Where You Belong (Eijirou Kir...

By outlander17

****COVER CREDITS GO TO @AnaCryMag****** (Under Editing) "Is this really the path you want to take, Margo?"... More

One Choice
First Impressions
Hesitation
Clumsy
Quirk Information
Mission
Who Are You
Too Good
Costume information
Understand
See Me
Distance Yourself
Have a Little Fun
Upholding Image
"K"
Can you?
Friends
Conflicted
Tenacity
Not One of Them.
It's a Date
Underlying Darkness
The Drop
Eijirou.
Sacrifice to Protect
No Way Out
Evil Villain
Bare
Study
Find Me
Crossroads
Sides
Clarity
Compatibility
Perspective
Damn Great
Red Circle
Support
Believe in Me
Takoyaki
Man in the Kitchen
Moonlit Endeavors
Closer
Situation
Converge
Out of Control
Starry Nights
Elevated Stress
Persuade Him
Trust
Flat Chest
Prove Yourself
Identity
Walk the Path
Meaningless
Wake Up
Acceptance
Thoughts at Dawn
Chance
Make It Yours
Remember
Unfamiliar Familiarity
Double-Sided Past
Smooth
Barriers
Care
Unease
For Good
No More Barriers
Face Boy
Night.
Contradicting Ideals
I'll Be Watching
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Cover Your Ears
Just Say It
Better Late Than Never
Beautiful Masterpiece
Naked
What Started It All Part One
What Started It All Part Two
Weakness
Unshackled Spirit
Unadulterated Bliss
Package Deal
Expect the Worst
Brace For It
Make Up For It
PreparationοΏΌ
Master Plan
The Promise
Shitty Romantic Comedies
Be Fine
Secret ObsessionοΏΌ
Behind Closed Doors
Don't Leave Me
Don't Give Up
Live Like One, Die Like One
This Is It
The Future Through His Eyes
Double Agent
Aftermath
Wrong Direction
Familiar Faces
Like A True Hero
The Letter
By My Side
THE END
After Story: The Day She Wore The Pin
After Story: Until We Meet Again

Slipping Away

2.6K 121 177
By outlander17

"Wow! For Sir to give a nod like that, you two must be doing some pretty cool stuff in the foreseeable future!" Mirio chuckled, spinning around rapidly in his swivel chair.

Eijirou and I were quiet, trying to take this all in.

It was a very complicated situation. Sir Nighteye was basically telling us that we needed each other to do something, but Eijirou and I had no idea what it was.

"Indeed they will. Remember, I don't know exactly how you two will get there. I just see one moment in time. For now, Let me catch you up on what has been going on at the Nighteye agency." Sir said, leaning back in his seat now.

He slid his entire file across the table now, letting Eijirou and I look at it.

There were more pictures of this Overhaul guy, along with some other dudes in those beak masks.

"Kai Chisaki leads a yakuza gang, known as the eight precepts of death. He's very, very dangerous. But, he is able to hide his steps and his doings very well. I was able to phone tap one of his phone calls with a league of villains member, Twice. Do you know him?" Sir Nighteye asked me suspiciously, trying not to accuse me of lying too early.

I thought back to good ole' Twice. The guy was a hot mess. I shouldn't be surprised that he's bringing such a dangerous guy to the league of villains. He probably has no idea how dangerous Overhaul is.

"Yeah. I know Twice." I grumbled, in annoyance for the troubled, masked man.

"Good. I've been watching Overhaul and his gang for months with no luck. Well, once I found out the league of villains would be in contact with Chisaki, I began researching possible ways I could get one of my men undercover into the league of villains, to report back to me about Overhaul." Sir said, playing with his own fingers now.

I began piecing his words together, already starting to understand where this was going.

And I was dreading it.

I looked at Sir in unease now, politely allowing him to continue.

"Margo, I ran into you, by chance, at the dance. I used my foresight on you, by chance. However, once I found out you were a former member of the league of villains, I did some research of you on my own." Sir said, motioning for me to turn a page in the file Eijirou and I were reading.

Eijirou and I let out a simultaneous groan, as we saw the familiar picture of villain me...glaring evilly into the picture frame.

"I have to say, your makeshift mugshot was terrifying. By the way, I'm digging those piercings you had. They made you look really tough!" Mirio chimed in, giving me a thumbs up.

