The Bright Side (Male sunflo...

By Thescout234

"Life won't always go your way, but hey, all you need to do is look on the bright side!" -(Y/N) PvZ crossover... More

So im back i guess? (A/N)
Your clothing Looks
A strange beginning
A new world
Starting over.
Exploring Beach City
Misunderstanding
Story update
Moving stories (Not a chapter)
Decision made
WARNING!!!
Tereth
Reforming and saving
The "Date"
An Old Friend
Visiting
Berune
Fusion
Sector 347B
Hiding Something
True Nature
Better or not?
Come Back
The Plan
Final Battle
The Future!
Author Note - Story's Future and Roadmap
Your Sunlight (Story Writing Demo)

A New Home

1.7K 21 12
By Thescout234

(Song at the top for later in the chapter)

After some days and a LOT of kissing the ground, Beach City was back to normal, well, almost normal. Ever since whole "destroying the planet" ordeal, you and spinel had decided to stay in earth, much to Spinel's nervous thoughts about how the civilians would react to her after what had happened. Not everyone saw eyes to eye with you and Steven when you both said Spinel was on your side after what had happened, but they decided to give her a chance. And after the buildings were finally rebuilt, you and her had to pay your debts on the game machine spinel broke and the stickers you didn't pay for, you both had to help rebuild their buildings and you also had to do things like tidy up the place for them, it was boring, though with spinel, you both joked around talked, which made it not as boring. At the end, you and her finally paid it off and were finally free. for Steven and the others, it was mixed, Steven, Connie, and Greg were welcome of both you and her, while the other gems were a little suspicious of Spinel after what she did, and a little nervous around you since you were a destroyer, but they welcomed you in the end anyways. And last, the diamonds and homeworld, you, Spinel and sometimes Steven, would visit the diamonds, they were fine with Spinel and Steven, but were a little cautious around you as they still feared that it would only take one bad thing and you would end up destroying most of homeworld, or worse, earth, though the diamonds still cared about you. You also had met most of the gem population on homeworld, some were mixed. While others were kind, some still saw you either as a defect or a threat, but you didn't care, you had your friends and that's all that mattered. Right now, you were with Steven and the others walking to a shop at night for some snacks.

Y/N: So why did you ask for me to come with Steven? I don't exactly need to eat, I mean, not to be rude, I'm just saying that-
Steven: It's alright Y/N, I just want to see if you would want a snack, they're delicious I swear. Don't worry, after this we can go back home because me and the others need to prepare for tomorrow since we need to go to some planets the diamonds asked us to visit.
Spinel: Why?
Garnet: Apparently there are corrupted gems on different planets from past wars, battles, and similar experiences lie, ours, we need to destroy them, grab their gem, and uncorrupt them.
Y/N: is that even possible?
Steven: Of course! We've done it before, we can do it again!
Y/N: Can I join? Spinel and I doing chores has been pretty boring since all we did was just use a broom and swipe at the ground for hours.
Steven: Sure! The more the better!
Spinel: If Y/N is going then I'm coming with.
Steven: Of course! Man, you two sure are inseparable.
Amethyst: like, totally inseparable, I don't see you two alone at all.
Y/N: Well we are best friends! Right, Spinel?
Spinel: Yeah.

Spinel smiled, but inside it hurt a little when you called her 'best friend', she was unsure why, but shrugged it off. The group then made it to a little store, from there Steven started grabbing snacks. You decided look around and see if there's anything you could even try, Spinel decided to follow you once you started wandering off. You looked until you saw a bag called "marshmallows" with white, cylinders in it. You, decided open and took one out.

Y/N: Want one?
Spinel: Uh, sure.

You gave the one in your hand to Spinel who grabbed it, and pulled another one out. You both started to chew on them, spinel liked it, and looked to see how you would react. You were motionless, until you finally spoke.

Y/N: This is delicious!!!

You took another one and started eating it, Steven noticed and soon came up to the both of you with his snacks in hand.

Steven: I guess you want those Y/N?
Y/N: Yes!!
Steven: Alright. Just try not to open them until after we pay for them next time.
Y/N: Sure thing!

The three of you then walk up to the counter with the rest of the group waiting for the three of you to finish. The woman started scanning the items.

Woman: That'll be five dollars and fifty cents.

