Where You Belong (Eijirou Kir...

By outlander17

****COVER CREDITS GO TO @AnaCryMag****** (Under Editing) "Is this really the path you want to take, Margo?"... More

One Choice
First Impressions
Hesitation
Clumsy
Quirk Information
Mission
Who Are You
Too Good
Costume information
Understand
See Me
Distance Yourself
Have a Little Fun
Upholding Image
"K"
Can you?
Friends
Conflicted
Tenacity
Not One of Them.
It's a Date
Underlying Darkness
The Drop
Eijirou.
Sacrifice to Protect
No Way Out
Evil Villain
Bare
Study
Find Me
Crossroads
Sides
Clarity
Compatibility
Perspective
Damn Great
Red Circle
Support
Believe in Me
Takoyaki
Man in the Kitchen
Moonlit Endeavors
Closer
Situation
Converge
Out of Control
Starry Nights
Elevated Stress
Persuade Him
Trust
Flat Chest
Prove Yourself
Identity
Walk the Path
Meaningless
Wake Up
Acceptance
Thoughts at Dawn
Chance
Make It Yours
Remember
Unfamiliar Familiarity
Double-Sided Past
Smooth
Care
Unease
For Good
No More Barriers
Face Boy
Night.
Slipping Away
Contradicting Ideals
I'll Be Watching
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Cover Your Ears
Just Say It
Better Late Than Never
Beautiful Masterpiece
Naked
What Started It All Part One
What Started It All Part Two
Weakness
Unshackled Spirit
Unadulterated Bliss
Package Deal
Expect the Worst
Brace For It
Make Up For It
Preparation
Master Plan
The Promise
Shitty Romantic Comedies
Be Fine
Secret Obsession
Behind Closed Doors
Don't Leave Me
Don't Give Up
Live Like One, Die Like One
This Is It
The Future Through His Eyes
Double Agent
Aftermath
Wrong Direction
Familiar Faces
Like A True Hero
The Letter
By My Side
THE END
After Story: The Day She Wore The Pin
After Story: Until We Meet Again

Barriers

2.5K 131 92
By outlander17

"What an amazing night!" I called out, as Eijirou and I walked down the UA campus, slowly making our way back to the dorms.

"Yeah, that was a lot of fun! Plus, I guess you're basically a pro dancer now, huh?" He grinned, grabbing my hand and giving me a twirl.

"Pretty much. Why? Want to take a lesson?" I teased, knowing full well that Eijirou was the one who taught me to dance in the first place.

A breeze of cold, fall air rang throughout the night, causing me to involuntarily shiver.

"If the instructor is you, then hell yeah I do." He replied, quickly shrugging off his jacket and draping it around my shoulders.

Damn, how did he even notice me shiver?! This guy sees everything.

"Thanks." I smiled softly, snuggling further into Eijirou's jacket.

I reveled in its warmth and smell, loving the way it fit around me.

Eijirou smiled warmly at me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, as we walked down the empty campus street.

It was around midnight now—well, almost. Midnight was the curfew Aizawa gave us.

"Man, I don't want this night to end." Eijirou whispered, looking up at the starry night sky.

I nodded in remembrance, hearing the dread in Eijirou's voice.

I'm sure Eijirou didn't want this night to end for a lot of reasons. One of them being the provisional license exam tomorrow.

"That's right. The exam is tomorrow. You shouldn't worry. You'll do great." I encouraged, kicking a pebble down the sidewalk.

I felt Eijirou shrug in response, as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Hopefully. The thing is, the stakes are a little higher now. Aizawa told me tonight at the dance, that if I pass the license exam, I might be able to get a work study with a hero agency." He said blankly.

Hmm, that's a major accomplishment. Yet, he didn't sound that excited about it.

"Eijirou, that's amazing. The fact that you'd qualify for a work study your first year like that. You should be proud of yourself." I reassured, wanting him to be more excited about this amazing opportunity.

He pursed his lips, lost in thought. He still wasn't sharing my excitement for him.

"I don't know. I mean, my quirk isn't anything spectacular, Margo. I know that. I'm sure Mr. Aizawa just put in a good word for me, and that's why I have a shot." He mumbled, looking down at the ground now.

My face contorted into disbelief at his words, wondering how he could even say something like that.

"Are you kidding me?! Your quirk is so powerful—" I started saying, before Eijirou cut me off.

