Cherry Chapstick

By yumnaxxariff

Everything was tasteless..bland. People in this universe never tasted anything until they found their soulmat... More

A u t h o r s N o t e :
P r o l o g u e :
O n e :
T w o :
T h r e e :
F o u r :
S i x :
S e v e n :
E i g h t :
N i n e :
T e n :
E l e v e n :
T w e l v e :
T h i r t e e n :
F o u r t e e n :
F i f t e e n
S i x t e e n :
S e v e n t e e n :
E i g h t e e n :
N i n e t e e n :
T w e n t y :
T w e n t y O n e :
T w e n t y T w o :
T w e n t y T h r e e :
T w e n t y F o u r :
T w e n t y F i v e :
T w e n t y S i x :
T w e n t y S e v e n :
T w e n t y e i g h t :
T w e n t y N i n e :
T h i r t y :
T h i r t y O n e :
T h i r t y T w o :
T h i r t y T h r e e :
T h i r t y f o u r :
T h i r t y F i v e :
T h i r t y S i x :
T h i r t y S e v e n :
T h i r t y E i g h t :
E p i l o g u e
B o n u s C h a p t e r :
NEW BOOK!

F i v e :

28.3K 1K 465
By yumnaxxariff

Xena

Friday went by really fast and before I knew it, I was walking to my car.

"Xena!" Someone calls out to me.

"Not him again..." I groan and turn to him plastering on a fake smile.

"What was that?" Owen leans closer with his hand on his ear trying to hear what I was saying.

"Oh, nothing..." I reply.

"Did you tell him?" He leans back and crosses his toned arms over his chest.

"No..." I state.

"Xena, you need to—" He begins talking.

"Yes! I will. Just give me some time" I cut him off.

"I'll give you by the end of next week"

"Deal." I nod.

He waves and walks off and I turn to my car once again getting inside it.

As soon as I was about to start the car, my phone starts ringing. I picked up my phone to see my dad calling me.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Honey. I just wanted to tell you that you don't need to cook dinner today because we're going out" my dad states over the phone.

"Okay... but why all of a sudden?" I ask.

"I'll explain everything else when I get home. Just be ready by 7" my dad says.

"Oh! And wear something nice but casual. Nothing too fancy" he continues.

"Okay. Bye" I say before ending the call and starting the car and heading out of the parking lot.

Once I'm on the road, I start the journey home.

I reach my house and I open the door and walk in. I drop my bag near the door and run upstairs.

I need to find something to wear. I don't want to be fancy but it needs to look good as well.

Maybe a dress?

I dig through my closet and I find a spaghetti strap navy blue dress with white polka dots (at the top ^)

I look at the clock hanging on the wall and I saw that it was only 5.

So I decide to head downstairs and get myself a snack.

I walk into the kitchen and open the pantry. The first thing I see is cereals.

I guess I'm having that.

I sometimes eat cereals at midnight...I'm sure other people do that too.

I take my bowl of cereal into the living room and sit down on the plush grey sofas.

I turn on Netflix and continue to watch Teen Wolf. I've watched that show 3 times and I don't mind watching it again. The show gives me soo many emotions, I sometimes need to take breaks from the show because my emotions are scattered too much.

Once I was done with my bowl of cereal I placed it in the sink in the kitchen.

I walk back to the living room to see that it was 5:30.

I have till 7. I'll watch a few more shows.

I get comfy on the sofa and cuddle with the white throw blanket over me.

Before I knew it it was already 6. I hurriedly shut the tv and ran back upstairs to my room, my feet thudding against the wooden floor.

I went for a shower and about 20 minutes later I was walking out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my head.

I sit in front of my dresser and start to blow dry my hair as well as comb it, I didn't want to straighten nor curl my hair because my hair was already pretty straight.

Once my hair was dried, I wore my dress that was laying on my bed.

I put on a bit of my chapstick as well as mascara. I look at the time and it was only 6:30.

I had another half an hour to spend. I decided to sit on my bed and scroll through my instagram.

While I was scrolling I saw my dad walk into my room.

I put my phone done and stand up.

"Where are we going for dinner?" I ask him.

"Well. Hello to you too, Xena" my dad chuckles and kissed my forehead.

