Falling for the Broken

Autorstwa YoungButNotFree_

"People cry, not because they're weak. It's because they've been strong for too long." Ellie Watson: The lone... Więcej

1: Naked Boy
2: Aaron McKenzie
3: Work
5: Hangover
6: Dancing With Elephants
7: The Unexpected Visitor
8: People Make Mistakes
9: The Notebook
10: Store Room Secrets
11: Karma Isn't Real
12: Explanations
13: Heartbreaking Pain
14: Goodbye
15: Band Practise
16: The Date
17: I Like You
18: Condom Shopping
19: Unsafe
20: Taken
21: Gunpoint
22: Friends
23: Letting Go
24: Quitting
25: The End
Epilogue

4: Party

278 24 13
Autorstwa YoungButNotFree_

"And I saw scars upon her broken hearted dove." Ed Sheeran

"But it's a party!" Olivia whined. "You have to come!"

"Why?" I questioned.

We were sitting in the living room and Olivia was telling me about this party which was supposed to be the party of the century. Yeah right... Tommy was also in the room yet he was too preoccupied with his phone to engage in conversation.

"Because you need to get out!" Olivia demanded. "This isn't up for discussion, okay? You're going to borrow one of my dresses and I'm going to make you look drop dead gorgeous. Kapeesh?"

"I hate you."

"Aww, Elle, I love you too!" She wrapped her arms around me and gave me a suffocating hug.

"Can't. Breathe." I gasped for air.

"You're so miserable!" She let go of me.

"I try." I flashed her a smile.

The mayor of stinky pants walked into the room with a smug smile planted on his captivating face. He fell onto the sofa opposite us and finished off doing something on his phone before safely tucking it into his pocket. Tommy also put his phone away making it evident that one of us had to speak in order to make the situation less awkward.

"So is everyone going to the party on-" Aaron began.

"Wait, you're going?" I interrupted him.

"Uh, yeah." He replied in a 'duh' tone. "Problem?"

"I'm not going." I shook my head. "Sorry, Liv."

"What? Ellie no! You're hardly going to even see him." Olivia persuaded.

Truth be told, I couldn't care less if Aaron was coming or not. I just didn't want to go out. I was feeling pretty ill and I'd thrown up twice this morning for no apparent reason.

"Come on, Elle. It'll be fun." Tommy joined the conversation.

Ah, why did he have to be hot?!

"I dunno..." I frowned.

"Please." Olivia stuck out her bottom lip and gave me puppy eyes.

"Don't look at me with them eyes, Liv." I shook my head.

"Pretty please?" She continued to give me the eyes.

"This is blackmail!" I informed them, however one glance at Tommy's face which was filled with anticipation had already made my mind see sense. "Fine! I'll go!"

"Yay!" Olivia squealed.

"This party is gonna be shit now." The dipshit commented.

"Shit like the size of your dick, man." Tommy shoved Aaron to the side.

"We all know mines bigger than yours mate." Aaron joked.

"In your dreams." Olivia joined in.

"Can we please not start a conversation about the sizes of both your penises? God." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, sorry Elle." Olivia apologised. "Is Lindsy coming?"

"Nah, she's busy." Aaron shrugged.

"Sucking someone else off probably." Olivia whispered in my ear and I suppressed a laugh.

After a few moments passed, Olivia dragged me into her room and decided what dress I should wear. She settled on a black dress which was embroidered with gold sequins at the top and flowed elegantly down to me knees. She paired it with gold high heels and put some mascara on me. My hair trailed down in loose curls down the side of my neck. I hated to admit it but...I actually looked...good.

Although my scars were showing so I had to cover my arms with a thin, black cardigan. I couldn't help but notice that my stomach stuck out just a little. To anyone else I guess it was barely noticeable but these sort of things were easy for me to spot about myself.

"You've stopped, right, Elle?" Olivia asked with a pained expression on her face as I tugged on the cardigan. She was talking about my cuts.

"I'm getting there." I assured her.

"Forget about that bastard, George; you deserve better." She offered me a smile.

Did I though? Who could love someone as pathetic as me?

"I know." I replied, attempting to ignore the thoughts that threatened to seep into my mind.

I waited as Olivia got ready and then we went into the living room where Aaron and Tommy already were. Tommy was dressed in black ripped jeans and a slightly ripped Nirvana t-shirt whereas Aaron wore a navy blue jumper and black skinny jeans.

"You look beautiful." Tommy smiled and kissed Olivia on the cheek.