"As you can imagine, I couldn't even begin to fathom the luck I was having...finding a league of villains member at a school dance. My original plan was to threaten you into working for me, and then turn you in to the police, when I was done with you. But interestingly, I noticed your track record with the league slowly began disappearing, until there was almost nothing left. You began doing odd jobs for Shigaraki, things that weren't very significant. Mirio found out that you, Kirishima, and Aizawa would have secret meetings. That is what led me to believe I might be able to work with you with, willingly." Sir said, before I chimed in now.

"Okay, so what's your point?" I mumbled, slightly annoyed that Sir just went snooping through my past, secretly.

Aizawa chimed in now.

"Before Sir Nighteye chimes in, I just want to say that I back you up, Margo. Understand that I am already working on the plans you and I talked about." Aizawa confirmed, giving me a nod, before letting Sir speak.

"Margo, you will work for me at my agency....continuing to stay undercover with the league of villains. You'll report back to me everything that Overhaul says and does, so I can take him down." Sir Nighteye proposed—or rather, basically commanded me.

I furrowed my brows in concentration, as I thought about Sir's offer.

Stay undercover with the league of villains, to take down Overhaul.

Basically, Sir Nighteye wanted me to do the exact same job I'm doing now....just with more risks on my life than before.

Not even a week ago, I had finally made my own decision to leave the league of villains for good. To stop going undercover and live a modest life.

Ever since I decided that...I have felt an incredible weight lifted off my shoulders. I've been happy. Carefree.

Because for the first time in my life, I finally did something I wanted to do.

Nobody else.

Is it so wrong to want to do something for myself?

I don't think it is.

So, for this time...this first time....

I'm going to be selfish about my decisions.

"No." I simply stated, sliding the file back over to Sir Nighteye.

.......

I watched Mirio's eyes widened in panic at my words, as he quickly looked over at Sir Nighteye sheepishly.

Sir Nighteye shot me a glare that was practically burning a hole in my head.

The room was consumed in tense silence, as everyone waited for someone to speak.

"If you're trying to make a joke.....that was not a very funny one." Sir spat out, his stone cold glare never leaving my face.

I sighed tiredly, sitting up straight in my chair now.

"It's not a joke. I'm turning down your offer. I've already decided I'm leaving the league of villains. I'm sorry to disappoint you." I said, shrugging softly.

I looked over at Aizawa, seeing him give me a nod of reassurance.

Eijirou smiled at me softly, a look of relief present in his eyes.

Sir Nighteye abruptly stood up from his chair now, slowly pacing the room.

We all watched him in anticipation, before he sharply turned to me.

"Denied." He simply stated, crossing his arms.

I furrowed my brows in confusion at his words.

"Denied? What does that mean?" Eijirou mumbled, tilting his head to the side in question.

"Denied. It means I'm denying your request to stay out of this case." Sir Nighteye shrugged, quickly sitting back down now.

I narrowed my eyes at Sir Nighteye, not really liking this guy.

I think I'm done with him.

"Hah. Well, good thing I wasn't asking for your permission. I'll rephrase my words. I'm not doing it. This fight you have with the league of villains, this fight with Kai Chisaki....it's not something I want to be apart of, anymore. This is not my fight." I counteracted, standing up from my chair now, starting to walk out of the conference room.

I was holding my ground on this one.

I had already decided to change my life, to better it.

Nothing could convince me to go back now.

I heard the legs of Nighteye's chair screech across the floor, signaling he stood up abruptly.

"Wait a minute!" Sir Nighteye called out.

My eyes widened when I felt myself being tugged backwards, by my arm.

"Hey!" Aizawa called out, standing up from his seat now.

"Woah man! You need to calm down!" Eijirou yelled, quickly prying Sir's hand off my arm.

"Guys, guys! Let's just all relax a little, come on!" Mirio said, anxiety slightly creeping into his voice as he stood in between Sir Nighteye, and Eijirou and I.

"Margo, you leave me no choice. If you don't help me, I'll be forced to expose your secret. I'll tell everyone who you really are." Sir muttered out lowly, a threatening tone in his voice.

I scoffed in anger now, feeling a fire lighting in my heart.

"Fine! Go ahead! Tell everyone about my secret. I don't care anymore!" I yelled out, feeling my anger levels starting to rise.

Sir Nighteye's threatening look towards me, slowly began contorting into one of slight desperation now.

"But what about your future?!" Sir called out, the anger in his voice completely replaced with desperation.

