This Is It

I began screaming as I felt myself falling back into Overhaul's earthquake, thinking this was it for me.

Sorry Nighteye, I guess I couldn't fulfill your foresight after all.

I gasped when I felt someone grab my wrist, causing me to dangle in the air.

"EIJIROU!! I screamed, seeing him holding my wrist.

He was about to speak to me, before the ledge he was standing on suddenly crumpled, meaning Overhaul probably broke down the earth again with his quirk.

Eijirou's eyes popped out of his head as we both began falling rapidly towards our death now.

"Margo!!" He yelled out, as we plummeted back down to the underground, harshly landing on our backs.

I looked up, feeling Eijirou drag me by my arm to a slightly more stable part of the hallway, trying to take cover under the rapidly decaying structure.

"Are you okay?!" He yelled to me over the giant earthquake we were now caught in.

I forced myself to continue swallowing the fear from the quirk bullet, focusing only on Eijirou.

I felt my forehead bleeding now, meaning I probably hit it along the way down.

I didn't even care as I grabbed Eijirou's dirty, bloodied face.

"I-I'm okay. It's okay." I said to him, throwing my arms around his neck.

He enveloped my body in his arms for a moment, as if savoring this touch between us.

Eijirou pulled away lightly now, laying me down on the ground.

He climbed on top of me, hovering over me, focusing only on my eyes.

"Margo...you're going to be okay. I'm going to protect you. Do you understand me?" He said lightly, his voice shaking in fear.

"Eijirou—"

"There's nowhere for me to run, either. I'll be protecting myself with my hardening, anyways. I'm simply multitasking, by shielding you, too." He explained, hardening his body lightly, as the building started coming down on top of us, at a rapid pace.

I looked up at him in panic, seeing his body start to harden a little more

He kept his gaze on me, speaking over the crushing debris.

"Margo....I never used to believe in myself. I was always afraid that when the time came down to it, I'd never be able to save someone in need, because I would be too afraid." He grunted out, applying more exertion to his hardening.