Verde (quirkless Deku AU)

De Mysterious101360

What if Izuku told All might no? What if instead he went off to take lots of martial arts classes and trained... Mais

A Step Towards One's Journey
We're in This Together!
The World's Gonna Know Your Name!!!
Gonna be a hero!
Chasing The Wind
It's Showtime!
Surprising Them All
Need For Complications
Sneaky Tactics
Nothing Can Stop Me Tonight
Can't get much worse.
It Gets Worse
Team Verde Emerges?
Declaration of War? Sure, why not.
fixed chapter: Expose Flaming Trash? Mission Accepted.
you're not alone anymore
Mother Knows a Bad Liar
heads up from author
The Turning Point
The Best of The Best
Author's note

Out with the Old, in with the New

4.3K 194 281
De Mysterious101360

So we are about to have another major time skip. As much as I'd love to write more into Verde annoying the hell out of our two Pro Heroes before UA happens, we got to get to the entrance exam at one point. So expect next chapter to be the entrance exam. Honestly, I just don't want too many chapters before we even get into the school because I know that can be frustrating and annoying to some readers out there. Anyways, I also hope I'm not speeding things up a bit. If I am, I blame my partial writers block. I just sometimes can't figure out how to get from point A to point B so I might make thinks get rather fast, like I sort of did last chapter. Also, I know I made a lot of grammatical errors in previous chapters and I am trying to fix that now for this and the next chapters to come. I will also  fix past chapters soon. Because of fixing chapters the next chapter might take longer to come out.I might go back and fix the grammar of previous chapters as well. To be honest the song above was actually my inspiration for the majority of the chapter. With that said, here's the next chapter!

Izuku smiled triumphantly as he and Ojiro gazed upon the now cleaned beach. It had taken them around 6 months to clean, but it was worth it. Through the months, they noticed that they started to get more trash off the beach within a month throughout their progress. No doubt proof of growth in their stamina, strength, and endurance. (176/220/280/320/360/404. The values of how much was cleaned each month.) They also seemed to grow in confidence and courage throughout their training with one another. Ojiro was more open than he was before, and was finally making some new friends at school. Izuku was starting to stand up to his bullies, much to Bakugo's displeasure. (But fuck that Explosive Pomeranian, because no one cares how he feels!) Although, now that the beach was cleaned, what exactly were they to do to keep up their physical strength training? Sure, they could go to a gym to lift weights, but honestly, they didn't want to be around sweaty adults. Then again, Izuku and Ojiro could just buy some weights and general work out equipment to use. At this point, they didn't know for sure what they would do.

"Wow. You got it cleaned within six months... impressive."

Izuku and Ojiro turned to see Yagi standing at the bottom of the stairs. 

"Oh, hey, Mr. Yagi!" Izuku yelled as he ran over to him, Ojiro following from behind.

"Midoriya, my boy, you're surely on your way to become a fine hero! Between getting this beach cleaned up and teaching your friend how to improve on his analytical skills, you have definitely proven your worth. And that's not even including trying to save your classmate from the sludge villain."

"Ha, thanks Mr. Yagi." Izuku beamed.

"Hey, Mr. Yagi. Zuku, we should go help Mrs. Naoko with her bake sale! It starts in an hour!"

Izuku looked alarmed as he frantically replied," Oh crap, I completely forgot about that! Is it really already 1pm? Sorry Mr. Yagi but we've got to go. See you later."

Both boys picked up their gym bags and ran off towards Izuku's apartment building, where not only he lives but also the sweet old lady a few doors down named Kaiya Naoko. Naoko would have bake sales outside the apartment buildings every Saturday. As of three weeks ago, the boys have been helping her set up. Naoko was a small, thin, old lady who had the ability to rewind time on an object or person from a second to a day.  This was great for undoing a broken window or a broken arm in case one of the kids nearby did something stupid. She could rewind up to 100 times before she reaches her limit. Drawbacks were headaches and a slight change in temper. She could get very moody if she went over 100 rewinds. Which would explain why no one dared to mess with her in the afternoons seeing she usually reached her limit by then. Between all the things that get broken at the apartments and her job as a nurse at the hospital, reaching her limit was rather easy.

The boys eventually reached Naoko's apartment and knocked on her door. She immediately opened the door and said, "Ah, Midoriya and Ojiro. Here to help me again? How sweet. I wish the rest of the youth had your kindness and willingness to help others."

"Hey Mrs. Naoko." the boys responded.

