Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy...

Por Staceeeeers

Roxanne Taylor (Born 16th October 1951) is Roger Taylor's cousin. The two of them have always been close desp... Mais

cast list + prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight**
'39
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty four.five**
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three**
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy.five
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five
seventy six
seventy seven
seventy eight
seventy nine
eighty
eighty one
eighty two
eighty three
eighty four
eighty five
eighty six
eighty seven
eighty eight**
eighty nine
ninety
ninety one
ninety two
ninety three
ninety four
ninety five
ninety six
ninety seven
ninety eight
ninety nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen
one hundred and sixteen (or epilogue)

fifty

2.6K 104 96
Por Staceeeeers

June 1974

After the release of their first album, the band were quick to jump right back into the studio and put down their second one, which was released in March of '74. With that album, the guys decided that anything that wasn't to do with the band would be put on hold which meant that yes, they'd packed in uni for the time being. 

With the aptly named Queen II released, they were asked to join Mott the Hoople on their tour of the UK, which gave them their first real taste of what being on the road would be like. 

Roxanne sadly wasn't able to go with them - Doug had left the diner and so with the new cook, she was in charge when her actual boss wasn't around, which was pretty much all the time. 

And her not being able to go with them made her reunion with John just that little bit sweeter. 

Fast forward a week after their homecoming and it was the morning after a pretty wild party that had taken place at Roger and Brian's. Roxanne and John were tangled up on the couch, where they'd passed out at some point and she was less than thrilled when she was awoken by the shrill sound of their phone, which was right on the table by their heads, ringing. 

She ignored it though, letting out a huff as she turned around and burrowed under John's arm. It's too early for phone calls. 

"Nessie, get the phone!" Roger yells from his room.

"You get it!" 

"Roxanne, if you don't get that, I swear to god-" Rebecca joins in the yelling and John groans loudly in her ear. 

"Just answer it, love." 

Huffing, she blindly reaches over the arm of the couch, landing on the telephone in one go and she picks it up, "May-Taylor residence." 

"Roxanne?" 

"John? John Reid?" she questions, opening her eyes to look up at the clock on the wall. It was just past nine, "To what do we owe the pleasure?" 

"Is Brian there? John maybe? I need to talk to them. I've tried Freddie but his phone is off the hook. Please, it's important." 

All Roxy hears is important and she holds the phone over her shoulder for John, "It's for you." 

He reluctantly takes it from her, clearing his throat as she cuddles back into his warm body, "Hello?" 

He's quiet for a bit, listening to what Reid was saying and Roxanne is just starting to dose off again when he suddenly sits up, making her whine in protest. 

He holds up a finger, asking her as politely as he can, to be quiet, "America? I-they want us to..." 

This catches her attention as well and she too sits up. She watches his face light up in excitement and he starts nodding along to whatever their manager is saying. 

"Thank you," he breathes, "Yeah, 'm sure they'll be all for it but we'll head on over to Freddie's and get back to you." 

Reid says something on the other end of the line and then John is saying goodbye before hanging up the phone. 

He still doesn't say anything and when he looks at her, Roxy raises an eyebrow, "Well?" 

He runs a hand through his hair, "Mott the Hoople. They uh they-" 

"What?" she puts her hand on his arm, "They what?" 

John gives her a toothy grin, "They want us to tour America with them." 

"Shut up," her mouth drops open, "Shut-John, that's amazing!" 

He groans as she throws her arms around him, babbling excitedly (and loudly) in his ear and it isn't long until both Roger and Brian are making an appearance; Brian is dressed and looks somewhat ready for the day while Roger is stood there in his boxers scratching at his wild bed head. 

"What's going on?" Rebecca yawns, ducking under his arm so she can make some coffee for everyone, "The two of you are sounding awfully excited." 

"Yeah, who was on the phone, Deaky?" Brian asks, sitting down on the couch by their feet. 

John looks at Roxanne, who nods eagerly, "It was John Reid." 

"Yeah?" Roger calls from the kitchen, "What did he want?" 

John waits until both he and Rebecca are back in the living room, waiting for the kettle to boil, "Well he, uh...he asked us if we'd like to do a tour of America with Mott the Hoople." 