"And to answer your question, we're having dinner with Matthew. And you're coming because he hasn't seen you in a long time" my dad states

"Matthew? As in the Matthew that's my soulmates father?" I ask him

My dad just nods his head with a smile and tells me to come downstairs in 10 minutes so we could leave.

After about 10 minutes I walk downstairs and I already saw my dad waiting for me near the door.

"Let's go honey, we're going to be late" my dad hurries and walks out the door with me following behind him.

We get into his sleek black car and he starts his car before he backs out of the long driveway.

After about 20 minutes later we reached a restaurant and my dad parks the car and looks at me with a small smile on his face.

We both get out and walk to the glass door of the restaurant. As we open the door I spot a table that Matthew was sitting on.

But I instantly freeze. Sitting right beside Matthew was none other that, Archer Howell.

God. Why.

"Dad" I whisper and tug at his hand.

"You never told me that Archer was going to be here" I grit out quietly.

"Well...if I told you, would you have really come?" My dad asks me smugly.

No...but that's not the point!

My dad looks at me pointedly. "Exactly" he states before he holds onto my hand and drags me to the table.

My dad sits in front of Matthew while I had not other choice than to sit opposite to the Greek God himself.

As soon as I sit down I was hit with the most delicious smell ever.

Archer smelt like Pine and Mint, it felt like I was going it faint.

Sweet baby Jesus...

"Hey Xena" Archer smiles an unknown glint in his eyes.

"Hey" I nod at him before greeting his father.

"Xena, it's been a really long time since I saw you. I think the last time I saw you, you were only 8" Archers dad says.

No wonder I don't remember him.

I turn to my dad but I already saw him staring at Archer but Archer must have not realised because he was on his phone.

"I don't know if you remember Archer" Matthew continues.

Oh believe me...I would never forget him.

"I know him, he's in some of my classes" I say and look at Archer for a second, who was already looking at me.

We all talked about different things...well it was mostly my dad and Archer's dad talking and Archer and I were minding our own business, sometimes answering questions that were directed towards us.

We all had placed our orders before I decided to go to the washroom.

"I'll be right back" I excuse myself before heading for the bathroom in the restaurant in another hallway.

I walking into the bathroom and did my business before washing my hands and walking out of the restroom.

As soon as I open the door I bumped into someone else.

"Sorry" I mumble without looking at who I bumped into.

I begin to sidestep them and walk out of the hallway but they held onto my wrist.

"Hey, let go of my—" I frown but I immediately stop when I see Archer standing in front of me.

"Xena" Archer starts and steps closer, still having a light grip onto my wrist.

"Hmm" I hum back since I couldn't find the word to say anything.

He steps closer until we were a few inches apart and he stares down at my lips, his manly scent wrapping around my body, I couldn't really say anything. It felt like I was trapped in a trance.

I look at his light green eyes intently waiting for his next move.

He looks back up at my eyes and I almost stopped breathing. His eyes held so much emotion yet it was so hard to read.

He finally yet slowly leans in and his warm lips meet mine, it was soft and gentle, not like the kiss we had last time. I personally thought that this kiss had meaning behind it, but I'm probably overthinking it.

I lean back to catch my breath. It was like my lungs were on fire, I could still feel the warmth of his lips on mine.

" I should probably head back" I look down at the ground, I could practically feel the heat radiating off my cheek.

I could still feel his strong gaze on me but I ignored it and made my way back and sat down on the chair.

I have a feeling dinner is going to be long and very awkward.
— — —
Don't forget to VOTE by clicking the star on the bottom left corner ⭐️
Sorry for the late update, school has been a pain in the butt.
Love you guys 💗
Edit: 1k reads alreadyy?!! Thank you guys so muchhh♥️
-Yumna

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

402K 18.6K 22
"I'd always liked my life. It was quiet, under control, and routine. Then he came along and showed me how much more there was, how much more I was." ...
1.1K 207 33
Faith Harper will do whatever it takes to be with her soulmate...and it all started with one unforgettable night. A night where her best friend prof...
17.7K 972 55
It's nothing like you imagine. Please give it a chance. โœทโœทโœทโœท She smacked my head. I smacked her head. She stuck out her tongue. I stuck out my tongue...
352K 8.1K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...