"Well, the tables are by the couch. I'm going to go get the cookies."

The boys went over to get the two tables and a chair then left the apartment to go set up the sale out front. Naoko came out a few minutes later with two baskets overfilled with cookies. She had many types of cookies, from chocolate to peppermint to even turtle cookies. All of the money earned from selling cookies today would go towards helping get presents for the children in orphanages. As of now, she has earned enough to cover about 54% of the orphans in the general area. (About 6,000 orphans.) She started the sales a few months ago and believes she can get to  where she needs to be within 2 to 3 months.

"Thanks for the help boys."

"No problem ma'am." Ojiro responded with a smile.

"Yeah, we're just trying to help wherever needed." Izuku said with the biggest smile on his face that somewhat resembles the sun shining bright.

"Too bright." Ojiro joked as he dramatically covered his eyes.

"Very funny. Anyways, bye Mrs. Naoko."

The boys left, going separate ways due to having things to do. Ojiro had to by some new shoes seeing his were falling apart. Izuku was just going to walk the long way to the Cafe. Who knows, maybe he'll run into someone from school. He wasn't really scared of the bullies anymore and was actually wanting to put a certain someone in their place. About ten minutes later, the little Greenette's wish was granted. Izuku had just passed a convenience store when Bakugo and his lackeys walked out of a store up ahead.

"Oi, Deku!"

'Oh god, it's his highness. Wonder how he'd react if I didn't cower before his might?' Izuku sighed as if the very notion of Bakugo's presence was rather annoying and belittling to him.

"You looking down on me-"

"On the contrary Bakugo. It's more along the lines of not caring. You're an explosive temperamental teen who is in for a major ego check and I am just trying to live without being affecting by your uppermost need to prove you are better than a nerdy quirkless boy whom you apparently seem to see as a challenge,  for whatever bizarre reason. I'm just trying to live, so would you please be so kind and stop being so petty? Thanks." Izuku responded with a slight cocky tone and annoyance clearly on his face.

"Deku you little-"

"Ah ah, Bakugo. Using your quirk on others, especially in public, can land you in jail. That means no UA. You wouldn't want to ruin your chances of becoming a hero all because of quirk discrimination and illegal quirk usage, now would you?"

"Ugh, you damn nerd! You better watch your back!"

"Oh, I will. And don't think for a moment I won't report you if you ever attack me again. After all, heroes don't attack civilians. I'm done with being your punching bag. I'm not your Deku so stop acting like you have to beat me up to 'protect' me! Deku is gone. Deku is dead, and he isn't coming back! No more of the poor defenseless nerd you seem to take pleasure in beating up. I'm Izuku and I am not afraid to fight back. I will apply to UA, and you can't stop me! As far as I am concerned, we were are nothing and you are just another stranger in my eyes. All of you are! Goodbye and good riddance! " 

Izuku watched with a smile as Bakugo and his lackeys marched off. Man did it feel good to tell him what's what. Izuku moved onward with a pep in his step. He had finally done it! He had stood up to Bakugo. And he didn't call him Kacchan! Yeah, Bakugo was probably going to find a way to get back at him, but whatever he did would have to be small enough to not affect his chance of getting into UA.

"Hey."

Huh? Was someone talking to him? Izuku stopped and looked around.

"Yeah, you. Over here."

Izuku looked over to see a purple-headed boy who had the appearance of being done with everything. To be honest, he kind of looked like a purple version of Eraserhead. Not that Izuku would say that out loud. Izuku walked over to the mini Eraserhead who was leaning against the wall of a store.

"Um, hi?"

"I heard what you said to that loud blond. It's not every day you see a quirkless stand up to their tormentors."

"Oh, um, thanks?"

"People like him with flashy quirks always seem to get things that us weak or villainous quirked, as well as quirkless folks can never get. It's such a shame. Nice to see someone putting them in their place."

"Quirks can't be good or evil as well as weak or strong. A quirk's strength and morality are only that of its owner. For example, A quirk that attracts small objects might sound weak and heroic, but it can be used for bad as well. Human bones and organs could easily be pulled out of a body with such a quirk making it strong and evil. Someone could also effectively diffuse a bomb from afar or help clean up the rubble from a disaster. No matter the quirk it can't be only one thing."

"How about brainwashing?"

"It could be used to stop suicide attempts, hostage situations, panic attacks, a panicked crowd, defeating a group of thugs, and more! Add in a voice changer and you could easily mimic one of their voices to trick the others. It could easily be a heroic quirk. A strong one at that."

