All The Right Moves

By dinaAbu

*This book is a spin off to What I Left Behind. This may be read as a stand alone but it is highly suggested... More

Prologue
All The Right Moves- Chapter 1
All The Right Moves- Chapter 2
All The Right Moves- Chapter 3
All The Right Moves- Chapter 4
All The Right Moves- Chapter 5
All The Right Moves- Chapter 6
All The Right Moves- Chapter 7
All The Right Moves- Chapter 8
All The Right Moves- Chapter 9
All The Right Moves- Chapter 10
All The Right Moves- Chapter 11
All The Right Moves- Chapter 12
All The Right Moves- Chapter 13
All The Right Moves- Chapter 14
All The Right Moves- Chapter 15
All The Right Moves- Chapter 16
All The Right Moves- Chapter 17
All The Right Moves- Chapter 18
All The Right Moves- Chapter 19
All The Right Moves- Chapter 20
All The Right Moves- Chapter 21
All The Right Moves- Chapter 22
All The Right Moves- Chapter 23
All The Right Moves- Chapter 24
All The Right Moves- Chapter 26
All The Right Moves- Chapter 27
All The Right Moves- Chapter 28
All The Right Moves- Chapter 29
All The Right Moves- Chapter 30
All The Right Moves- Chapter 31
All The Right Moves- Chapter 32
All The Right Moves- Chapter 33
All The Right Moves- Chapter 34
All The Right Moves- Chapter 35
All The Right Moves- Chapter 36
All The Right Moves- Chapter 37
All The Right Moves- Chapter 38
All The Right Moves- Chapter 39
All The Right Moves- Chapter 40
All The Right Moves- Chapter 41
All The Right Moves- Chapter 42
All The Right Moves- Chapter 43
All The Right Moves- Chapter 44
All The Right Moves- Chapter 45
All The Right Moves- Chapter 46
All The Right Moves- Chapter 47
All The Right Moves- Chapter 48
All The Right Moves- Chapter 49
Epilogue

All The Right Moves- Chapter 25

158 6 0
By dinaAbu

Chapter 25

Charlie

It had been a whirlwind.

Drew had been home for about three days now and things felt so off.

I couldn't put my finger to it but something wasn't right.

Everything felt so foreign yet I was finding myself acting quite natural.

In Blake's home that I don't remember, with her husband whom was my best friend which I found incredibly relieved to see that they had ended up together.

But to see their baby boy had been a whole other ordeal.

I found myself in awe of the human that they've created.

My two dumba*s friends made such a beautiful person. I was a complete mush.

It had been a few days with Clay and although he had been so comfortable with me, I found myself feeling guilty for not remembering him.

Surely I had to eventually?

I didn't have any pictures to register Clay or my memories.

Losing my phone in the fire had been a complete joke. It was like God was trying to tell me that I needed a fresh start.

I had to yet to get a new one and knew I'd have to get one eventually.

On my laptop I had logged into what I thought were my social media accounts to see that nothing worked. Confused, I had to ask Blake for clarification.

After all, I felt that I could at least recollect some memories from photos and posts, but this backfired when Blake answered.

"Hey B? Could you tell me why I don't have any social media?" I asked curiously.

I was all about Instagram in College. When did that stop?

She chuckled before responding, "You quit social media personally and used it more for your business to gain a platform. After..." She paused before speaking again.

"You quit social media and mainly use it now to gain traction for your company. The only accounts you have it for the company but Kenna runs them all so really you don't use them anymore. You haven't for years really. You've only ever kept up with Drew and the NFL for that matter." She clarified flipping through a magazine.

I nodded letting the information sink in.

"Speaking of companies... when am I going to be able to go to the office?" I asked curiously.

I was so curious to see what I had done.

She shot me a smile.

"Once you feel 100%. I don't want you to worry about that now, we've got it all under control." Blake replied shooting me a wink.

I felt stronger with each passing day with the pain in my ribs slowly but surely subsiding. The headaches though were a whole other story. They would come and go as they pleased and were getting on my last nerve.

Before I could respond both Ethan and Drew walked in laughing about something.

"You two. Perfect timing. Let's go set the table Ethan!" Blake said standing and grabbing Ethan's hand.

Drew's eyes never left mine.

I had to look away at the intensity of his stare.

It seemed as if now whenever I looked at him he was looking at me.

I wasn't sure how I felt about it.

"How are you feeling?" he asked pulling me to stand on my feet.

Hugging me, I laughed in his chest.

He had been gone for two hours yet felt the need to hug me every time he saw me.

Wrapping my arms around his large torso I sighed, "Better than I was a couple of hours ago," I joked.

He chuckled.

"I'm sorry If I'm too much. I just-"

I cut him off, "No, I get it. Please don't apologize."

I would be the same way had the roles been reversed.

I had gone through something traumatic, yes. But Drew, Blake, and Ethan, all went through trauma as well with what I put them through.

I could never imagine being in their position, nor did I ever want to.

Feeling him smile against my forehead, I laughed.

"Is it just me or have things felt different for us?" I asked him trying to clear the elephant in the room.

He pulled away from the hug just slightly to look at me, "What do you mean?" He asked confused.

I shrugged, "I don't think I'm overthinking it but you're much more attentive to me. I don't want to sound conceded in any way and I've been under the presumption it's because I well almost died, but I don't know. Something seems off."

