking the star icon on the bottom left corner ⭐️

Guys I'm so sorry I haven't updated this whole week, I'm going to be honest and tell you I have writers blockkk. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Love you guys ♥️
~Yumna

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

858 77 25
It keeps twisting and turning for Sarah school life, especially when it comes to school crushes, parties, and a school play! That was only the beginn...
1.1K 207 33
Faith Harper will do whatever it takes to be with her soulmate...and it all started with one unforgettable night. A night where her best friend prof...
1.8K 99 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...
1.5M 42.6K 54
We've all heard about 'the main character'. The type of person who lives through the most dramatic and improbable situations, and finds the kind of e...