Rebecca's mouth drops -the same way Roxanne's did as she looks between the two band members, seeing that they're staring at their bass player. 

"Please," Roger begins, "Please tell us you said yes." 

"Of course I said yes," John snaps, "I'm not an idiot." 

Roxanne lets out a squeal, "My boys are going to America!" 

Rebecca throws her arms around Roger and kisses his cheek while Brian looks back at John, "Does Fred know? He's normally the first to know about stuff like this." 

Roxanne shakes her head, "Reid said he tried ringing but the phone was off the hook." 

"Then you should go over there!" Rebecca tells them and she nods, "Now! Roger, go get dressed." 

"Will you drive us, Roxanne?" Brian asks and she eagerly nods again. 

"Of course," she gets up to grab her keys. 

"I have to go to work," Rebecca frowns, "But I'm sure I'll hear all about it later on." 

Roger stands to follow her back into his room, wrapping his arms around her middle and kissing her cheek, "This is why you should quit." 

"I'll give you a lift!" Roxanne calls before he kicks the door shut behind him, faintly hearing Rebecca's thank you reply. 

While they wait, she and John help themselves to the coffee that is now ready and he notices that she keeps looking at him, "What?" 

"Nothing," she nudges him gently with her shoulder, "'m just happy for you lot. You deserve it, John." 

He leans down to kiss her forehead as Roger and Rebecca emerge but Brian is no longer sat on the couch. 

"Brian!" Roger bangs on his bedroom door as he walks by, "Mate, we're going now!" 

"'m trying to find my other shoe!" comes his muffled reply, "I'll meet you down by the car." 

"Oh!" Roxanne stops in the doorway, causing John to walk into her, "My jacket. Here," she hands him her car keys and steps by him, "I'll just be a moment." 

Her coat is hung on the back of the couch and after grabbing it, she grabs John's too and as she heads for the front door, she slows outside Brian's, raising her hand to knock again when she realises that it sounds as if he's talking to someone. 

Frowning, she looks around to see if anyone else's belongings are still here but finds nothing but she does notice that the phone is gone from the table and that's when she remembers him saying something last night about ringing his parents.

She jumps when the sound of the car horn comes from outside and knowing that it's probably Roger, she hurries on down, hoping that Brian won't be far behind. 

++|++

They picked up some champagne (it wasn't the best but it was still some pricey stuff) on their way over to Freddie's and since his place is closer than Rebecca's work, she drops them off first. 

"You're not coming in?" John asks as she cuts the engine and she shakes her head. 

"Nah. This is a moment for you guys. Besides, I'm taking Becca to work." 

"What shift are you?" 

"I'm on till six," she sighs and he nods, leaning over to give her a kiss before he climbs out, "Now go! Freddie will be so excited when you tell him." 

Both she and Becca wave as the boys make their way into Freddie and Mary's and once Brian is the last to disappear inside, Roxanne starts up the car again and moves off. 

"It's exciting, isn't it?" Rebecca murmurs as she pulls on her seatbelt and Roxy nods. 

"It is. Imagining them in America, it's mad." 

"Will you go with them?" she asks, "Roger's asked me to go but I don't know. I don't even have a passport." 

"No, me neither," Roxy frowns. 

As much as she'd love to go with them on this adventure, she knows that she probably won't be able to; with work, the flat and her cats to take care of, she just doesn't see how it'll be possible. Sure, she's entitled to some time off but she doesn't think her manager will be too happy with her disappearing what is sure to be at least a month.

She guesses that she'll just need to wait and see. 

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

449 19 15
Roxy Wells had a normal life. She was your average seventeen year old girl who was acing her classes, the hottest girl in school but had no boyfriend...
614 76 31
My best friend and I are huge fans of Gwilym Lee and Ben Hardy and when we went to London, something crazy happend...... A Borhap fanfic (includes fl...
13.7K 685 30
**NOT BASED ON REAL FACTS** Roxanne is a modern-day American young woman who has an obsession with Queen. One night after her friend Jane drives her...
49.3K 1.3K 110
A young girl has just moved to London she has nobody no friends no job only a small house and a local pub which she visits every night but things cha...