Meaningless

"MARGO!!!!" Shigaraki screamed in fury, slamming me to the floor.

Even over the chaos of All Might and All for One fighting, I clearly heard his voice...and how angry he was.

Shigaraki quickly ripped my mask off my head, squeezing both sides of my face with four fingers.

He yanked the hand off his face, glaring his crazed, furious eyes into me.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!! DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH!!?" Shigaraki screamed in my face

Oh yeah. He was pissed.

"It was an accident. Bakugou slipped from my fingers—" I muttered out, before I felt a sharp stinging pain across my face.

I realized Shigaraki just smacked me in the face.

"Bullshit, Margo!! You let him go! I know you did!!" Shigaraki screamed, slightly being drowned out by the sound of a yell from All Might.

"Tomura. I don't think she let him go. She was struggling with him pretty hard." Toga called out, casually shrugging her shoulders.

What? Was she trying to help me?

"Toga, enough. I know what I saw—"

"Obviously you don't. I saw it, too. Margo was struggling to hold him down. That kid's strong. I know that first hand." Dabi said to Shigaraki, who was still two seconds away from decaying my face.

Dabi and Toga must know Shigaraki is seconds away from killing me. It sounds like they're trying to convince him to spare my life.

Shigaraki's crazed eyes whipped back around at me.

"Are we all forgetting that Margo has a quirk that can debilitate Bakugou in two seconds!?!" He spat out.

I swallowed thickly, before deciding to speak up now.

This was my life on the line, after all.

"If I used my quirk on Bakugou, he would have recognized me. I couldn't risk that, if I wanted to continue staying undercover." I simply said to Shigaraki, trying to keep my cool.

Shigaraki was about to speak again, before I quickly cut him off.

"You told me in the warehouse that you would kill me if I fucked up again. Do you think, after having that conversation ten minutes ago, that I would have done something to betray you?" I asked cautiously, forcing myself to maintain eye contact with him.

I mean, the truthful answer is yes. Shigaraki told me he would kill me if I fucked up again, and I still betrayed him.

But of course, he's supposed to believe otherwise.

He was silent for a moment, along with everyone else.

The sounds from the fight between All Might and All for One filled the silent air between us.