"—my quirk isn't flashy, at all. Plus, I'm already falling behind the others in school." He replied, slightly slumping his shoulders now.

I looked at him in silent realization.

He was slumping his shoulders in the same exact way he did in Mina's middle school picture.

This must be the part of himself he's been trying to change.

He's insecure.

Even though he has no reason to be!

Man, I wish Eijirou could see himself, the way I see him. How cool he is. How amazing he is.

"Okay, since when did a quirk have to be flashy and showy, in order to be powerful!? Some of the most powerful quirks are the ones people can't even see!" I exclaimed, starting to feel passionate about this topic now.

I noticed his silence at my words, encouraging me to continue.

"Kirishima, your quirk is powerful. It's powerful enough to completely cancel out my quirk. Nothing can hurt you when you harden your body. Nothing. Not Bakugou's flashy explosions, or Todoroki's showy ice." I started off, smiling softly at my own words.

Eijirou remained quiet, looking at the ground.

I could tell he was taking in my words.

"Do you understand how amazing it is, that almost nothing in the entire world can break you, in that moment?" I chuckled softly in amazement, before remembering something else.

"Remember when we first met, awhile back? We were talking about your quirk—and it was so long ago. You probably don't remember what I said to you that day, but—" I started off, before Eijirou interrupted me.

"—Unbreakable. You said......I was...unbreakable." Eijirou whispered softly.

I smiled affirmatively, surprised that he remembered my words from back then.

"Because you are." I breathed out softly, stopping our walk to face him now.

Eijirou stopped too, keeping his blank gaze to the ground.

I grabbed his hands in mine, studying his face.

"You are unbreakable, Eijirou. But, not just in body. No. You're unbreakable in mind, and spirit, with or without a quirk. Even though I see how powerful you are, I can't make you see it. The same way you can't make me forget my own past." I stated quietly, bringing my fingertips up to his cheek.

I softly caressed his milky skin, before trailing my finger under his chin.

"Remember what you told me? Accept. Accept yourself. Accept what you can do, and what's out of your control. Keep working hard, and believe in yourself." I whispered, before gently lifting his chin up so he would look at me.

Eijirou slowly lifted his gaze, his crimson eyes meeting my eyes, in need of guidance.

"I believe in you. I believe in you with all my heart." I uttered out, not being able to stop myself from throwing my arms around his neck.

I hugged him tightly, burying my face in his chest, just wanting him to be happy.

Eijirou hugged me back after a few seconds, gently placing his hand on my head.

I felt his steady heartbeat, as he let out a shaky breath.

We were quiet for a moment, enjoying each other's presence, before Eijirou finally spoke.

He pulled away from our hug slightly, so he could look at me.

"Thank you. I really needed that." He whispered warmly, gently holding both sides of my face.

I grabbed his hands, loving the way they felt against my skin.

"I'm here for you." I smiled.

Always.

My smile must have been contagious, as Eijirou matched it immediately, leaning in to kiss me.

The moment his soft lips connected with mine, I fell into pure bliss.

I grabbed his shoulders, closing my eyes, as our lips moved together perfectly.

Eijirou pulled me closer to him, clearly savoring this kiss.

I relaxed upon feeling his hot breath fan into my mouth, not feeling so cold anymore from the night air.

I completely had my guard down right now, once again not caring if anyone saw us.

Eijirou wrapped his arms around me tighter......suddenly pulling away from our kiss slightly.

I furrowed my brows in confusion, about to open my eyes.

"What's wrong—" I started saying, before I heard Eijirou inhale sharply.

The next thing I knew, I felt Eijirou body slam me to the cold, hard pavement.

He quickly landed on top of me, activating his quirk.

Before I could register what was happening, I heard a gunshot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 6K 107
"I wasn't born to love or be loved, or become a hero, or live a normal life. Nor was I born to protect him, but out of everything, that's what I plan...
687K 43.2K 172
COVER ART MADE BY WINNER OF MY FALL 2023 ART CONTEST: @thatanimegirl1000 "I'm not scared to die. I'm scared to live." ~The past never forgets. If an...
41.8K 972 12
You, a girl who is socially awkward, undeniably introverted and a bit shy. Meets a guy who's explosive, aggressive personality and straightforwardnes...
13.2K 137 49
Y/n is a 22 years old and really introvert girl that goes to university. Her and her boyfriend Keigo, the number two hero Hawks, are in a really toxi...