[DISCONTINUED] The Art of Des...

By shro_om

[L/N] [F/N], the successor of the destructive pillar, follows in her fathers footsteps to become a Hashira ju... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 3.5
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Christmas Special! - Tanjiro x Reader!
Christmas Special! - Zenitsu x Reader!
Christmas Special! - Inosuke x Reader!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 : Mini-Chapter (Zenitsu)
Chapter 37 : Mini-Chapter (Inosuke)
Chapter 38 : Mini-Chapter (Zenitsu)
Chapter 39 : Mini-Chapter (Inosuke)
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
A/N
A/N - I'm Back!
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 27

4.3K 185 27
By shro_om

Previously!

But with quick and sudden movements, Zenitsu immediately got back up and grabbed the younger boys arm and yours. He began to pull you both towards the entrance of the home as you both struggled to get out of his grip. "Zenitsu let go of us both! We need to find his younger sister and Tanjiro!" The boys loud babbling silenced your plea. Now at the front door, the brown and yellow merging eye'd male opened the door, only to find another room. "Are you kidding me!?" The yellow haired male screamed while gripping his hair. You sighed out of exhaustion,

"Great..."

On to Chapter 27!

After a short moment of screaming and crying even more tears, Zenitsu began to relentlessly open all the doors that he could find. Door after door he opened, but none of them revealed the outside world. "Zenitsu, I'm pretty sure we're stuck in here at this point." You commented with crossed-arms. "No! No! No! We can't give up just yet!" He yelled. "I really wish you had that attitude towards finding both Tanjiro and Teruko..." The younger male who was standing right beside you nodded with what you had whispered from under your breathe. Ignoring the comment that you made, Zenitsu exclaimed, "It's gonna be this one (Y/N)chan! I know it!" With an excessive amount of force, the yellow haired male opened one of the doors. And even though it didn't open to the outside, it did have a surprise. 

Standing in the middle of the room was a bare-chest individual who was wearing a boar hide on top of his head. "Uh," you muttered as you took a step back, "Zenitsu, back up." Your voice and body on guard. The masked person turned it's head towards the three of you with a low growl; steam escaping from its nostrils. 'H-Holy shit, he's terrifying!'  The masked male crouched onto the floor, alarming you fully, "Zenitsu! Move!" You yelled at the the frozen male. Grabbing the back of his haori, you pulled him back into your chest and also grabbed the younger male away from the door. The masked man jumped through the sliding entrance and onto the wall like a jumping spider, "What the?" No words could describe your confusion. But you also had to admit, it was quite impressive how he just jumped from wall to wall before running off deeper into the house. 

Letting go of both the boys, Shoichi, the younger male, looked back at you and thanked you for moving him and then looked at Zenitsu, who was hugging your waist tightly. You couldn't help but laugh at the nasty expression that the young kid was making at Zenitsu; which caused Zenitsu himself to start crying and babbling about the kids face. 

After that short fiasco, the three of you began walking throughout the house, now in search of Tanjiro and Shoichi's younger sister and brother. Looking behind you, you could see Zenitsu shivering with fear and taking slow, cautious steps as he dragged Shoichi with him. You gave a disappointing look at Zenitsu, not amused at how scared he was being even though there was no demon in sight. You were about to say something, but the younger male, Shoichi, beat you to it. His small sentence caused the fearful male to scream obnoxiously and then yell at the boy with a mix of emotions. Walking over to where the two of them were, you crossed your arms with a thin line on your face as you watched Zenitsu, shakily, tell Shoichi to signal at him the next time he's going to say something. "And if it had come to pass," he spoke with chattering teeth and a shivering body, "that would've made you a murderer for sure! Do you get that?!" 

You whacked the yellow haired male, "Don't tell him that he's going to be a murderer just because you're a scaredy-cat Zenitsu." You scolded as the male cried about how mean you were. "Are you okay though, Shoichi?" You asked, trying to smile through this annoying time. He nodded reluctantly, "I was going to talk about his horrible shivering, gasping, and sweating-" "WHAT ABOUT IT?! AREN'T I DOING THE BEST THAT I CAN HERE?!" Zenitsu cut him off, which irked you greatly. You hit the male another time to shut him up so that he didn't continue to cut off the younger boy. "Continue Shoichi." He nodded, "Because of all of his shivering, sweating, and gasping, it's also making me nervous..." Your eyes softened at the tired looking child as Zenitsu screamed that he was sorry for making Shoichi nervous. "You can walk with me next time then, Shoichi." You smiled sweetly, resulting in the younger boy to smile back also. "Eh?! Why can't you be nice to me like that also (Y/N)chan~?!" Cried a certain individual. 