"That's... that's the first time someone hasn't implied I can only be a villain with my quirk."

"Well, don't listen to them! If you want to be a hero than go apply to a hero school."

"What if I fail the entrance exam to UA?"

"Also apply for Gen ED. Students who do well in the sports festival can move up to the Heroics class and replace those who are not doing well in the classes."

"Interesting. Thanks for the feedback."

"Well, I would recommend training your physical form as well to get a better score on the test."

"Will do. See you around..."

"Midoriya. Izuku Midoriya."

"Right, see you Midoriya. "

"Yeah see you.. uh.."

"Shinso."

"Yeah, see you Shinso."

Well, that was weird. Izuku couldn't quite wrap his head around the boy he just met. Shinso seemed to be don with life if his tone was anything to go by. And the way he seemed reluctant to say more than was needed showed just how little he actually socialized. Did he have any friends or was everyone avoiding him for his quirk? Izuku hoped he got into UA. He seemed like a good person and Izuku genuinely believed he deserved to be in heroics. Now that Izuku thought about it, he has seen Shinso at the Cafe a few times among the other customers. Huh. Guess Shinso was a cat person.

~~~~~~~~The Next Day~~~~~~~~

Izuku and Ojiro decided to up their training a bit. Now the beach was clean they would add more time to training one another. They would practice martial arts for three hours and then analyzing for another three. Which was rather easy seeing they had nothing better to do on Saturdays and Sundays. Well, Ojiro had to practice Karate on the weekends, but he managed to convince his mom to let him take his classes right before his evening classes so he could train with Izuku. Seeing he was almost as good as his mother, she happily allowed him to be in a separate class from the others. His classes were also shortened to an hour. He didn't need to do much seeing he was already a 4th-degree black belt in karate.

Anyways, as they neared the beach they noticed a purple-haired teen running (terribly by the way) along the coastline. Izuku immediately recognized him as the dead inside teenager he met yesterday. You know, Shinso. So like any other normal person who sees an acquaintance, he decided to shout.

"Hey, Shinso!"

The teen in question stumbled and looked behind him to see the two teens standing at the stairs. After a minute of staring did he recognized the bush haired teen he met yesterday. He quickly made his way over.

"Midoriya? What are you doing here?"

"I train here every day."

"Huh. Do you know who cleaned up this place? It used to be a dump."

"Oh, that was us." Izuku replied nonchalantly.

"You, you guys, cleaned this whole place up?" Shinso deadpanned.

"Yeah, it took us six months but it was worth it!"

"Did you guys even sleep?"

"Well yeah... we just spent every free hour we had out here cleaning. Since we both lack a social life, it was rather easy to find time to clean."

" Wow."

"Hey Shinso, have you thought of training in fighting skills yet?"

"Not really. I don't think I can afford classes right now..."

"We could teach you-"

"Ahem, I could. You are still learning Zuku!" Ojiro responded, cutting Izuku off.

"Shhh, Mashi! I'm trying to help out a fellow Hero-aspiring teen!"

Ojiro rolled his eyes and ignored Izuku. "I'm a 3rd- degree black belt in multiple martial arts. I could help you out."

"I could help with his analytical skills!"

"Not everyone needs your creepy ability to figure out people by just looking at them!"

"It isn't creepy! It's a great skill to have. To be able to pick apart a quirk and figure out weaknesses by simply observing it being used. I love it."

"Huh. You like to study people?" Shinso questioned.

Ojiro quickly grabbed a notebook from Izuku's bag and tossed it to Shinso.

"H-hey!"

"Shhh, let him read it Zuku."

Izuku pouted seeing he wasn't going to get it back. Shinso flipped through it looking mildly impressed.

"This says #13. Do you really have 13 books?" Shiso asked as he glanced up from the notebook at Izuku.

"Yeah... I kind of had nothing better to due growing up so I walked around analyzing hero fights instead."

"You have an analysis of Eraserhead? How many heroes have you analyzed?"

"Too many." Ojiro said as he nudged Izuku.

"Shut up Mashi. And yeah... I have a lot of Heroes have analyzed... wait, you know of Eraserhead?"

"Yeah, I mean, he is one of the best Underground Heroes out there. And, he occasionally patrols in the area I live in. Though nowadays it's more like once every three weeks."

"Probably due to the Vigilante out here. It seems as if the Pros might be out to catch Verde."

"Who?" Shinso asked with complete confusion.

"Verde, a vigilante in the area. He's kind of cool." Ojiro replied with excitement.

"Pfft, you just think that because he saved you once." Izuku laughed.

"Yeah, well you were saved by All Might once and now you admire him even more so shhh. Anyways, you should look him up, he is rather cool."