Aaron and I just stood awkwardly waiting for them to finish doing whatever coupley thing they were doing. However I did notice that Aaron had lost his smug smile which he always wore and replaced it with a normal, almost cute smile. He studied me for a moment and I felt slightly exposed.

"Do you mind?" I asked.

"No, I babysit." He replied.

"What?"

"It was a joke. Don't matter." He shook his head, an amused expression creeping onto his face.

"Your jokes are awful." I commented.

"Why thank you." He shot me grin.

"We good to go?" Tommy directed the question at no one in particular.

"Mhmm." I nodded.

We left the apartment and took the lift down to the ground floor. Since Tommy was the only one of us with a car, he offered to drive us all however backed out when he realised he would have to stay sober.

"Fuck that, I'll call a taxi." Tommy pulled his phone out.

Minutes zoomed by and we all got into the taxi and Olivia told the driver the address. The journey took about 10 minutes and we eventually pulled up to a rather big house.

"Adios bitchachos." Aaron leaped out of the taxi and went to mingle.

The 3 of us shuffled out of the taxi and watched it drive off. We approached the house which was playing I'm sexy and I know it by LMFAO. We were greeted by the typical party scene of bodies grinding against each other, people getting drunk and others getting high.

Come to think of it, I hadn't had a drink in ages and I could have really done with one. I followed Olivia and Tommy to the kitchen where a mountain of beer cans stood. I snatched one off the table and quickly opened it, downing most of it.

"You wanna go find the lads?" Tommy yelled over the music to Olivia.

"Nah, you go. I'll stay with Ellie." Olivia told him.

"You sure?" He questioned and Olivia nodded. He gave her a kiss on the cheek and went in search of his friends.

"Let's dance!" Olivia beamed.

"Let's not!" I replied with the same level of enthusiasm.

"Come on!" She grabbed my hand and practically dragged me to the dancedfloor...also known as some poor unfortunate soul's living room.

I downed the rest of my can of beer and threw it on a pile of empty beer cans as Olivia guided me the living room.

We began dancing the night away and I found myself actually having fun. Admittedly, a donkey with no legs could dance better than me but I really didn't give a fuck.

I kept reaching for more drinks whilst trying to avoid getting serenaded by a drunk imbecile. I wasn't drunk...yet. Since I was here, I intended on getting well and truly pissed. It helped me forget about all the shit in my life and believe me, there was a lot of shit in my life.

"Well, hello there pretty ladies." A boy stumbled towards Olivia and I.

"Uh, hey?" I studied the boy.

He was not hot. Greasy hair, sweat marks and he stank of weed. His teeth were yellow, his belly stuck out and I swear I saw a bit of popcorn in his hair. Ew.

"Which one of you ladies wants to bang me?" He was confident for an ape-like individual. "Bare in mind that you will get the pleasure of sucking my dick."

"Even if you had a shower, brushed your teeth and stayed away from the revolting stench of weed, you still wouldn't have a shot with me honey." Olivia dismissed him.

"Eh, what about you?" He turned to me.

"No." I bluntly told him.

"But I-" And then the bastard threw up. He was so lucky that I had a quick reaction time and managed to jump away from him puking his guts up. If a single drop of vomit got on me...let's just say that he'd be going to the hospital without his balls attached to him.

"Urgh." Olivia said in disgust as we stepped around him and walked off.

"FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!" We heard people chant from the next room. Olivia grabbed my hand and we ran towards the scene.

Two boys were participants and a rather heated and intense fight. Punch after excruciating punch was thrown and they both ended up rolling on the floor kicking and punching everywhere.

"That's Tommy!" Olivia bellowed and ran deep within the crowd.

Quickly, I followed after her and watched as she single handedly pulled Tommy off the massive guy he was fighting with. It seemed as though Tommy was winning anyway.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Olivia yelled at him. "You're bleeding you idiot!"

The crowd which had formed lost interest immediately and began doing their own thing.

"He started it!" He used the playground excuse.

"Really, Tommy?" She shook her head. "I'm taking you to the hospital."

"I'm fine." He brushed her off. "It's just a nose bleed." Although it was pretty evident that he was anything but fine.

"You don't know that! You could have a serious injury." She shouted.

As they argued, I watched the boy on the floor squirm in pain. He was bleeding slightly around the jaw but overall he looked alright.

"Tommy and I are going to A&E, Elle." Olivia walked past me. "Are you okay getting home? You have that key I gave you, right?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll be fine." I assured.

"Sorry." She apologised and I watched as she disappeared off into the crowd.

"Drink?" A random guy bumped into me with a red cup in his hand.

"Thanks." I smiled and took it off him drinking it all it one.

"Woah, easy there." He chuckled.