Zenitsu continued to whine about how rudely you were treating him and how being quiet was the best way to avoid demons. But as Zenitsu talked, Shoichi's face twisted from exhausted to completely terrified. Noticing his change in expression, you whipped your head behind you and saw a demon crawling on the ground with a wet tongue sticking out. Pulling the young child to stand behind you and grabbing Zenitsu by his back collar, you watched the demon with intense eyes and gritting teeth. 

"Just a couple of kids." It said with a rough voice, "Probably most agreeable to the tongue." It ended as it completely crawled out of the shadows. "WHAT DID I TELL YOU?! A DEMON SHOWED UP! A DEMON SHO-" You put your hand over Zenitsu's mouth while maintaining your focus on the demon; it's bright green eyes and eager tongue looking back at you menacingly. "You're pretty brave to look at me like that, little girl." The demon spoke with it's tongue flicking from side-to-side. You gulped out of disgust while your stomach churned. 

You breathed out and reached for the hilt of your sword, but before you could unsheathe your sword, Zenitsu was already pulling you back as he screamed bloody-murder. "W-What do you think you're doing Zenitsu?!" You yelled as you slightly stumbled to run at the same pace as him while he gripped your haori. "I'm saving you from that demon! That's what I'm doing!" He screamed out, never sounding brave. You grabbed Shoichi's hand to make sure that he didn't get seperated from the two of you. The under-confident male caught a quick glimpse of the demon from his peripheral vision, and his fear sky-rocketed. "Stay away! Stay away from us!" He shrilled as the demon crawled on all fours towards the three of you. And with an attempt to try and make the demon go away, he yelled about how disgusting the three of you would taste and that it would be a waste of time to try and eat any of you. 

The demon merely chuckled at his pity attempt to try and stop his pursuit, "How will I know until I have taste?" The crawling demon said as it flung it's tongue towards the three of you. "Oh shi-!"You cut yourself off when you and Zenitsu both moved to the other side of the wall in order to evade the converted humans attack. The demons tongue instead sliced a clay pot filled with water in half cleanly, which caused both you and the yellow under-confident male to freak out. "WHAT WAS THAT?! YOUR TONGUE'S QUICK ENOUGH TO SPLIT A VASE INTO TWO?!" Your companion screeched as he held the younger male in his chest. 

The beast continued it's hunt towards the three of you and flung his tongue out once more, making sure that he didn't miss this time. "Move!" You yelled as you flung yourself towards Zenitsu and the younger boy, pushing them both through a door and into an orange room. Getting yourself up immediately, both you and Shoichi shook Zenitsu to get up. The shivering male looked at you both with tears brimming in his eyes as he spoke with worry, "It's in my knees now! 80 percent of my fear is in my knees!" You yelled at him at what he meant by that while Shoichi wailed that this was no time to whine. "Just leave me behind! Make a run for it!" He cried. You had to suppress the urge to hit the male again, "Don't say something so stupid Zenitsu! You know we can't do something like that!" 

The blonde male looked at you with tears falling from his light and dark honeysuckle eyes as his mouth was left agape. He felt the tenderness that came from the both of you and made a new initiative: protect the both of you. Even though his river of tears and gaping wide mouth didn't show it, he was thinking about a way to save both you and Shochi from this disastrous moment. "Come on Zenitsu! You have to get up!" You yelled through tight teeth, getting more worried by the second. 

A thud suddenly came from the entrance of the room. And there it was, the demon with dark gray skin and vibrant green eyes. Climbing into the room now, "I'm gonna guzzle your brain matter through your ears!" A shaky breathe escaped from you as you placed a hand in front of the younger boy and Zenitsu. About to unsheathe your sword, you heard a sudden thud from behind you. With both your eyes and ears perking up, you looked behind you and saw a sleeping Zenitsu. Your jaw dropped and your eye twitched, 'What the fuck!? Why is he asleep!? We're about to get killed you fuc-' You stopped yourself from finishing your internal comment and shook your head instead. 'Now's not the time to scold him! There's a demon right in front of us!'

The demon crawled closer, which made goosebumps form on your skin. Taking a few steps back so that Zenitsu's sleeping body was in front of you, you grabbed both of his arms and pulled him, "Shochi, get all the way to the back of the room! I can pull him by myself!" "Are you sure, (Y/N)san?!" The young male immediately asked, "I am! Now get to the back of the room! Now!" Listening to your command, Shoichi sprinted to the back of the room. You hurriedly pulled Zenitsu's body all the way to the back of the room also where Shochi was now pressing his back against. Locking eyes with the demon while stepping in front of the two males, you unsheathed your sword in order to protect them both. 