With that, they continued talking about Verde and training schedules so they could help Shinso out. Then they started to train. Although, eventually it reached 5pm and they had to go home. Shinso didn't have to be home till 11pm so he picked up his backpack and decided to walk around for a bit. Shinso didn't have any particular route to walk so he walked around aimlessly for a while, just thinking about his day. He liked to walk around the streets since it helped clear his mind. Although, he hasn't been in this area. Huh, maybe he will run into that "Verde" character Ojiro kept going on about. Though that might take a few hours to happen. Maybe he could get some errands done to pass the time? Shinso decided to do just that. He had to pick up some books to study for an upcoming test after all, as well as buy some coffee. Then there was getting a new uniform since his current one was destroyed by his classmates. Nonetheless, he had plenty to do to pass the time.

And time flew by rather fast as he completed his errands. By the time he walked out with his new uniform, it was already 9:45. Did it really take him that long to get everything done? Then again, it was probably due to the multiple coffee stops he made. He was also surprised that he could find his uniform in a store out here. That aside, the vigilante should be out and about now. 'Wait, why am I trying to run into him anyway?' Shinso shook his head with a sigh and stuffed his uniform into his purple backpack. Maybe it was the thought that where Verde was, Eraserhead was sure to follow. Yeah, that had to be it. Without paying much attention due to being lost in thought about Verde and Eraserhead, Shinso walked right past an alleyway only to be dragged in by some thug and held at knifepoint. 

"Give me all your money kid."

Shinso sighed and replied in the uttermost deadpanned voice, "I don't have any."

As one can imagine, the buff thug didn't take that too well.

"Don't sass me you little-"

And he got cut off by a blur of green practically tackling him from above. The blur had swung a staff down as it fell unto the thug, knocking him out. The green guy got up and Shinso realized this "green dude" must be Verde. 'Well, that was easier than expected.' Shinso thought to himself.

"Hey, are you alright? You should be careful when walking out here at night. The crime rate has gone up lately and it isn't safe. Best to be aware of your surroundings, alright?"

Okay, wow. That voice totally sounded like a Batman voice. Who was this guy? Was he a kid? Or an adult? Either way, he was rather short. Oh wait, the vigilante asked him if he was alright. 

"Uh, sure. I'm fine." Shinso deadpanned.

'God, I sounded like I wanted to die. I Hope he doesn't think I am suicidal and try to 'save' me or anything.'

"Well, be safe. I'd love to walk you home to make sure you stay safe, but Eraser is on my tail and I've gotta jet so see yah!"

And just like that, Verde was gone. And as soon as he ran Eraserhead showed up. He sighed in annoyance as he realized he just missed the vigilante. Meanwhile, Shino was trying to calm his thoughts because that was the vigilante Verde and now that he thought about it, he might to stay here a bit to help with a report seeing he was the victim.

"Hey, kid. What happened here?"

"I was walking when I was grabbed. Next thing I know some green guy comes falling from the sky and saves me. Was he a vigilante or something?" Shinso replied with the most dead inside voice ever.

"Yes, he was. Did you see where he went?"

"No. I was still processing what happened when he left."

A quiet 'dammit' was heard before the Pro told him to stay and then he called someone. Perhaps someone from the police department. Shinso didn't really mind. After all, he didn't really have anything better to do really.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shinso takes back what he said earlier. He does mind. It was midnight and he was stuck at the police department. They wanted to question him about the thug and Verde. Apparently, that takes more than an hour to do. He didn't even know that they could ask so many questions pertaining to something that only lasted a few minutes. They wanted to know his height, hair color, gender- it was obviously male-, eye color, quirk, etc. He told them about Verde's rather short stature and how he was either a kid or a midget. It's safe to say they went with a possible midget. well, that was till Eraserhead objected with the notion he knew it was a kid based on previous encounters. he then told them he was male with the most deadpan voice he could. They then asked him why he was out late; then they called his parents. hen they asked more questions. All in all, Shinso was so done and just wanted to go home. As Shinso sat with complete boredom in his seat, he tried to think of how much longer he would be here. He also tried to ignore the Hero that was across the room. Yeah, 'cause that wasn't awkward at all. Nope. Just him and Eraserhead alone in a room.