"Don't tell me what to do." I said.

"Yes ma'am." He saluted and took a sip out of his drink.

"I need more alcohol in me!" I whined.

"That, my friend, can be arranged." He grinned.

And so me and this complete stranger began taking shots until we could no longer think properly.

"Wanna find a room?" He whispered into my ear.

"Nah, I've got a room at home." I was unaware of what he was implying.

"No," He laughed. "This type of room."

He pressed his lips against mine-quite forcefully may I add- and slipped his tongue into my mouth.

"Nah-uh mister." I pushed him off my head dizzy and high on alcohol.

"Why not?" He threw himself on me and I harshly shoved him off me.

"No, get off you jerk!" I yelled and stumbled away, trying my best to walk without falling over.

My mind felt groggy and I began to feel light headed as well as sick. I fell down onto the sofa and my eyes flickered shut as the music around me still blasted through.

I must have fallen asleep because I was woken up my someone shaking my shoulders vigourously. The music had died down and there was hardly anyone in the room. Despite my long sleep, I was very much still drunk.

"What?!" I screamed at the blurry figure standing infront of me.

"Let's get you home, come on." The person sighed.

"What?" I rubbed my forehead as the stranger hauled me up off the sofa and wrapped an arm around me to steady myself and keep me standing up right. "Who are you?"

"It's Aaron." He replied.

"Oh I know someone called Aaron!" I realised.

"Mhmm?" He seemed un-interested.

"He's really hot." I explained.

"I bet he is." The stranger laughed. "Come on." He helped me as we walked out of the house.

"But he's a total twat." I continued.

"Bit harsh, don't you think?" He replied.

"No." I shrugged not caring.

"I'm sure he's a pretty cool guy."

"You don't even know him, you weirdo." I slurred. "If you did, you wouldn't say that."

A taxi pulled up beside us and the stranger opened the door and helped me in. He slid into the seat beside me and read the address out to the driver.

"Woah! How do you know where I live?!" My eyes widened. "Oh my God, are you...are you Superman?"

"Well, I have been called that many times by a lot of girls." He answered.

Holy shit, I was in a taxi with fucking Superman!

"Why didn't you just fly me home then?" I wondered.

"I wish I could but I don't want anyone to see me now, do I?" He explained.

"Oh yeah! Of course." I realised. "Gotta keep on the down low."

"Yeah." He nodded.

"Superman?" I asked softly.

"Yes?" He replied with an amused smile. What was so funny was beyond me.

"Do you know everything? Like God?" I questioned.

"Uh, yeah, sure." Superman said.

"Can I ask you a question?" My voice went quiet.

"I'm sure you will either way."

"Why am I such a fuck up?" I asked him. I needed answers and I guess only Superman knew the answers.

"A fuck up?" He raised an eyebrow.

"What did I do wrong?" I quizzed. "Why did George treat me like that?"

"I..." Even Superman didn't know. He was speechless.

"It's okay if you don't know." I shrugged. "I just want to know why people always hurt me, mainly George, when I've done nothing wrong. I want to know why the universe hates me."

"The universe doesn't hate you, it...it's just, uh, it's testing you. Yeah. Life's just a test and you're one of the strong ones." He explained.

"I don't get it."

"Things might seem bad right now, but they'll get better." Superman promised.

"Okay." I yawned suddenly feeling tired.

I rested my head against his shoulder and waited until we finally got home. He paid for the taxi and helped me out, then took me to my bedroom. Everything was quiet as he helped me into my bed and wrapped the duvet around me.

"My hero." I giggled.

"Uh...yeah." He seemed uncomfortable. "Goodnight, crazy girl."

Crazy girl?

"Goodnight, Superman." I smiled and my eyes fluttered shut.

Superman was actually quite a gentleman.

***

I hoped you all enjoyed the chapter! I wrote it once, hated it, then wrote it again and I'm still not that keen on it.

Anyone's opinion on Aaron change a little? I'd love to here your thoughts.

Vote, comment, be awesome...

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

105K 2.4K 95
'You can't have a testimony, without a test.' How much heartache can one person have before enough is enough? Layla has had the best and worst exper...
60.6K 1.2K 25
⚘᠂ an ivy league college, a new roommate and miles away from her strict, religious parents, what could happen? a long battle of hard work, d...
8.7K 326 8
We know how it went and how it ended, seen everything there was to see, and read every thought. To sum it all up, it's a story about an unlikely pai...
365 22 20
17 year old Lyra Tate has been through a lot this past year. Hearing her crush telling her she means nothing to him, surviving a three month coma, an...