Steven then gave her the money and then grabbed his snacks while you grabbed yours, the group then exits and start walking back home. You offer spinel a marshmallow, who which she accepts again, and you start eating more of them, after a bit of walking, you grabbed into your bag only to feel nothing, you look in it to see no more marshmallows.

Y/N: Uh, Steven, can we go back?
Steven: Wait, why?
Y/N: I need more marshmallows.
Steven: Already? Sorry Y/N, but we're already close to my house, you'll have to wait till tomorrow.
Y/N: Please? I can go alone if I have to! I need more marshmallows!
Spinel: Don't forget me.
Y/N: Sorry, I can go alone with Spinel if I have to.
Steven: Sorry Y/N, but no, I don't have enough for another snack, just wait till tomorrow okay?
Y/N: But- Sigh alright...
Spinel: Hey it's alright Y/N, you'll get more next time, alright?
Y/N: Yeah, thanks for cheering me up Spinel.
Spinel: No problem! Seeing you sad isn't fun to see.
Y/N: Yeah, you're right, hehe.

You and the group soon make it back to Steven's house and enter. Amethyst, Garnet, Pearl continue chatting and Steven goes upstairs and comes back in his pajamas.

Steven: I'm gonna go to bed. Be ready in the morning, we're going to need to leave to find those corrupted gems.

You and the others reply by nodding. Steven goes back and goes to bed, you look to Spinel who starts going upstairs as well.

Spinel: You comin'?

You knew what she meant, ever since you and her decided to stay, since there wasn't much room for you and her, so you decided to just build a little house in the garden with the help of Steven and the others. Some things you and Spinel had there were a couch, a table, some lights around the house you had managed to work, a tv, two bedrooms with bed even though gems didn't need sleep, though you decided it would be nice and still got beds, and a few more things.

Y/N: You go up ahead I'll meet you there. I just need to do something real quick.

Spinel felt uncomfortable about you not being by her side after what happened to her and pink, but she still trusted you on your word.

Spinel: ...Alright, just don't take too long, okay?
Y/N: Don't worry about a thing bestie! I'll be quick.

Spinel still felt a little unsure but soon enough she nodded and walked upstairs to the warp pad. Once she was gone you started walking to the door to go outside until you heard pearl speak to you,

Pearl: where are you going?
Y/N: I'm just going to go outside a bit.
Pearl: Alright, just be careful, you get lost in your curiosity easily.
Y/N: I will, I will.

You soon exit out and start running quickly back to the store you and the others were at before.

Y/N: 'Okay, I need to grab some more marshmallows, and then I run back home.'

It took some time but you then made it. You were about to walk in until you realized you didn't have any money with you.

Y/N: Aw crap.

You thought of how you would even get any money.

Y/N: alright, it's just one bag, nothing too bad could happen, right?

You then enter sneakily, and crouch behind one of the aisles. Once the door closes, the same woman comes by as soon as she hears.

Woman: Hello? Anyone there?

You stood quiet...

Woman: I guess it was just my imagination.

She then left, to which you took your opportunity and started sneaking your way to aisle with marshmallows. Once you reached them, you grabbed a bag, opened it. You threw a marshmallow into your mouth and started to enjoy its delicious taste. Once you finished the first bag, you looked to another.

Y/N: Well...one more can't be that bad.

You grabbed another, and soon enough you were grabbing more, until you reached for another bag, only to find that there were no more.

Y/N: Aw, no more? I guess I should hide this and go back.

You hide the empty bags in the trash bin close by and you soon start walking to the exit, you grab the handle and push, only for it not to budge.

Y/N: Huh? I swear it let me in before.

You then pull, again, no budge. You try and try again until you finally give up.

Y/N: Great. I'm stuck here. Now what am I supposed to do?

You looked around to see if there was anything to do, you started walking since standing still wouldn't get you anywhere. You looked and looked until you took notice of a little arcade machine behind the counter.

Y/N: Didn't think there would be anymore of these things outside of that place Spinel and I visited and fixed.

You went up to it and started looking, the machine didn't have any slots.

Y/N: Well this is interesting, if I can't put in any money  --to which I don't have, how am I gonna play?

The game just said start. So you pressed the button which said "start" and soon a character appeared with some platforms and what looked to be some bad guys since they looked evil.