He rubbed my arms before responding, "You're not far off. Nothing is wrong with us. I'm just really grateful to have you here, with us. We are so lucky." He replied.

I smiled, "I knew it was just me overthinking. But quit it. I'm not going anywhere." I told him, trying for reassurance.

He shot a smile, "No way in hell you are Tiger."

I felt my stomach flip at his comment.

Drew always knew how to lighten the mood with one of his comments.

"Alright guys let's eat," I heard Blake shout from the dining room.

I broke the hold Drew still had on me and made my way over to the dining room. I didn't realize it til now but I was starving.

****************************************************

It was just before sunset that we finished cleaning dinner.

"Mind if I take you somewhere?" Drew asked just as I finished putting the last dish in the dishwasher.

Wiping my hands with a towel I responded curiously, "As long as you don't kidnap me." I joke.

"It's nothing major obviously. You're still recovering." He replied walking out of the kitchen.

Following suit, I put on my jacket and boots.

Auburn was chilly and I knew I needed to dress warm.

Finishing putting my boots on, Drew walked over to me and zipped up my coat and threw over my hood.

"I don't want you getting sick, either." He replied opening the front door.

I smiled at the gesture.

Walking over to the driveway I realized I had no idea what car we were going in.

"The Audi. That's the one we're going in," he stated as if reading my mind.

I nodded heading to the passenger side and climbing in.

The aroma of Drew engulfed me the second I shut the door.

This was definitely his car.

I felt myself relax into the seat.

Drew climbed in and immediately reversed the car.

We drove in silence.

The drive was short, and I knew exactly where we were as he pulled up.

Opening the door for me, I hopped out of the car as Drew shut the door behind me.

I walked closer to the body of water in front of me and shut my eyes tight.

The crisp air was hitting my face and the slow sound of the water hitting the rocks filled my ears.

This was tranquility at it's finest.

I took a deep breath, getting emotional.

Without saying a word, Drew grabbed a hold on my hand and walked us over to where I noticed there were blankets and a fire burning.

Saint Coastal Lake definitely changed from the last I remembered.

"Wait, since when did the lake have this room for such bonfires?" I asked confused.

Drew looked at me as we walked, "They've changed it up over the years, but they don't typically allow bonfires. This is an exception."

He ushered us to sit by the fire and placed the blanket over us as we got settled.

"This was where you and Ethan were?" I asked confused.

He shot me a soft smile.

"Sort of." He replied smirking.

My insides warmed at the gesture.

"Drew Underwood. Since when in the world did you become a romantic? Who in the hell changed you?" I asked curiously.

I was completely taken aback.

Shooting me a wink, he ignored my comment.

"I thought that if anything was needed, it was this. Fresh air and some sort of peace." He said answering my unspoken question.

He had brought me here to get a break from my reality.

I took a dee breath, inhaling the fresh air.

It wasn't too cold out but just the perfect fall day.

The leaves scattered around us and the sun was slowly setting.

My emotions were getting the best of me now.

I tried holding my composure knowing that I was being quite the sensitive sally at the moment.

Sensing my distress, Drew threw his arm over my shoulder and pulled me close to him.

"I'm here, you can talk to me." He stated.

My stare was fixated on the lake and the beautiful sunset behind it.

"I know you are. I'm just overwhelmed. I have so many questions but haven't asked any due to fear. But it's driving me insane. I need to know, but do I want to know? I haven't figured all of that out just yet." I responded truthfully.

"I know that there are things in my history that are off. I feel it. Something is off but I can't put my finger to it and everyone is treating me as if I'm some China glass that at any second will break if touched. That's not who I am. I may be scared but I know that I can handle it. I just haven't gathered whether I want to right now."

At this point I felt like I was just babbling.

My thoughts were everywhere and anywhere.

"I get that. You want to know but you're worried that what you will find out with cause you more pain." He said pausing.

Taking a deep breath, he continued.

"But what I will say is that you were in a great place at the time of the accident. The happiest you had ever been really. While it was a bumpy road to get there, you made it and you did it all through your own strength."

"You have no idea just how strong you are Charlie. And you have all the time in the world. Don't rush into it, as it will only overwhelm you even more. But we will slowly put the pieces to your puzzle back together. I'm here with you through it all."

I knew Drew was here for me.

He was absolutely everything I expected him to be right now, if not more.

I felt myself find comfort in his words, knowing that he was telling me nothing but the truth.

"Just be sure you don't run when I do figure this all out. I have a feeling it's going to be messy." I replied.

He chuckled, "I'm not going anywhere. Never. Not matter how hard it will get, you have me Hale."

I rested my head on his chest and took in the last bit of the sunset that glowed in front of us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

460K 18.2K 39
Mia met Trevor, Liam and Sebastian in 5th grade. At the time she thought they were sore losers, but they soon turned into her bestie boys. Mia is ado...
1.4K 52 46
This book will have you wondering if the story is real or fictional. Some may relate and some may think the people in this book is crazy. Take a jour...
120K 3.5K 36
Kingston Spin-off #3 THE THIRD BOOK OF THE KINGSTON SPIN-OFF SERIES! Brielle Kingston is the most determined Kingston in her huge family. Newly grad...
118K 3.2K 32
My name is Joey Lerman. And I... was just going through a phase of 'moving-on' from a 2-year relationship with my ex-boyfriend. In this screwed up st...