After a few minutes of waiting, a man in a trench coat finally walked in.

"Eraserhead, Young Shinso. Sorry for the wait. I was held back by a few incidents that were rather troublesome. Anyways, Hello Shinso, I am Detective Tsukauchi and I am here to question you about Verde. I know you have been here for a while, but it is essential we get Verde off the streets- especially if he is a child around your age! He shouldn't be putting himself at risk like that!"

So Verde was a teenager like him! Shinso found himself feeling almost relieved that by being a teen and not a midget, there were many more people who could be him. But why did he feel this way? Did he really care if the vigilante got caught? Yeah, he did save him, but he was a complete stranger to Shinso! 'Is this how Ojiro felt when he was first saved by Verde? I know he is a supporter of Verde.' Shinso sighed for the thousandth time.

"Okay." Shinso deadpanned at the detective, already accepting the fact he wasn't going to get much sleep.

The detective sat down next to Eraserhead, which was across the table from Shinso, and asked," Anything particular you noticed? Perhaps a quirk, age, or certain personality trait?"

Shinso leaned back and crossed his arms, replying with his classic deadpan voice, "Well, he seemed to care if I was okay after he saved me. He even offered to walk me home, but said he couldn't due to running away from a hero."

"So he's definitely a bleeding heart person. Most have a sense of heroics that he can't control."

Eraserhead muttered, "Cause All Might wasn't enough."

"He sounded as if he wanted to appear older."

"Could you elaborate?"

"He was speaking as a young adult would, but his size and body language contradicted that."

"Hm, you're the first civilian to notice that. Was he wearing anything that might lead to his identity?"

"Not really. He wore basic clothing that anyone could own. Even his bo-staff was basic enough. Half the people in my school own the stuff he wears and uses."

"Dammit. So he's smart enough to not trip up. Did he use a quirk?"

"No. I mean, he did fall from the sky, but I assume that's because he jumped from the roof."

"Still no quirk usage. Maybe it's an IQ or analysis quirk?"

Shinso shrugged, showing clear doubt about that. "It could also be night vision or speed. Maybe even invisibility seeing he manages to escape you guys all the time." 

"So basically after spending hours here, we're still at square one." Eraserhead deadpanned.

"Sorry I couldn't help. Can I go home now?" Shinso said with little emotion.

"Seeing you have no info that can really help, then yes. Get one of the officers to drive you home."

Shinso let out a weak "Finally" and left the room.

Detective Tsukauchi watched Shinso leave then turned his attention to Eraserhead. " Seeing Verde is most likely a teen, we might have to consider incoming and current UA students as possible suspects. Seeing Verde likes to get on your nerves with his antics, maybe one of his antics is the fact he is a current or incoming student where you work."

"I hope not. I already have to deal with the problem child enough as it is. Having him at UA sounds like a nightmare. Maybe he's one of those kids who grew up being told they can't be a hero? That seems to be the calling card of a lot of vigilantes."

"Nonetheless, keep your eyes peeled for any possible suspects. Anyone could be Verde. Hell, it could be some kid from America with a teleporting quirk for all we know!"

Eraserhead sighed deeply, knowing that the idea of a teleportation quirk made the suspect list even longer.

"Well, I've got to go. I've got to get some sleep before work later. Call me if you get any leads."

"Will do."

Eraserhead walked out of the room with his hands in his pockets, already craving what little sleep he would be getting.

Okay, so next the chapter will be longer since it is the exams! Also, would you guys want Shinso to get One For All? Cause it is either him, Ojiro, or Miro. Though I don't really want to give Miro it. Anyways, I'll try to get the next chapter out within a week or two. I'm sick, AGAIN, so please be patient with me. 

Edit: so i fixed the dialogue a little to make it easier, but left the conversation between izuku and shinso alone mainly since it seemed okay the way it is.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

273K 10.5K 13
Izuku quit dreaming of becoming a pro hero after three times of being denied. He decided to screw it, and just be normal. He has part time jobs, he r...
1.1M 37.1K 57
What happens when Aizawa realizes that one of his first year hero students was hiding his true potential? What will happen when he finds out that his...
27.1K 878 37
Hi, I'm new at this! The image above is drawn by moi. However Boku no hero academia BNHA belong to Kōhei Horikoshi. This is my first time writing a f...
1.1M 32.2K 72
Join us as we explore the story of what if Izuku Midoriya was expelled on the day of the quirk apprehension test that Eraserhead conducted on the fir...