It's dark fern green shined as it was finally exposed to the air. Readying yourself, you listened as the demon chuckled menacingly, "What are you going to do, girl?" It asked, but you remained silent, "The only use that you have is being my food!" It jerked it's head back before flinging it's tongue at you, "Die!" He yelled. Confident in your abilities, you sliced the end of it's tongue and made your pursuit towards the demon. "And the only use that you have is having your head sliced off!" You yelled, about to perform one of your forms. 

But before you could execute one of your forms, the end of it's tongue was quickly approaching you from your side. "(Y/N)san! Look out!" Shoichi screamed. Turning your head with haste, you violently twisted your body towards the oncoming tongue in an attempt to try and slice it. But after moving so violently, a flash of pain rippled on both your back and chest, causing you to stumble slightly. Right before the demons tongue got to you, Zenitsu stood in front of you, it's tongue sliced cleanly. "What the-?" You blurted out, "Zenitsu? Are you awake?" You questioned as the male stood tall now, never shivering out of fear. He signaled to you to stay where you were as his head looked down. Baffled at his sudden change in attitude and form, you followed and listened to his signal. Taking a step back, you let Zenitsu take charge. 

Changing his feet to a launching position, he began to emit a sound that could only be described as a whistling tea-kettle. The air shifted from uncertainty to a tense victory as you watched Zenitsu prepare himself for a form. You heard the male say his form with a serious tone; never shaking or stumbling over his words. A cheeky grin now grew on your face, your confidence in your new companion was bubbling right out of you. "Looks can be quite deceiving, demon!" You yelled out with a cocky tone. After your cocky sentence, Zenitsu unleashed his form. 

The calm and unconscious male left a flash of lightning as he passed through the demon with ease. The speed and accuracy that he had was scary, but also thrilling and exhilarating. The head of the demon fell once Zenitsu was on the other side of the room; his sword looked as if it never even left it's sheathe. You smiled widely, you knew that he was more talented than he gave himself credit for; you knew that he was talented, no, not even that would describe him, he was incredible. 

Like a light bulb finally turning on, Zenitsu came back to his usual self. Slowly moving, you watched as he looked down at the ground and saw the severed demons head, which gave him quite a fright. You laughed whole-heartedly at the boys change in personality, far too thrilled to finally see what he was capable of than to give a damn about his scared nature. Never hearing what Zenitsu said earlier, you suddenly felt your body be struck with another force. Knocking some of the wind out of you, you listened as Zenitsu cried out about how you saved both Shoichi's and his life and how he would be eternally grateful to you. You rolled your eyes at the males sudden gratefulness. Not wanting to burst his bubble of joy and relief, you rolled with the praise that he was giving to you while you merely shrugged with Shoichi. Patting the males head, "You don't owe me anything Zenitsu, now come on, we still have Tanjiro, Teruko, and Shoichi's older brother to find." He nodded as he wiped his beads of tears away from his eyes and stood up with you. With an ecstatic smile on your face, you exclaimed,

"All right, let's get going you two!" 

A/N

This chapter took quite a while to write! But I'm glad I got it done though! 

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, even though its a lot longer than my regular chapters (I usually try to stay under 1,500~1,600 words, but this came out to around 2,350)!

But I have nothing else to say other than that! Feel free to leave any comments that you have and have a wonderful whateverthetimeisforyourightnow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 869 30
๐—Ÿ๐—ฒ๐—ด๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜†: ๐—ฆ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜€๐—บ๐—ถ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—บ ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐—ผ๐—ป. ๐˜ผ๏ฟฝ...
7.8K 278 18
You somehow end up lost in Japan, having little to no memory of your life before, or any understanding of the land and people here. But you meet extr...
180K 2.4K 72
โตŒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ดโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ซโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ดโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ทโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ปโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ทโ€Œ โ”Š๐”ž ๐”Ÿ๐”ฌ๐”ฌ๐”จ ๐”ฌ๐”ฃ ๐”ž๐” ๐” ๐”ฒ๐”ช๐”ฒ๐”ฉ๐”ž๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ซ ๐”ฌ๐”ฃ ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฅ๐”ฌ๐”ฑ๐”ฐ เช‰ โžค disclaimer : - tw is always in the begi...
38K 1.6K 26
โ ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐ˆ ๐–๐„๐‘๐„ ๐–๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐“๐„๐ ๐…๐Ž๐‘ ๐„๐€๐‚๐‡ ๐Ž๐“๐‡๐„๐‘ โž ใ…ค โ•ฐโ”ˆโ”€โžค in which y/n, the frost hashira, encounters tanjiro during his final s...