Y/N: Oooooh! This seems cool!

You pressed some buttons to get the hang of it, and soon enough, you played until the end of the level. The game simply said "press start to enter next stage."

Y/N: This is fun! Maybe just one more game will do...

Steven's pov

"Steven"

I heard a voice in my sleep, but it was probably nothing.

"Steven"

I heard it again, though I just ignored it.

"Steven!!"

I was then grabbed and whoever did started shaking me repeatedly.

Steven: Alright I'm up!

I look to see spinel with a worried face.

Spinel: have you seen Y/N? He hasn't come back to our house at the garden.
Steven: What do you mean? I thought he'd already be there by now. Anyways, what time is it.

Steven looked at the clock which said 10:59

Steven: It's been an hour that he wasn't here!? Where could he have gone? Unless....oh no.
Spinel: What is it?
Steven: He must've went to the store we were in for more marshmallows.
Spinel: That's far from our house!
Steven: I know. I'll get changed and we'll head on out!

And from there, Steven and Spinel got ready to look for you.

Y/N's pov-

Level 12. I was part of the way there or something to beating this game. It's so much fun! I also saw that the lady had a score on the leaderboard. Just hers. I decided to see if I could beat it. I soon decided to take a break and see if there were anymore marshmallows around. I didn't find any anywhere until I looked into a room with more snacks, and at the end, a whole load of those delicious, puffy, cyclinders called marshmallows.

Y/N: I didn't even know this was here! Well, I found them, might as well, right?

I then started to do something I didn't think I'd ever do...sing......

Y/N: Uh Oh, Uh Oh
Uh Oh, Uh Oh
Uh Oh, Uh Oh
wanna lose control, Uh Oh

I then grabbed three bags of marshmallows and went back to trying to beat the game.

I can't wait to let it go
Just can't keep on going with the flow
Here we go, the great unknown
Now we're gonna break up on our own

At some point, I accidentally press a button far off where the others are and I see a bunch more games to play. I realize that now I must beat the lady's score on EVERYTHING!

Oh, I wanna lose control, Uh Oh
Uh Oh, Uh Oh, I wanna lose control

Never meant to hurt no one
I just want to have a little fun
Have a laugh and I don't know
Maybe I won't feel so all alone

Oh, I wanna lose control, Uh Oh
Uh Oh, Uh Oh, I wanna lose control, Uh Oh

After so long, once I finish this level, I finally beat her score! It tells me to put some letters in so I just put in random letters and then celebrate by running into the room with marshmallows and jumping into them.

Uh Oh Uh Oh, I wanna lose control, Uh Oh

In the end I finally lay down with piles of marshmallows and bags around me, I soon look to the game machine..maybe just one more game... I then get up to play some more.

I wanna lose control, Uh Oh
Uh Oh Uh Oh,
I wanna lose control, Uh Oh

I was finishing up the level until I heard sounds coming from the door. Immediately, I ran behind the counter. Soon, I heard something break and the door opened, I heard squeaking, which could only mean one thing...

Steven: He must've been here, there's marshmallow bags everywhere.
Spinel: But where's Y/N?
Y/N: Guys?

The two looked to see you standing behind the counter. You soon jumped over it and hug the two of them.

Y/N: You're here! I was wondering how long I would be here. I tried to open the door after some time, but it wouldn't budge.
Steven: There was a lock on it, Spinel and I had to break it to get in. Now back to the real problem, why did you come here for more marshmallows!?
Y/N: I kinda wanted some more and I couldn't wait.
Spinel: Well don't run off like that again! I started to worry when you were taking a long time to get in the garden, and I had to get Steven to find you!
Y/N: I know, I know, I'm sorry. I promise I'll probably stop doing this!
Steven: The word "probably" doesn't help in this case. Look I'm tired, let's just head home, alright?
Y/N: Alright, just let me get one more-

The moment you tried walking to get more marshmallows, Spinel wrapped her arm around you until you couldn't move.

Y/N: What the!? Spinel, can you please let go?
Spinel: After what you did?! No, we are going back home and I'm keeping a closer eye on you after making me worry so much!

The three of you started to go back to Steven's house. Whilst doing so, Steven kept asking questions.