I shrugged my shoulders, continuing my walk towards the door now.

"I'll just make a new future for myself. That's what I'm trying to do now anyways." I called out over my shoulder.

"Margo! Don't you get it!? Your future isn't just about you!!! What you're supposed to do, in time, will save lives! Innocent, good lives!!!" Sir Nighteye screamed out now.

My feet abruptly stopped walking on their own, upon hearing Sir Nighteye's words.

I stared blankly at the door a few feet in front of me, only needing to barely reach out to open it and leave.

Save.

The word I've always admired. The word that has caused me to do so many different things in my life.

It's the word that made me admire the heroes, when I was a child. It's the word that caused me to join the league of villains in the first place, because it made me angry at the time.

But it's also the word that caused me to switch sides.

Is Sir Nighteye saying I can save someone?

Me? Someone who was never worthy enough to be a hero?

"Are you saying.....there are people in danger? P-People....who need my—I mean...people who need help?" I asked quietly, keeping my back turned towards Sir Nighteye.

Sir Nighteye sighed, as I heard him plop back down in his seat.

"Yes. That is what I'm saying. I wouldn't be so adamant about having you agree to this, otherwise. You think I'm really gonna beg a high schooler for help, unless I absolutely have to?" Sir Nighteye retorted.

I turned around now, coming face to face with Eijirou.

He had a look of anxiety and frustration on his face. His teeth were grit in knowing fear. Fear for my life, as I'm sure he already knew where this meeting was going now.

I looked over at Aizawa, seeing him sigh, as he knew I was looking to him for guidance.

Whoops, I guess I was already kind of looking at him as a guardian figure. Hopefully that didn't annoy him.

"I can't make this choice for you, Margo. Your situation. Your life. You've been through some pretty horrible stuff. This is a very dangerous mission. It's more dangerous than the undercover work you've been doing for me. In my book, you've already redeemed yourself. You've redeemed and nourished the goodness inside your soul. I'll support you, whatever you choose to do." Aizawa said quietly, leaning back as he waited for me to give an answer.

I sighed in frustration, running a hand through my hair anxiously.

"Who will I be saving if I do this?" I asked, wanting to get a better idea of the situation.

"I can't tell you that. I can't tell you your future, remember? You'll just need to trust me, and I'll need to trust you. Come on, Margo. Don't you want to be a hero?" Sir Nighteye proposed, gaining back some of his tough exterior now.

I chuckled dryly, as I listened to Sir Nighteye's words.

I felt myself closing up again. I felt the emotions and vulnerability that Eijirou had managed to pry out of me, after all this time, now retreating further into the dark depths of my heart. It was because I realized my future now. Not the future that Sir Nighteye saw, but the future directly in front of me.

Eijirou sighed sadly, as he studied your face, watching your constantly, changing conflict. He could read you like a book. He already knew you were closing yourself off again. He knew what you were preparing to do.

And it hurt him. So. Much.

I closed my eyes, watching my short lived, new found freedom and happiness slipping away into nothing.

I kept the memories and dreams locked away in my heart, not knowing if I would ever live to see the day they came true.

But, that's okay.

Seriously. It's okay.

Because, if it means I get to save at least one life....if it means I get to do something good for somebody else....

I'll gladly do it. As many times as I have to.

I took a deep breath, opening my eyes as I faced Sir, Mirio, Aizawa, and Eijirou.

"Heh, I'm no hero, Sir Nighteye. I will never be a hero, and I've accepted that. But, I'll do it. I'll continue staying undercover with the league of villains, working with you to take down Overhaul." I stated clearly, shooting him a confident grin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 215 20
^^I don't own the picture on the cover, it belongs to Sierra Wedgeworth on pinterest^^ ((Before you read this!!! I'm rewriting the story and its new...
293K 9.7K 145
_______________________________ "This is the story of how we became the greatest heroes." _________________________________ Nothing about Miyuki's pa...
4.4K 143 15
𝔹ℕℍ𝔸 𝕆ℂ π•Šπ•‹π•†β„π• In the shadows of tragedy, Mahou Murasaki's life takes a treacherous turn. Betrayed and kidnapped, she escapes only to be thrust...
2M 88.8K 179
1ST PLACE IN 2020 BNHA AWARDS FOR BOTH BEST CHARACTERXOC STORY & BEST NARRATION. Cover picture of Ari and Keigo drawn by @_special_donut_fp "This is...