Steven: What am I going to tell the store owner? More importantly how much are all those marshmallows going to cost?
Y/N: I only ate a few, so it shouldn't be too bad.
Steven: The hundreds of bags say otherwise, well at least we found you. We'll worry about this situation later, I'm tired.
Y/N: Okay! By the way, can I go back for just one more-
Steven/Spinel: NO!
Y/N: Okay I'll shut up now.

After some time, you finally made to Steven's house. Steven went back to bed after changing, and Spinel dragged you to the warp pad, which then warped you to the garden. And once again, she starts dragging you.

Spinel: What were you thinking when you thought you could get more marshmallows?!
Y/N: That I'd be back in no time at all.
Spinel: And you were stuck for almost two hours! Doing what? Playing that arcade machine and eating more of the marshmallows!?
Y/N: Look, it looks a little, tiny bit bad, but look on the bright side! I'm here, no need to worry-
Spinel: How can I not worry when my best friend decides to lie to me and leaves!? I started to worry that you may have not come back again....like her....

The moment she said that you knew what she meant.

Y/N: Hey, I'm not one to leave my friends in the dust, you can trust me.
Spinel: I guess....

The two of you then made it to the house you lived in and entered. Upon entering, Spinel immediately unwraps her arm that was around you.

Spinel: But for now I'm just gonna keep a close eye on you.
Y/N: Fair enough.

You started to walk to your room, but the moment you took a step, you heard a squeak. You look back to see spinel still close to you. You take another step, only for her to take one too.

Y/N: Uh, Spinel, what are you doing?
Spinel: I did say I was gonna keep a close eye on you.
Y/N: I didn't think this is what you meant! Sigh Look.

You then go into your room and look through the door.

Y/N: I'm here now, in my room, where I can't leave or escape anywhere, you can stop now.
Spinel: Fine.

You then close the door, and look to your bed.

Y/N: Might as well try to sleep, sounds fun.

You lay down on the bed.

Y/N: Okay, remember what Steven said, close your eyes, do absolutely nothing, think about nothing.....relax....

You started to feel drowsy and soon fell asleep....

Suddenly, you open your eyes and see that you're floating on clouds, you looked around and it was clouds everywhere, the farther you looked, the foggier it was as well.

Y/N: So this is what Steven calls a "dream."

I looked around more and admired the view. As I look, I soon notice a darkness spreading through the clouds, and the lightning seemed to rise more. A figure soon appeared from afar, you look only to see that you couldn't make it out. But once you try again, the figure appears in front of you in the blink of an eye, it grabs you by the throat.

Y/N: What the!?

The figure then smiles, you still couldn't make it out even up close, the only thing you could clearly see, was the the purple eyes and dark gem on its chest.

Y/N: Who are you?

The figure then chuckles and forms what looked like a drill on its hand. The figure then pulled it up to your gem and readied itself.

Y/N: Wait, no no! Don't do it!

The figure then swung the drill like weapon into your gem, but as soon as it did, you immediately woke up.

Y/N: Ah!!

You look around to see that you were back in your room, nothing to be seen, you saw a glow on your gem that soon faded. You soon hear squeaking and the door opens to reveal a worried Spinel.

Spinel: What happened!? I heard you scream!
Y/N: It...was nothing, just some dream.
Spinel: Oh. Well what made you scream?
Y/N: I-I don't know, but I'm fine now bestie, no need to worry about me!

Spinel then felt another pain in her heart, and her expression showed it.

Y/N: Hey Spinel, you alright?
Spinel: Yeah, I'm fine, anyways, sleep well.
Y/N: Well, I'm kinda not in the mood to sleep anymore for now, you want to just walk around and play hide N seek or something?
Spinel: Sure, that'd be nice.

You then happily got up and soon went up to spinel. You both then started going outside, and while you were, you tried thinking about that dream you had, in the end you just shrugged it off as some bad dream and moved on.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 618 13
Just read the title. You probably have a rough idea how this is gonna go but here's some information you might want to know. Time of story: After the...
232K 4.7K 22
SPOILERS!!!!!! in the title
60K 619 21
I got bored and i decided to make this Enjoy
45 3 1
*NOTE THAT ALL PVZ CHARACTERS HAVE THEIR OWN UNIQUE NAMES THAT I'VE COME UP WITH, AND THE STORY TENDS TO BE SO AWESOME, YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN WANT TO ST...